Telegram?

enraem

Question

I just finished making my profile and gigs, then I suddenly received a message! There I was excited that I might have my first job, but after reading the message I noticed that they where from Nigeria, have jumbled letters for usernames, and are asking me to contact them on telegram. I reported them... then I received 10 more messages like it.

Bruh... I'm still getting more at this moment.

• Like 31
  • Sad 5
  • Up 4

13 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Fiverr doesn't, it's people marking it as Spam that signals to Fiverr that message is not ok and then they block it. Buuut, not everyone will mark as spam and as always, some people fall for it.

I'm lucky for twice then!!

• Like 15

On 8/23/2023 at 11:41 AM, s_akram said:

Seems like this fool scammers forget one simple thing that is there is another life after death.

Not everyone believes that. And even if they do believe that, they still want money in this life.

On 8/23/2023 at 11:41 AM, s_akram said:

So they think that they are over smart and we freelancers are fool as they think.

There are freelancers who fall for it, so it's worth it to the scammers.

• Like 16
  • Up 1

At one point I got a little frustrated and wrote them a *polite* little rant going along the lines of "Look, someone would have thought that a dozen failed attempts at scamming me out of my money and time would have tipped you off...I'm not going to fall for it."

Surprisingly, it actually worked 😅. For the next few days, I received at most one a day (as opposed to at least two dozen a day before). 

• Like 18

On 9/22/2023 at 2:57 AM, emma_7134 said:

At one point I got a little frustrated and wrote them a *polite* little rant going along the lines of "Look, someone would have thought that a dozen failed attempts at scamming me out of my money and time would have tipped you off...I'm not going to fall for it."

Surprisingly, it actually worked 😅. For the next few days, I received at most one a day (as opposed to at least two dozen a day before). 

I usually get a lot of them when I post graphic design gigs.

it’s so frustrating 

• Like 13

Actually, I've had enough of this! Ok... Be patient...😇

Make them our motivators, who have always be working hard and hoping on a strike from their victims without resting all day

Scammers are (Sometimes) also a great example of hard worker people out there!

Screenshot_2023-10-01-02-16-09-38.jpg

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

Good day! I am a new SELLER,  I just started yesterday and I have no idea yet how this works. I know lots of you here are experts already, I hope you can spare a little time. Can you please help me navigate the Fiverr tool?, How will I be able to reply as they drop their '@(name).. or how to do direct message? 

I have here a sample message and I keep on receiving one. I don't know if it's real or spam because as I respond even if they are online they don't get to reply back.

Sample 1: "Hello . We have huge (Translation job's available) Per page 📄📄 is ⁵⁰$= if you are available in any of these jobs.  Data entry  Copy writing  Articles  There all available   Message ,,, (@Yerry882)👈 T,,E,,L,,E,,G,,R,,A,,M 🫡 "

Sample 2: "We're looking for an experienced translator to help me with a project. The document I need translated is written in English and the desired target language is any language. It is more than 5000 words in length. If you’re interested, Dm on {🅣]📩🅔[🅛}📩🅔{🅖}📩🅡{🅐}🅜> @Lamech12 ☝️☝️☝️☝️"

I hope you help me with this. Bless you guys.

• Like 21
  • Confused 1

Hi there.

These are absolutely a spam. And you can report it as spam. Communicate out of Fiverr platform is also against Fiverr ToS. So be carefull. As you are new here, you will receive a lot of spam at the beginning.

Another thing, you cannot call out Fiverr members by their username here on the Forum. Forum Rules #3. 

• Like 25
  • Congrats! 1

You guys have really spoken well, and I warmly welcome the new members here. Feel free to talk and ask questions from us here. Basically there are spammers here on fiverr, but you dont have to worry about them, the point just have strong hope, be consistent with fiverr activites and lastly stay updated.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

Hi @awais___786

If you think you came in contact with a fraud, please send an email to our CS or send me a message and report them. Send us all the details and screenshots, if you have any.

That is one of the ways to prevent them from scamming good and hardworking people here on Fiverr. 

Thank you. 

• Like 23