Webinar signup: AI

Yoav.M

Hello everyone, 

I'm writing you the following response to clarify that we have a webinar next week - 22.2 (11 am New York time) - with the purpose to provide useful and helpful information about AI. 

We will share insights on the latest generative AI tools, the benefits of incorporating them into your work processes, and the best way to go about it. 

Our desire is to ease your way, to make you feel supported and to help you become more successful with us.

We want to enlighten your thoughts about the use of AI on Fiverr, and how it can be beneficial for you.
Registration - https://events.fiverr.com/joiningforceswithai/CRM

• Like 14
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I do have just one question unrelated to this topic though. What is fiverr's policy for selling AI generated art? Since topic of licensing AI art is still up for debate, can people sell AI generated art on the platform at this time?

[mod note: post split//moved/merged into relevant topic.]

• Like 13

Hi again @vishdrawings,

Firstly, you're most welcome to join our future webinar about generative AI tools, which will elaborate exactly about this issue and much more - https://events.fiverr.com/joiningforceswithai

Secondly, this is the link to where you can find the below explanation - https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/intellectual-property

Also, please find the specific guidelines here below:

Artificial Intelligence (AI) generated content.

Fiverr embraces the use of new technology and allows content generated by users with the help of artificial intelligence (AI) tools and programs.  

However, whenever AI is a part of the work process, it should be proactively disclosed to  buyers through the Gig description, and/or during any order requirements discussion.

Do not:

• Mislead others about the nature of the work when it is not entirely human generated
  • Sell AI-generated content in bulk
  • Use AI tools to spread misinformation, create deepfakes, or generate faces of humans who do not exist
  • Use AI in a way that is biased or potentially discriminates against individuals 

Sellers are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary rights to the content they create, including copyrights. If the content created and/or delivered on Fiverr with the help of AI is found to infringe or violate any copyrights, existing non-original standards, applicable law, or Fiverr Community Standards, such content will be removed from the platform, and the seller’s account may be permanently suspended. 

If sellers use AI tools and/or programs to generate content or deliver services, they are obligated to comply with the respective tool and/or program’s terms of service and all applicable regulations.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, editors_picks said:

Hi again @vishdrawings,

Firstly, you're most welcome to join our future webinar about generative AI tools, which will elaborate exactly about this issue and much more - https://events.fiverr.com/joiningforceswithai

Secondly, this is the link to where you can find the below explanation - https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/intellectual-property

Thank you, that is very informative. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, editors_picks said:

Hi Yoav, you might want to read @mariashtelle1 & @maitasun's comments here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/298708-my-potential-buyer-not-interested-with-the-offer-after-i-be-firm-about-the-price/?do=findComment&comment=1881857

And this thread on chatGPT popped up right after that first AI webinar:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/296623-use-of-chatgpt-on-fiverr/

There are quite a few of the many AI-related posts on the forum. I think @vickiespencer has been catching most of them if you want to see examples of what's happening on the forum (I already mentioned what I see on the platform).

Just provided the above links in case you wanted to do some reading before the webinar on the 22nd. 😊

• Like 14

Thanks @vickiespencer& @vickieito, I appreciate your care and help.

We will try to take into account all of the mentioned concerns and issues in these posts, and hopefully we will answer most of the raised questions.

We are intending to have a 10 minutes Q&A session before the end of the webinar, for all the sellers participating.

Joining Forces With Generative AI

Best,

Yoav Marcus , Fiverr's Education & Engagement manager for sellers

Edited by editors_picks
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, syedalhajuddin said:

Please note that some platforms may have terms of service or guidelines that need to be followed when it comes to the use of automated tools or AI-generated content, so it's important to familiarize yourself with those before using any such service on these platforms.

YOU: "Sir answers of your questions may be met in any way on Fiverr. Same may be routed through Fiverr and not other means else"

ChatGPT: "Please note that some platforms may have terms of service or guidelines that need to be followed when it comes to the use of automated tools or AI-generated content, so it's important to familiarize yourself with those before using any such service on these platforms."

How do you slip in and out of fluency like that? 😆

• Like 12
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Screenshot2023-01-14at11_11_43AM.thumb.png.27a14bc72dfadc07aab3d93c157b4bfe.png

The upcoming webinar will be interesting. I believe Fiverr have a list of ways that it hopes users will leverage AI, but I already know that this how it will instead be abused, just to fake literacy as a trick to get sales. I'm glad that Fiverr recently rolled out wider ability to hold zoom calls, and I believe this may become a necessary step that buyers need to take instead of inbox chat just to verify whether you are speaking with a person who actually is fluent, or a chatbot.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 10
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

I'm glad that Fiverr recently rolled out wider ability to hold zoom calls, and I believe this may become a necessary step that buyers need to take instead of inbox chat just to verify whether you are speaking with a person who actually is fluent, or a chatbot.

Dang, I will have to comb my hair and put on something besides the comfy clothes I typically wear. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

Fiverr recently rolled out wider ability to hold zoom calls, and I believe this may become a necessary step that buyers need to take instead of inbox chat just to verify whether you are speaking with a person who actually is fluent, or a chatbot.

I'd have to agree with you on this, @newsmike! I've been trying to hold onto my "no Zoom" policy for awhile now, but broke away from it last week. I can't think of a better way to convince my customers that I'm real than getting on a quick Zoom call. It only takes a few second to establish credibility.

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Dang, I will have to comb my hair and put on something besides the comfy clothes I typically wear. 

I'm still going for comfort, @vickiespencer! I found dresses to look more professional and they're super easy and comfy to wear (just like putting on a long shirt but an upgrade from wearing my husband's XL sweatershirts all the time 😂). And I don't exactly brush my hair ...I just finger-comb it into a ponytail.

@newsmike & @breals - how professional should we get on these Zoom calls? Should I work on getting a better background (currently a blank, white wall)?

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

I think the blur background effect is fine. You only have to not look sloppy. The world knows we are working form home. There is a difference between comfortable and sloppy. I'm willing to bet you would never allow yourself to be the latter on Zoom. Would not sweat it much. I keep a nice shirt and ball cap at the ready, which goes on for all Zoom calls. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, vickieito said:

@newsmike & @breals - how professional should we get on these Zoom calls? Should I work on getting a better background (currently a blank, white wall)?

My advice is, don't be something you're not.  You have to feel comfortable on the calls, and if you're wearing smart clothes for the sake of it then it'll feel uncomfortable and unnatural. I tend to wear t-shirts, as long as the don't have anything offensive on it, this tends to be the casual dress that most people accept these days.    In terms of background,  I have an office with a fake brick Wallpaper behind me, as it's nice and generic. 

But people sell people, and I would always recommend that you spend your time thinking about how you build up your confidence speaking to others, rather than how things look. providing of course that you don't have anything stupid in your background which has been covered above.   

What I will say though is that the zoom calls become easier the more you do, and dare I say fun?  they break up my day and at best guess I have probably done 200 plus on Fiverr alone.  Each one has got better over time, and I will never go back to the old way of working.   

Why? exactly the reasons @newsmike has mentioned.  I want to work out if the person I am selling a service to is the real deal, isn't going to screw me over, and is crystal clear on the service I am providing.

I am interviewing them, just as much as they are me. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, breals said:

I am interviewing them, just as much as they are me.

Yes, and honestly a certain amount of added humanity is not a bad thing. Henry, the studio cat occasionally makes an appearance, and 100% of the time, people say, oooh so cute. 

• Like 10
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @newsmike & @breals! You both brought up a lot of good points for me to consider when adding Zoom to my business plan.

I do want to "keep it real" and have that "added humanity" that you both were talking about. That's really the whole purpose of adding Zoom to my business. This is something AI can't do.

Based on your feedback, I won't worry too much about my background or dress. Now that I live near my sister, I found out dresses are really comfortable and make me really happy (I couldn't wear them when I was a food scientist)! So now I look a bit more polished than I used to be. 

I will need to brush up on my communication skills and will not use my hearing loss as a crutch. I'll also explore what tools are available for the hearing impaired because it looks like I'm still missing parts of the conversations that I don't even realize until later while reviewing the transcripts. 

It also looks like there are internet connectivity issues and a lot of environmental noises that may be distracting to clients, so I'll see what can be done there. Thanks again for all your help!

• Like 13
  • Up 1

12 hours ago, vickieito said:

I will need to brush up on my communication skills and will not use my hearing loss as a crutch. I'll also explore what tools are available for the hearing impaired because it looks like I'm still missing parts of the conversations that I don't even realize until later while reviewing the transcripts. 

@vickieito, fortunately, or unfortunately, I can help you there.  just over a year ago and a half this happened to me when I was hit really, really hard with covid and was an unfortunate side effect that something like 1% of people who get covid get. I will send you some suggestions if you are ok with me messaging you. it's not just your physical health that this impacts but your confidence and mental health as well. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markp said:

I will send you some suggestions if you are ok with me messaging you. it's not just your physical health that this impacts but your confidence and mental health as well. 

I would love that, @markp! One of the reasons I went "in hiding" by working online with a no-zoom, no-phone policy was to avoid the stress that comes with not being able to hear things properly. It looks like I can't hide anymore. 😅

• Like 9

On 2/19/2023 at 1:20 PM, vickieito said:

an upgrade from wearing my husband's XL sweatershirts all the time 😂

...I just finger-comb it into a ponytail.

I mostly wear large sweatshirts and put my hair in a bun with a clip. I like the idea of having a nicer shirt at the ready to quickly put on. I do not want to give up my blue jeans. And I like the blurred background like @newsmikesuggested.  

• Like 12

Looks like I missed an interesting webinar! Re your points @vickieito just be you on the call, don't overthink it. I live on zoom, sometimes it's a Tshirt, sometimes a hoody, sometimes a shirt and / or jumper. Buyers aren't expecting 'corporate', so you can be a bit chilled out I think! Re the background, I used to blur it, but I found that this can (it seems) slow down the connection / call and make it lag, so I just have my back to a wall now, or make sure the background is tidy (ish).

Either way, I think being open to zoom will elevate any seller. I've lost track of the amount of buyers who said that they ignore sellers that won't meet on zoom.

• Like 13