USE of ChatGPT on Fiverr

Hello Fellows,

You can use ChatGPT, an open-source version of the GPT language model, to generate text for various tasks on Fiverr. Some possible use cases includes:

1. Writing Quick response using the ChatGPT.
  2. Writing Gig Description using it.
  3. Composing emails and chat responses
  4. For generating well written Feedback

To use ChatGPT on Fiverr, you would need to have a good understanding of how the model works and how to fine-tune it for your specific task. Additionally, you would need to have the technical expertise to train and deploy the model, as well as to integrate it into your Fiverr workflow.

It's also worth noting that, if you're planning to use ChatGPT to generate original content for Fiverr, it's important to make sure that you're complying with Fiverr's terms of service.

• Like 30
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, mehran_hussain said:

You can use ChatGPT, an open-source version of the GPT language model, to generate text for various tasks on Fiverr. Some possible use cases includes:

1. Writing Quick response using the ChatGPT.
  2. Writing Gig Description using it.
  3. Composing emails and chat responses
  4. For generating well written Feedback

I think all of it is misleading to Fiverr buyers and should not be allowed. 

• Like 18
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, mehran_hussain said:

Additionally, you would need to have the technical expertise to train and deploy the model,

How would a Fiverr user "train and deploy the model"? Isn't the model used by Open AI for Chat-GPT GPT3.5 and they aren't giving away the model and it would be too big for most people to fully train anyway even if they did (eg. it took millions of $ for Open AI or some other company to train GPT 3?)? Do they give a way to additionally train it (on new texts) or is that just other language models that do? Or are you talking about prompt crafting or something when you're talking about training it? Or do you mean the users train how to use it, not train the model?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 13
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

What absolute nonsense. 

I have used ChatGTP to create some copy in a pinch for my personal projects, but I wouldn't use it on Fiverr gigs or communication without checking to see if it breaks ToS.

@mehran_hussainI understand the enthusiasm but you may want to hold off before suggesting that others use it, until you can check that your account still exists in 14 days. 

EDIT: There I fixed the post for you. Please update us when you hear back from Fiverr officials.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1
  • Up 10

if you use gpt chat to create content for customers and use it as is customers are going to get penalized by google. this was stated as far back as last year in a hangout.

watch this video from 22 to. 24 minutes.

Since then Google can detect it and have stated in chats (not on twitter or social media) they can detect it and chat gpt (open AI)  have already stated they will leave start to leave footprints in generated content

anyone using this to generate content for customers is going to cause major issues.

As far as being used to create gig titles and descriptions are concerned or other uses on Fiverr I have no comment but I do see a non fiverr issue doing so.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 8

let me tell you all a story.. a long time ago (over ten years) Google got seriously pissed with a site that people were using to place content on. people were rewriting content, spinning it with software and writing articles and placing them on the site and the content was ranking very well in the search results.  this went on for a very, very long time and the general consensus was there was nothing Google could do. Im not going to put the name of the site down here as the post may get removed but some of you may guess which site this is. people were making a very large income from doing this and the site owner was doing the same from google ads. Google did not like what was appearing in the search results and how it was being created.  At this time I was doing Google ads with a business partner and we started seeing some strange behaviour with corporate customers. It soon became apparent google was getting ready to give this site a big kick up the backside. We went and warned the site owner what was going to happen and some of this was discussed in the open with the site owner openly deriding what he was told by us.  what you have to keep in mind with google is they will always play the long game. They will give you enough rope to hang yourself with and then open the trapdoor. they opened the trapdoor with the farmer update (look it up) and overnight the site and others doing the same thing fell off a cliff.  i would strongly advise anyone using AI tools (any tools) to be very careful with what they are doing. if you are using it on your own site you might wake up one day to major problems and if you provide content to customers  without telling them it is AI content (this by itself in my opinion is unethical) and without making changes to it they are likely to run into seriously big problems in the long term which will come back to you. I know this forum isnt really the place for this discussion & I will stop it there but everyone should be careful with what they do.

• Like 18
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 3

Fiverr went to pretty great lengths to expand into non English speaking markets as a way to show growth, and now they have a sizable percentage of sellers who can't communicate in English well enough to get anything done here.

I really hope this isn't some hair brained attempt to address that problem, as if it is, whoo boy... the implications.

• Like 14
  • Up 6

2 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Fiverr just gave a webinar on how to use chatGPT to generate their gig descriptions…. 

Let's enable and encourage the illiterate to flood the site. What could go wrong?  If true, they are their own worst enemy.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 14
  • Up 7

32 minutes ago, terrygrantvo said:

I really hope this isn't some hair brained attempt to address that problem, as if it is, whoo boy... the implications.

Makes you wonder if it eventually invites a competitor. One that will vet the sellers, create a barrier to entry and only sell legitimate services. Sorry psychics and spell casters. 

• Like 11
  • Up 2

18 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Makes you wonder if it eventually invites a competitor. One that will vet the sellers, create a barrier to entry and only sell legitimate services. Sorry psychics and spell casters. 

To be fair though, a psychic could have told me that my phone was going to correct 'harebrained' to 'hair brained' and saved me the embarrassment.

• Like 9
  • Haha 9
  • Up 2

42 minutes ago, terrygrantvo said:

To be fair though, a psychic could have told me that my phone was going to correct 'harebrained' to 'hair brained' and saved me the embarrassment.

I would not bet on that. 

318382_178886992190278_100002069342508_384074_1880514937_n.jpg

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 11
  • Haha 10
  • Up 2

You know how hard we are on that certain location because of scamming? With them most of the problem is that they lie about qualifications to make sales. But do a quick search and find this, which is just as bad if not worse because they are preying on lonely, brokenhearted, uneducated and superstitious people, desperate to find some happiness. Instead they get pickpocketed. 

How is this even a category on a serious freelancing platform?

image.png.a7f9779309cade54199e71d5213656be.png

• Like 17
  • Up 2

6 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

the spellcasters wielded great power over here

How powerful could they be if you didn't get turned into a frog?  That's just spells, search tarot and psychic for tons more. It is an embarrassment and a fraud. I you can perform a money spell, why do you need to sell hokum to trusting dopes for $5? Just keep winning the lottery twice a week, if you have "the power".

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 11
  • Up 7

I've noticed that gigs are now being offered on Fiverr (Writing and Translation) for AI-assisted writing tools. As a seller in the writing and translation services marketplaces, I'm concerned that these tools could negatively impact our business. Isn't Fiverr shooting itself in the foot, allowing sellers to offer the development of personal AI-assisted writing tools on the platform.  

Isn't this likely to steal all the attention away from us human scribes?  Why is Fiverr allowing these services to be advertised on the platform?

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

6 hours ago, marykipper said:

Why is Fiverr allowing these services to be advertised on the platform?

Because people will use them regardless, and Fiverr prefers they would use them through Fiverr than elsewhere, so Fiverr can get their cut. If there are tools to write copy that are indistinguishable from a human (not saying this is the case now, but will be the case in the future, is not an if but a when), those are the most cost effective solution. Everyone will be using them instead of humans. It's just how it is. So Fiverr would rather have people buy the automated thing through their system, so they can charge the 20%, rather than having nobody buy writing on Fiverr anymore, thereby making 0%.

Of course most smart buyers will just use the tools directly, but a lot of buyers aren't smart, they just want someone to take care of things. Just look at logo maker and psychics lol, who the hell is buying that.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 12
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

I've had potential buyers contact me and ask me to use specific AI programs to write articles for them. Of course, I tell them I don't do that and send them on their way. It makes no sense why someone would want to pay for auto-generated stuff when they can hire a brain with skills.

It surprises and annoys me that Fiverr seems to promote (through the webinar) using something that is essentially misrepresentation of skills and a work-around for a good chunk of their sellers.

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 9