No Sales / No experience = No Advice Please!!!

breals

New freelancers, or freelancers with ZERO sales and experience.  PLEASE READ!!!!!!! 

As we have seen in recent updates this week, the advice that has been given by people on this forum has had a massive effect on peoples accounts. Granted, a lot of these issues were self inflicted.  (I won't go into details. But most of us know what i'm referring to) 

However, it is becoming increasingly frustrating to see freelancers with ZERO experience and ZERO sales feeling that they can give advice in exchange for forum badges, or ego boosts. 

Pretty much every time I read these replies, the information is incorrect, or generated by AI in a petty attempt to fool it's readers that they are more literate than they actually are.    But please bear this in mind. 

a) Your comments have a consequence on the people that read them. 

b) Your incorrect words/advice are probably responsible for breaches in the Fiver TOS

c) Your comments could lose freelancers their accounts 

d) Fiverr forum badges DO NOT generate sales for you

e) Copying and pasting the same comment time after time does nothing for your credibility

f) If you have no sales or no experience? YOU are helping to create a culture of misinformation on this forum. 

There are some new contributors that come to this forum with fast amounts of industry knowledge, and they stick out like a sore thumb, as unsurprisingly, they know what they are talking about.  This is not directed at you.   

This rant is directed at the people that feel they can make up answers without a care for what they are saying and who it affects. 

So please consider this. Rather than spending your time adding random words for the sake of it.

Why am I doing it?

What benefit is it going to give the people who read it?

What if my information is wrong?

The only way you will be able to have the confidence in your replies is to WALK the WALK, and become and experienced freelancer and/or an expert in your field

Otherwise, quite frankly, your advise has ZERO worth and ZERO benefit.

So please consider this the next type your hand is hovering over the reply box

Rant over! 

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 14
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, breals said:

New freelancers, or freelancers with ZERO sales and experience.  PLEASE READ!!!!!!! 

Sadly, because of the length of your post, most of the people that it is directed at will not read it, or if they do, they will not comprehend it and merely make the type of comments you were referring to.

I see you have one, or is it two 😉, already? 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 10
  • Up 5

I'll give you an A for effort, but the majority of sellers who'll read (and comprehend) your post are those who don't constantly clutter the forum with bad advice. I bet that most of the sellers who pull advice out of their *ahem* can't even understand a word you wrote. The spammers are either going to completely ignore your post or they'll write replies like "Thanks for the advice," "great advice," and "how to get orders?"

• Like 11

1 minute ago, vickiespencer said:

Sadly, because of the length of your post, most of the people that it is directed at will not read it, or if they do, they will not comprehend it and merely make the type of comments you were referring to. I see you have one, or is it two 😉, already? 

Haha! We wrote the exact same thing at the exact same time. 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Sadly, because of the length of your post, most of the people that it is directed at will not read it, or if they do, they will not comprehend it and merely make the type of comments you were referring to. I see you have one, or is it two 😉, already? 

Ha Ha.  It was either rant in frustration, or go for a run in the cold.  

The 500 words won as it's freezing outside!  😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, breals said:

Great post! I pray for you, bro!

28 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

How long I will have to walk sir? 24 / 7 walk? Is that active enough? 😉🙈 

I pray for you, too!

8 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Here in the mountains of Montana, it is 26F. That is -3.333C. 

I don't pray for you! You have the lightsaber, you'll be fine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Here in the mountains of Montana, it is 26F. That is -3.333C. 

-3°C Yikes! 🥶 Here, it is 7°C, and I don't feel like getting out of bed in the morning. I skipped my gym today because I was feeling too lazy (and cold) to get out of my bed. My gym is literally 100 meters away from my home. Haha!

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 3

9 minutes ago, rahulkajla1 said:

-3°C Yikes! 🥶 Here, it is 7°C, and I don't feel like getting out of bed in the morning. I skipped my gym today because I was feeling too lazy (and cold) to get out of my bed. My gym is literally 100 meters away from my home. Haha!

7 Celsius? Try -28 degree here. And people skiing, hiking, horse riding. 🤷‍♂️ I feel like I'm neighbor to Santa and his reindeers. 

Sometimes I'm afraid of tourists visiting here during winter. What is the saying? hmmm "Almadallah" to them.

Edited by gongor32
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

Regarding "too long to read", I once tried this, straight to the point, pictogram style, and nicely searchable...

615412748_Screenshot(1907).thumb.png.2e52edff8d9ff0ffb9501f7725f3fe83.png

(by the way, did anyone else notice how incredibly many forum topic titles tell you absolutely zero about the topic, and gave up on opening any topics that don't at least hint at whether there's any sense in your opening them or not...)

Edited by miiila
  • Like 13

the people you are addressing this to will never read this. the only purpose for what they post is to get forum badges and in the very mistaken belief they will get sales.  Have you noticed how they never respond to anything after they have posted. All you see are replies from people saying  "pray for me",  congrats.. conga rats, and whatever else. The people responding don't even read what is being posted. It's one big circle jerk.

The only time they ask for help is when they run into problems, for following their own advice and for trying to take shortcuts..like happened this week with everyone suddenly "No England speaking" after action was taken for what they were doing.  Its pointless trying to address them. They will ignore you hoping you will go away and stop pointing out the futility of what they are doing and will keep repeating the same things over and over, with the same results. No results.

stay online all day and all night until you die from exhaustion and then someone else in the family takes over... post nothing but links to your gigs non stop on social media even though you have no followers, no content and no(n)sense. Follow some rubbish from someone on youtube who has never posted on the forum and doesn't even have a Fiverr account and post it on the forum until you banned. 

All these people are interested in is a shortcut to making sales.  They have no interest at all in the customers. I cannot overstate that. They have absolutely no interest in customers. They just see the customers as dollar signs and not people, or businesses requiring or needing a service or help. if there is a shortcut they will take it. Against the TOS or not, until the inevitable happens. 

Action was taken before if I remember correctly stopping these people posting in tips for sellers but they just shifted their focus to other parts of the forum to get round this. 

Sellers  who are serious and really want help will not take much notice of this drivel being posted. most will see right through it and there are a lot of people on here who will give real help and advice to people asking for it and step in, like many of the people who have posted above here.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, gongor32 said:

Try -28 degree here. And people skiing, hiking, horse riding. 🤷‍♂️ I feel like I'm neighbor to Santa and his reindeers. 

Last month it was also very cold here where I live (North of China).
This month is a little warmer but still very cold at night.

image.png.925abeef9939e4e840923ecde6728196.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, markp said:

the people you are addressing this to will never read this. the only purpose for what they post is to get forum badges and in the very mistaken belief they will get sales.  Have you noticed how they never respond to anything after they have posted. All you see are replies from people saying  "pray for me",  congrats.. conga rats, and whatever else. The people responding don't even read what is being posted. It's one big circle jerk.

The only time they ask for help is when they run into problems, for following their own advice and for trying to take shortcuts..like happened this week with everyone suddenly "No England speaking" after action was taken for what they were doing.  Its pointless trying to address them. They will ignore you hoping you will go away and stop pointing out the futility of what they are doing and will keep repeating the same things over and over, with the same results. No results.

stay online all day and all night until you die from exhaustion and then someone else in the family takes over... post nothing but links to your gigs non stop on social media even though you have no followers, no content and no(n)sense. Follow some rubbish from someone on youtube who has never posted on the forum and doesn't even have a Fiverr account and post it on the forum until you banned. 

All these people are interested in is a shortcut to making sales.  They have no interest at all in the customers. I cannot overstate that. They have absolutely no interest in customers. They just see the customers as dollar signs and not people, or businesses requiring or needing a service or help. if there is a shortcut they will take it. Against the TOS or not, until the inevitable happens. 

Action was taken before if I remember correctly stopping these people posting in tips for sellers but they just shifted their focus to other parts of the forum to get round this. 

Sellers  who are serious and really want help will not take much notice of this drivel being posted. most will see right through it and there are a lot of people on here who will give real help and advice to people asking for it and step in, like many of the people who have posted above here.

And this the bloody environment Fiverr makes legitimate freelancers work in in because they will not take the scammers seriously and refuse to deal with them. There are ways. Many ways, but they allow it. Probably because they still make 20% of all the scam sales as well. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8

On 1/8/2023 at 1:05 AM, rahulkajla1 said:

No experience = No advice

If advice is given without full knowledge of how to solve the problem, giving advice will harm the person receiving the advice. So it is said that he who is not experienced in that matter, he will not give advice. In this case, without saying that he has no experience, no advice, would it be correct to say that there is no sale, no experience, no advice?

• Like 5