Fiverr New update

refatul007

13 minutes ago, bengaldesigner said:

Ah, yes. I wanted to make the original post easy to understand for everyone. I think I succeeded. So I am done.😊

I'm not sure you succeeded. I'm still trying to understand.

So, what exactly happened? Were you all selling and buying reviews, and trading them with each other? Or was it something else? If so, could you please tell us?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, maitasun said:

I'm not sure you succeeded. I'm still trying to understand.

So, what exactly happened? Were you all selling and buying reviews, and trading them with each other? Or was it something else? If so, could you please tell us?

I notice they are begging forgiveness, yet none has offered to return the funds they stole to the buyers they scammed. They just want the forgiveness without any consequences. Empty gesture as every crook cries in the police station after they are caught.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I notice they are begging forgiveness, yet none has offered to return the funds they stole to the buyers they scammed. They just want the forgiveness without any consequences. Empty gesture as every crook cries in the police station after they are caught.

What makes me feel little sympathy for any of them is the fact that none of the sellers who we tell and advise not to do what they're doing, because they'll get in trouble, take us seriously. They just laugh at us and even get angry, as we have seen many times. They only acknowledge their wrong doing after getting a warning or restricted or banned, but always justifying themselves for being misguided. Never because of their own faults, as if they were robots with no reasoning or discernment...

• Like 18
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, maitasun said:

What makes me feel little sympathy for any of them is the fact that none of the sellers who we tell and advise not to do what they're doing, because they'll get in trouble, take us seriously.

Couldn't agree more

Let this be a lesson for every newbie that comes onto the Fiverr forum thinking that they can make up answers to queries without any business experience, all for the sake of badges and status.  You need to be prepared that your words have a consequence. 

The storm has been coming for a long time and unfortunately you don't have an umbrella! 

Edited by breals
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, maitasun said:

So, what exactly happened? Were you all selling and buying reviews, and trading them with each other?

@bengaldesignerexplained the problem to us. Since his profile still appears on the main Fiverr platform, he is not one of the sellers who did these misdeeds. I am glad @bengaldesigner filled us in about what is happening. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 9
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

I would like to say that I'm sorry about what happened to you all, but I can't. The reason why only people 18 and older can sign up on Fiverr is because there is a contract of sorts when they do, like it would be in any other job. That "contract" would be the terms of service. I know many of us don't really pay attention to ToS in other websites we use, but best believe I did when I signed up here. I was conscious there was money and work involved, so I knew it was a serious thing. 

Don't put the blame on others, you're an adult. You don't need to read the ToS to know the things you all did were fraudulent. But if your common sense is not enough to know it, take this as a lesson for next time: you should read the ToS (specially if you want to make a living out of this website). You can't expect to do whatever you want and get no consequences.

Edited by moonstaredits
  • Like 16
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I am sure the ability to read and understand is one issue. However, since the government of Bangladesh sponsors education for these freelancers, they should ensure there are instructions on TOS.

Vickie, 90% of Fiverr's TOS is common sense, which means anyone should know even without reading.

It's common sense not to steal from others. It's common sense not to cheat. It's common sense not to try to game the system. It's common sense not to be unethical. It's common sense not to scam people. It's pure common sense, nothing else.

But even if there were people who never knew about those common-sense things, there's Fiverr's TOS and the forum to explain them what they mean in case they don't understand what they read—if they bother to read by any chance.

The problem lies in them not listening to any of us, only to their people and the so-called gurus they find throughout the internet. And that will continue to happen because they're deaf to whatever advice we give them.

• Like 14
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, moonstaredits said:

Well I don't think it's possible under the Fiverr system. But yes, that would be decisive to know they're truly sorry. I bet all that money is spent anyways.

Agree. I was commenting more on the fact that they only are focused on getting back on the site. Seems they are sorry they got caught, not sorry that they scammed buyers or stole content. Remember the OP stated that she knew it was a violation, and did not care. then just went into the apology to reclaim her account. And they are all just parroting the same apologies like they parrot everything else in the forum. In another thread someone just said. "I make a mistake, my family depends on me."  This bothers me because it is basically the old "Is it wrong for a man to steal a loaf of bread to feed his family?" argument. Of course you are supposed to arrive at the idea that it is justified. Unless you are the shopkeeper. I always felt more sympathy for the shopkeeper who watches one after another steal from him, essentially robbing stealing the shopkeeper's ability to feed his family. The shopkeeper works and loses, while those who would rather steal than work get ahead. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 12
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maitasun said:

What makes me feel little sympathy for any of them is the fact that none of the sellers who we tell and advise not to do what they're doing, because they'll get in trouble, take us seriously.

All of this situation boils down to this. They prefer to listen to everyone else but respectable sellers with years having an outstanding performance on the site. Can they really prove the gurus they watch on YouTube or read in the forum have the experience and expertise they say they do? If they do, why most of those gurus advise to do fraudulent things, like reselling? I hope more people realize Fiverr won't make you rich having zero abilities, because this is why this would happen again and again. The sooner the better.

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moonstaredits said:

All of this situation boils down to this. They prefer to listen to everyone else but respectable sellers with years having an outstanding performance on the site. Can they really prove the gurus they watch on YouTube or read in the forum have the experience and expertise they say they do? If they do, why most of those gurus advise to do fraudulent things, like reselling? I hope more people realize Fiverr won't make you rich having zero abilities, because this is why this would happen again and again. The sooner the better.

For me it boils down to what @maitasun  said, which is that they knew all along it was wrong to steal. Everyone knows that. Now it's all the innocent "babe in the woods" routine. Not buying it, not one parroted word. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 9
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Agree. I was commenting more on the fact that they only are focused on getting back on the site. Seems they are sorry they got caught, not sorry that they scammed buyers or stole content. Remember the OP stated that she knew it was a violation, and did not care. then just went into the apology to reclaim her account. And they are all just parroting the same apologies like they parrot everything else in the forum. In another thread someone just said. "I make a mistake, my family depends on me."  This bothers me because it is basically the old "Is it wrong for a man to steal a loaf of bread to feed his family?" argument. Of course you are supposed to arrive at the idea that it is justified. Unless you are the shopkeeper. I always felt more sympathy for the shopkeeper who watches one after another steal from him, essentially robbing stealing the shopkeeper's ability to feed his family. The shopkeeper works and loses, while those who would rather steal than work get ahead. 

We honest sellers and buyers are the shopkeeper in this metaphor. Everyone would have a reason to steal and not work then. Even myself. Coming from an undeveloped country I hear a lot of people justifying criminals (thieves, mostly), with the exact same excuse. I never felt sympathy for those who decide to steal because I also had a hard life and didn't resort to be a criminal to gain money. They just want easy things for free. Same as dishonest sellers here. There are no excuses that can justify something you know it's wrong.

• Like 13
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Bravo Fiverr!

They have set a comprehensive precent by putting all of these accounts under review, and it gives a clear message to anyone that doesn't want to play by the rules. The best thing they can do now is have a zero tolerance to anyone trying to worm their way back in , which will hopefully send ripples through the communities in question. 

With a tumbling share price and nearly a 1,000,000 sheep to herd into compliance, Fiverr probably took this action under gritted teeth, as I'm sure it wants to promote positive stories at the minute, and not a shit storm.  But it will pay off in the long run. 

Finally, If you're one of the people who has listened to the madness on this board, or if you have posted rubbish without any research or experience, then Shame on you!

It's YOU that has created this issue, NOT Fiverr! 

I suspect that the floodgates may open with more of these messages in the coming days. 

Edited by breals
  • Like 13
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

whats really surprising, to me anyway, is the apparent number of people doing this.  I wonder if they were openly communicating and asking each other to buy their services. It seems quite brazen. I think the only thing they are sorry about is the fact they got caught. 

• Like 16
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, markp said:

whats really surprising, to me anyway, is the apparent number of people doing this.  I wonder if they were openly communicating and asking each other to buy their services. It seems quite brazen. I think the only thing they are sorry about is the fact they got caught. 

I just took a look at your gigs. Over 1,000 sales on an SEO gig at $370. and 20K positive reviews?  Good lord you must love the $5 SEO "Expert Digital Marketers" from Scamistan here.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8
  • Haha 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

It must be a horrible day to be a Fiverr staffer. They must be dealing with tens of thousands of scammers.

I posted a new gig video and, they haven't managed to get to it yet. They must have re-assigned people from unrelated departments to deal with this mess.

I guess that the day of judgement is here!

• Like 10
  • Up 2

14 hours ago, bengaldesigner said:

Recently Fiverr flagged thousands of accounts from Bangladesh that took reviews from clients when they were newbies.

Thank you for clarifying that! I kept seeing posts from the Bangladesh club pop up, but couldn't view them, and didn't know what was happening.

A couple of questions, if you don't mind:

1. Do you mean literally thousands? Or was it more like tens or hundreds of accounts (which would still be a lot to be flagged at the same time)? I mean, thousands is really huge, and it's hard to believe that something like that would happen (I'm not saying you're not telling the truth, it's just surprising).

2. Are people of Bangladesh protesting in the streets because of the huge unemployment there, and demanding real jobs (you know, in their own country, in their own language, with cultural and ethical and all the other rules they're familiar with and can easily understand)? History teaches us that governments can provide plenty of jobs in the times of need (think about the New Deal programs and projects from the American history), and it's the role of the government to do it, to care for its people, not just to tell them "Go find a job on the internet".

• Like 11
  • Up 2