Fiverr New update

refatul007

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, veyento said:

Did anybody find anything new in the last update? I didn't find anything. If anybody find anything, please give a screenshot.

Same here. The way they announced i literally thought that something big is gonna happen. I am still facing the inbox and many other issues after the update. My buyer request section is full of scammers with YouTube link.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Is Fiver's new update putting new sellers in trouble? Because the buyer-request is not coming after the new update. I am also in this problem. Many people say that they are unable to publish new gigs. Some say that they are unable to open a seller account.

The biggest problem is that the barrequest doesn't come. Because the main way to get work for new sellers is through buyer requests. The new system is also not working for everyone. Those who are new in this situation, how can they get work? We all know how difficult it is to rank gigs in a new state. Level sellers have some permanent clients, and most of their gigs are found on the first page of search.

Hope fiver official will definitely think something better for newbies.

• Like 18
  • Up 1

In the new update, Buyer's Request is replaced with "Get briefs", where Fiverr matches a potential client with sellers that Fiverr algorithm consider qualified. Also, stop spreading a false belief that buyer's request is the ONLY way for new seller to get buyers. I never use buyer's request when starting out as a new seller and I managed to level up without relying on it. Some other senior sellers also have the same experience. You should asses the quality of your gig if the only way for you to get buyer is through Buyer's Request instead of organic traffic to your gig...

Edited by kevindwren
  • Like 17
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

If it's about The Lift there's a thread about it here:

I don't think it's really a new feature (it's not extra functions on the site). Maybe some resources, but if you look at the bottom of the linked page (https://www.fiverr.com/cp/the-lift)

it's trying to get you to use Fiverr services to help with your business. So it's a bit of an advert for the gigs in the categories it lists.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 14
  • Up 1

33 minutes ago, breals said:

I'm intrigued to know what you did to get the violation?  

And I’m intrigued as to what’s happening. Bangladesh community leader posted exactly same topic, word by word, in their lounge and it already has 90+ comments with sellers confessing to various violations 🤔

• Like 13
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

And I’m intrigued as to what’s happening. Bangladesh community leader posted exactly same topic, word by word, in their lounge and it already has 90+ comments with sellers confessing to various violations 🤔

Yep. I saw that pop up too.  Something about blaming experienced freelancers about advice they have given?  Is this why we're seeing lots of 'I've been banned messages'?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Hi @mariashtelle1, Recently Fiverr flagged thousands of accounts from Bangladesh that took reviews from clients when they were newbies. They were misguided as you see in the original post. For TOS violation, Fiverr flagged thousands of accounts yesterday. So, it is like a virus and most of them were misguided when they were new and they didn't have so much knowledge about all the TOS. Now, thousands of Fiverr freelancers from Bangladesh want a chance from Fiverr. They are confessing and they are begging for a chance. Because Most of them live for Fiverr.

Edited by bengaldesigner
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, breals said:

Yep. I saw that pop up too.  Something about blaming experienced freelancers about advice they have given?  Is this why we're seeing lots of 'I've been banned messages'?

Experienced and non-experienced, both are in trouble. Everybody is about to lose their profile of one misguide by someone. Someone told them, as a new seller without review they can't shine. So they tried to acquire a review from someone they know who buys on Fiverr. Thousands of profile was flagged in one day.

Edited by bengaldesigner
  • Like 13
  • Haha 2
  • Congrats! 1

once you start investigating you start to see a clear pattern of people with the same services buying from each other. Its not too hard to see & other things going on as well. I mentioned this some time ago. I don't think the excuse of "I didnt know" is good enough. its obviously unethical and trying to game the algorithm and you dont need to read the TOS to know that. its unethical and unacceptable and putting people who are working  honestly and fairly on Fiverr at a disadvantage. 

• Like 12
  • Up 13
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bengaldesigner said:

Recently Fiverr flagged thousands of accounts from Bangladesh that took reviews from clients when they were newbies.

Thanks for clearing that up. However, Fiverr must have also investigated sellers from other countries too.

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 12
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 8

1 hour ago, seo_shimu99 said:

I know I was not aware about violations (or maybe I was).

I am particularly entertained when they admit they were scamming, but complain about getting caught. Now I'm gonna go watch "The Usual Suspects"

• Like 19
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bengaldesigner said:

They are confessing and they are begging for a chance. Because Most of them live for Fiverr.

They had a chance and destroyed it with dishonesty. They could have been honorable, but chose to be scammers instead. Please do not portray them as the victims, the actual victims were the people they robbed both by stealing descriptions and accepting money from buyers for work they booked while using fraudulent credentials. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3