Can't approve my seller profile?? USA based seller....20+ years exp ....LLC with EIN ....very professional....what gives??

proprofitwebs

Question

Um, what's up with fivver? I fill out a w9 it gets approved then I post a simple gig to build and host websites, coping the offers of others, and fivver deletes that with no explanation, can't go back to edit it, then I ask why and they delete my seller profile? I am a 45 year old US citizen with 20 years of wordpress exp with my own company....so what gives? Who do I contact to fix this?

We appreciate your interest in becoming a freelancer on Fiverr. To meet the growing demand for high-quality services from trustworthy freelancers, we have carefully considered your profile and service. Unfortunately, we cannot approve your seller profile at this time.

Thanks,
The Fiverr Team

• Like 13

16 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

then I post a simple gig to build and host websites, coping the offers of others, and fivver deletes that with no explanation

Perhaps that is why -- perhaps Fiverr sees that you are "[copying] the offers of others", and does not view your gig to be an original contribution to the Fiverr marketplace. Don't emulate others. Be your own freelancer.

You noted that Fiverr told you: "To meet the growing demand for high-quality services from trustworthy freelancers, we have carefully considered your profile and service. Unfortunately, we cannot approve your seller profile at this time." Perhaps they do not view your service to be of a high enough quality -- as they stated. 

• Like 11
  • Up 5

9 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

You noted that Fiverr told you: "To meet the growing demand for high-quality services from trustworthy freelancers, we have carefully considered your profile and service. Unfortunately, we cannot approve your seller profile at this time."

Fiverr considers sellers who copy other sellers' gig descriptions to be dishonest and that is the kind of seller they do not want on the platform.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Fiverr considers sellers who copy other sellers' gig descriptions to be dishonest and that is the kind of seller they do not want on the platform.

I didn't copy anything word for word I just made sure it was something others offer...seriously people I need a real answer not some fanboy BS or I am gonna report this to my states employment regulators and state attorney general.... as I stated, copying what others are offering... service wise.... Not the ad they posted... I wanted to make sure design and hosting was something that was offered here. I see plenty of web designers, not as many hosts. But I do see plenty of people with design and hosting... and I can do better than many of them considering what I've seen.

The funny thing is most are outside the USA. I am wondering if that's the connector point. Fivver doesn't want anymore USA workers due to the extra IRS stuff....and that's a problem. I thought it was funny that outside the US sellers are good to go without any checks. 

If someone takes the time to fill out a sellers profile and W2 and they approve it then they reject it they need to point at the exact reason. 

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

report this to my states employment regulators and state attorney general....

Report what? How long Fiverr is taking to answer you? Or that you said you were "coping" which @jonbaas and I took to mean copying and warned you not to do?

45 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

he funny thing is most are outside the USA.

I did a search and most of the Top Rated Sellers who sell web design and hosting services for $600 and above are Top Rated Sellers and from the US or the UK. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 12

36 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

I didn't copy anything word for word I just made sure it was something others offer...seriously people I need a real answer not some fanboy BS or I am gonna report this to my states employment regulators and state attorney general....

First of all. Nobody on the forum cares about your threats towards Fiverr. We're all just sellers and buyers here. If you're blurting out pointless threats of reporting Fiverr to the government for not accepting your gig and calling the factual responses of other community members who are trying to help you "BS", you're not going to get the help you want here. A little respect and a friendly tone goes a long way. 

You did say in your original post that you copied the offers from other sellers. You didn't specify what or how you copied it, so naturally, we assume this could have been the reason for you not being approved. That's why it was mentioned, as this could be a potential explanation. 

As already mentioned, we're only sellers and buyers here on the forum. We can't know for sure why you weren't approved. 

40 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

The funny thing is most are outside the USA. I am wondering if that's the connector point. Fivver doesn't want anymore USA workers due to the extra IRS stuff....

How did you arrive at that conclusion? All of that is automatic. There are tons of US based sellers on the platform, some of them highly succesful. Fiverr doesn't discriminate based on the seller's country. If they did, perhaps they would start with sellers from certain countries known for low-quality services and spam. But they don't. Fiverr has recently made it harder to become a seller, upping the demands for quality on the platform. 

You're making claims about your experience and the quality you can offer, but we have no way of verifying that. We're trying to help you identify the issue, as it could be any number of things: perhaps they don't want more gigs saturating that niche, perhaps it was typos in your gig description, bad thumbnails, copied gig descriptions, or something entirely different. We can't know for sure. All I know is that Fiverr has raised the bar recently, and as a result, more and more sellers are being rejected. 

Fiverr has no obligation to let you sell on the platform. I understand that this is annoying, but there's nothing we can do about it here on the forum, other than try to help you identify the issue, based on what you've told us. 

• Like 11
  • Up 7

58 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

I didn't copy anything word for word I just made sure it was something others offer...seriously people I need a real answer not some fanboy BS or I am gonna report this to my states employment regulators and state attorney general.... as I stated, copying what others are offering... service wise.... Not the ad they posted... I wanted to make sure design and hosting was something that was offered here. I see plenty of web designers, not as many hosts. But I do see plenty of people with design and hosting... and I can do better than many of them considering what I've seen.

Let's be honest. You haven't exactly given a good impression for your first Fiverr topic have you?  Why would anyone want to answer you if all you're doing is barking at them?  

It's also quite insulting that you think you're better than most other web designers?  It's you that's untested on here, not us.  As a web designer on Fiverr I could take the time to answer some of you're questions. But, I don't think my BS fanboy answers would live up to your expectations. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, proprofitwebs said:

seriously people I need a real answer not some fanboy BS

No BS here, just an honest response -- from a long-time seller, here on Fiverr. I'm here to help others, especially new users, such as yourself.

I am gonna report this to my states employment regulators and state attorney general

Threats like that are inappropriate, especially since Fiverr has not done anything wrong. This is their website. They have every right to determine what services they allow into their marketplace.

The funny thing is most are outside the USA. I am wondering if that's the connector point. Fivver doesn't want anymore USA workers due to the extra IRS stuff....and that's a problem. I thought it was funny that outside the US sellers are good to go without any checks. 

Fiverr is a global website. They have, and "allow", sellers from all over the world. Every seller goes through a similar process when they open their accounts, and security measures are in place to ensure that sellers are who they say they are. Again, Fiverr has the right to allow, or deny, any user on their site.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, proprofitwebs said:

We appreciate your interest in becoming a freelancer on Fiverr. To meet the growing demand for high-quality services from trustworthy freelancers, we have carefully considered your profile and service. Unfortunately, we cannot approve your seller profile at this time.

Thanks,
The Fiverr Team

Has the idea of replying to CS and nicely asking for some guidance as to what in particular needs to be improved occurred to you?  Good lord what a fuss. 

• Like 11
  • Up 3

22 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Has the idea of replying to CS and nicely asking for some guidance as to what in particular needs to be improved occurred to you?  Good lord what a fuss. 

As a normal human being who can read and write and process thought like most others ....That was my very first thing to do, of course. I asked 2 CS questions via the fivver seller CS system....1.) asked why the one gig I spent a awful lot of time preparing was made inaccessible and 2.) why someone at fivver just deleted the seller account. This is after a approved w9 under my LLC EIN. No response yet so I am here to figure out what's up. Good lord when people assume they definitely assume. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

As a normal human being who can read and write and process thought like most others ....That was my very first thing to do, of course. I asked 2 CS questions via the fivver seller CS system....1.) asked why the one gig I spent a awful lot of time preparing was made inaccessible and 2.) why someone at fivver just deleted the seller account. This is after a approved w9 under my LLC EIN. No response yet so I am here to figure out what's up. Good lord when people assume they definitely assume. 

A bit of normal courtesy could potentially help you figure that out. Again, I must say, calling the information and attempts at assistance "fanboy BS" is where you lost me. Even so, others, and I, have tried to explain what the reasons might be. Beyond that, I'm sorry we couldn't help you more. 

Best of luck with your account and business! 

• Like 11
  • Up 2

24 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

As a normal human being who can read and write and process thought like most others

This sounds like a cheeky insult toward @newsmike. Please be more respectful.

26 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

No response yet so I am here to figure out what's up.

We cannot comment on CS's determinations, because we are not CS. You recieved an email from them. That is the only "what's up" available at this time.

27 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

Good lord when people assume they definitely assume. 

And you do seem to be doing a lot of this today. 🙄

• Like 14

36 minutes ago, proprofitwebs said:

1.) asked why the one gig I spent a awful lot of time preparing was made inaccessible...No response yet so I am here to figure out what's up

Do you still have the text of the gig anywhere? Can you still view the gig even if it isn't accessible by anyone else? If you can view the gig or have a copy of the text you used in it (or if you can screen capture the gig page) you could put that in a post here so we can try to figure out what the issue was with the gig (in case you aren't able to get an answer from CS about what exactly the issue was with the gig/profile).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11

Hi everyone,

I can see that many of you are experienced sellers on Fiverr, so I would really appreciate an opinion. I'm a user from Ireland, and I just set up a profile and posted a gig advertising my services as a content/ blog writer. All images and content were mine, nothing was copied and pasted. I put effort into creating a gig to make sure my service was suitable. I had Canva Pro images and pdf samples of my own work. I verified my phone number etc. Fiverr didn't approve my seller account, and they refuse to give a reason, only quoting ´´ high-quality services on fiverr.com from trustworthy freelancers´´. I genuinely am at loss here. It's extremely disheartening as I am starting writing as a side hustle and with time, I want to make this my full-time job.
Does this mean I can never become a seller on Fiverr? 

Thank you for your feedback, 

Elina

• Like 5

2 hours ago, elinat5 said:

I genuinely am at loss here.

I think it has something to do with the way you have written your seller's profile description. It looks messy to me, but you write perfectly here.

I suggest you focus on providing just one service in your early days as a freelancer. Become a writer, and don't complicate your offerings with additional services such as ASMR.

Technically, you can delete your account and reapply, but if you're rejected a second time, I speculate that Fiverr has reached its limit of active writers/ASMR sellers (which may be possible).

• Like 4