What's the first thing you do after signing off from Fiverr?

smashradio

At the end of the day, it feels good to close that browser window and just enjoy my evening. After a hard day of working, I usually celebrate my fortunes with a can of my Monster and a few hours flying in Microsoft Flight Simulator. It helps me relax and I love diving deep into the SOPs of airliners, for some reason. 

What's the first thing you do after a productive day on Fiverr? 

• Like 16
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Monsieur, this post has gotten so far back because of all the how 2 rank gigs.

Love how you find time to actually get off Fiver. My routine is not the healthiest. When I want to take break from Fiverr projects, I go to the forum. 

The question if that is healthy, is a topic for another day!

Haha kidding! I like working out, hiking, food trips, road trips. So pretty much somewhere along that 😄

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Monsieur, this post has gotten so far back because of all the how 2 rank gigs.

Love how you find time to actually get off Fiver. My routine is not the healthiest. When I want to take break from Fiverr projects, I go to the forum. 

The question if that is healthy, is a topic for another day!

Haha kidding! I like working out, hiking, food trips, road trips. So pretty much somewhere along that 😄

Yes, there's an unusually high amount of "how rank my gigz" today, dear mademoiselle. 

I don't know if me sitting for 5 hours straight looking at instrumentation in a virtual cockpit is any more healthy. 😄

You sound way healthier than me. I haven't worked out since I was 13. My "hiking" consists of a five-minute walk with the wife and kid. 

I need to get out more. 😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

After im done with a project(at least done for that day) i pop a cigaratte , put both my feet on the table, sit back and enjoy the smoke. It may include taking a distant look at what i have done.

But generally, if im not working. Im either watching stuff, gaming, or boxing. Not boxing in a ring against other people, but as training. It really works every muscle you have. And i enjoy doing physical stuff.

But i assume having a kid or a spause will limit the things you can do. 

• Like 7

These days I either cook or wait for dinner to be ready (I love spending some time in the kitchen without my phone/laptop, really helps sort of switch out of work-mode. Sometimes go for a walk. I'm trying to stick to a schedule for the most part so having a clear 'end' to the day is nice (though I often break my own promise and go back to work after dinner still.

• Like 8

On 5/31/2022 at 7:43 AM, ozan_erdi said:

It really works every muscle you have.

I have none. 😄

23 hours ago, poshlulla said:

and sometimes I thud my head on the desk and go track down the costco size bottle of advil before crying in my beer.

Auch! 

23 hours ago, katakatica said:

I love spending some time in the kitchen without my phone/laptop, really helps sort of switch out of work-mode. 

I'm a sucker for smart homes. That makes what you're doing impossible in this house. My Google Home will just pop up with reminders. I can't escape it. It's looking at me right now. I think it wants to eat me. Help! 

Ok, so it's not that bad. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I never sign off. It's always there, in the background. I have at least 2 computers running 24/7, and it's not like I'll log off websites or close their browsers on purpose, so there's never any "sign off"... I treat it like I treat wh*tsapp, or messenger. Always on my phone, in the background, never signed off... but I'll reply whenever I see it.

Edit - it's unacceptable that my post gets hidden for mentioning a standard messaging app on a public forum. Ridiculous. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, visualstudios said:

I never sign off. It's always there, in the background. I have at least 2 computers running 24/7, and it's not like I'll log off websites or close their browsers on purpose, so there's never any "sign off"... I treat it like I treat wh*tsapp, or messenger. Always on my phone, in the background, never signed off... but I'll reply whenever I see it.

Edit - it's unacceptable that my post gets hidden for mentioning a standard messaging app on a public forum. Ridiculous. 

So you're constantly "at work"? I would think that is rather unhealthy in the long run, at least it would be for me. It's not about technically "signing off". It's about mentally "signing off". I'm also on the app and I'll respond to messages even outside of working hours, but after 15:00 I will not work beyond simple answers to messages. The exeption is voice over record rush orders. Those will get taken care of even if it's late. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, smashradio said:

So you're constantly "at work"?

Yes, but at at the same time I'm constantly "off work" as well, in the sense that I don't have work hours. I'll work at 3 AM if I feel like it, or not work at 14:00 if I don't... A lot of what I do has a big creative component to it, so I find it very hard to have a consistent schedule, I need to be feeling it, to be in the zone. A schedule works well for mechanical work (clients who want straight cuts following a certain style, for example, where I just need to execute and don't need to think or come up with ideas), but I can't handle it if I need to be creating concepts and figuring out ways to do something. That comes on its own time. And most of the clients I get don't necessarily know what they want, they are looking for my "vision". And that can take a while to come.

As an example, in the graphic design field it's the difference between something like removing the background from images, where you just need to do it, but know exactly what it is that needs to be done, or designing a logo, where you need to create something unique from scratch. Or in music, it's the difference between performing and composing. In a lot of my work I have no idea what I will do or how I will do it until I get it done. When I try to force it, I can spend hours just looking at the software pulling my hair out and getting nothing done, when the next day I just figure out an elegant solution in minutes. It's all about headspace. Inspiration, if you want to call it that.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, visualstudios said:

I need to be feeling it, to be in the zone.

I agree, to a certain extent. As a voice actor, I'll often adapt recording times to when I feel like it and my voice is at its best. It's not that I never work "after hours". But I try to set hours for myself to maintain some resemblance of a family life. Without a schedule, it's difficult to plan, and I think having a set time where I'm "done" for the day can be benefitial. But obviously, it doesn't work for everyone. I, too, work in creative fields like writing and voice acting, so I know all about not being "in the zone". 

I actually prefer to work evenings and relax doing other things at night, going to bed at 4 am. But that's impossible with a family. But hey - if you're enjoying it and you still get your free time when you want it, that's all that matters. I guess a better way to phrase the question, would be "What is the first thing you do when you're not working?". 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bought this seven months ago,

But then got sick--

Seriously sick with I don't know what,

So was in bed the whole time,

Thought I was gonna die, 

Up until just a few days ago,

And now I can finally play:

I play against myself while my cat chases the balls which fall on the floor (and I'm not kidding: she then hides them). 

Note to self: Buy more balls.

ping.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1