New feature added!

frank_d

I was editing my gigs, when I noticed this new feature, at the top of my gigs page:

image.png.994f86b47b6223cfb6f653e546ce40d1.png

Has anyone else seen it?

If this is what I think it is, it's going to be a great tool for sellers who want to increase their rates and find better clients.

This is the tool that shows potential buyers the "I'm not getting out of bed for lesss than X Dollars." (at least that's how I look at it)

Looks promising, need to ask around and see how this will be presented on the client side of things.

What do you think?

I'm struggling to figure out what amount I should put there as I offer a variety of writing services with different price points. If I set the brief $$ for my least expensive option, will potential buyers assume I will accept that for my more expensive gigs? For example, I'll happily write a sentence or two for $5.00. 😉

Same here @melanielm

I offer completely different price points depending on what is requested.

A good rule of thumb would be to add a price that covers most things, so definitely not $5.

You see the goal here is to get a new stream of qualified leads, so aiming for a higher price point means you get less people in, but almost all of them are aligned with your rates right from the get go.

BR is finally getting looked at? I might be in slight shock.

Though, that help page...

"Once you've sent your brief, you can expect to get custom offers from sellers to your Inbox. To make sure that you are matched with both the service you need and a top-quality seller, you may receive a few custom offers from various sellers."

That could be trouble.

Unless, it's just redirecting Offers to inbox? That could be a HUGE help in keeping track of things.

@imagination7413

The article I posted was from the buyer side of things.

I think on the seller side of things, this will be a message that goes to our inbox but has slightly different formatting.

This will be an automated process of trying to match the buyer with the right seller, so category, price, deadline, it all matters.

It also means that this “brief” will immediately be sent out to multiple sellers at the touch of a button.

It’s Fiverr trying to 

A) streamline the process for buyers (no more searching, no more copying and pasting same message to multiple sellers)

B) replace the current BR nightmare 

C) make match making more efficient 

To further clarify: this isn’t a replacement for BR. It’s a new “match-making” feature that if proven successful will eliminate the need for BR.

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

I'm struggling to figure out what amount I should put there as I offer a variety of writing services with different price points

Same here. I wouldn't want to make buyers think that, if they send me a brief instead of ordering directly, I will charge them twice as much.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:09 AM, catwriter said:

Same here. I wouldn't want to make buyers think that, if they send me a brief instead of ordering directly, I will charge them twice as much.

Again to clarify:

This is a tool for the buyers to write a brief. On said brief, they will type in their budget.

If said budget equals or exceeds your "rate", and your categories match, then you will receive the brief in your inbox and you will get to message them with a refined, custom offer.

It's not like if the price is matched, an order is created instantly, or the buyer gets to see a list with your rate on it.

You will choose to respond to the brief, with the actual quote you want to give them. 

5 hours ago, frank_d said:

This is a tool for the buyers to write a brief. On said brief, they will type in their budget.

If said budget equals or exceeds your "rate", and your categories match, then you will receive the brief in your inbox and you will get to message them with a refined, custom offer.

This makes sense. It would help to input a higher price even if you accept lower priced mini-orders so low-paying buyers do not get sent your way.

I really can't wait to see how this functions. Fiverr certainly is making some interesting changes.

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

Fiverr certainly is making some interesting changes.

Yet for some reason they still allow people to order 10x or 20x times your gig package, even if you clearly state in your description that's not available. But they don't allow you to lock that, so you can have control over what people really buy... Which is sad, because they innovate a lot and that's great, yet old issues like this still damage a lot of sellers. 

Hey @donnovan86 I almost forgot about that!

It’s definitely a leftover from the $5 era, it makes very little sense to allow multiple purchases WITHOUT adding to the delivery time as well.

Or better yet allow the seller to control whether or not that is possible.

I will reach out the person in charge of the Seller Growth program that oversees everything and let them know.

Hopefully it’s not a function buried in years of code so they can change it quickly. 🙂

4 hours ago, frank_d said:

I will reach out the person in charge of the Seller Growth program that oversees everything and let them know.

Thank you Frank. I've been dealing with repercussions due to this issue (cancellations because I can't fulfill 10x or 20x my maximum word count), and I would definitely want it gone...

16 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Yet for some reason they still allow people to order 10x or 20x times your gig package,

I shared this with my SSM and he thought it was odd since VO can limit their gig packages. He said he would mention it to the authorities that be, but it appears nothing has been done about it.

1 minute ago, vickiespencer said:

I shared this with my SSM and he thought it was odd since VO can limit their gig packages. He said he would mention it to the authorities that be, but it appears nothing has been done about it.

Thank you Vickie. 

I am in the writing category, just like you, and as far as I can see there's no way to limit gig packages. If VO professionals can limit this and we can't... that's very strange. 

Well in my case I write articles, and despite stating I don't agree to more than a certain amount of words, some people ignore it. That's because they pay less on fees if they order in bulk. But I don't accept that, yet I have no way to block anyone from ordering in bulk without contacting me (even if it's on the gig pages, people ignore it or don't read it).

Hey @donnovan86

I sound like a broken record sometimes, but I do think this is a positioning/pricing issue.

First of all, I’m not sure why you are still offering a $5 gig. 

So that’s the very first thing the buyer sees. “Oh, it’s just $5.”

Then, your packages are structured in a way that I think push buyers to think that paying more gets them more pounds of potatoes.

You offer a 500 word per article, immediately followed by a note that says “you can go up to 1,500 words”.

So right off the bat, you signal them that in order to receive more, it’s just a matter of doing the math.

$5 gets you 500 words

$10 gets you 1,000 words

$15 gets you 1,500 words

Therefore: 

$20 must surely get me 2,000 words!

Also your packages kind of re-enforce that mindset, where -again- they just need to do the math per article.

I am obviously not a writer, nor do I have any insights regarding what your sales are per month or what your goals are per quarter.

But, wouldn’t it make more sense to up your pricing and offer an up to 1,500 word article?

So go for $25 (an example) and offer a single article **up to** 1,500 words.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong, Fiverr still needs to fix the multiple gigs issue. Just spitballing ideas your way, as I perceive this issue to go deeper with your offering specifically.

Can someone post the link to this feature?

Is it designed specifically for the buyer's request? If so, I submitted a request to have 3 opinion piece articles written for $300. 

I'm expecting the usual list of, "I can do for you." Maybe, I'll get a few real writers to bid?

Edit: Never mind. Found the article.  I don't have this feature yet. Sigh, on to the sea of meksells.

Archived