Top 5 Weird things about you

seleste_agency

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, bigbeardvo said:

Im suddenly craving Pelmeni

Me too. Not the best thing to crave at night, and yet...

1. I can’t close my eyes independently from one another at all. I can’t wink. 
  2. I’m disgusted by buttons. Specifically plastic buttons on clothing with holes in them. To the point I shudder when if I  accidentally touch one. 
  3. The first music CD I ever bought was The Slim Shady LP by Eminem. He basically taught me to curse in English, bless him. 
  4. I get 1 tattoo on my every birthday (it’s December 15th) that symbolises the year that is ending. I got a laughing green piglet flying through the air for 2020. This is exactly how it felt to live through it.
  5. I love how German language sounds. It's just so intricate and soothing to me.

6 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

Me too. Not the best thing to crave at night, and yet...

1. I can’t close my eyes independently from one another at all. I can’t wink. 
  2. I’m disgusted by buttons. Specifically plastic buttons on clothing with holes in them. To the point I shudder when if I  accidentally touch one. 
  3. The first music CD I ever bought was The Slim Shady LP by Eminem. He basically taught me to curse in English, bless him. 
  4. I get 1 tattoo on my every birthday (it’s December 15th) that symbolises the year that is ending. I got a laughing green piglet flying through the air for 2020. This is exactly how it felt to live through it.
  5. I love how German language sounds. It's just so intricate and soothing to me.

OH I LOVE EMINEM TOO! Fun Fact: Me and my friend rapped 'Rap God' in a school concert. And uhm, once you become like 80 or something, how are those tattoos still gonna fit? And have you been getting a tattoo since you were 1? And I don't know about others, but when someone speaks with a THICC German accent and you don't know what they're saying, it sounds like they're cursing at you (for me personally at least). 

15 hours ago, zeus777 said:

So if the buttons didn't have holes in them, and were made of wood/resin/metal/bones/horns/bamboo, you are OK?

Metal buttons without holes (like the ones they use for denim usually) are fine. Everything else is kinda yucky and the plastic ones with holes are disgusting to the point I can't touch them. It’s not like it’s a crippling affliction but I had to return a few gorgeous dresses because they just love to sneak a button or two under the collar. 

16 hours ago, aarontgladiator said:

And uhm, once you become like 80 or something, how are those tattoos still gonna fit? And have you been getting a tattoo since you were 1?

Since 19 and I highly doubt that I'll make it to 80. So it's still plenty of space. 🙂 

16 hours ago, aarontgladiator said:

OH I LOVE EMINEM TOO!

I love Eminem. Love his puns, love his impressive vocabulary. Love how he basically worked through all of his childhood mommy issues through his art. Also, Rap God is an impressive song just to read slowly out loud. Performing it is something else. Kudos to you and your friend.

- I can't inhale and exhale at the same time.. 

- I can't see when my eyelids get in the way.. 

- Female mosquitoes can't resist my charm.. 

- I can sleep with my eyes closed.. 

And here's the best part..

- I have the ability to turn 60 seconds into 1 minute.. 

There.. You know all my secrets now 😁

🤘

Even though I was born in Australia, I lived in the US for a very long period, but I watch more films and Tv in foreign languages than English. Love French films and Tv series, as well, I am fluent in Spanish after my time in the US. Having said that I watch a lot of Spanish Tv and Listen to plentiful of Spanish language music. Not sure if that is weird, but some would say so considering i watch hardly any tv in English anymore. 

10 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

but I had to return a few gorgeous dresses because they just love to sneak a button or two under the collar. 

Ouch, that's too bad. Maybe next time you come across a dress like that, you can ask a friend to remove the bottoms and replace them with little hooks?

I'm curious, how about these guys? I think they are called toggle buttons? Hook buttons?
s-l300.jpg

BTW I'm totally OK with snake/crocodile bags and purses, but I HATE ostrich skin products. Those little bumps gives me the creeps, I feel like I'll get smallpox or something if I touched that darn thing..
double-flap-ostrich-purse-purse-burgundy

7 hours ago, bigbeardvo said:

Same here! I lived in Germany for a few years, but can't remember much of the German I learned. 

Yeah, I used to speak some German too. Now it’s limited to ordering food/asking for directions. It’s a shame how quickly your grasp on the language slips away if you don’t use it. 

2 hours ago, zeus777 said:

I'm curious, how about these guys? I think they are called toggle buttons? Hook buttons?

These wouldn’t stop me from buying a coat. I don't love them but if they have to be there, they can stay there. 

I got into this with my therapist once. It’s not like it’s a crippling affliction but it’s pretty strange. We played a word association game and came to a conclusion that it’s most likely because I was made to watch my 2 younger siblings when I was myself very young.

I’d had to feed them and clean them up. And all the baby food, saliva, vomit, who knows what else would be especially hard to clean if it got into the buttons. It’s just dry there, mix with other stuff, ew. Just ew. So nasty. 

On 1/18/2022 at 3:49 PM, leannelrivers said:

5. Having my feet tickled calms me down. 

It's against the laws of physics, no one can be that invincible. 😄

Here goes my top 5:

1. When I was a teen, I ran from police once and from security 3 times.

2. When I'm stressed or really happy, I tense my muscles and shake my hands uncontrollably. Might be a medical condition, not sure.

3. I can occasionally raise my heartbeat to 180-200 beats per minute. This is definitely a medical condition.

4. I can sleep for really long periods of time. My record is 19 hours. When I was 14, my moto was "dream, but don't sleep". How ironic.

5. I can sleep through mostly anything. I turn off all of my alarms while sleeping and after waking up late I wonder why my alarms didn't go off.

3 hours ago, zeus777 said:

I am VERY curious to know what your current motto is!  😄

My moto now is "enjoy sleep. Sleep is good" 😄

3 hours ago, zeus777 said:

19 hours is amazing though, how in the heck is that possible!?

To be honest, I have no idea. My brain is a mystery 😄

6 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

2. When I'm stressed or really happy, I tense my muscles and shake my hands uncontrollably. Might be a medical condition, not sure.

In somatic therapy they teach you that’s actually a good thing. Or rather, 50% good. Because for whatever reason you can’t express/experience/process intense emotions in full but at least your body is doing it. So that’s good because there are people who can’t do either.*

*I’m not a doctor, I’m just going to therapy a lot. 

Interesting topic, here are some weirdest facts about me:

1. My mum thinks I'm a 'wonder-woman' while in reality I've lived most of my life in my bed. 

2. I always brush my teeth in the afternoon (too damn lethargic in the morning, my morning starts at 11-12)

3. I speak seven languages yet can't write four of them.  

4. This one is really weird, forgive me for this, there's a buyer on this platform who I believe will start working with me (dunno why and how but I believe we are going to be the long-term collaborators). (sixth sense or something) 

5. Have never ever played, watched, or even tried to play or watch any sport (not watching TV, news, dramas since 2011).

22 hours ago, surajkartha said:

- I can't inhale and exhale at the same time.. 

- I can't see when my eyelids get in the way.. 

- Female mosquitoes can't resist my charm.. 

- I can sleep with my eyes closed.. 

And here's the best part..

- I have the ability to turn 60 seconds into 1 minute.. 

There.. You know all my secrets now 😁

🤘

Oh you're a magician. Are you comin' to the party though? 

On 1/18/2022 at 7:33 PM, visualstudios said:

I have zero first cousins

I have never had a regular, salaried job

I don't have an instagram

I have 3 unfinished master's degrees (journalism, communication technologies and philosophy)

I started getting white hair at 18

Well, philosophy is my love. Can you transfer the credit hours to me BTW? 

On 1/22/2022 at 8:06 PM, lenasemenkova said:

In somatic therapy they teach you that’s actually a good thing. Or rather, 50% good. Because for whatever reason you can’t express/experience/process intense emotions in full but at least your body is doing it. So that’s good because there are people who can’t do either.*

*I’m not a doctor, I’m just going to therapy a lot. 

I think it's a good thing. I tend to do that when I'm less physically active, for example, on the days when I'm not working out and don't go out. I'm yet to try therapy but it's still on my list. 😊

1. I like to sing when I'm alone, but I'll be shy with friends.
2. I really like eating cucumbers with tomato sauce, none of my friends understands me 
3. When I am very passionate about work, I start biting my pen
4. I really like giant-sized clothes
5. I collect sugar bags (usually they can be found on the plane or in different cafes)

I got a third nipple somewhere on my body (not really a nipple, it's a skin tag). 

I rage while playing Call of Duty.

Love dogs but I'm scared of Rottweilers. 

My wife and I freestyle songs about random stuff.

I keep the air conditioner on even in the winter cuz I like the noise.

Archived