14 days waiting clearance opinion

I agreed sir, i think then 10 days are enough for clearance. it’s very hard for newbies to wait for long time. As in start new sellers got not much orders and not charge high and for just $5 they have to wait for 14 days. Fiverr should revisit the clearance policy in this case. it’s just my opinion.

I agreed sir, i think then 10 days are enough for clearance.

14 days are just fine. If you can wait 10 days, you can wait four more days than that.

it’s very hard for newbies to wait for long time.

Then you’re going to have to learn how to wait. Other people get paid every 14 days in their jobs. You can wait 14 days as well.

As in start new sellers got not much orders and not charge high and for just $5 they have to wait for 14 days.

You can get more orders by marketing and promoting your gigs, just like any other business does. If you want more income, then raise your prices. It seems silly to complain about things you can freely change of your own choosing.

Fiverr should revisit the clearance policy in this case.

I’m pretty sure they won’t. If something isn’t broken, why try to fix it? Fiverr clears funds in 14 days for most sellers, and 7 days for Top Rated Sellers. This clearance system seems to be working just fine.

it’s just my opinion.

Indeed it is.

• Like 2

Guest wp_websters

I agreed sir, i think then 10 days are enough for clearance.

14 days are just fine. If you can wait 10 days, you can wait four more days than that.

it’s very hard for newbies to wait for long time.

Then you’re going to have to learn how to wait. Other people get paid every 14 days in their jobs. You can wait 14 days as well.

As in start new sellers got not much orders and not charge high and for just $5 they have to wait for 14 days.

You can get more orders by marketing and promoting your gigs, just like any other business does. If you want more income, then raise your prices. It seems silly to complain about things you can freely change of your own choosing.

Fiverr should revisit the clearance policy in this case.

I’m pretty sure they won’t. If something isn’t broken, why try to fix it? Fiverr clears funds in 14 days for most sellers, and 7 days for Top Rated Sellers. This clearance system seems to be working just fine.

it’s just my opinion.

Indeed it is.

Thank you so much for your time sir. got it now.😊

Payment clearance should be in 7 days to clear rather than 14 days. what’s your opinion fiverr sellers?

Payment clearance should be in 7 days to clear rather than 14 days. what’s your opinion fiverr sellers?

When you’re making a wish then maximize it - ask for 0 day clearance 😉

• Like 2

Guest wp_websters

When you’re making a wish then maximize it - ask for 0 day clearance 😉 you are right hehehe

• 4 months later...

Hi, I want from fiverr to short the payment clearance period from 14 days

Because 14 days are not good if buyer want to refund for his order then he may withdraw within 5-7 days

So, Set Payment Clearance Period to 5-7 days

OR

Short on the basis of Seller Level mean for Level one seller for 7 days like that

And upto so on

but each and every top reputed freelancer sites clearance period is about 3-7 days for new comer

Everyone cann’t reach to Top rated seller

A good Site should provide Good Service for everyone so that more people come and work

I mean to say for Level One User there should be 5-7 days clearance if new level seller is not possible

That is a Good And Great Topic which i have created to solve that clearance issue

Fiverr Team, Kindly, Visit other site for checking the clearance period and then provide good service for each one

Thanks

• Like 4

If you are telling that for preventing the chargeback then that will not be helpful . Because if you withdraw your funds and buyer perform chargeback then fiverr will cut the chargeback balance from your fiverr balance .And if your balance is zero then your balance will be { (-) the refund/chargeback}.
So I think it will not work as you think .But this will be helpful for the new ,level one and level 2 sellers because we will get our money fast than the current period . 😀

• Like 3

You are right but each and every top reputed freelancer sites clearance period is about 3-7 days for new comer

Everyone cann’t reach to Top rated seller

A good Site should provide Good Service for everyone so that more people come and work

I mean to say for Level One User there should be 5-7 days clearance if new level seller is not possible

That is a Good And Great Topic which i have created to solve that clearance issue

Fiverr Team, Kindly, Visit other site for checking the clearance period and then provide good service for each one

Thanks

Payment Clearance Period has nothing to do with chargebacks, as they can happen even after 14 days.

Why Fiverr would check other websites?

Also, you agreed to fiverr TOS when you came here, and there is clearly saying clearance period.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi,

I think fiverr should reduce pending clearance date from 14 days to 7 days atleast.
14 days is so long for sellers.

I know that this is the time that buyer can refund their amount but atleast fiverr should support the sellers also, they should give leverage to sellers also.

I hope the will look onto this point of view.

Thanks,
Doodleexpert
Whiteboard Animator

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

I think there could be an option where the buyer can check to send the money to the seller without having to wait for two weeks. I mean, 15 days is a pretty long time to wait for getting paid. It’s for the “refunds” but if you had an approval for the transaction for the buyer to check if the order was okay and they are done with it.

I mean if I need money this week, I’ll only be receiving the money two weeks later. That’s not very conventional in my opinion.

• Like 3

That’s why you don’t just stick to a single source of income.

If you don’t have savings and always need money right away, I recommend trying to find additional sources of income. This way you don’t have to worry about Fiverr’s clearance.

You can get a faster clearance time if you are a top rated seller. But other than that, I am sure they will not budge. Granted, not all buyers are fraudulent, but some of them are, so they are just protecting yourself, while also protecting you too.

• Like 4

I think there could be an option where the buyer can check to send the money to the seller without having to wait for two weeks. I mean, 15 days is a pretty long time to wait for getting paid. It’s for the “refunds” but if you had an approval for the transaction for the buyer to check if the order was okay and they are done with it.

I mean if I need money this week, I’ll only be receiving the money two weeks later. That’s not very conventional in my opinion.

I mean if I need money this week

Did you ever work on a “regular” job, like office, day job in real world? You work for 30 days and you get your salary next month after 15th.

It nothing strange.

• Like 4

I mean if I need money this week

Did you ever work on a “regular” job, like office, day job in real world? You work for 30 days and you get your salary next month after 15th.

It nothing strange.

Well I worked a lot but this is NOT how freelancing works. If the site should be working this way, then the payment should be in a single day of choice. Freelancing is different and normal work is different.

• Like 4

If you don’t have savings and always need money right away, I recommend trying to find additional sources of income. This way you don’t have to worry about Fiverr’s clearance.

You can get a faster clearance time if you are a top rated seller. But other than that, I am sure they will not budge. Granted, not all buyers are fraudulent, but some of them are, so they are just protecting yourself, while also protecting you too.

Well, not all of us are able to find jobs in our residence countries. It’s not easy to find a job like you’re saying.

Granted, not all buyers are fraudulent, but some of them are, so they are just protecting yourself, while also protecting you too.

I’m not saying it should be removed in every order but depending on the buyer who’s content with their order.

• Like 4

additional sources of income

not all of us are able to find jobs in our residence countries

That is not what he meant.

Use more sites that offer sharing your advertisement of your services, create landing page, make everyday blog and post on FB, IG, TW about your work, create content people will be interested and by doing that get clients.

• Like 5

Well, not all of us are able to find jobs in our residence countries. It’s not easy to find a job like you’re saying.

Granted, not all buyers are fraudulent, but some of them are, so they are just protecting yourself, while also protecting you too.

I’m not saying it should be removed in every order but depending on the buyer who’s content with their order.

I don’t mean locally. There are many ways to make money online just like Fiverr. I agree, the revenue can be rather unstable, and the pandemic made things worse for a lot of people here. There are way more sellers, so less chances to get sales.

Freelancing is different and normal work is different.

Pretty sure normal work gets you paid once or maximum 2 times per month. Which is 15 days. Fiverr does the same, more or less.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Hello every one, I want to raise this motion. We freelancers are like business men, who transact daily and take their money. Example, a customer comes to your shop, sees a shoe and buys it, pays you instantly, you take your money. Another example, you call a technician to fix your car, your car is fixed, you get paid instantly. That is what we are. What is all this 14 days waiting period to get your money you already worked for and earned. If there is any reason for this waiting period, then it should not be more than 3 or 7 days. This gives rise to alot of scamming activities. Someone who order from you, can come on the 7th, or 13th day and request refund, cancellation or a charge back. And now you are left with either fiverr banning the client, who will just open another account and continue their fraud activities and you could loose the money without compensation.

Sometimes we use our money to pay for services. They are people who live in countries without constant electricity, where you have to buy fuel to power your generator. Since you can’t have access to your money, you will use yours to run the project. And if clients decided to cancel then what? What about my money for fuel? We should be able to clear our money to enable us continue to run services and deliver goods.

Just to add, we are not getting paid by fiverr, we are getting paid by the client, and if client releases money instantly for services, then while will fiverr hold it for 14 days?

This is very difficult to absorb, it’s supposed to be simple. Get work, get paid, collect your money instantly. This waiting period of 14 days is definitely a big issue for me and alot of my friends who work here. Please what do you guys think? Can we suggest a better way to get our money quicker. Your opinion is needed.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Hello every one, I want to raise this motion. We freelancers are like business men, who transact daily and take their money. Example, a customer comes to your shop, sees a shoe and buys it, pays you instantly, you take your money. Another example, you call a technician to fix your car, your car is fixed, you get paid instantly. That is what we are. What is all this 14 days waiting period to get your money you already worked for and earned. If there is any reason for this waiting period, then it should not be more than 3 or 7 days. This gives rise to alot of scamming activities. Someone who order from you, can come on the 7th, or 13th day and request refund, cancellation or a charge back. And now you are left with either fiverr banning the client, who will just open another account and continue their fraud activities and you could loose the money without compensation.

Sometimes we use our money to pay for services. They are people who live in countries without constant electricity, where you have to buy fuel to power your generator. Since you can’t have access to your money, you will use yours to run the project. And if clients decided to cancel then what? What about my money for fuel? We should be able to clear our money to enable us continue to run services and deliver goods.

Just to add, we are not getting paid by fiverr, we are getting paid by the client, and if client releases money instantly for services, then while will fiverr hold it for 14 days?

This is very difficult to absorb, it’s supposed to be simple. Get work, get paid, collect your money instantly. This waiting period of 14 days is definitely a big issue for me and alot of my friends who work here. Please what do you guys think? Can we suggest a better way to get our money quicker. Your opinion is needed.

Please what do you guys think?

If you type “14 day waiting period” in the search bar above there are over 50 topics on this much discussed subject which you may find interesting.

• Like 8

And if clients decided to cancel then what?

Precisely, that’s why Fiverr has a waiting period, to guarantee they are not out of money themselves in the event of cancelations or chargebacks.

Anyway, that is only really relevant when you’re starting out. As a freelancer you need to have money set aside for that, you can’t live pay check to paycheck. Doesn’t work. If you have (as you should, as a freelancer) money for a couple months of expenses set aside (this is not a suggestion, it’s a must. If you can’t do this, you’ll never succeed), it doesn’t matter if you get paid now or later.

As for the 14 days, yeah, it’s a bit much. But as TRS or Pro you get it in 7 days - because you have proven yourself to be trustworthy. This is a two way street, lots of sellers also scam people. Many of the new sellers really can’t be trusted by Fiverr, it would be too risky.

Fiverr has also implemented a new early withdraw system, where you can get it right away. And they’re also working on a cash advance system.

• Like 7

14 days is GOOD!

When you start a new job for a regular employer you have to wait until the next pay day, which can be up to 30 days away. Or more if the finance department is slow setting up your details. As @visualstudios says, you should (ideally) have money set aside when you first go freelance. I know that can be difficult and many people do live paycheck to paycheck though.

• Like 4

14 days is GOOD!

When you start a new job for a regular employer you have to wait until the next pay day, which can be up to 30 days away. Or more if the finance department is slow setting up your details. As @visualstudios says, you should (ideally) have money set aside when you first go freelance. I know that can be difficult and many people do live paycheck to paycheck though.

14 days is GOOD!

I wouldn’t say it’s good as a freelancer. When I work with clients directly, outside of any platform, it’s always 50% upfront before I even start and 50% when I deliver the final version (watermarked). Only when I get 100% of the money will I deliver the final unwatermarked version. You can’t compare freelancing to a regular job. A regular job has benefits, a guaranteed income, etc. You’re running less risk, so you can wait more. There’s no “cancelations” either.

This is talking about small fries, ofc. If you’re dealing with 100k budgets with big companies, then it’s standard practice to go up to 90 days. It makes sense to wait that long for 100k, but it doesn’t make sense to wait 90 days (or even 14) for 5 bucks.

But people doing that kind of work with those budgets generally won’t be interested in Fiverr anyway.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Actually, offering professional services is different from, let’s say, selling a bottle of milk.

You might want your money right away, but that’s not how business is done between professionals most of the time.

I’ve never worked with a professional client without invoicing. Businesses operate on credit most of the time: if a design agency outsources a logo design to you, you can be sure that they most like invoice the client with a NET14, NET30 or in some (horrible cases), NET90 days!

As a voice over, I’ve always refused NET90-jobs. But I’m very used to doing work now and getting paid for it later. This is how business is conducted.

There’s other reasons for the wait as well. For example, if a buyer decides to cancel the order or complain to customer support, Fiverr holds your money for a period to ensure that the work has been delivered properly.

Another reason is that Fiverr actually collects interest on the cash they keep on hand. They also need cash reserves, just like any business. In fact, I’m wondering why more freelancers aren’t doing this themselves: I keep a “raindy day fund”, and what I earned last month is what I live on today. I make sure to keep track of my finances, and I don’t expect my clients or Fiverr to sort that out for me.

This waiting period is something you should plan for. It won’t go away, so you should instead plan ahead, save up money, and make sure to have a cash reserve.

That’s my best advice to you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

we are not getting paid by fiverr, we are getting paid by the client, and if client releases money instantly for services, then while will fiverr hold it for 14 days?

that’s right but sometimes buyers need refund even though they released the money and if reason is fair and eligable they have a right to receive those funds to their account balance which is I hate and many freelancers hate but it’s what it is.

but once you proved your value for this site as a TRS you have a chance to get your funds within 7 days.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1