We need to talk about the forum

cubittaudio

How about implementing the same system Reddit has: instead of hearts, thumbs ups and thumbs down.

All the annoying misinformation replies would be downvoted to the end of the page.

I think Facebook, for all its flaws, does have a point in using 6 icons to give its users a variety of possible reactions. 👍 work for Reddit because it’s a proper forum and not a social media site. Even though the Fiverr forums are, indeed, forums and not SM, they have a history of being more like SM because 1) new threads for questions are encouraged over resurrecting old threads, 2) dedicated promotion/spam channels MFG and NUI, 3) inconsistent moderation (I appreciate you guys so much, but you can’t be everywhere, and users have limited reporting tools).

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps adding a ‘misinformation’ flag

The second you mention “misinformation” in any capacity, the delusion will only get worse. “See, they don’t want you to know the truth! They want ALL the orders for themselves”.

Ranting Pot is the only category I use at this point, both to post and to read. You can actually find interesting (and at times very upsetting) well-articulated stories where people are coming together to find a solution and you’re actually curious at how the situation plays out.

I used to be able to find 3-4 posts in the Latest to engage with, now it’s mostly white noise. So I figured that the forum wasn’t for everyone at all times and you just had to wait for your wave to come. I do appreciate still seeing familiar faces every time I do show up.

All the annoying misinformation replies would be downvoted to the end of the page.

That is assuming that the majority of active forum users don’t want to see them. Based on my experience, it’s a very optimistic assumption to make.

Someone really flagged my earlier post…

Wasn’t me, I <3 it. It’s nice to have you back, no matter how long you can last.

Ranting Pot is the only category I use at this point, both too post and to read.

I have blocked the My Fiverr Gigs and Improve My Gigs categories. Yet, many of these types of posts end up in the New category. Mostly in Tips for Sellers. I think I will block that category too. It is filled chiefly with sellers looking for and requesting 👀 tips, which I end up flagging, so they are moved to the correct category.

I think the Fiverr Forum has lost many regular

Yeah, I gotta agree with this, sadly. It’s good to know that some of you guys are still around! 😂

Before we wax nostalgic about our departed regulars, let’s remember how redundant their shticks could be as well.

We had the “I’ll remind you of the rules” people, the “I offer you advice to feel superior” people, the “somebody told me that snark is equal to intelligence” folks, the “nothing is my fault, my life is a brooding soundtrack” types…

… Not much different.

Take me, for example.

I’ve been a periodic “regular” off and on since 2013. In that time I’ve developed certain behaviors that are routine. It’s just all rehashed bits (that probably weren’t that funny the first time).

It’s redundant and it has to be stopped. In every single offering I’m just:

1. Making Unnecessary Lists
  2. Offering false Self Appraisal
  3. Talking about Coffee
  4. Continuing the lists, even though I’ve run out of talking points.
  5. Whatever number five is

Then, if that’s not bad enough, I’m assuming the role of some character. It’s confusing. There’s the chance that new forum attendees will take me seriously and end their Fiverrian career by following some fictitious advice meant to be funny.

My suspicion is that I’m operating from a regressed emotional defense mechanism, designed to keep like minded people away in order to distance myself from the horrors of peer judgement.

Or it’s ego (spoiler alert - it’s the last one).

It’s time that I humbly serve.

The point is, we older regulars aren’t that nifty. With the right type of eyes, you could envision a world where our type is driven away. A better world, where redundancy and longevity aren’t the currency to attend some fading circus. You aren’t a clown. You just need to be lead to your higher purpose. If only such a leader could guide you to overthrow these “old ways.” If only you could harness that hate to realize your full powers. I wonder if such a forum emperor could guide you to much greater happiness? Who amongst us would be so selfless as to assume this awesome weight to rule over all the new guard?

Until we find that person, I will carry the burden. I’ll relinquish the position to someone newer … once we find somebody… I totally promise. Until then, Lord Zeus, come and sit by my feet.

There is much work to be done.

Ranting Pot is the only category I use at this point, both too post and to read.

I have blocked the My Fiverr Gigs and Improve My Gigs categories. Yet, many of these types of posts end up in the New category. Mostly in Tips for Sellers. I think I will block that category too. It is filled chiefly with sellers looking for and requesting 👀 tips, which I end up flagging, so they are moved to the correct category.

I have hidden those categories, too, and see them popping up in “My Fiverr Experience.”

They’re a better fit for My Gigs of course, but putting them in Experience isn’t exactly wrong and I can see why people put things there. I think it should be renamed to make it clearer what goes there.

Hey guys, sorry i didnt read the wole tread, Im new. I actually read a useful topic about tips for buyers requests. Thanks to those and my skill Ive been able to sell 3 orders this week and I am on my 4rth. I Believe theres really useful information and members willing to help out newbies like me. But I believe what most people want is the secret formula for success.

I study and draw for about 36 hours a week on my own + school and now Im beginning to do freelance. I believe the main issue is that its not only about following the tips but also skill and communication. I dontthink the problem will be solved fully, but maybe there could be a way to be able to identify experienced members so that we know whom to trust.

Hey guys, sorry i didnt read the wole tread, Im new. I actually read a useful topic about tips for buyers requests. Thanks to those and my skill Ive been able to sell 3 orders this week and I am on my 4rth. I Believe theres really useful information and members willing to help out newbies like me. But I believe what most people want is the secret formula for success.

I study and draw for about 36 hours a week on my own + school and now Im beginning to do freelance. I believe the main issue is that its not only about following the tips but also skill and communication. I dontthink the problem will be solved fully, but maybe there could be a way to be able to identify experienced members so that we know whom to trust.

Theres also a free course about how fiverr works, gigs and everything, probaably most people dont take that course.

Actually, just reading Fiverr’s FAQ and rules can solve most questions people post on the forum.

Theres also a free course about how fiverr works, gigs and everything, probaably most people dont take that course.

Actually, just reading Fiverr’s FAQ and rules can solve most questions people post on the forum.

Unfortunately even the ones who do take that course pull stunts in the forum.

And regarding a note indicating who the experienced sellers are, no because then we would get spammed majorly and people should be able to distinguish between lies from amateurs and thoughtful insights.

And regarding a note indicating who the experienced sellers are, no because then we would get spammed majorly and people should be able to distinguish between lies from amateurs and thoughtful insights.

Yeah, youre right. Then maybe filter topics that are already adressed on those places.

I dont know, maybe fiverr could do an official post of those myths to disclaim the misinfomation

They should! The problem is that most sellers wouldn’t read it.

Most amateur sellers who parrot myths only read the posts that suggest all they have to do is follow tricks.

Thats a bit hard to solve, because then the issue is that people dont read the whole info, but just what they want to read

Before we wax nostalgic about our departed regulars, let’s remember how redundant their shticks could be as well.

We had the “I’ll remind you of the rules” people, the “I offer you advice to feel superior” people, the “somebody told me that snark is equal to intelligence” folks, the “nothing is my fault, my life is a brooding soundtrack” types…

… Not much different.

Take me, for example.

I’ve been a periodic “regular” off and on since 2013. In that time I’ve developed certain behaviors that are routine. It’s just all rehashed bits (that probably weren’t that funny the first time).

It’s redundant and it has to be stopped. In every single offering I’m just:

1. Making Unnecessary Lists
  2. Offering false Self Appraisal
  3. Talking about Coffee
  4. Continuing the lists, even though I’ve run out of talking points.
  5. Whatever number five is

Then, if that’s not bad enough, I’m assuming the role of some character. It’s confusing. There’s the chance that new forum attendees will take me seriously and end their Fiverrian career by following some fictitious advice meant to be funny.

My suspicion is that I’m operating from a regressed emotional defense mechanism, designed to keep like minded people away in order to distance myself from the horrors of peer judgement.

Or it’s ego (spoiler alert - it’s the last one).

It’s time that I humbly serve.

The point is, we older regulars aren’t that nifty. With the right type of eyes, you could envision a world where our type is driven away. A better world, where redundancy and longevity aren’t the currency to attend some fading circus. You aren’t a clown. You just need to be lead to your higher purpose. If only such a leader could guide you to overthrow these “old ways.” If only you could harness that hate to realize your full powers. I wonder if such a forum emperor could guide you to much greater happiness? Who amongst us would be so selfless as to assume this awesome weight to rule over all the new guard?

Until we find that person, I will carry the burden. I’ll relinquish the position to someone newer … once we find somebody… I totally promise. Until then, Lord Zeus, come and sit by my feet.

There is much work to be done.

Oh I hear you, I myself have left a lot of comments here and there.

While I try ( again, “try”) to not sound mean but be honest and straightforward,

I’m sure there were a good number of people who didn’t appreciate my comments.

Having that said, it’s not those comments or “Fiverr police” I am referring to, I feel like there were more random fun topics to talk about which in many cases weren’t really related to Fiverr but they were still entertaining, and a lot of them had the departed regulars joining in. That’s what I personally miss.

I see what you mean though.

come and sit by my feet.

I’d be happy to join. I hope I can bring my cushion ( and some snacks) with me! 😉

I have blocked the My Fiverr Gigs and Improve My Gigs categories. Yet, many of these types of posts end up in the New category.

I also did the same two months ago, but still some lame stupid requests keeps coming in other categories.

Also what I recommend is that Fiverr Forum should introduce a test for joining the Forum. Test should be about TOS, English Language test so at least sellers who face a new problem can write it over here. This test I believe will reduce the number of newbies who havent even went through the TOS and are here asking about TOS.

Also I am waiting for a newbie to comment here

"Hi, I am new here, welcome me’’

‘‘I am not getting orders’’

‘‘Thank you for the information’’

‘‘My gig is missing, its not showing’’ 😂

I have blocked the My Fiverr Gigs and Improve My Gigs categories. Yet, many of these types of posts end up in the New category.

I also did the same two months ago, but still some lame stupid requests keeps coming in other categories.

Also what I recommend is that Fiverr Forum should introduce a test for joining the Forum. Test should be about TOS, English Language test so at least sellers who face a new problem can write it over here. This test I believe will reduce the number of newbies who havent even went through the TOS and are here asking about TOS.

Also what I recommend is that Fiverr Forum should introduce a test for joining the Forum. Test should be about TOS, English Language test so at least sellers who face a new problem can write it over here.

Buyers who urgently need some help and advice wouldn’t appreciate that. Especially now, when CS can take very long time to respond.

Also what I recommend is that Fiverr Forum should introduce a test for joining the Forum. Test should be about TOS, English Language test so at least sellers who face a new problem can write it over here.

Buyers who urgently need some help and advice wouldn’t appreciate that. Especially now, when CS can take very long time to respond.

Then they should take the test for the forum before they have a crisis.

If people don’t want to do their due diligence or educate themselves and they also don’t want to prepare for a crisis then I don’t think this is worth consideration:

Buyers who urgently need some help and advice wouldn’t appreciate that.

No one should get to ruin things for everyone else just because they don’t want to put the work in to educate themselves until they’re in trouble.

We could make excuses for them ruining things and behaving badly all day. Kowtowing to everything they do wrong is only going to perpetuate what’s wrong about the forum.

Hey there, I am not linking to an older topic of yours to call you out.

I am doing so to demonstrate that people do learn and grow.

So this is your topic back in August:

Hello, I am not getting any orders since the past three months just 5 dollars one that also like 3 or 4. I used to get many orders before. Since the issue of the search issue, my gig was pushed back my earnings went down. My gig is on page 13 and no body obviously goes so back to check out any gig. Please guide how can i get orders? I am quite frustrated. I am aware that we should promote our gigs on social media, improve seo, title, tags , description, gig image/video etc, other than these pl…

You were asking about the very thing you now are tired of.

My point is that we all make mistakes.

We all are wrong about stuff until we find useful information and grow.

So by asking for a new version of the forum that leaves people who don’t know what to do or how to behave out, we are going to have a forum that’s not a helpful community and will not show people that there’s a better future state for them.

We need a better forum, sure.

But I don’t think it will be better if we just shun people that need help the most.

I can’t help everyone getting more orders and revenue, nor can I convince them to hear me out when I tell them they are focused on the wrong thing.

But I can show them a better path if they are willing to listen.

Hey there, I am not linking to an older topic of yours to call you out.

I am doing so to demonstrate that people do learn and grow.

So this is your topic back in August:

Hello, I am not getting any orders since the past three months just 5 dollars one that also like 3 or 4. I used to get many orders before. Since the issue of the search issue, my gig was pushed back my earnings went down. My gig is on page 13 and no body obviously goes so back to check out any gig. Please guide how can i get orders? I am quite frustrated. I am aware that we should promote our gigs on social media, improve seo, title, tags , description, gig image/video etc, other than these pl…

You were asking about the very thing you now are tired of.

My point is that we all make mistakes.

We all are wrong about stuff until we find useful information and grow.

So by asking for a new version of the forum that leaves people who don’t know what to do or how to behave out, we are going to have a forum that’s not a helpful community and will not show people that there’s a better future state for them.

We need a better forum, sure.

But I don’t think it will be better if we just shun people that need help the most.

I can’t help everyone getting more orders and revenue, nor can I convince them to hear me out when I tell them they are focused on the wrong thing.

But I can show them a better path if they are willing to listen.

It’s not shutting people out to expect them to understand the ToS and prove it before they join the forum. And that has an easily rectified solution: all they have to do is read the ToS.

I don’t think that is an unreasonable or insensitive expectation.

It’s not shutting people out to expect them to understand the ToS and prove it before they join the forum. And that has an easily rectified solution: all they have to do is read the ToS.

I don’t think that is an unreasonable or insensitive expectation.

I don’t think that will ever happen.

Fiverr as a platform wants to reduce friction during the onboarding process.

So if they are not doing it where it actually matters most (having a new seller read the ToS before creating a new gig, or in order to get it published) then why would they do that on the forum?

I am personally more fatigued after I joined the mods team if I am being honest.

It’s like I am advocating for common sense 90% of the time and then I am figuratively out of breath when I see a thread where I can actually help someone who’s struggling with business concepts.

I can’t choose to ignore categories anymore and only join in on conversations I like.

So if this weight is on my shoulders, to always be there to give the same links to all new members that seem to be grossly missing the point, then so be it.

Is it the most efficient way to run a community forum? Probably not.

But I don’t think the answer is to create a walled garden.

I don’t think that will ever happen.

Fiverr as a platform wants to reduce friction during the onboarding process.

So if they are not doing it where it actually matters most (having a new seller read the ToS before creating a new gig, or in order to get it published) then why would they do that on the forum?

I am personally more fatigued after I joined the mods team if I am being honest.

It’s like I am advocating for common sense 90% of the time and then I am figuratively out of breath when I see a thread where I can actually help someone who’s struggling with business concepts.

I can’t choose to ignore categories anymore and only join in on conversations I like.

So if this weight is on my shoulders, to always be there to give the same links to all new members that seem to be grossly missing the point, then so be it.

Is it the most efficient way to run a community forum? Probably not.

But I don’t think the answer is to create a walled garden.

Fiverr as a platform wants to reduce friction during the onboarding process

I wasn’t referring to onboarding for Fiverr, just to the forum.

Expecting people to know the ToS before joining the forum is not creating a walled garden.

Fiverr as a platform wants to reduce friction during the onboarding process

I wasn’t referring to onboarding for Fiverr, just to the forum.

Expecting people to know the ToS before joining the forum is not creating a walled garden.

Not sure I understand the isolated quote, as it was only the premise leading up to my point about the forum.

I disagree with your opinion, and that’s perfectly OK on a public forum.

You have your own opinion, and I have mine. That’s fine. 🙂

Not sure I understand the isolated quote, as it was only the premise leading up to my point about the forum.

I disagree with your opinion, and that’s perfectly OK on a public forum.

You have your own opinion, and I have mine. That’s fine. 🙂

Because you seemed to think I was saying Fiverr the platform needs to test people in order to join Fiverr. I’m not. I’m clarifying that I’m not talking about onboarding to Fiverr. I’m talking about onboarding to the Fiverr forum.

Because you seemed to think I was saying Fiverr the platform needs to test people in order to join Fiverr. I’m not. I’m clarifying that I’m not talking about onboarding to Fiverr. I’m talking about onboarding to the Fiverr forum.

I didn’t misunderstand what you were saying.

I am fully aware you are talking about the forum.

The point I was making was that if they are not doing that on the actual website, then there’s very little chance they will consider it for the forum.

Not sure if what I am saying is clear.

I didn’t misunderstand what you were saying.

I am fully aware you are talking about the forum.

The point I was making was that if they are not doing that on the actual website, then there’s very little chance they will consider it for the forum.

Not sure if what I am saying is clear.

This thread doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

I am all for people disagreeing, but this is just: one person suggesting something and another person says that won’t work without discussing other possibilities or sharing examples.

The rebuttal is focused on “this won’t work” instead of “let’s explore what could work.”

Archived