Buyer is not giving review

uniqueworkpalac

You are a retired BA educator offering services.

I am an educator with two masters and a PhD, not to mention papers published worldwide. There’s a huge gap between us. I have a profound knowledge of what academia is and how it works. Personal experience. Not what my brother or my husband told me. Furthermore, I review other author’s papers and proofread their work, that will be submitted for a publication. Add to this 1 extra year on Fiverr.

Your bad reviews are only 3, but I stopped reading to the part where it says that you have blocked a buyer after a delivery. That’s all I need to know.

Good day.

Your bad reviews are only 3, but I stopped reading to the part where it says that you have blocked a buyer after a delivery. That’s all I need to know.

Fiverr gives us this tool so we do not have to work with bad buyers again. I am not ashamed that I used it. Yet, you make it seem as if I should be apologetic.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am an educator with two masters and a PhD, not to mention papers published worldwide. There’s a huge gap between us. I have a profound knowledge of what academia is and how it works. Personal experience. Not what my brother or my husband told me. Furthermore, I review other author’s papers and proofread their work, that will be submitted for a publication. Add to this 1 extra year on Fiverr.

Good day.

Blocking former buyers is an optional prerogative for sellers to discontinue any potential future interaction with difficult/troublesome buyers and is one of the very few tools sellers have to screen out buyers in any regard. A seller who blocks former buyers is not someone to be shunned or scorned, it is simply someone utilizing a completely valid feature of the website to help avoid future complications and headaches.

Disregarding someone’s advice simply because they have blocked some former buyers seems quite juvenile.

Okay. Thanks for informing me. Actually I didn’t know about this before but will try not to make such mistake again.

It would also help you to read and understand the ToS.

But it should be clear you that asking why someone didn’t review is just plain rude, coercive and entitled. No one owes you anything.

Good day.

I have a profound knowledge of what academia is and how it works.

That doesn’t mean that you have a profound knowledge of what is or isn’t allowed on Fiverr.

It seems to be against Fiverr’s TOS to solicit feedback (as many have mentioned), so you must respect that if you wish to continue using Fiverr as a means to gain business.

Not to get all “preachy,” but you can only control what you do, so it’s best to provide the best service possible, and trust that good reviews will come.

Good day.

Your bad reviews are only 3, but I stopped reading to the part where it says that you have blocked a buyer after a delivery. That’s all I need to know

How dare she openly seek respect for herself and her business!

How dare she reject exploitation.

The utter audacity!

And suggesting she is wrong and you are right because you have higher academic credentials? It not only makes zero logical sense but it’s also just plain crass and insulting.

You owe her an apology.

what should I do now as it feels awkward to ask again and again for the review.

Leave your buyer alone.

It is up to a buyer as to whether they want to leave a review or not.

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

Best to leave it and move on.

I also got warning before… 😭

I don’t know what are you talking about in the first place. I do not suggest to people try to avoid or getting away it because this is not even the case I wrote about. The case I wrote about is when buyer wrote personally that WANTS to write a review but doesn’t have the time right now. Thanks.

The OP mentioned asking the buyer for a review. And you suggested that “A reminder is acceptable” which is clearly NOT ACCEPTABLE.

You have your own personal rules, fiverr has their own TOS rules. You’re using their platform so you should abide by their TOS when break any rules of the TOS fiverr will give you a warning and if warning isn’t just enough for your. They can easily kick your account out of their platform permanently.

buyer wrote personally that WANTS to write a review but doesn’t have the time right now.

A buyer isn’t obliged to leave a review to sellers.

When a buyer is busy they won’t even come and talk to you about the review or they’re busy so they will reach out to you and leave a review later. I’ve worked with some clients who never left any review and I didn’t ask for one.

You can work for clients and deliver their work and they don’t even have time to check it until it’s marked as completed.

Leaving a review has nothing to do with “Reference” as you mentioned. If a buyer want to refer his friend to your gig. You username is enough. If the client isn’t satisfied with your work they won’t refer you to anyone.

I disagree. Provided a buyer wrote that he wants to leave a review and doesn’t because he forgot it, a kind reminder is acceptable but remember this rule: Once

A kind reminder, might mean getting your account suspended. That’s a risk too big to take.

A buyer isn’t obligated to leave a review - therefore it’s advisable to move forward, and continue providing top notch work so other buyers who feel inclined, WILL leave you a review.

Don’t pester your buyers.

Good day.

I am an educator with two masters and a PhD

You created your account, you can break any rules that seems right to you. No one’s stopping you. But please don’t advice someone to break any rule which seems right to you. They might ended up losing their accounts.

When you get a warning, fiverr has nothing to do with your qualifications. Follow the rules and stay in, break the rules and see how fiverr will start issuing you with warnings. After that, your account, your gigs and your REVIEWS will be in fiverr’s trash-bin.

You created your account, you can break any rules that seems right to you. No one’s stopping you. But please don’t advice someone to break any rule which seems right to you. They might ended up losing their accounts.

When you get a warning, fiverr has nothing to do with your qualifications. Follow the rules and stay in, break the rules and see how fiverr will start issuing you with warnings. After that, your account, your gigs and your REVIEWS will be in fiverr’s trash-bin.

Didn’t you hear? When you’re highly educated you get to break whatever policies you want.

I don’t understand why someone educated in law doesn’t understand how policy works.

You quote my studies to answer something completely different.

This is my initial post:

She is not obliged to leave a review. Never force a review. A kind reminder is acceptable once provided she wrote that wants to leave a review.

It is your right to decide whether you want to continue working for someone who does not leave one or not though.

The best part is when you will reach a level where the actual buyer will self-suggest to leave a review or recommendation as recognition of his/her experience with you.

Good day.

Pro Tip: I’m moderating and posting on forums for many many years. After all these years, I know very well how this works. Some people will isolate selectively what you wrote to make a false claim. When you are simple member never forget this rule: You are free to select who you want to reply to on the internet.

A kind reminder is acceptable once provided she wrote that wants to leave a review.

I don’t know how many more times it will take for you to understand, but here is another try: you can get a warning for talking about it even ONCE, so NO, it’s not “acceptable once”.

Having said that, all those people who got the warning, did they get it automatically or was it because the buyer complained to Fiverr?

Because the other day I bought something and the seller begged me for a review 3 or 4 times and she has thousands of reviews so it’s not hurting her.

I obviously left her a review but also told her to be careful and not do that again. She thanked me but I doubt she really listened…

Maybe you didn’t read my post entirely or you just ignored that part and was concerned about me quoting your studies or level of your studies.

fiverr has nothing to do with your qualifications.

Maybe this was part of my post. Not something I edited and added it later.

You quote my studies to answer something completely different.

This is my initial post:

She is not obliged to leave a review. Never force a review. A kind reminder is acceptable once provided she wrote that wants to leave a review.

It is your right to decide whether you want to continue working for someone who does not leave one or not though.

The best part is when you will reach a level where the actual buyer will self-suggest to leave a review or recommendation as recognition of his/her experience with you.

Good day.

Pro Tip: I’m moderating and posting on forums for many many years. After all these years, I know very well how this works. Some people will isolate selectively what you wrote to make a false claim. When you are simple member never forget this rule: You are free to select who you want to reply to on the internet.

This is my initial post:

No, your initial post was

She is not obliged to leave a review. Never force a review. A kind reminder is acceptable.

Pro Tip: many forum users, not to mention moderators, can see what your post looked like and what you said before you changed it to alter the meaning, so it might be a good idea not to edit your posts like that, unless you want others to think you did it with malicious intent.

In case you didn’t, when typing your reply, consider my final edit. Thank you.

Edit: Editing a mistake, wanting to clarify your point via editing if that helps, is not against the rules I believe? If it’s not, why are we talking?

Editing a mistake, is not against the rules I believe?

Editing is mostly meant for typos, not to change the meaning of the sentence, therefore making those who responded to your initial post look bad.

It also might be a good idea to think before posting instead of editing it 500 times (which is annoying and makes it difficult to follow what someone said, and that’s if we exclude the possibility of someone retreating after seeing numerous unfavorable responses), but that’s up to you.

A kind reminder is acceptable once provided she wrote that wants to leave a review.

I don’t know how many more times it will take for you to understand, but here is another try: you can get a warning for talking about it even ONCE, so NO, it’s not “acceptable once”.

Having said that, all those people who got the warning, did they get it automatically or was it because the buyer complained to Fiverr?

Because the other day I bought something and the seller begged me for a review 3 or 4 times and she has thousands of reviews so it’s not hurting her.

I obviously left her a review but also told her to be careful and not do that again. She thanked me but I doubt she really listened…

This is simply not true. Fiverr engouraces seller to be proactive about reviews. What you are not allowed to do is asking for a positive review. Check carrieblogger for reference. Check ToS for reference. You also find it on the Fiverr Blog itself. Of course you are allowed to ask something like:

Hey,

hope you are happy with your order. I would appreciate any feedback from your site

It is not a problem at all.

But of course if you ask: "Pls give me 5 stars i need orders!

this will get flagged.

This is simply not true. Fiverr engouraces seller to be proactive about reviews. What you are not allowed to do is asking for a positive review. Check carrieblogger for reference. Check ToS for reference. You also find it on the Fiverr Blog itself. Of course you are allowed to ask something like:

Hey,

hope you are happy with your order. I would appreciate any feedback from your site

It is not a problem at all.

But of course if you ask: "Pls give me 5 stars i need orders!

this will get flagged.

The above statement of yours is false.

Buyers are being reminded thrice to submit a review.

You are going to get in trouble if you are mentioning reviews to your buyers even if you don’t mention the 5-stars bit.

I strongly advise you to stop mentioning reviews altogether and I also encourage everyone reading this thread to not follow this piece of advice.

You can also give them a gentle reminder to give you a rating after the order is delivered and that a review would be greatly appreciated. Keep it light-hearted so that the new buyer understands you’re just giving them some tips, not laying down a lot of rules.

favicon-32x32.png.891aa5aa6965f11f99f332ab3787f1fc.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.31ea33b0d2e4993db545fb6a916334d3.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

It is on the fiverr page. You are allowed to ask.

You can also give them a gentle reminder to give you a rating after the order is delivered and that a review would be greatly appreciated. Keep it light-hearted so that the new buyer understands you’re just giving them some tips, not laying down a lot of rules.

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

It is on the fiverr page. You are allowed to ask.

Ironically fiverr’s rulebooks are not a reliable source on what is and isn’t allowed on fiverr.

People are getting warnings all the time for any mention of feedback.

I would trust experienced sellers who also hang out on the forums frequently to see all those “I got banned” threads, rather than youtube coaches or unfortunately even fiverr’s articles.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I don’t know who that person is, but allow me to re-iterate:

You shouldn’t talk to your buyers about reviews. (I see you are implying it? Not sure what the correct term is in your case, but it’s clear you are trying to utilize a hypothetical loophole.)

Let me demonstrate why:

When something goes south, the people who will read through your conversation with the buyer will not be able to distinct between how you phrased something and why.

They operate at a low-level and will just take note of the fact that you asked for any kind of feedback.

I see that the person you keep bringing up (I can’t use the term name dropping as that person isn’t famous) is a Pro seller and that means something to you. So let me also tell you I am a Pro seller as well.

edit: You are of course free to do as you want, as a senior member of the platform and a moderator, I jumped in because it seemed like you were advising people to do the same.

Archived