Buyer is not giving review

uniqueworkpalac

Hello everyone,
I have just delivered my second order yesterday. After a revision the buyer marked the order as completed but she didn’t give me any review and feedback. I also asked her for the feedback and she said okay but I still haven’t got any review and feedback. Although I am very happy after working with her but I also need reviews to get more orders. I am confused about what should I do now as it feels awkward to ask again and again for the review. Can anyone please give me some opinion?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

I have just delivered my second order yesterday. After a revision the buyer marked the order as completed but she didn’t give me any review and feedback. I also asked her for the feedback and she said okay but I still haven’t got any review and feedback. Although I am very happy after working with her but I also need reviews to get more orders. I am confused about what should I do now as it feels awkward to ask again and again for the review. Can anyone please give me some opinion?

what should I do now as it feels awkward to ask again and again for the review.

Leave your buyer alone.

It is up to a buyer as to whether they want to leave a review or not.

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

Best to leave it and move on.

what should I do now as it feels awkward to ask again and again for the review.

Leave your buyer alone.

It is up to a buyer as to whether they want to leave a review or not.

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

Best to leave it and move on.

Okay. Thank you so much for the help.

Hello everyone,

to ask again and again for the review.

You’ve just escaped from getting a warning on your account. Don’t try to force fiverr to give you a warning. NEVER ASK YOU REVIEW. NEVER!

Okay. Thanks for informing me. Actually I didn’t know about this before but will try not to make such mistake again.

will try not to make such mistake again.

You can try many things but not this one. You certainly can control what you’re doing.

Neither reminder is acceptable!

She is not obliged to leave a review. Never force a review. A kind reminder is acceptable once provided she wrote that wants to leave a review.

It is your right to decide whether you want to continue working for someone who does not leave one or not though.

The best part is when you will reach a level where the actual buyer will self-suggest to leave a review or recommendation as recognition of his/her experience with you.

A kind reminder is acceptable

If one is unlucky. One kind review reminding will lead to a kind warning from fiverr.

I disagree. Provided a buyer wrote that he wants to leave a review and doesn’t because he forgot it, a kind reminder is acceptable but remember this rule: Once

Disagree. Reminding buyer that they wanted to leave a review but they didn’t is again feedback solicitation.

I disagree. Provided a buyer wrote that he wants to leave a review and doesn’t because he forgot it, a kind reminder is acceptable but remember this rule: Once

a kind reminder is acceptable but remember this rule

One doesn’t always get away with it. The best is to avoid it.

If you want your account to get some quick warning that’s when you decide to remind buyers to leave review.

I believe you should google the right word for this. You do not beg or bribe or anything for a review. The buyer wrote that wants to leave a review and forgot it. Your part is to kindly remind him once what he wanted, not to force it or make him feel like he is obliged to write it or suggest it. It’s like a memo and few clients will use this to see how responsible you are and how much attention to detail you pay.

It happens that one client wants to introduce you to other clients so they leave a review and use it as a reference. They will often say, please read my personal review I left. This is why they do not want to forget leaving reviews.

Fiverr reminds them to leave a review twice. If a buyer does not leave a review after they told you they would, then just leave them alone. Maybe they changed their mind. When you are “reminding” them to leave a review, some buyers can feel “forced or obliged.” Some are too polite to say no or to tell you that they changed their mind.

When you kindly remind to someone once that he wrote that he wants to freely leave a review, you gain his trust and bonus points for professionalism for reasons I wrote. It’s not just a personal opinion, science is baked into it.

What kind of science? You might gain a buyer’s trust with your professionalism if you remind them of something that is beneficial to them. A review is only beneficial to you and future buyers. Not to your current buyer.

This isn’t a “preference” thing - Fiverr has made it abundantly clear that we are NOT, as sellers, even supposed to use the word “review” in any communications with our clients. - They would not have made that word trigger a security audit if they wanted us discussing it, nor would they penalize sellers asking for reviews or even suggesting one should be left if they wanted us doing that.

I get it, it’s frustrating, we all want more reviews than we are given, but Fiverr has spoken about this. If you don’t want your account deleted, be content with the reviews that come organically and never bother your client about leaving or changing one.

She is not obliged to leave a review. Never force a review. A kind reminder is acceptable once provided she wrote that wants to leave a review.

It is your right to decide whether you want to continue working for someone who does not leave one or not though.

The best part is when you will reach a level where the actual buyer will self-suggest to leave a review or recommendation as recognition of his/her experience with you.

A kind reminder is acceptable once provided she wrote that wants to leave a review.

I guess you have not read what CS wrote to me about reviews.

image.png.837270b82e1b2a6e565be5501ba150c3.png
image814×400 21 KB

I do not have any context regarding your case and what CS answered to you personally. You should include the initial message, not just an answer.

I wrote specifically that IF the buyer wrote that he wants to write a review and maybe he wants to take his time to do so, a kind reminder once is acceptable. At least this happens all the time in academia.

So you do not use any methods or techniques to force him write. It’s like a memo he leaves and you remind him of what he wrote and wanted you to remind him of. They usually say that they wish to leave a review as a reference when they introduce you to partners/friends that are potential clients.

Hope this is clear.

Note: All of my reviews, so far, are 5 stars. Won them out of high quality work. I have not received a bad review yet. On the other hand, you have received many bad reviews as I checked your profile. So feel free to share your experience. I have 0 experience with bad reviews - sorry. @vickiespencer

I do not have any context regarding your case and what CS answered to you personally. You should include the initial message, not just an answer.

Okay, here is your context:

For a long time on the Fiverr Forum, there was a discussion between two groups of people. One group said it was fine to ask for a review. Another group said it could get a seller in trouble even to mention reviews. So, I chose to pursue finding out through CS which group was correct. It took several messages back and forth with CS before getting a message that was not automated and addressed the issue. The message I attached is the message that finally settled the debate between the two groups.

I wrote specifically that IF the buyer wrote that he wants to write a review and maybe he wants to take his time to do so, a kind reminder once is acceptable. At least this happens all the time in academia.

I, too, am an educator. I know for a fact what is accepted in academia is not accepted on Fiverr. My brother is a college professor who oversees exchange students. He said it would be helpful to him as a professor if students who do not have English as their first language would hire proofreaders to correct their poor English and improve the papers he gets from them. Yet on Fiverr, it is against TOS for me as a proofreader to offer that service.

Note: All of my reviews, so far, are 5 stars.

I have completed 1690 orders and have had 82% of them reviewed. That is a much higher review rate than most of the sellers on Fiverr. Also, not once did I ask for or even hint at getting a review as I, too, “Won them out of high-quality work.” I see that you have 28 reviews in the time you have been active on Fiverr.

On the other hand, you have received many bad reviews

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding!

Since when are 3 negative reviews out of 1351 “many?”

I did the math, and that is 3/100 of a percent!

Besides, I am not ashamed of my negative reviews. They were given due to me standing my ground and not giving in to buyers’ demands. I earned them by not folding and merely canceling orders. I also feel that having a few negative reviews lets prospective buyers know that a negative review will not threaten me.

Thank you @blavaro! I agree! Let me join you!

noway.gif.0e10f1cbd2fd4a4be461d6d2c2b9f11c.gif

A kind reminder is acceptable once provided she wrote that wants to leave a review.

Your original post only said “A kind reminder is acceptable” and then you added the extra bit above which really doesn’t make sense.

If someone wrote that they wanted to leave a review then they wouldn’t need to be reminded.

Anyhow, the general consensus is that to mention the word review is to risk your account.

You are a retired BA educator offering services.

I am an educator with two masters and a PhD, not to mention papers published worldwide. There’s a huge gap between us. I have a profound knowledge of what academia is and how it works. Personal experience. Not what my brother or my husband told me. Furthermore, I review other author’s papers and proofread their work, that will be submitted for a publication. Add to this 1 extra year on Fiverr.

Your bad reviews are only 3, but I stopped reading to the part where it says that you have blocked a buyer after a delivery. That’s all I need to know.

Good day.

Yes, you have a profound knowledge of academia. Now it is time to get a profound knowledge of Fiverr’s ToS, Community Guidelines, and other rules such as not asking for reviews in any way, shape, or form.

Maybe you should consider that there is a huge gap between you with regards to Fiverr experience? Humility would be a great asset as a relatively new Fiverr seller and in life in general.

I am an educator with two masters and a PhD, not to mention papers published worldwide. There’s a huge gap between us. I have a profound knowledge of what academia is and how it works. Personal experience. Not what my brother or my husband told me. Furthermore, I review other author’s papers and proofread their work, that will be submitted for a publication. Add to this 1 extra year on Fiverr.

Your bad reviews are only 3, but I stopped reading to the part where it says that you have blocked a buyer after a delivery. That’s all I need to know.

Good day.

I am an educator with two masters and a PhD, not to mention papers published worldwide.

Well, la-dee-da! You are also arrogant.

Good day.

I am an educator with two masters and a PhD, not to mention papers published worldwide. There’s a huge gap between us.

Woah woah woah.

You can have as many degrees as you can and you can feel or be right as much as you want but what you are proposing is against fiverr rules. That’s it. No more discussion there. No matter if you are right or wrong or if you feel that you are better than others rules are rules and equal for everyone.

I thought you wanted to apply for fiverr pro and here I see you offering others to break fiverr rules and jeopardise their accounts 😕 that’s not something I would expect from a person with 100500+ degrees.

Sometimes it happens that the review page doesn’t open before them. So they don’t bother to do it. If you have a good relation with the buyer, you can remind him indirectly without asking for any particular review. This happens with me. I talked to the client. She said that no review page appeared before her. Then she searched for the page and gave me review.

Archived