Way too many Sellers are becoming unreliable

sexyspartan

You’re obviously affected …It doesn’t matter what my name is I’m new to this Social platform…you are open to a lot scamming … I’m not familiar of how trusting I can or cannot be and what others intentions are. You can claim professionalisms but not everyone has those intentions to remain “professional” … Name? Now you’re just petty… it’s like me saying I will never ask a seller with the name tatjanamitevska because. We’ll I can say it sounds weird? WTH? … your name does not affect nor should mine affect the seller. I’m paying for a service whether you deem it enough for you or not … I have paid for service here worth over $400 and $1,000 before so stop. I clearly see that you’re affected because you do not respond to your reviews with a thanks and you feel people who charge less than $150 shouldn’t receive more work than you??

I will never ask a seller with the name tatjanamitevska

That is literally this sellers’ name. Perfectly fine to use professionally, since… that’s their name.

Unless your name is actually Sexy Spartan, you really can’t compare the two.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You’re obviously affected …It doesn’t matter what my name is I’m new to this Social platform…you are open to a lot scamming … I’m not familiar of how trusting I can or cannot be and what others intentions are. You can claim professionalisms but not everyone has those intentions to remain “professional” … Name? Now you’re just petty… it’s like me saying I will never ask a seller with the name tatjanamitevska because. We’ll I can say it sounds weird? WTH? … your name does not affect nor should mine affect the seller. I’m paying for a service whether you deem it enough for you or not … I have paid for service here worth over $400 and $1,000 before so stop. I clearly see that you’re affected because you do not respond to your reviews with a thanks and you feel people who charge less than $150 shouldn’t receive more work than you??

I’m new to this Social platform

This… might, might be part of the problem you’re facing. This isn’t a social platform, it’s a business platform. Whenever there’s money to be gotten, there will be people who will try to get it, by whatever means they can. The forums are a social aspect, but the primary function is to support the business.

I have paid for service here worth over $400 and $1,000 before

Were any of the ones canceled large orders? You can purchase smaller samples to test and see if a seller can deliver on their promise.

Also, the name thing is getting very off-topic and at risk of being flagged.

I have experienced recent problems with some ghost writers and editors. I understand how you feel. It is a frustrating situation when you are unable to get your order. I had two cancellations from writers.One guy clearly wrote it at the last minute and it was poorly written. The second guy admitted he was not a good fit for the job.

I found a good writer, who has a lot of talent. There are good writers at Fiverr. I suggest messaging people and asking for any samples before placing an order.

You can claim professionalisms but not everyone has those intentions to remain “professional”

You should remain professional if you want professional work.

it’s like me saying I will never ask a seller with the name tatjanamitevska

Comparing someones real name to something made up like sexyspartan literally makes no sense.

I clearly see that you’re affected because you do not respond to your reviews with a thanks

That’s honestly a pretty bad measure. I don’t do that either and still my customers keep coming back. Also, I doubt that I need to thank a customer publicly if they leave a honest review. I thank them for tips in private messages, because that’s what you do…

I’m sorry you have a problem with the word sexy. I am, so what can I say?

People offer their services over here. Literally nobody cares if you are or aren’t sexy. They don’t want to know because inappropriate buyer requests are very common and your username suggests that you could be one of these users.

I am talking about clearly … you came in attacking me based on my name???instead of being professional and giving a proper critique

That’s no attack, that’s just the reason why a lot of people might want to cancel on you. You asked for opinions. If you need those to be embedded in a bed of flowers, you should say so.

Actually, you attacked her because you don’t like her opinion. You should seriously rethink your reaction towards criticism.

And to emphasize it again:

If you pay 5-10$ for a service, don’t expect quality service.

You might be lucky with new sellers who don’t have any reviews to get quality service for that price because they want to charge higher prices but can’t since they are lacking reviews, seller levels, exposure in general…

I am intrigued - not about the name; I don’t put much time worrying about names or handles. In 6 years at fiverr, I have publicly responded to my clients’ reviews less than 10 times. I do, however, always leave a public review/rating of them as a buyer, and I have always followed up privately with my clients with a thank you for their rating/review/tip (when applicable). So the issue that comes up in this thread about whether or not a seller publicly thanking their clients/buyers is related to the quality of their services is a false metric from my perspective.

everyone had 5.0 ratings … reviews were great for example the “ghostwriter” had I believe 200 reviews 5.0 … everyone who review seem like they were satisfied

How long were the reviews? I tend to ignore any reviews that are shorter than one sentence long, or mention nothing of how the seller excelled.

Did the seller respond to the reviews? Another seller here on the forum made a comment that replying to a review can also be a sign of how the seller will treat their client.

EDIT: No, a seller not leaving comments isn’t necessarily the greatest indicator, it’s just one point to consider depending on the category and service offered.

Another seller here on the forum made a comment that replying to a review can also be a sign of how the seller will treat their client.

I don’t think that’s a good indicator. Before the feedback system changed, most sellers replied to the reviews.

However, since the feedback system changed, many do reply by writing a review for the buyer, and, while that only shows up on the buyer’s profile, it might seem a bit redundant to respond by leaving both a review for the buyer and a reply to the buyer’s review on the seller page.

Since most buyers, at least repeat buyers, usually won’t go and check if the seller replied something to the review they left, in my mind, it makes more sense to “personally” express my thanks in the inbox, where I know they’ll see it

Different approaches, both have their merits, in any case, I don’t think it’s a good indicator for how well sellers treat their customers, you could easily miss a seller who does treat their customers in an exemplary manner.

Sellers who seem unwilling to reply in full sentences, etc., that’s certainly a better indicator.

Truth be told, almost all my writers came from this forum.

I’ve mostly ordered graphic gigs, and my experience with writing gigs isn’t really enough for statistics, but … I’ve ordered two writing gigs on Fiverr, one from someone I “knew” from the forum, everything great; one from a “random seller” I’d found by browsing, the gig got late, then very late, the seller never delivered nor replied to my messages, so, in the end, I had to cancel.

Not sure how the filters could be improved, though. I’m thinking maybe Fiverr’s switch to “relevant reviews” sorting as default vs “by date” sorting is a try in that direction; at least to me it seems that the “relevant reviews” tend to be wordier ones that might actually tell the buyer something more useful than “Good job”. I’ve also seen the “Was this review helpful?” thumbs up/down question again recently, so maybe the “relevant reviews” depend on that and/or how long the reviews are.

Hi, I think there is a lot of talent on Fiverr, and there is some good advice here on what to look for from a seller. One thing I wanted to add though, is bigger isn’t always better. Someone newer with 10 reviews may be more inclined to gun it harder for you to get another good review under their belt. So maybe next time target a newer account that still has the positive aspects you are looking for but on a smaller scale.

Hi, I think there is a lot of talent on Fiverr, and there is some good advice here on what to look for from a seller. One thing I wanted to add though, is bigger isn’t always better. Someone newer with 10 reviews may be more inclined to gun it harder for you to get another good review under their belt. So maybe next time target a newer account that still has the positive aspects you are looking for but on a smaller scale.

Someone newer with 10 reviews may be more inclined to gun it harder for you to get another good review under their belt.

This is a bold statement, and one that comes across as a little insulting to long-time veteran sellers – established sellers who have many orders and reviews. It sounds a bit like you are suggesting that established sellers don’t care as much about hard work, and are less motivated than new sellers. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Experienced sellers have worked very hard for their reputations, and have earned the right to be viewed as a valuable asset to this site.

Instead of downgrading older sellers, in order to promote a new seller, like yourself, how about encouraging buyers to do their research and find a great seller who matches their needs. Buyers should not base their interest on a seller’s hunger for income – but on the seller’s ability to provide a great service – no matter how long they’ve been on this site.

Someone newer with 10 reviews may be more inclined to gun it harder for you to get another good review under their belt.

This is a bold statement, and one that comes across as a little insulting to long-time veteran sellers – established sellers who have many orders and reviews. It sounds a bit like you are suggesting that established sellers don’t care as much about hard work, and are less motivated than new sellers. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Experienced sellers have worked very hard for their reputations, and have earned the right to be viewed as a valuable asset to this site.

Instead of downgrading older sellers, in order to promote a new seller, like yourself, how about encouraging buyers to do their research and find a great seller who matches their needs. Buyers should not base their interest on a seller’s hunger for income – but on the seller’s ability to provide a great service – no matter how long they’ve been on this site.

I think you took a benign remark too personally. I was commenting after reading a bad experience of a seller with over 200 ratings and no comments back on the reviews. Newer sellers also often times start at lower pricing until they are more established, which is part of gunning harder for ratings. It’s a fact.

Nothing to get defensive about.

I think you took a benign remark too personally. I was commenting after reading a bad experience of a seller with over 200 ratings and no comments back on the reviews. Newer sellers also often times start at lower pricing until they are more established, which is part of gunning harder for ratings. It’s a fact.

It’s a fact.

I’m sorry but calling an assumption a ‘fact’ just making all your arguments worthless.

Newer sellers also often times start at lower pricing until they are more established, which is part of gunning harder for ratings. It’s a fact.

“Newer sellers also often times start at lower pricing until they are more established, which is part of gunning harder for ratings. It’s a fact.”

The fact that you do not know new sellers often times start at lower prices actually is a fact 😂

Newer sellers also often times start at lower pricing until they are more established, which is part of gunning harder for ratings. It’s a fact.

“Newer sellers also often times start at lower pricing until they are more established, which is part of gunning harder for ratings. It’s a fact.”

The fact that you do not know new sellers often times start at lower prices actually is a fact 😂

Love that you’re just make an assumptions from my one sentence post and masked it as a ‘fact’. Let me check what’s ‘fact’ actually mean.

fact

/fakt/

noun

1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.

‘Proved to be true’. See. Do you have any proof with your assumption? If not, I can assume (see what I did there? I ASSUME) you just based your opinion from your biased judgment of new sellers point of view. Also, don’t abuse emoji in your post, it shows lack of professionalism, especially when you claimed yourself as a writer.

Sorry to hear of people’s frustrations but it is an inevitability of the constant (and massive) pressure to push down prices, delivery times, and even the amount of work expected from freelancers to pitch on a job - as in ppl keep asking me to do their research on me after I have already given them access to my portfolio so they clearly don’t intend to spend a minute looking to see who I am when I am doing my work and expect me to solve that too (without any targets). That and demands for free “test” work… (hint it ain’t work if it ain’t paid for).

If we can’t ALL act like professionals - real Pros, not cannibal sharks - there is no growth possible.

🙂

Love that you’re just make an assumptions from my one sentence post and masked it as a ‘fact’. Let me check what’s ‘fact’ actually mean.

fact

/fakt/

noun

‘Proved to be true’. See. Do you have any proof with your assumption? If not, I can assume (see what I did there? I ASSUME) you just based your opinion from your biased judgment of new sellers point of view. Also, don’t abuse emoji in your post, it shows lack of professionalism, especially when you claimed yourself as a writer.

re: new sellers pricing differently to other sellers:

This document gives research into Fiverr:

arxiv.org

1609.06004.pdf

848.84 KB

But it’s old data from 2016 when the level requirements were different.

But from that it shows that at that time (and I think it’s still the case) higher levels (eg. TRS) charged more on average than lower levelled sellers. It’s based on level rather than date started (see table 2 on page 2).

eg. from that research:

Apart from the fact that the top rated sellers are selling more number of products, it is also quite clear that they charge more for their product than others. A top rated seller charges $9.56 on average, where a level 2 seller charges $8.96

Again because it’s old data and different level requirements I think the amounts will be very different now and those figures are for all categories, not just the writing category.

re: new sellers pricing differently to other sellers:

This document gives research into Fiverr:

arxiv.org

1609.06004.pdf

848.84 KB

But it’s old data from 2016 when the level requirements were different.

But from that it shows that at that time (and I think it’s still the case) higher levels (eg. TRS) charged more on average than lower levelled sellers. It’s based on level rather than date started (see table 2 on page 2).

eg. from that research:

Apart from the fact that the top rated sellers are selling more number of products, it is also quite clear that they charge more for their product than others. A top rated seller charges $9.56 on average, where a level 2 seller charges $8.96

Again because it’s old data and different level requirements I think the amounts will be very different now and those figures are for all categories, not just the writing category.

This is an interesting read. Thank you for sharing this. However, just to clear the misunderstanding, I rebutting her statement of stating that I DIDN’T KNOW that new seller start with lower prices than established seller, which is baseless as I’m totally aware that new sellers tend to offer lower pricing.

fact

/fakt/

noun

You said " I’m totally aware that new sellers tend to offer lower pricing"

So you are aware of this fact as well? That’s really interesting since when I said it you deemed my comments worthless. :thinking:

Oh and now I am abusing the emojis :rofl:

You can claim professionalisms but not everyone has those intentions to remain “professional”

You should remain professional if you want professional work.

it’s like me saying I will never ask a seller with the name tatjanamitevska

Comparing someones real name to something made up like sexyspartan literally makes no sense.

I clearly see that you’re affected because you do not respond to your reviews with a thanks

That’s honestly a pretty bad measure. I don’t do that either and still my customers keep coming back. Also, I doubt that I need to thank a customer publicly if they leave a honest review. I thank them for tips in private messages, because that’s what you do…

I’m sorry you have a problem with the word sexy. I am, so what can I say?

People offer their services over here. Literally nobody cares if you are or aren’t sexy. They don’t want to know because inappropriate buyer requests are very common and your username suggests that you could be one of these users.

I am talking about clearly … you came in attacking me based on my name???instead of being professional and giving a proper critique

That’s no attack, that’s just the reason why a lot of people might want to cancel on you. You asked for opinions. If you need those to be embedded in a bed of flowers, you should say so.

Actually, you attacked her because you don’t like her opinion. You should seriously rethink your reaction towards criticism.

And to emphasize it again:

If you pay 5-10$ for a service, don’t expect quality service.

You might be lucky with new sellers who don’t have any reviews to get quality service for that price because they want to charge higher prices but can’t since they are lacking reviews, seller levels, exposure in general…

Obvious you are trying to be relevant with your Novel worthy answer… so I will let you have fun … tit for tat is not my quarantine life

Sincerely Sexyspartan

Obvious you are trying to be relevant with your Novel worthy answer… so I will let you have fun … tit for tat is not my quarantine life

Sincerely Sexyspartan

Sincerely Sexyspartan

Multiple accounts are not allowed on Fiverr.

From the ToS:

Multiple Accounts - To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations of Fiverr’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards is a cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.”

Read the Terms of Service here:

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

I’d like to give you some tips which in my opinion are really important.
I am still a Level 1 seller but when I am not busy with studying I have noticed what really increased my sells. It’s trust and communication!
What am I talking about? Well, when you first look at someone’s profile, you should pay attention at the way the seller wrote the description. Before ordering, if you have any doubts, contact the seller. This is the crucial part, because if you get a short response like “Hi” or “buy this”, “buy that” it is a sign that the seller is interested only in earning and not actually helping you to reach your goal and to gain the result you expected.
A good seller will explain you how he works and is going to help you understand which package fits you the best. If I see that a potential client needs a Standard package and not a Premium one, I will tell him and explain him why. Most of the times, those buyers choose my services again. It’s honesty and professionalism that pays off.
If someone writes you stuff like “I have 10 years of experience in …”, they may have it but they may not. In your case it should be important to ask them for some kind of portfolio. I don’t know how I will be able to buy a writing service without knowing anything about the previous work made by the seller.
I offer website services and Intro videos. Sometimes I ask my potential clients if they would like to see a preview (fast draft/plan) of the work I am going to do for them. When they choose my services, they appreciate that effort because they are aware I am trying to do my best for them. Why? Because I am trying to explain them the way I work and I let them see that I want them to be happy with the final result. Sometimes it is impossible to provide a preview or a draft, it may be considered free work, but you can always ask for a portfolio.
Also I read that some sellers advised you to look if there are responses to the feedbacks. Well, in my opinion it is not rude to not answer back. If I answered every single feedback, when someone wants to check my reviews, they’ll see my comments everywhere. It would be mostly “Thank you” under every single review. In my opinion it is not a pretty thing to see in someone’s profile because if the comments are all the same, it is almost like the seller feels obligated to answer. Instead my comment can be seen in the feedback I write to the buyer, it’s the most honest one because you don’t know what the buyer has written to you. Also if I have anything special to say, I prefer to thank the buyer privately.
I invite you to check if the seller has put any certificates in their profile or if he has taken any skill tests. This shows the effort put by a seller into showing their skills.

In summary:

• Pay attention to the communication

• Ask for portfolio (example of previous works)

• Read the long reviews

• Check if the seller has taken any skill tests

Sincerely Sexyspartan

Obvious you are trying to be relevant with your Novel worthy answer… so I will let you have fun …

Yeah, no. I’m not trying to be relevant but you got the fun part right.

Seems like you are not interested in improving or anything like that, you’re just searching for confirmation. So, there is honestly not much more I can do with you than have a little fun.

Sincerely Sexyspartan

Also, as @vibronx already stated, having multiple accounts on Fiverr is a violation of ToS.

• 2 months later...

Oh boy…

So I am a seller and I am being very direct here:

1. I would never work with someone with a name [Mod edit:] with anything containing words referring to reproduction [Mod edit end]. I get that this is not LinkedIn, BUT this is a marketplace for services (most of them professional services). Your username reminds me of the 90’ when we used MSN and we used surname like fungirl89.
  2. I checked your buyer profile and most of your orders are from seller with basic packages of 5$ and 10$. What do you expect honestly? You get what you pay for. You pay 10$ you will get quality and customer support for 10$. I am not saying that sellers who are on the lower end on the platform are not professionals or that their work is not quality work, I am saying that most of the time,people with that level of prices are either new or this is a side hustle for them.

I see you are from the US, so next time pay what is considered acceptable pay for this type of services in the US and you will get a professional, trust me on this.

Thank you so much for your valuable tips.

Archived