What Do YOU Want To Say To fiverr About Their Demotion Process?

karitsu

karitsu May 15, 2020 13:39

Hello team,

On viewing my account today I saw a warning letting me know that my Seller Level was demoted form Level 2 to Level 1 with the following; “We’re sorry but your account’s level was demoted in our last evaluation, here are the business and quality measurements for the day of the evaluation (Thu May 14 2020):”

While it is your platform and you are free to do with it as you please…I would STRONGLY suggest that you put more CUSTOMER SERVICE COMMUNICATIONS into these drastic changes!

WE (long-standing members) early sellers and buyers have grown this platform when it was in its startup & infant stages and now that it seems to be in a mature state you are unilaterally implementing changes which are taking away our earning and status - do you think that is fair?

I did not receive any prior notices, nor did I receive any proactive suggestions that would put me on alert to what downsides could be had…is that really how you want to operate and grow this platform?

I ask you to rethink your stance, then let me know your decision and way forward.

Thank you in advance for your reconsideration!

===============fiverr’s RESPONSE=====================
Paul May 15, 2020 18:23

Hi there Kurt,

As you might know, your stats are being calculated over a 60-day period.

We are truly grateful for the time you’ve spent here and for the business you’ve been doing on the platform, however, looking at your orders, you have not completed any in the last 5 years. That influenced your Response rate, your Earnings, and the Ratings. All of these need to be upwards of 90% for you to be promoted or keep the current level. The Leveling system changed in the meantime, your stats happened to be below the required level and you were demoted.

Keeping everything in mind, things will have to remain as they are.

I hope you understand.

Paul | Fiverr Customer Support

Hello team,

On viewing my account today I saw a warning letting me know that my Seller Level was demoted form Level 2 to Level 1 with the following; “We’re sorry but your account’s level was demoted in our last evaluation, here are the business and quality measurements for the day of the evaluation (Thu May 14 2020):”

While it is your platform and you are free to do with it as you please…I would STRONGLY suggest that you put more CUSTOMER SERVICE COMMUNICATIONS into these drastic changes!

WE (long-standing members) early sellers and buyers have grown this platform when it was in its startup & infant stages and now that it seems to be in a mature state you are unilaterally implementing changes which are taking away our earning and status - do you think that is fair?

I did not receive any prior notices, nor did I receive any proactive suggestions that would put me on alert to what downsides could be had…is that really how you want to operate and grow this platform?

I ask you to rethink your stance, then let me know your decision and way forward.

Hi there Kurt,

We are truly grateful for the time you’ve spent here and for the business you’ve been doing on the platform, however, looking at your orders, you have not completed any in the last 5 years. That influenced your Response rate, your Earnings, and the Ratings. All of these need to be upwards of 90% for you to be promoted or keep the current level. The Leveling system changed in the meantime, your stats happened to be below the required level and you were demoted.

I hope you understand.

I think Fiverr’s promotion/demotion system is quite fair. The metrics apply to everyone equally. If you get demoted, you always have the ability to improve your stats and be re-promoted the next month.

looking at your orders, you have not completed any in the last 5 years.

This is particularly telling. You aren’t an active seller. You haven’t sold anything in five years. Your last review was six years ago. Inactive sellers who do not maintain active selling aren’t entitled to the benefits that active sellers earn – namely, a level promotion and the advancement that comes with it. If you start earning and delivering orders, then you’ll be able to meet Fiverr’s metric requirements, and you can work your way into a level promotion. That’s just how Fiverr works.

I think Fiverr’s promotion/demotion system is quite fair. The metrics apply to everyone equally. If you get demoted, you always have the ability to improve your stats and be re-promoted the next month.

looking at your orders, you have not completed any in the last 5 years.

This is particularly telling. You aren’t an active seller. You haven’t sold anything in five years. Your last review was six years ago. Inactive sellers who do not maintain active selling aren’t entitled to the benefits that active sellers earn – namely, a level promotion and the advancement that comes with it. If you start earning and delivering orders, then you’ll be able to meet Fiverr’s metric requirements, and you can work your way into a level promotion. That’s just how Fiverr works.

Jonbaas, thank you for your input.

This new way of doing business by fiverr wasn’t there when I nor many of us started and I, nor any (guessing) of their original sellers got any notice of their NEW way of doing business.

fiverr does not know what would have caused a seller not to be active on the platform, but they are quite comfortable tearing down a seller’s reputation/standing in order to drive more sales.

As one of the platforms early adapters, I would like to think that my service and loyalty which got me to Level 2 meant something to the fiverr brand!

But this isn’t just about me…I want everyone who got demoted for whatever reason to voice their feeling and mindset to what’s going on, in hopes that the platform heads rethink the way this NEW policy is being administered - we all know what happens to brands who forget to follow their moral compass.

THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!

This new way of doing business by fiverr wasn’t there when I nor many of us started and I, nor any (guessing) of their original sellers got any notice of their NEW way of doing business.

fiverr does not know what would have caused a seller not to be active on the platform, but they are quite comfortable tearing down a seller’s reputation/standing in order to drive more sales.

As one of the platforms early adapters, I would like to think that my service and loyalty which got me to Level 2 meant something to the fiverr brand!

But this isn’t just about me…I want everyone who got demoted for whatever reason to voice their feeling and mindset to what’s going on, in hopes that the platform heads rethink the way this NEW policy is being administered - we all know what happens to brands who forget to follow their moral compass.

nor any (guessing) of their original sellers got any notice of their NEW way of doing business.

They did. they did give a notice.

this system was implemented 2 years ago and they started sending emails and reminding sellers around about 3 months in advance before implementing it.

If you weren’t active and ignored fiverr emails then it’s not their fault.

I’m not sure why are you so furious right now because there are quite a few “unfair” things but your demotion is not one of them.

You didn’t complete a single order in 5 years. Why do you even care about your level? It’s not like it makes any difference to you, since you clearly don’t work here.

This policy is not new. Has been in place for years. Wait until you find you can sell stuff for over $5 now, it will blow your mind!

Hello team,

Hi there Kurt,

I hope you understand.

however, looking at your orders, you have not completed any in the last 5 years

The way this was phrased actually made me laugh out loud. Sorry you got demoted but I don’t think it’s going to break your neck if you haven’t delivered any orders in 5 years.

Fiver sends emails on the 3 month marker to check if the seller is active, if those emails are sent to spam or you ignore them that is not really Fiverr’s fault. Also why does the demotion bother you if you haven’t sold anything in 5 years its not as if you are using the platform to earn anything atm.

their feeling and mindset to what’s going on

One month after I joined Fiverr, I was already a level 1 seller, a month later I was level 2.

Last year I was in a really bad spot mentally and I guess it was my fault that I didn’t deliver up to Fiverr’s standards (quite frankly I didn’t deliver some orders at all, that’s how bad I was doing but that’s not the point here)

Quickly after, I was demoted to level 1 and then in the following month I lost that level too because of this.

Despite that, I still think the system is fair, everyone has a chance to level up and everyone, regardless of how long they have been on Fiverr should be demoted if they don’t contribute to the success of the plattform. In a normal employment, my boss would have tolerated that for one project, maybe two and then fired me. But on Fiverr you have the chance to regain those levels.

Having seen all three, a quick climb, a just as quick downfall and an awfully long period of me trying to redeem myself (took a year and I only just in June got my Level 1 badge back which will now make me eligible to become a Level 2 seller again) I do believe the badges are given too quickly and things like the completion rate should maybe be weighted differently than e.g. reviews or response rate because In too many cases, cancellations are neither the seller’s fault, nor in their control.

Fiverr isn’t doing business any different than how business is usually done. It doesn’t matter whether you are an “original seller”, or a new seller, Fiverr is, and has always been, a marketplace for freelancers to offer their skills to the world. Fiverr may have improved their platform format, but that isn’t unusual either – all businesses grow and improve over time. It is YOUR responsibility to keep up with any of those improvements.

they are quite comfortable tearing down a seller’s reputation/standing in order to drive more sales.

Fiverr isn’t out to get you, or “tear down your reputation”. YOU are the only person responsible for your reputation, and if you haven’t done what you need to do in order to earn sales in past five years, that isn’t Fiverr’s fault.

But, you haven’t sold anything in over 5 years. That’s not the mark of a loyal seller – that’s an inactive seller who hasn’t contributed any revenue to Fiverr. Fiverr likes active sellers who have developed a reputation for success, and bring in revenue. You haven’t done that.

I want everyone who got demoted for whatever reason to voice their feeling and mindset to what’s going on, in hopes that the platform heads rethink the way this NEW policy is being administered.

We all get demoted, for various reasons. I’ve been every seller level (except Top Seller) many times. And each of those times, I worked hard to regain what what was lost. That’s how Fiverr works. The platform doesn’t need to change the promotion/demotion format, because there’s nothing wrong with it.

we all know what happens to brands who forget to follow their moral compass.

Fiverr is a business. They grow, change, and improve, just like any other business. Fiverr isn’t going anywhere, and they aren’t ignoring their “moral compass”. It is YOUR responsibility, as a user of this platform, to stay up-to-date on the changes, and grow with them. Fiverr doesn’t owe you – or any of us – anything other than the promises they make in their Terms of Service… which we all – including you – agreed to when we signed up for our accounts.

I honestly think that Fiverr’s promotion/demotion system is still on the lenient side of the spectrum.

Being required to do what you’re supposed to do when you’re supposed to do it isn’t really that big a deal at least 90% of the time. If you can’t manage that then, well, it’s on you.

Let me get this right. You’ve not had a sale on Fiverr for five years?

Now, more than one thousand eight hundred days later, you are coming back moaning that your level has gone down?

And, you are saying there is strength in numbers? Count me out.

Quite frankly I’m surprised your account wasn’t shut down as it appeared abandoned.

Guest dntkachairing

their feeling and mindset to what’s going on

One month after I joined Fiverr, I was already a level 1 seller, a month later I was level 2.

Last year I was in a really bad spot mentally and I guess it was my fault that I didn’t deliver up to Fiverr’s standards (quite frankly I didn’t deliver some orders at all, that’s how bad I was doing but that’s not the point here)

Quickly after, I was demoted to level 1 and then in the following month I lost that level too because of this.

Despite that, I still think the system is fair, everyone has a chance to level up and everyone, regardless of how long they have been on Fiverr should be demoted if they don’t contribute to the success of the plattform. In a normal employment, my boss would have tolerated that for one project, maybe two and then fired me. But on Fiverr you have the chance to regain those levels.

Having seen all three, a quick climb, a just as quick downfall and an awfully long period of me trying to redeem myself (took a year and I only just in June got my Level 1 badge back which will now make me eligible to become a Level 2 seller again) I do believe the badges are given too quickly and things like the completion rate should maybe be weighted differently than e.g. reviews or response rate because In too many cases, cancellations are neither the seller’s fault, nor in their control.

One month after I joined Fiverr, I was already a level 1 seller

nonono, you need to stay on Fiverr at least 60 days ( 2 months) to fullfill one of the requirement. 1 month is not able to get Level 1

One month after I joined Fiverr, I was already a level 1 seller

nonono, you need to stay on Fiverr at least 60 days ( 2 months) to fullfill one of the requirement. 1 month is not able to get Level 1

That’s the information regarding Levels from 2014 which was updated at a later point:

Quick Reference Guide to Fiverr Levels:

Level 1 – Your account is active for at least 30 days and you’ve made 10 sales.

Level 2 – You’ve made 50 orders in a 60 day period.

Archived