Just got ripped off by a spellcaster on fiverr

sabumnim777

Oh, man, I’m just gonna delete my account. I ain’t looking for clients for my services on a platform that promotes spell casting. Like, wtf?

I ain’t looking for clients for my services on a platform that promotes spell casting.

You could just put a disclaimer on your gig saying you only serve Muggles, but I guess it’s up to you.

Bye for now. 👋

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ain’t looking for clients for my services on a platform that promotes spell casting.

You could just put a disclaimer on your gig saying you only serve Muggles, but I guess it’s up to you.

Bye for now. 👋

I had to look up muggles. Great word!

So far his account is still here.

I had to look up muggles. Great word!

So far his account is still here.

Are you seriously trying to say that you have never read or watched Harry Potter?

What kind of Witch are you?

I always imagined J.K. Rowling as the world’s head witch masquerading as a children’s book author. Then again, this could explain why you want to pretend you don’t know what a Muggle is… :thinking:

Are you seriously trying to say that you have never read or watched Harry Potter?

What kind of Witch are you?

I always imagined J.K. Rowling as the world’s head witch masquerading as a children’s book author. Then again, this could explain why you want to pretend you don’t know what a Muggle is… :thinking:

I tried to read the first book but gave up after three chapters. Then I tried to watch the movie and left after suffering through it for half an hour. I might be the only person in the world who doesn’t enjoy Harry Potter.

I tried to read the first book but gave up after three chapters. Then I tried to watch the movie and left after suffering through it for half an hour. I might be the only person in the world who doesn’t enjoy Harry Potter.

Yeah, the first book and movie is actually pretty awful. However, the later books are way better.

probably for the same reason i dislike 50 shades

I was so turned off just by hearing what that was about I didn’t want to try to read it. My friend was raving about the book. I later watched about an hour of the movie. Both Harry Potter and 50 Shades were terribly boring. I wanted to sleep so much while trying to pretend to be interested in the Harry Potter movie. It seemed to be about a flying broomstick.

I was so turned off just by hearing what that was about I didn’t want to try to read it. My friend was raving about the book. I later watched about an hour of the movie. Both Harry Potter and 50 Shades were terribly boring. I wanted to sleep so much while trying to pretend to be interested in the Harry Potter movie. It seemed to be about a flying broomstick.

You might like a book called Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. It’s a lot better than HP. As for 50 Shades, I never read it nor want to. I’m more sci-fi and horror. I also find it a bit odd how people rave about a book, when in the case of 50 Shades, all they are really saying is "this book made me really horny."

I mean are they the kind of people you want at your book club?

You might like a book called Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. It’s a lot better than HP. As for 50 Shades, I never read it nor want to. I’m more sci-fi and horror. I also find it a bit odd how people rave about a book, when in the case of 50 Shades, all they are really saying is "this book made me really horny."

"this book made me really horny."

It was a snoozefest for me. Like Harry Potter I wondered what about it was supposed to be interesting. I loved the Alice in Wonderland movie.

Yeah, the first book and movie is actually pretty awful. However, the later books are way better.

I like the first book. It sets the tone and has a nice feel to it. I’m like that with a lot of book series. The first is always the best. With the exception of Song of Ice and Fire, which gets better for each book.

horny

50 shades made me board before i gave up, but if 50 shades is meant to make you feel horny, how is clockwork orange supposed to make you feel?

I loved the Alice in Wonderland movie

did you like avatar?

horny

50 shades made me board before i gave up, but if 50 shades is meant to make you feel horny, how is clockwork orange supposed to make you feel?

I loved the Alice in Wonderland movie

did you like avatar?

Yes loved the Avatar. Also the Matrix movies are some of my favorites.

Yes loved the Avatar. Also the Matrix movies are some of my favorites.

I reckon we should reclaim this thread and just make it about books and movies we didn’t think were worth the hype

Here is my contribution: I have controversially only watched the new Star Wars movie and I don’t really care enough to bother watching the originals

I reckon we should reclaim this thread and just make it about books and movies we didn’t think were worth the hype

Here is my contribution: I have controversially only watched the new Star Wars movie and I don’t really care enough to bother watching the originals

I have controversially only watched the new Star Wars movie

There aren’t any new Star Wars movies. These days, there are are only George Lucas CGI-heavy space handbag fight movies for millenials.

That said, there is a fantastic Star Wars fan fiction book by a indie Canadian author called Jack Teng:

favicon.icoSmashwords
1022bf33c5420fc25de22db7d7bcfcfcc357cffd.thumb.jpeg.bfc4c48546356a5bab90a34ff3342102.jpeg

I, Tim: Memoirs of a Cook on a Moon-Sized Planet-Vaporizing Space...

What happens behind the scenes in the Star Wars universe? Should we trust those heroes and their claims? "I, Tim" takes place in a working-class, LGBTQ-friendly satirical version of the Star Wars universe; it's a behind-the-scenes look at the efforts...

(And it’s free.)

Count me in… 😀

I never got the hang of Harry Potter… the book or the movie… :thinking:

I am bookworm, but nope this book I stopped reading at chapter 2… Maybe I don’t have the imagination to visualize it…

There aren’t any new Star Wars movies. These days, there are are only George Lucas CGI-heavy space handbag fight movies for millenials.

That said, there is a fantastic Star Wars fan fiction book by a indie Canadian author called Jack Teng:

favicon.icoSmashwords
e9120a4724c4f41ac337f48095ed05bb909764d4_2_370x500.jpeg

What happens behind the scenes in the Star Wars universe? Should we trust those heroes and their claims? "I, Tim" takes place in a working-class, LGBTQ-friendly satirical version of the Star Wars universe; it's a behind-the-scenes look at the efforts...

(And it’s free.)

Okay, after the blurb on the linked page, I’m definitely going to read this when in the mood. No need to let a bad thread go to waste.

I’ve watched and read a lot of Star Wars, however, but I don’t mind when people mock my heroes, favourite planets, and so on, I’m big, I can take that, the Powaaah is with me 😉

What’s up with multiple “spells bad” posts when it’s not even a weekend yet? Is it the weather?

I second the “Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell” suggestion, great book. There is also a disappointing BBC tv show but at least the trailer is somewhat entertaining.

What’s up with multiple “spells bad” posts when it’s not even a weekend yet? Is it the weather?

I second the “Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell” suggestion, great book. There is also a disappointing BBC tv show but at least the trailer is somewhat entertaining.

I couldn’t sit through the TV show. The BBC butchered the book so badly, they might as well have set it on fire and shot the author.

That said, have you read Susanna Clark’s new book, Piranesi?

I have controversially only watched the new Star Wars movie and I don’t really care enough to bother watching the originals

i havn’t seen any on the disney star wars movies myself

what are peeps takes on the twilight saga? personally i loved the films up until the last two, which really should have been one film. that wedding albeit plays out in real time <.< how i’ve seen the films though i can’t really bring myself to read the books, although i do have the audiobooks

also, it’s clearly supposed to be a modern day gothic fairytale (which is cool), and choosing the vampire over the werewolf is clearly like choosing death rather then life, so who did that happen? jake was also hot, in both forms, so all the more for me i guess…

I couldn’t sit through the TV show. The BBC butchered the book so badly, they might as well have set it on fire and shot the author.

That said, have you read Susanna Clark’s new book, Piranesi?

I’ve been terrible with reading in recent years, tbh. I had to switch to audiobooks to go easy on my eyes and the problem with audiobooks in English (I avoid translated versions) is that they’re “not available in my region” pretty often. Or the audio version just doesn’t exist.

If you recommend it, I’ll look into it. I personally could use some magic in my life.

PS Also, yeah. I was around 18-19 when Harry Potter craze hit so I always thought I was just too old for that nonsense. My sisters were 12 and 13 at the time and didn’t care for it either, though.

favicon.icoSmashwords
e9120a4724c4f41ac337f48095ed05bb909764d4_2_370x500.jpeg

(And it’s free.)

Though George Lucas didn’t have much to do with the 3 new ones. He sold his Lucasfilm company and they were directed & produced by other people (eg. J.J. Abrams). While they might be quite CGI heavy they tried to go more with the physical rather than CGI stuff where they could really. eg. there’s still animatronics in them and non-cgi aliens and maybe less green screen than some of the prequels. And they weren’t shot digitally as far as I know (unlike the last 2 prequels).

I did a cancellation, how long does it take to get my money back !

If you requested a cancellation with the the resolution centre option I think it shows it there. I think it says the order will cancel in 2 days if the seller doesn’t decline it.

re: the thread. Maybe the seller should have replied to the OPs message(s) to explain how things work re: payments or to tell them to contact CS about it. That could have probably got this sorted a lot faster.

I’ve been terrible with reading in recent years, tbh. I had to switch to audiobooks to go easy on my eyes and the problem with audiobooks in English (I avoid translated versions) is that they’re “not available in my region” pretty often. Or the audio version just doesn’t exist.

If you recommend it, I’ll look into it. I personally could use some magic in my life.

PS Also, yeah. I was around 18-19 when Harry Potter craze hit so I always thought I was just too old for that nonsense. My sisters were 12 and 13 at the time and didn’t care for it either, though.

I’ve been terrible with reading in recent years, tbh.

Same here. And when I don’t read, I can’t write, at least not creatively. In this case, I haven’t read Piranesi myself yet. However, I have been meaning to since November. Maybe if I finish work before 3am today, I’ll download it finally.

Archived