Will you cotinue work with client who only rate 4.x star for your work?

chrisdata

So what will you do when the order comes from those who left you with 4-star reviews on previous work? reject order?

in my experience looking for gigs, Fiverr does not always prioritize showing search results from sellers with 5-star reviews only.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I was in school, I had a lecturer that normally say “A belongs to God, B is for the serious students”. On this note, no matter how hard you try hard to please him in his examination or test, you will never get an A in his course due to his policy that nobody is 100 percent perfect.

I think some buyers are also like that, they believe complete perfection is for God, while human beings are not meant to match God’s perfection.

First of all I wanna say that No. But If I got 4 start for the first order and again get order from the same buyer, I will do the job so nicely and will politely ask first before the delivery that last time maybe you was not happy with my work, Now you are fully satisfied with my work? if yes kindly tell me then I will send you the delivery. Otherwise you can tell me what what changes do you need. If he or she said Yes! and happy then I will send the delivery and I am pretty sure that this time he/she will give 5* for your awesome converstation. You also can try this out. 😉

First of all I wanna say that No. But If I got 4 start for the first order and again get order from the same buyer, I will do the job so nicely and will politely ask first before the delivery that last time maybe you was not happy with my work, Now you are fully satisfied with my work? if yes kindly tell me then I will send you the delivery. Otherwise you can tell me what what changes do you need. If he or she said Yes! and happy then I will send the delivery and I am pretty sure that this time he/she will give 5* for your awesome converstation. You also can try this out. 😉

hey, this is not allow on fiverr , I suggest you stop doing that from now on else your buyer can easily tell CS and you will get a warning. We seller cannot ask them to give us full 5 star if they happy. We only can decide will us willing to work with them again? If yes then ok , no then block them. Please stay safe.

and will politely ask first before the delivery that last time maybe you was not happy with my work, Now you are fully satisfied with my work?

You could get in trouble for talking about their previous review though or pressuring them about the review in some way. It’s probably best not to refer to their reviews in communication.

hey, this is not allow on fiverr , I suggest you stop doing that from now on else your buyer can easily tell CS and you will get a warning. We seller cannot ask them to give us full 5 star if they happy. We only can decide will us willing to work with them again? If yes then ok , no then block them. Please stay safe.

I am not asking for 5* Instead I am asking he is satisfied or not, it will be problem? yes, I never force someone for 5 star, you can be sure.

I am not asking for 5* Instead I am asking he is satisfied or not, it will be problem? yes, I never force someone for 5 star, you can be sure.

But you’re also saying “last time you was not happy with my work” [because of the review] Now you are fully satisfied with my work?". It might sound like you are pressuring them/making them feel guilty about the review they gave last time. Fiverr could give a warning if they think you are pressuring/making them feel guilty about a review they gave or pressuring them to give a particular review (eg. the “now you are fully satisfied with my work?” might be seen as that, though it might be okay as you aren’t mentioning reviews/feedback). It’s safer not to refer to a past review in communication I think.

Maybe CS could be asked what is okay re: this.

Now I face a similar problem. Now day’s many of my clients give me 4 stars, some of them give 3.5 with very good comments. Actually I am confused now. They write such a good comment but give me 4 stars. And also I had a client who gave me 4 stars twice.so the second time I go in the inbox and ask him that there is anything wrong with my service?? are you unsatisfied with my work?? he replies no you did a great job I wrote a good comment. but he rates my service with 4.3. Now I had another order running with him. So now, what can I do? 🙃 so I am preparing my self for another 4 stars…

Now I face a similar problem. Now day’s many of my clients give me 4 stars, some of them give 3.5 with very good comments. Actually I am confused now. They write such a good comment but give me 4 stars. And also I had a client who gave me 4 stars twice.so the second time I go in the inbox and ask him that there is anything wrong with my service?? are you unsatisfied with my work?? he replies no you did a great job I wrote a good comment. but he rates my service with 4.3. Now I had another order running with him. So now, what can I do? 🙃 so I am preparing my self for another 4 stars…

I knew your feeling.

But now you already doing his order, be prepared for the 4 star, nothing much you could do or ask for.

Just need to decide whether your want to do next order with them or not.

This is a very tough question for those who really cares about ratings. A lot of us do.

A Friendly Reminder to all

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

Name-calling.

Ad hominem attacks.

Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.

Knee-jerk contradiction.

Responses that could be interpreted as offensive.

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

https://forum.fiverr.com/guidelines

Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's

Community Standards & Forum Rules - 2020

Fiverr Forum Moderation Team

While I was in school, I had a lecturer that normally say “A belongs to God, B is for the serious students”. On this note, no matter how hard you try hard to please him in his examination or test, you will never get an A in his course due to his policy that nobody is 100 percent perfect.

I think some buyers are also like that, they believe complete perfection is for God, while human beings are not meant to match God’s perfection.

Yeah - I had one like that at University. Ironic, really, since he was an avowed communist (Trotsky-ist), but didn’t believe in “from each according to his abilities”. We can live without those …

You’re putting words in my mouth. I didn’t say buyers have to owe me with anything. I said if it’s just one off buyer and leave me 4 star, I don’t mind it’s totally fine. Plus my nature of gigs doesn’t generally attract returning clients as most of them are just normal end-consumer, not business related. But if they repeating orders and keep giving average review, I have rights to disallow them to use my services, as I feel their action is disruptive to my reputation. Yes, it seems unethical for you, but this is how I run my services, and I have rights to filter my clients. I thought you’re well experienced in this but you have to understand each of us sellers have their own way running their businesses.

Also, I didn’t say the buyer is deserved to be punishable, don’t twist my words. I just filter my clients, plus there are tonnes of other sellers which can fulfill their requirements.

I welcomed some of the criticism and opinions, however, it seems some old-regulars here are quite self-entitled if their opinions are challenged.

Also, I didn’t say the buyer is deserved to be punishable, don’t twist my words. I

Um, I didn’t twist your words. You literally said that. Fiverr isn’t punishing you. And blocking someone for not reviewing you a certain way is entitlement and punishment of them.

Fiverr’s stigma of anything below 5* (or 4.7 to be exact) should be

by demoting the seller level is the main root of the issue.

He sounds like a CS bot because he’s pointing that out that it is incorrect to think a buyer owes you something if they write you a 4-star review?

Saying a fact makes a person a bot?

You’re mad because he is speaking the truth and not supporting your unethical, entitled, irrational fantasy. Buyers don’t owe you anything and making them owe you something isn’t going to improve your reviews. All that does is promote bias.

Fiverr’s stigma of anything below 5* (or 4.7 to be exact) should be punishable by demoting the seller level is the main root of the issue.

No buyer owes you anything. You don’t punish people for reviewing a certain way. That is so unethical my goodness.

Mod Note: Post edited, to avoid confrontation.

You said:

No buyer owes you anything. You don’t punish people for reviewing a certain way

When the other poster wasn’t talking about punishing the buyer (they never asked to punish the buyer). They were talking about the seller being demoted by Fiverr’s evaluation system.

The other poster never used the word “punished” or “punishable” in their post you referred to so it isn’t’ literally was that poster said.

You said:

No buyer owes you anything. You don’t punish people for reviewing a certain way

When the other poster wasn’t talking about punishing the buyer (they never asked to punish the buyer). They were talking about the seller being demoted by Fiverr’s evaluation system.

The other poster never used the word “punished” or “punishable” in their post you referred to so it isn’t’ literally was that poster said.

I know.

I’m saying the rating system doesn’t mean Fiverr isn’t punishing sellers by giving buyers a voice and influence in seller success.

The seller is saying he’s not saying buyers should be punished, but blocking someone for not reviewing you in a way that helps your ratings is indeed punishing them.

I know.

I’m saying the rating system doesn’t mean Fiverr isn’t punishing sellers by giving buyers a voice and influence in seller success.

The seller is saying he’s not saying buyers should be punished, but blocking someone for not reviewing you in a way that helps your ratings is indeed punishing them.

edit:

Though I do think it’s the evaluation requirements that’s part of the issue, a bit like the other poster. If Fiverr/levels didn’t need 4.7 stars or above it would be a better system because this would be less of an issue. 4 stars can be a good rating for some people but it could also make sellers lose their level and then not be able to show the same amount of gigs etc.

I know.

blocking someone for not reviewing you in a way that helps your ratings is indeed punishing them.

It’s not much of a punishment if it encourages them to find a seller whose work will be 100% to their taste.

And freelancers do have the right not to work with a buyer they don’t want to work with.

blocking someone for not reviewing you in a way that helps your ratings is indeed punishing them.

It’s not much of a punishment if it encourages them to find a seller whose work will be 100% to their taste.

And freelancers do have the right not to work with a buyer they don’t want to work with.

I don’t understand how is it punishing my buyer to block him after a bad (in my opinion) review. Anything under 4.7 is a bad review according to Fiverr - otherwise, the threshold for getting demoted would be at a different rating. Having reviews under 4.7 is equivalent to having cancelations or delivery on time under 90%. So it’s clearly bad.

If the client leaves me a clearly bad review, not working with them in the future is a win for both of us. He wasn’t satisfied, I wasn’t satisfied. Nothing else to see here, move on.

If, by any reason, he was satisfied and still left that review, it’s simple - I don’t want to work with people who leave reviews under 5 starts even when they are satisfied, as that’s bad for my business. And that’s my right as a seller. They can be all like “Perfection doesn’t exist, I only leave 4 star reviews for amazing work!”. Sure, you do you. But you won’t be dealing with me again, thanks.

Also, I didn’t say the buyer is deserved to be punishable, don’t twist my words. I

Um, I didn’t twist your words. You literally said that. Fiverr isn’t punishing you. And blocking someone for not reviewing you a certain way is entitlement and punishment of them.

Fiverr’s stigma of anything below 5* (or 4.7 to be exact) should be

by demoting the seller level is the main root of the issue.

I guess you might want to reread my post again. At which part I said buyer should be punishable? And again, don’t make assumption that just because I blocked them means I’m punishing the buyer. I’m just fixing my preference of who I should be working with.

This conversation will goes no where. Since you already have a fixated view on this matter, whatever argument I gave will be useless. You may judge me however you want, but this is how I work.

This is part of my service strategy and it works well to me. That’s all matter, you do yours, I do mine. Period.

I don’t understand how is it punishing my buyer to block him after a bad (in my opinion) review. Anything under 4.7 is a bad review according to Fiverr - otherwise, the threshold for getting demoted would be at a different rating. Having reviews under 4.7 is equivalent to having cancelations or delivery on time under 90%. So it’s clearly bad.

If the client leaves me a clearly bad review, not working with them in the future is a win for both of us. He wasn’t satisfied, I wasn’t satisfied. Nothing else to see here, move on.

If, by any reason, he was satisfied and still left that review, it’s simple - I don’t want to work with people who leave reviews under 5 starts even when they are satisfied, as that’s bad for my business. And that’s my right as a seller. They can be all like “Perfection doesn’t exist, I only leave 4 star reviews for amazing work!”. Sure, you do you. But you won’t be dealing with me again, thanks.

If, by any reason, he was satisfied and still left that review, it’s simple - I don’t want to work with people who leave reviews under 5 starts even when they are satisfied, as that’s bad for my business. And that’s my right as a seller.

This is what I was trying to say all along. 100% agree.

They can be all like “Perfection doesn’t exist, I only leave 4 star reviews for amazing work!”. Sure, you do you. But you won’t be dealing with me again, thanks.

+1 TRS always make good points! 🙂

They totally do and I’m not saying they don’t.

I’m just responding to his assertion that blocking a buyer for not getting what you want isn’t punishment. It is.

I guess you might want to reread my post again. At which part I said buyer should be punishable? And again, don’t make assumption that just because I blocked them means I’m punishing the buyer. I’m just fixing my preference of who I should be working with.

This conversation will goes no where. Since you already have a fixated view on this matter, whatever argument I gave will be useless. You may judge me however you want, but this is how I work.

This is part of my service strategy and it works well to me. That’s all matter, you do yours, I do mine. Period.

again, don’t make assumption that just because I blocked them means I’m punishing the buyer

It’s not an assumption. I’m equating blocking with punishment.

That’s interesting, human - you’ll be surprised by this! - I have a lot of people blocked in various places, with no malice. It’s a method of making sure they stay out of my life and can no longer bother me - a kind of “some people are best loved from a distance” thing.

They don’t care, I’m not constantly being upset by their behaviour.

I think blocking people here is a similar approach.

Archived