Will you cotinue work with client who only rate 4.x star for your work?

chrisdata

“Will you continue work with client who only rate 4.x star for your work?”

Nope. If they give me less than 5, I’m blocking them (only happened twice and they were new on Fiverr, but oh well).

I don’t have any particular pleasure in doing it because I know they don’t mean any harm but I cannot afford to lose my rating if they ever place another order and do it again.

I know this is not the politically correct answer but I have the right to “filter” my clients the way I want to and I’m being brutally honest.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply only this matters to you, if you think it’s no big deal, please ignore this post.

I specially saying that because I knew someone out here would think less than 5 stars no big deal with them and they still can’t help themselves use their finger and type something like

“4 star is good”,

“customer didn’t do anything wrong”,

“just get used to it”, etc, etc, like a CS bot replies.

See? That’s not the point I asking for YOUR opinion here, I only ask to those who think less than 5 stars is matters to them, so why not ignore my post and go reply other post.

When your overall ratings drop from 5, it’s very hard to get back to 5.

I’ve been there.

Thanks but no thanks.

PLEASE only reply how you deal with them if it’s matters to you, a lot of us do!

Reply only this matters to you, if you think it’s no big deal, please ignore this post.

I specially saying that because I knew someone out here would think less than 5 stars no big deal with them and they still can’t help themselves use their finger and type something like

“4 star is good”,

“customer didn’t do anything wrong”,

“just get used to it”, etc, etc, like a CS bot replies.

See? That’s not the point I asking for YOUR opinion here, I only ask to those who think less than 5 stars is matters to them, so why not ignore my post and go reply other post.

I’ve been there.

Thanks but no thanks.

PLEASE only reply how you deal with them if it’s matters to you, a lot of us do!

I disagree. Wait 60 days, and the bad review falls off of your Analytics. That’s how the ratings system works. Unless you (speaking of sellers in general) are extremely impatient, waiting 60 days is not hard to do. Use those 60 days to become a better seller, and no time or effort is wasted.

Please don’t make demands of how other people participate on this forum. The more you demand that people respond to you a certain way, the fewer people there will be that will care to participate. Be respectful. Accept opinions other than your own. Participate with civility.

“I’m not going to work on this because you’ve been consistently rating me 4* and I don’t like that”.

I’m pretty sure you can say that and it won’t backfire.

I’m pretty sure you can say that and it won’t backfire.

Hmm. I’d be too paranoid to say something like this. I’d dance around it in some manner and say something like: “I can that the end result is continuously not 100% to your satisfaction. Someone else might be a better fit for your project.”

I remember somebody leaving me 4.3 rating for the first “test” order while their plan was to order 6 more designs after this. It was quite a linguistic adventure to ask if there was any issue with the delivery and if there was something I could improve and keep in mind when working on another 6 designs. It was exhausting.

If it’s a one-off buyer, I don’t mind. But if it’s recurring buyer and consistently gave 3-4* rating as they think 5* rating means absolute perfect and no one deserves it, nah, welcome to my block list. I can’t afford to hurt my rating. It’s not that I hate the buyers or anything, but Fiverr’s stigma of anything below 5* (or 4.7 to be exact) should be punishable by demoting the seller level is the main root of the issue.

You have the rights to filter those kind of buyer.

I only block horrible people. I know this will sound egotistical, but perhaps because of my large number of reviews a 4 here and there doesn’t affect me much? If all you have is 4s, then I can see how blocking a repeat 4-star-giver could be a wise move. I don’t see a 4 as a bad review, and I think it comes down to whether you want all the shiny 5-stars or you want orders that give you money.

If it’s a one-off buyer, I don’t mind. But if it’s recurring buyer and consistently gave 3-4* rating as they think 5* rating means absolute perfect and no one deserves it, nah, welcome to my block list. I can’t afford to hurt my rating. It’s not that I hate the buyers or anything, but Fiverr’s stigma of anything below 5* (or 4.7 to be exact) should be punishable by demoting the seller level is the main root of the issue.

Fiverr’s stigma of anything below 5* (or 4.7 to be exact) should be punishable by demoting the seller level is the main root of the issue.

I honestly don’t understand this kind of perspective. A buyer has the right to leave any review they feel best represents their experience with their order. Fiverr is not punishing sellers because buyers leave honest reviews. There is merely a set mathematical line in metrics, in which an average must be met, in order to maintain certain advantages on this site. If a seller drops down – for any reason – they can rise again 30 days later.

Fiverr’s stigma of anything below 5* (or 4.7 to be exact) should be punishable by demoting the seller level is the main root of the issue.

I honestly don’t understand this kind of perspective. A buyer has the right to leave any review they feel best represents their experience with their order. Fiverr is not punishing sellers because buyers leave honest reviews. There is merely a set mathematical line in metrics, in which an average must be met, in order to maintain certain advantages on this site. If a seller drops down – for any reason – they can rise again 30 days later.

A buyer has the right to leave any review they feel best represents their experience with their order.

No one is disagreeing with that (I think). But we as sellers also have the right to block whoever we want. And I don’t need someone bringing down my rating, especially when I know they are completely satisfied because they told me so.

A buyer has the right to leave any review they feel best represents their experience with their order.

No one is disagreeing with that (I think). But we as sellers also have the right to block whoever we want. And I don’t need someone bringing down my rating, especially when I know they are completely satisfied because they told me so.

I’ve seen users in the past (who have commented here on the forums) who have gotten warnings for blocking people without fair reason. I recommend using that block feature sparingly. If I was Fiverr, I might not like seeing sellers blocking buyers just because they earned positive 4-star reviews.

I’ve seen users in the past (who have commented here on the forums) who have gotten warnings for blocking people without fair reason. I recommend using that block feature sparingly. If I was Fiverr, I might not like seeing sellers blocking buyers just because they earned positive 4-star reviews.

I will take my chances.

As a seller, it’s within my rights to chose not to work with someone for whatever reason. I don’t work with people who leave me less than a 5 star review in most of the cases. And the reason is simple - I don’t want my clients to leave less than satisfied. And if they are not the first time around, it means we are not a good fit, so it’s pointless to keep doing business.

That’s my right as seller and blocking buyers for any reasons doesn’t violates any TOS. We sellers can set our own rules and business strategy as long it’s within the Fiverr rules.

Fiverr is not punishing sellers because buyers leave honest reviews.

Buyers are free to leave honest review, it’s up to them. But I also free to get them out of my mind and avoid working with them in the future orders. Also, getting an overall review below 4.7 causing the sellers to drop their level it’s a not punishment? To me, it is. Since Fiverr itself doesn’t treat a 4.0 star as positive rating, you don’t tell me it’s not a problem.

I have a suspicion that fiverr doesn’t like it when we block buyers for any reason. I had to block 2 people in one week and my gig’s performance went down quite noticeably. Could be a coincidence, of course, but I think it wasn’t. I’d be cautious with the entire “boom, bye!” attitude and reserve the block feature only for the most severe cases.

I just tell people that I don’t feel like I’m a good fit for the project and wish them luck.

A reasonable person will say: “No worries, thank you for your time.” Unreasonable person will resort to insults or threats or start to place orders against your wishes. The former can be blocked with a clear conscience, the later can be blocked and the order can be canceled through CS.

He sounds like a CS bot because he’s pointing that out that it is incorrect to think a buyer owes you something if they write you a 4-star review?

Saying a fact makes a person a bot?

You’re mad because he is speaking the truth and not supporting your unethical, entitled, irrational fantasy. Buyers don’t owe you anything and making them owe you something isn’t going to improve your reviews. All that does is promote bias.

No buyer owes you anything. You don’t punish people for reviewing a certain way. That is so unethical my goodness.

Mod Note: Post edited, to avoid confrontation.

On the OP’s Q Declining to work for that client again because of a 4 Star raping?

If the client paid fairly and wasn’t a pita to work with - Sure.
If they were a pita and paid $5 for 10 hours work - not at all.

So the stars had little to do with it.

While I understand the thing about rankings etc, If I have worked with the same client several times and they always mark me 4 stars, potential buyers who blow me off for that, are clearly too silly for me to be able to work with anyway. Same with anyone who judges me wholly on a line of stars. (I bet they expect me to judge them on more than the size of their chest)

I fear that there are too many looking to scam the system instead of build something that works. I am not biblical but recall a few reminders in there about how that ends: Flood, Tower of Babel, Sodom & Gomorrah…

Let’s get back to focusing on doing Great Work instead of wasting time on how to make less of ourselves.

🙂

Mod Note: Post edited.

He sounds like a CS bot because he’s pointing that out that it is incorrect to think a buyer owes you something if they write you a 4-star review?

You’re mad because he is speaking the truth and not supporting your unethical, entitled, irrational fantasy. Buyers don’t owe you anything and making them owe you something isn’t going to improve your reviews. All that does is promote bias.

No buyer owes you anything. You don’t punish people for reviewing a certain way. That is so unethical my goodness.

You’re putting words in my mouth. I didn’t say buyers have to owe me with anything. I said if it’s just one off buyer and leave me 4 star, I don’t mind it’s totally fine. Plus my nature of gigs doesn’t generally attract returning clients as most of them are just normal end-consumer, not business related. But if they repeating orders and keep giving average review, I have rights to disallow them to use my services, as I feel their action is disruptive to my reputation. Yes, it seems unethical for you, but this is how I run my services, and I have rights to filter my clients. I thought you’re well experienced in this but you have to understand each of us sellers have their own way running their businesses.

Also, I didn’t say the buyer is deserved to be punishable, don’t twist my words. I just filter my clients, plus there are tonnes of other sellers which can fulfill their requirements.

I welcomed some of the criticism and opinions, however, it seems some old-regulars here are quite self-entitled if their opinions are challenged.

OK, back to the topic:

Buyer not owns me anything, they paid and I work. I just dislike they ask for offering, which I gave them half price since they are return buyer and ask for offer, delivery within 24hours and they love the work and gave me 4 stars. I think you must know the feeling if you are me.

I respect my customer that’s why I will work with them, but like some client thought that 4.x stars are perfect for them, they just don’t get used to give full 5 stars for a review, and that’s really bothering fiverr seller. (BIG MATTERS in a long run)

When we are doing freelance online, it’s not like in real life, they come and go. Some we not ever met again after an order, some will return like 4 years and ask for offer, etc. It’s a harsh , yes or no business. Can’t really put much ‘feeling’ to a client else we easily get hurt. (This is my experience on fiverr for a decade).

Peace out.

Mod Note: Post edited, to avoid personal confrontation.

I have a suspicion that fiverr doesn’t like it when we block buyers for any reason. I had to block 2 people in one week and my gig’s performance went down quite noticeably. Could be a coincidence, of course, but I think it wasn’t. I’d be cautious with the entire “boom, bye!” attitude and reserve the block feature only for the most severe cases.

I just tell people that I don’t feel like I’m a good fit for the project and wish them luck.

A reasonable person will say: “No worries, thank you for your time.” Unreasonable person will resort to insults or threats or start to place orders against your wishes. The former can be blocked with a clear conscience, the later can be blocked and the order can be canceled through CS.

That’s not true, could be just a coincidence.

I block some buyer who gave me bad experience in the past and new buyer still coming in.

Fiverr gave us reason why block someone and we can select “Negative past experience”.

One thing I noticed on this topic:

Those who feel matters are TRS.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Of course. If a level 1 or a level 2 seller loses their level because of some lower ratings, they can regain it the next month. If a TRS loses their status because of one buyer who keeps giving them 4 star reviews, they won’t regain it the next month, and they might never become a TRS again.

Anyway, years ago, before monthly evaluations were introduced, I had a buyer who gave me a few 4 star reviews. He liked my work, obviously, otherwise he wouldn’t come back, but he still left 4 star reviews. Back then, I didn’t mind; he was paying, 4 stars is not a terrible rating, there were no bad consequences because of that rating… Not a problem.

These days, though… If a 4 star rating was a one-time thing, no biggie. If someone kept giving me 4 stars, I’d think about telling them that I’m sorry, but I don’t feel that I’m a good match for their needs, and that I’m sure that they’d be much happier with some other seller.

Of course. If a level 1 or a level 2 seller loses their level because of some lower ratings, they can regain it the next month. If a TRS loses their status because of one buyer who keeps giving them 4 star reviews, they won’t regain it the next month, and they might never become a TRS again.

Anyway, years ago, before monthly evaluations were introduced, I had a buyer who gave me a few 4 star reviews. He liked my work, obviously, otherwise he wouldn’t come back, but he still left 4 star reviews. Back then, I didn’t mind; he was paying, 4 stars is not a terrible rating, there were no bad consequences because of that rating… Not a problem.

These days, though… If a 4 star rating was a one-time thing, no biggie. If someone kept giving me 4 stars, I’d think about telling them that I’m sorry, but I don’t feel that I’m a good match for their needs, and that I’m sure that they’d be much happier with some other seller.

You’re right.

But he will tell us it’s totally fine to wait another TRS evaluation else you are really impatient. LOL.

That’s kind of bot comment really pissed me off, like I didn’t know how fiverr works.

That’s not true, could be just a coincidence.

I block some buyer who gave me bad experience in the past and new buyer still coming in.

Fiverr gave us reason why block someone and we can select “Negative past experience”.

The entire thing in a non-argument, to be honest. Do the buyers have the right to rate you 4* all the time? Of course they do.

Do I need to work with someone who might not be satisfied 100% every time but chooses not to express why thus putting extra stress on me when we work together? No, I don’t. I like it when my buyers communicate with me clearly.

Well, my orders didn’t stop, they slowed down. And I blocked 2 people in 7 days. It was one of those weeks. 🙂 But it better be a coincidence, for sure.

Obviously, my work speaks for itself, I believe I have render a service worth of 5 star rating, so why give me 4 star. But some buyers are always unsatisfactory. I believe in open communication anyway. In this case, I won’t accept more than two (4star) from such buyer. Anything more than that is a show of sub-standard of my work and I won’t accept that.

Archived