Fiverr forum use

emmakwamboka

I was only saying what could be the cause of such an idea. There are lot of how to succeed in Fiverr articles, books, even seminars that you actually have to pay to attend, teach these tricks. Not saying they are true.

I was only saying what could be the cause of such an idea. There are lot of how to succeed in Fiverr articles, books, even seminars that you actually have to pay to attend, teach these tricks. Not saying they are true.

Yeah, I know that, I wasn’t saying that you believe them!

It just amazes me that people believe this stuff!

Technically

I don’t follow?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll actually be happy to pay $5 for forum posts (not on the Fiverr forum) which result in $50 orders placed with me on Fiverr by LEVEL HEADED HUMAN BEINGS.

A basic condition, of course, would that I would only pay for posts which resulted in orders.

In fact, some people are so out to lunch I might just try this.

LOL like seriously 🤨 if people get money by just posting on the forum then they don’t need to put hard work on their gigs :woman_facepalming:

LOL like seriously 🤨 if people get money by just posting on the forum then they don’t need to put hard work on their gigs :woman_facepalming:

That is EXACTLY why certain new sellers buy into that junk. They want Fiverr to be a get-rich-quick website, where all they have to do is set up a gig, and instantly get rich. They have no idea how freelancing works, and they have no interest in doing any work to earn anything.

I weep for future generations. So many of the young people I see these days seem to believe that entitlement is a right – they feel they deserve whatever they want, merely because they want it. In reality, however, that kind of entitlement usually ends up in complete and abject failure. No business has ever achieved greatness without hard work, sacrifice, and determination.

So many new sellers (usually the ones coming to Fiverr after reading the “guru garbage” from those internet articles and stupid how-to videos) fail because they refuse to do any work to become successful. They just don’t view work as a component to success. And then many of them get mad at us veterans who keep telling them to do work to earn their success.

Success is NOT a right. No one deserves success.

But anyone can EARN it with hard work, sacrifice and determination.

That is EXACTLY why certain new sellers buy into that junk. They want Fiverr to be a get-rich-quick website, where all they have to do is set up a gig, and instantly get rich. They have no idea how freelancing works, and they have no interest in doing any work to earn anything.

I weep for future generations. So many of the young people I see these days seem to believe that entitlement is a right – they feel they deserve whatever they want, merely because they want it. In reality, however, that kind of entitlement usually ends up in complete and abject failure. No business has ever achieved greatness without hard work, sacrifice, and determination.

So many new sellers (usually the ones coming to Fiverr after reading the “guru garbage” from those internet articles and stupid how-to videos) fail because they refuse to do any work to become successful. They just don’t view work as a component to success. And then many of them get mad at us veterans who keep telling them to do work to earn their success.

My God. Is there no one who doesn’t work for my local mafia don?

@jonbaas you should’ve ended your comment with this…

Nuff said! You deserve a medal :medal_military:

ObamaMicDrop.gif.f5200e85413226deb7921b4d90a1a448.gif

Totally agree with you, some people think freelancing is a piece of cake but it ain’t. Success doesn’t come overnight it demands to burn the midnight oil and sincere hard work.

I agree with you,

hard work, sacrifice and determination

But Just hard work, sacrifice and determination seems to do it all back then, now its more about ‘working smart’ and of course sacrifice and determination.

I feel this should be made into a T-shirt range along with other @jonbaas quotes.

The range would be called Freelancer Baasics.

I feel this should be made into a T-shirt range along with other @jonbaas quotes.

I like the way you think. 😉

Guest jenihiggs

Actually there are posts telling to post on the Fiverr forum glorifying Fiverr. The reasoning is that it will help a Level 2 seller to be considered for TRS and other sellers will be rewarded with more impressions.

No wonder I see so many Forum users liking anything and everything. In some cases, they like posts that should not in any way be given a ❤️ but never participate.

Well, the lurking I understand. I do that a ton. When I first started on Fiverr, I jumped onto the forum and tried to be active and I got a lot of snark in response to my first few comments. One when I was actually just trying to be helpful and answer the poster’s question. Snark is kind of the culture of this forum, and not everybody is comfortable participating when the culture isn’t friendly.

This isn’t the scariest place on the internet, but it’s not the friendliest either. I like to read through the posts and keep up with what’s going on, but I don’t participate a lot.

Well, the lurking I understand. I do that a ton. When I first started on Fiverr, I jumped onto the forum and tried to be active and I got a lot of snark in response to my first few comments. One when I was actually just trying to be helpful and answer the poster’s question. Snark is kind of the culture of this forum, and not everybody is comfortable participating when the culture isn’t friendly.

This isn’t the scariest place on the internet, but it’s not the friendliest either. I like to read through the posts and keep up with what’s going on, but I don’t participate a lot.

Snark is kind of the culture of this forum, and not everybody is comfortable participating when the culture isn’t friendly.

I think most of that “snark”, though, is a result of the many new sellers that come to the forum and beg for success, but are neither willing to listen to the advice they receive, nor put it into action. They seem to want the results, without accepting the process to earn those results.

The more foolish “make me successful right now!” demands that this forum sees, the less likely other successful sellers are to want to be nice and coddle those who refuse to accept work as the most important element to success. Snark and sarcasm are a reasonable way to infuse a light-hearted tone into the vapid and unending “give me sells” demands.

You’re so lovely! I’m sorry if I was ever snarky to you. You are too good for this forum world. God bless you. 🙂 (All this meant in completely non-snarky, fully sincere way).

Oopps I replied to myself! :rofl:

@jenihiggs I understand about wanting to

read through the posts and keep up with what’s going on.

The lurkers 👀 I was referring to are those that

like posts that should not in any way be given a ❤️! These same people almost never comment on anything.

I think these people read somewhere that giving a lot of likes on the Forum advances them in their sales somehow. Or maybe they are trying to become Regulars on the Forum. :thinking:

I jumped onto the forum and tried to be active and I got a lot of snark in response to my first few comments.

I am sorry to hear that. But I will not say it does not happen here.

I agree with my loquacious friend

You’re so lovely!

On 4/11/2018 at 4:48 PM, cyaxrex said:

You’re so lovely! I’m sorry if I was ever snarky to you. You are too good for this forum world. God bless you. 🙂 (All this meant in completely non-snarky, fully sincere way).

It’s nice to see your softer side. 😄 In fact, I think this is the sweetest thing you’ve ever posted. :thinking:

Boys take notice, being a manly man isn’t always necessary. 😎

When I first started on Fiverr, I jumped onto the forum and tried to be active and I got a lot of snark in response to my first few comments.

Visit more often, I ❤️

On 4/11/2018 at 4:57 PM, cyaxrex said:

Since the last one escaped I’ve been having the hardest time imaginable with the Russian embassy.

That might be your problem. The dateable women just don’t hang out at national embassies. Might I suggest a more local establishment – like a club, church, or community gathering? 😉

On 4/11/2018 at 5:06 PM, jonbaas said:

Might I suggest a more local establishment – like a club, church, or community gathering? 😉

Sadly, I live on a very small island and I’m actually band from all such gatherings. This and self-exiled from others due to the fact that I can’t remember how many people I told I invested early in Bitcoin.

This year is all about keeping a low profile before jetting off in October to start a new life of real digital nomading.

It’s nice to see your softer side. 😄 In fact, I think this is the sweetest thing you’ve ever posted. :thinking:

Boys take notice, being a manly man isn’t always necessary. 😎

When I first started on Fiverr, I jumped onto the forum and tried to be active and I got a lot of snark in response to my first few comments.

Visit more often, I ❤️

Snark is kind of the culture of this forum,

I think there are a lot of really nice people here. No one is perfect however.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:54 PM, misscrystal said:

I think there are a lot of really nice people here. No one is perfect however.

I agree with MissC on this. I think in a community this big you are going to have a lot of differing opinions, beliefs, feelings, cultures, etc. So, you do have to develop a thicker skin but there are some awesome people on here who really care about their hard-working colleagues.

Snark and sarcasm are a reasonable way to infuse a light-hearted tone into the vapid and unending “give me sells” demands.

I think this is true too. It really depends on the way it’s said. I see two kinds of snark and sarcasm on the forum. One is mean-spirited and people make fun of new users just to make themselves feel good. Being openly mean just for personal gratification or calling names isn’t nice and should be flagged, IMO.

There is another kind of humor that you see on any big forum and it can include good-natured teasing, responding to silly questions with a little dry wit, etc. It isn’t intended to be mean, it is just a way of coping with seeing the same questions repeatedly, often by people who did not even try to help themselves first. Sometimes I see people cry “bully!” because they are told that they will have do actual work to sell here. 😃

Archived