frank_d

poll  

132 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Pricing Your Service
    • Customer Service Framework
    • Frank’s Gig Performance Optimization Process
    • Negotiation Tactics
    • Closing Leads Like Frank (real examples of how I landed big accounts)

OK almost there people!

Here’s the link for anyone who wants to watch:

I will try my best to keep the lecture short and sweet, will try it some visual aids if there’s enough time for me to test before going live.

Super excited about this week’s subject!

Hope to see you there!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK almost there people!

Here’s the link for anyone who wants to watch:

I will try my best to keep the lecture short and sweet, will try it some visual aids if there’s enough time for me to test before going live.

Super excited about this week’s subject!

Hope to see you there!

What do we get this time, 42 band aids or 5 conspiracy theories? 😉

What do we get this time, 42 band aids or 5 conspiracy theories? 😉

Tonight’s lecture will most definitely disappoint anyone looking for a hack, or shortcut or any sort of way to just click a few things and see their gig start to perform as if it were on steroids.

I will try to demonstrate how to implement core marketing and sales principles into your gig creation/editing so that you can create a checklist and frame work that can be replicated with consistent results.

Tonight’s lecture will most definitely disappoint anyone looking for a hack, or shortcut or any sort of way to just click a few things and see their gig start to perform as if it were on steroids.

I will try to demonstrate how to implement core marketing and sales principles into your gig creation/editing so that you can create a checklist and frame work that can be replicated with consistent results.

Dang, no steroids? Well, I’ll check in anyway, just to not miss any potential conspiracy theories 😉

@frank_d I really think you should make these steam visible to all new users… 🙂
As this is educational for them…make these a pinned topic on the forum if there’s a way…

I had a few inquiries on “can you help me get some work” or “can I be your assistant” requests… hmm…

@frank_d I really think you should make these steam visible to all new users… 🙂

As this is educational for them…make these a pinned topic on the forum if there’s a way…

I had a few inquiries on “can you help me get some work” or “can I be your assistant” requests… hmm…

make these steam visible to all new users…

It is visible to everyone who looks.

The trouble is, way too many new users don’t search at all, they just post “gimme orders” and “how do I mek sells” topics without bothering to read anything.

Only had the time to watch your 2nd video now, it was very informative and amazing.
Also, I really like the idea of the mentoring group, would love to be a part of it but 50 dollars per month is really expensive for new freelancers like me to join with the little information there is about the group.

Thankyou for helping us though!
Keep it up, you are doing an amazing job.

@frank_d Frank,

Have you heard of StreamYard ? It might be a good solution if you want a Seller Panel discussion.

favicon-16x16.png.4b51ece6ccef4322679c315c09dc4232.png streamyard.com
og.png.2079ccd8c1004fb5f51204d3ff382f95.png

StreamYard | Browser-based live studio for professionals

Engage your Facebook, or YouTube, Live audience with interviews and shows; all the tools you need for professional shows right in your browser.

Several of my favorite YouTubers use this

Only had the time to watch your 2nd video now, it was very informative and amazing.

Also, I really like the idea of the mentoring group, would love to be a part of it but 50 dollars per month is really expensive for new freelancers like me to join with the little information there is about the group.

Thankyou for helping us though!

Keep it up, you are doing an amazing job.

Hey @manasyewale thank you for watching my stream, hope you can join us live on the next one.

I wanted to address what you just said. My mentoring group is not geared towards brand new sellers and I do understand that financially it may not make much sense to spend that amount when you are making less than $1k per month from your freelancing services.

However my question to you is this: how much do you value a growth in sales and revenue? $5? $15? I’m curious to see what your POV is.

My mentoring group is mostly for people who have a steady income from freelancing (regardless of platform) and they want to grow.

It is a private slack channel, where I offer daily support on all registered members, by answering questions, critique on their craft or gigs, and offering actionable advice. Plus once a week we have a call where we cover one specific module, with a lecture, exercises role playing and follow-ups to see what works for each student and why.

Thank you for the tip @leejohnsonvideo looks like a great tool, will definitely try it out!

Hey @manasyewale thank you for watching my stream, hope you can join us live on the next one.

I wanted to address what you just said. My mentoring group is not geared towards brand new sellers and I do understand that financially it may not make much sense to spend that amount when you are making less than $1k per month from your freelancing services.

However my question to you is this: how much do you value a growth in sales and revenue? $5? $15? I’m curious to see what your POV is.

My mentoring group is mostly for people who have a steady income from freelancing (regardless of platform) and they want to grow.

It is a private slack channel, where I offer daily support on all registered members, by answering questions, critique on their craft or gigs, and offering actionable advice. Plus once a week we have a call where we cover one specific module, with a lecture, exercises role playing and follow-ups to see what works for each student and why.

Thank you for the tip @leejohnsonvideo looks like a great tool, will definitely try it out!

Thankyou, I will definitely try to join next time.

I started selling 3 months ago, first 2 months averaged around 200 dollars and almost 1000 dollars in the 3rd month but my sales have been slump this month around.

I have read 100+ forum pages to understand fiverr.

It consumes a lot of time and your mentoring group is the perfect solution to understand everything without spending a lot of time.

Been new to freelancing, I would love to be a part of your mentoring group, it will help me grow immensely but I am still not sure if the last month was an exception or norm.

I would definitely like to grow and do not mind paying 50 dollars if I get 1000 dollars per month.

As of now, I am not sure if I will keep growing my monthly income from freelancing. I am not sure if this is steady income though because of how less time I have spent on this website.

Once I have passed the 6 months mark, I would definitely know the answer and join the mentoring group.

I would love to be a part of the group though 🙂

You are doing great work.

I have so many trying to copy me I should start a mentoring group. :roll_eyes:

Well in my mind those are two Completely separate things.

You are successful in your niche and so people on the other side of the fence try to replicate what they have access to.

Your title, packages description, gig description, tags, and so on.

I have at least 1-2 sellers per month who don’t just stop there but also download and present my demo videos as their own.

So people in general try to reach the same level of success as you enjoy by straight up faking it in the hopes that they make it.

If you do have a frame work that’s been tested and can be replicated, and you also enjoy teaching then yes you should definitely consider it. 🙂

Well in my mind those are two Completely separate things.

You are successful in your niche and so people on the other side of the fence try to replicate what they have access to.

Your title, packages description, gig description, tags, and so on.

I have at least 1-2 sellers per month who don’t just stop there but also download and present my demo videos as their own.

So people in general try to reach the same level of success as you enjoy by straight up faking it in the hopes that they make it.

If you do have a frame work that’s been tested and can be replicated, and you also enjoy teaching then yes you should definitely consider it. 🙂

If you do have a frame work that’s been tested and can be replicated, and you also enjoy teaching then yes you should definitely consider it

Frank I have a lifetime of experiences. That’s what goes into what I do. I wasn’t being serious when I said that.

Haha, I think all the top rated seller in their category should have one. It will be good side income as well.

in their category

That’s a good point. General info and mentoring is good but on Fiverr, there are quite a few things and differences due to which category you’re in.

How can you teach people to be responsible about doing orders, about customer relationships, about actually doing what is amazing work every time on every order? About how to communicate? How to interact? It’s not just making some gigs. It’s everything. The whole package. The clients getting more than they ever expected from you. You cannot make someone into a copy of yourself.

I’m not selling gigs, I’m selling me. What I do and what I know. Just as you are selling you. No one is going to come along and be a copy of Frank, with his knowledge and intelligence. You can’t teach that. You came to be what you are through all the things you’ve done and achieved and learned over many years. You can’t minimize that into “make a gig like this and you will be a success”.

That’s part of the “unique” concept that many people don’t get. It’s not just or not necessarily a super unique gig that will be copied quickly anyway but the whole package that the seller represents and which is impossible to copy even for copycats who don’t even stop at “identity theft”. It might work a bit and you might dupe a few people for a bit but you better put your time in figuring out and being the real you.

How can you teach people to be responsible about doing orders, about customer relationships, about actually doing what is amazing work every time on every order? About how to communicate? How to interact? It’s not just making some gigs. It’s everything. The whole package. The clients getting more than they ever expected from you. You cannot make someone into a copy of yourself.

I’m not selling gigs, I’m selling me. What I do and what I know. Just as you are selling you. No one is going to come along and be a copy of Frank, with his knowledge and intelligence. You can’t teach that. You came to be what you are through all the things you’ve done and achieved and learned over many years. You can’t minimize that into “make a gig like this and you will be a success”.

Ofcourse but that is not how this works. If everyone thought like you, there would not be any universities, colleges or education industry.

What you have to do is become a mentor, show them the correct path of their journey. This will definitely not make them your replica but it will definitely speed up their progress towards success in the field.

Maybe what took you 5 years to achieve, they can achieve in less than a year with your guidance. Suppose you tell them what worked for you, it may or may not work for them but it will definitely help them understand the general process and it will encourage to create something of their own.

Like you said, most people might be here to copy your gig and get quick buck but you will most definitely find genuine people as well.

Ofcourse but that is not how this works. If everyone thought like you, there would not be any universities, colleges or education industry.

What you have to do is become a mentor, show them the correct path of their journey. This will definitely not make them your replica but it will definitely speed up their progress towards success in the field.

Maybe what took you 5 years to achieve, they can achieve in less than a year with your guidance. Suppose you tell them what worked for you, it may or may not work for them but it will definitely help them understand the general process and it will encourage to create something of their own.

Like you said, most people might be here to copy your gig and get quick buck but you will most definitely find genuine people as well.

Maybe what took you 5 years to achieve, they can achieve in less than a year with your guidance.

Well, how much are you willing to pay?

I believe in the UK, 1-year of UK university education costs $10,000. You might get freelancing results faster with my mentoring. However, mentoring you is going to take time away from me running my business. Neither am I willing to giveaway my experience for free. In this case, a fair price would be $10K paid upfront for 4-hours of weekly lectures.

Sound reasonable?

Maybe what took you 5 years to achieve, they can achieve in less than a year with your guidance.

Well, how much are you willing to pay?

I believe in the UK, 1-year of UK university education costs $10,000. You might get freelancing results faster with my mentoring. However, mentoring you is going to take time away from me running my business. Neither am I willing to giveaway my experience for free. In this case, a fair price would be $10K paid upfront for 4-hours of weekly lectures.

Sound reasonable?

I do not think anyone will give 10000 dollars for an online mentor.

What you can do is, find few people to mentor first hand and understand what kind of learning everyone needs. Try to find a pattern and general questions everyone asks.

Once you are ready with this, make a course that answers all this questions. This part will take a lot of time but will be really rewarding.

Now you can sell this course and everything will be passive income coming from this.

You can also make a monthly subscription service for people who want to join and provide weekly doubt clearing sessions like Frank is planning to do I think

I do not think anyone will give 10000 dollars for an online mentor.

What you can do is, find few people to mentor first hand and understand what kind of learning everyone needs. Try to find a pattern and general questions everyone asks.

Once you are ready with this, make a course that answers all this questions. This part will take a lot of time but will be really rewarding.

Now you can sell this course and everything will be passive income coming from this.

You can also make a monthly subscription service for people who want to join and provide weekly doubt clearing sessions like Frank is planning to do I think

You missed my whole point. I can’t even explain it so what does that tell you? And it didn’t take me five years. It’s taken my whole life. It’s me. I can’t tell someone how to be me.

I’ve had an education, jobs, and experiences leading up to what I do now. It’s all combined into one person.

I can’t even tell the mek sells here on this forum what to do so they get it.

You missed my whole point. I can’t even explain it so what does that tell you? And it didn’t take me five years. It’s taken my whole life. It’s me. I can’t tell someone how to be me.

I’ve had an education, jobs, and experiences leading up to what I do now. It’s all combined into one person.

I can’t even tell the mek sells here on this forum what to do so they get it.

It’s me. I can’t tell someone how to be me.

All these people think that there is some trick or method we all know that helps us achieve a degree of success they aren’t able to.

These people can’t comprehend the fact that someone selling successfully has fine tuned their talents over the course of several years. They think that all they need to know is where to position what keyword in a gig title, where to post an ad online, how to write a gig description and bingo, the only difference between you and them will be the fact that you have more reviews because you have been here longer.

They all also seem to be under the impression that you owe them some kind of mentoring. :thinking:

Archived