How To Spot Potentiality In New Sellers?

nyantsa

On 8/11/2021 at 11:25 PM, rakib_sarker said:

Firstly, Try to see their work experience, portfolio and also review from  the other buyers.
If you will post a buyer request there will come lots of newbie who are not Good 
At first check seller gig, Read the gig description and also you can visit their profile.

If it's able to make you impressed by their straight forward describe then contact the seller and discuss details about the project then if you will feel all right
 then put the order. Hope this post help you to get the best seller.

You are wrong, so you was a while ago also a newbie, so you shouldnt say that.

• Like 65
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2021 at 12:20 AM, abubokkor09 said:

How do you know that Newbies are not good? And will you explain me why they are not good?

I don't say newbie is not good.There are many new seller who is very good.My post topic is how to get best newbie.An expert new bie have lot of sample of their work.When buyer contact with them they can show their portfoilo but if they failed to show their portfolio or failed to impressed buyer then buyer can move to other seller

On 10/23/2021 at 10:17 AM, oskars25 said:

You are wrong, so you was a while ago also a newbie, so you shouldnt say that.

New bie is not good it's totally wrong. There are many expert new bie. When you are a new seller, so how can buyer think you can do their task? If you are really good then you can show your sample of works. Your sample can impressed the buyer. If buyer contact with them they can show their portfoilo but if they failed to show their portfolio

On 10/21/2021 at 12:22 AM, zanrakim said:

And What  about the new seller? Their are many potential new seller who are join Fiverr in every day. One day they will become one of the best sellers here.

Make portfoilo. Your sample of works can help you a lot to get the order.

• Like 71
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 2:21 PM, theratypist said:

The problem is all new sellers will likely have "expert" written on their description

Ask for referrals and to see some of their finished work. Contact some of their former clients. This should help weed out the so-called experts from the real ones. 

• Like 59

On 11/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, savvycolleen said:

Ask for referrals and to see some of their finished work. Contact some of their former clients. This should help weed out the so-called experts from the real ones. 

Do you mean as a customer on Fiverr? If I was customer (on Fiverr) I would likely just base it on their portfolio that is already shown on the profile, how they communicate with me and reviews from previous buyers. The whole conversation should stay within the platform, so referrals and contacting clients would be considered an odd practice here. 

• Like 68
  • Up 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2021 at 6:18 PM, servicestore85 said:

You should follow every top-rated seller who was a new seller once a time. New sellers always try to make you 100% satisfied and take a small amount cause they need to grow their account. But if you do not filter new sellers you will get a bad experience with them. You should check his experience level, his behavior, communication, and previous work. If you can find an expert new seller you will get proper support for your project and spend a little buck.

Here are some tips for finding expert new seller-

1. Expert new seller always have good communication skill

2. Seller understand what you need

3. Seller will provide his previous work and showcase his expertise

4. Seller will never focus on budget, he will focus on doing your project

You need to always check new expertise either you will experience a bad situation. But never suppose every new seller is a fraud and not an expert. There are lots of people has successfully local business or client but they are want to start on Fiverr, now he can't jump top-rated seller he will start from a new seller.

New seller like me are always ready to deliver perfect project 

• Like 52

• 2 weeks later...

i totally agree with you , i have a lot of clients in real life but since i joined fiverr its feels like you just started it needs a little of pation thats it , and to the costumer to pick a look on the new sellers cuz sometimes they are better than the other levels and cheaper !

• Like 48

On 8/15/2021 at 10:18 AM, servicestore85 said:

You should follow every top-rated seller who was a new seller once a time. New sellers always try to make you 100% satisfied and take a small amount cause they need to grow their account. But if you do not filter new sellers you will get a bad experience with them. You should check his experience level, his behavior, communication, and previous work. If you can find an expert new seller you will get proper support for your project and spend a little buck.

Here are some tips for finding expert new seller-

1. Expert new seller always have good communication skill

2. Seller understand what you need

3. Seller will provide his previous work and showcase his expertise

4. Seller will never focus on budget, he will focus on doing your project

You need to always check new expertise either you will experience a bad situation. But never suppose every new seller is a fraud and not an expert. There are lots of people has successfully local business or client but they are want to start on Fiverr, now he can't jump top-rated seller he will start from a new seller.

Well written but buyers are always looking for someone experienced.

• Like 49
  • Thanks 3

On 1/12/2022 at 8:38 PM, ashakh said:

Well written but buyers are always looking for someone experienced.

Could you please tell me what do you mean by experienced? Any new seller are not an experienced? I have create Fiverr account 2020 march. But for some business I was absent on Fiverr. Again I start before 2months. In this short time I saw many of Level1 and level2 seller. As a graphic designer I can say many of level1/level2 seller make there gig image by stock image and many level1 and level2 designers didn't know design principles. Their design quality is very weak but review 5*.

If its the condition of expert seller(not everyone) how could buyer identify the real expert?

• Like 46

On 1/17/2022 at 11:33 AM, raselahmed666 said:

New sellers provide Quality work with  reasonable price with honesty

I understand why you want to make that claim, but please tell us about how you surveyed the millions of new sellers and determined their work quality and honesty. Or is this simply extracted from your nether region for the sake of making a sale?

• Like 43
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

On 9/20/2021 at 4:44 PM, silvertech1337 said:
  • Ask Technical questions regarding their area of expertise.
  • Ask for their recent or prior work experiences.
  • Ask them why as I buyer I choose you?
  • Ask for their Portfolio.
  • Describe your job and ask them to provide best possible solutions
  • Ask them if they're a Freelancer or working in an Agency.

These are the questions help you to know about their Experience as well as the expertise, so you better know if he/she is the right for your work.

Addition: you should always ask if they understand the job requirements well and can he/she provide a sample before diving into the real work. So that you can know you both are on the same page.

• Like 44

10 hours ago, leadgenhub said:

ask if they understand the job requirements well and can he/she provide a sample before diving into the real work

Actually, samples are usually discouraged here. It is a sure fire way to get ripped off as a seller. Asking for samples is the sign of an amateur or dishonest buyer and providing them is the sign of a noob seller who will regret it. Better to save yourself the trouble and just hire a L2, TRS or PRO seller. Simple. 

• Like 42
  • Up 5

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

Actually, samples are usually discouraged here. It is a sure fire way to get ripped off as a seller. Asking for samples is the sign of an amateur or dishonest buyer and providing them is the sign of a noob seller who will regret it. Better to save yourself the trouble and just hire a L2, TRS or PRO seller. Simple. 

@newsmike, that's a good point though. But the thread was about the "major questions to ask a New seller to know their Capabilities". If everything's on the table and he/she properly understand what you require, then the new sellers can perform pretty well and you will get their full "do or die" effort. Both are winner in that case.

• Like 45

On 9/20/2021 at 6:44 AM, silvertech1337 said:

Ask Technical questions regarding their area of expertise.

What technical questions? If my clients understand the topic enough to ask technical questions then they can do a job themselves, they don’t need my expertise 

Ask for their recent or prior work experiences.

It is very clearly displayed in my gig and you can see all my recent work with my reviews and in my gig gallery

Ask them why as I buyer I choose you?

Are we on the job interview? I’m not going to convince buyers to choose me if they are still not convinced after they saw my style, my portfolio and what I can do for them. 

Ask for their Portfolio.

That’s almost an immediate block of a buyer for me. You can see my portfolio in my gig portfolio! If they were lazy enough to just scroll through my gallery then I can’t help that person. And besides I’m not a mind reader to show you examples of my work: in what style? What do you need? What are you looking for? Just give me a brief and I’ll tell you if the right person for this.

Ask them if they're a Freelancer or working in an Agency.

What’s the difference it going to make?  

to be honest pretty useless questions to ask. 

• Like 39
  • Up 11

• frank_d locked this topic
  • 9 months later...

1: They are easy to access you can communicate with them almost 24/7

2: You can hire them at an affordable price

3: They give 100% afford to satisfy his/her clients because they want to grow their business with some positive reviews.

4: As they are new, they don’t have much work, so can deliver their job so quickly.

5: After work, a new seller can give multiple times of revisions. 

So, you should not miss the opportunity to work with a new freelancer. 

Edited by ahmed_faroquee
  • Like 62
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 8