How To Spot Potentiality In New Sellers?

nyantsa

What are your thoughts on: profiles with gigs that drastically differ (to the point of being in majorly different categories), and profiles with gigs that are all similar but are actually carefully crafted to offer unique services?

Post with different categories can be a sign of skillset within a seller itself,

But again, it can be another “I just want to make money fast” scheme, since it has been widely popular to create gigs in different categories so that the seller can have more buyer requests access.

In this case I would suggest to see if the seller has done some tests in Fiverr to justify his/her claims about a particular service

And similar gigs carefully crafted can be a sign of someone who really knows what he or she is doing. Therefore he/she would offer the right gig service to the right person (like a niche).

Top Rated sellers do this as I observed. They may offer you a vector tracing of a 3D image and a vector tracing for a flat image, which are really different things in the design world. But from a buyer’s perspective it’s still vector tracing. So we can say this gig strategy is used to address to specific buyers.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

I would agree with what you’ve put. Certainly, when I was a new seller I made mistakes. However, I did try and have a good description and some FAQs to start me off. At first, I used a snap of me as the gig image but then I moved to using a pro photo, which I think helps.

Jim

PS, I’m sorry but with my proofreader/copy editor’s hat on…it’s not “further due” it’s “further ado.”

• Like 18
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I would agree with what you’ve put. Certainly, when I was a new seller I made mistakes. However, I did try and have a good description and some FAQs to start me off. At first, I used a snap of me as the gig image but then I moved to using a pro photo, which I think helps.

Jim

PS, I’m sorry but with my proofreader/copy editor’s hat on…it’s not “further due” it’s “further ado.”

Very good information

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Post with different categories can be a sign of skillset within a seller itself,

But again, it can be another “I just want to make money fast” scheme, since it has been widely popular to create gigs in different categories so that the seller can have more buyer requests access.

In this case I would suggest to see if the seller has done some tests in Fiverr to justify his/her claims about a particular service

And similar gigs carefully crafted can be a sign of someone who really knows what he or she is doing. Therefore he/she would offer the right gig service to the right person (like a niche).

Top Rated sellers do this as I observed. They may offer you a vector tracing of a 3D image and a vector tracing for a flat image, which are really different things in the design world. But from a buyer’s perspective it’s still vector tracing. So we can say this gig strategy is used to address to specific buyers.

Hello. Thanks for the useful information although I am a seller 🙏

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...