How To Spot Potentiality In New Sellers?

nyantsa

47 minutes ago, ahmed_faroquee said:

So, you should not miss the opportunity to work with a new freelancer

Out of all of these points - what is something that a non-new seller can't offer? I'm honestly curious because some of your points suggest that only new freelancers try their hardest / respond on time / etc. because all others are busy.

• Like 65
  • Confused 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, katakatica said:

Out of all of these points - what is something that a non-new seller can't offer? I'm honestly curious because some of your points suggest that only new freelancers try their hardest / respond on time / etc. because all others are busy.

katakatica, Thanks for your valuable opinion,

I got your point.

Definitely, non-new freelancers can get an offer, they have already proved themselves that they are qualified.

But I said only from the new seller's point of view because the usually new seller isn't trusted by buyers, they don't have reviews on their new account, so, some buyers don't hire them. 

So, We should give some opportunities to new sellers if they are capable of our jobs. New sellers are also skillful, I believe. If they get a chance, they give more outstanding services than non-new freelancers in some cases. 

Yeah, I agree with you on one point, there are some new sellers who are really not enough skillful, in this case, you have to examine them. Actually, everything depends on you, after communication if you think, this is good, he/she got my requirements, then you can pick them.

Edited by ahmed_faroquee
  • Like 60
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't know if you post this from the point of view of a new seller or a buyer.

If it's from a buyers point if view, it really sounds like, "take a new seller, he's desperate enough to do it cheap and with unlimited revisions", as your points 2, 3 and 5 seems to imply.

• Like 58
  • Confused 1

I'm 99% sure this exact post (re-worded) was already posted in the past. I remember quite a long conversation about these points. Besides potential copying, the problem with these points is they are either not true or not specific to new sellers.

1: They are easy to access you can communicate with them almost 24/7

Everyone on Fiverr is accessible or we risk demotion. 24/7 is a bad idea for everyone. People need sleep and work/life balance.

2: You can hire them at an affordable price

Not all of the, and there are plenty of experienced sellers who also offer affordable pricing.

3: They give 100% afford to satisfy his/her clients because they want to grow their business with some positive reviews.

So do established sellers. Who wants a bad review? No one.

4: As they are new, they don’t have much work, so can deliver their job so quickly.

If they don't have much work, it might be a sign they do not deliver what people want. Also, successful sellers deliver on time. If they do not, they wouldn't be successful.

5: After work, a new seller can give multiple times of revisions. 

Again, so too do some experienced sellers.

Every buyer should carefully choose the best seller who is most likely to satisfy their needs. 

• Like 84
  • Confused 1
  • Up 8

I am buyer and do not have a seller's account here. I have no problems in buying the services from new sellers. The only issue is when as buyer I am forced to differentiate among honest, bragging and boasting sellers. I bought some services from all kinds of sellers. Some believed they are not less than God especially in the field of SEO. None of them were able to establish their so called magical skills. 

• Like 61
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, melanielm said:

I'm 99% sure this exact post (re-worded) was already posted in the past. I remember quite a long conversation about these points. Besides potential copying, the problem with these points is they are either not true or not specific to new sellers.

1: They are easy to access you can communicate with them almost 24/7

Everyone on Fiverr is accessible or we risk demotion. 24/7 is a bad idea for everyone. People need sleep and work/life balance.

2: You can hire them at an affordable price

Not all of the, and there are plenty of experienced sellers who also offer affordable pricing.

3: They give 100% afford to satisfy his/her clients because they want to grow their business with some positive reviews.

So do established sellers. Who wants a bad review? No one.

4: As they are new, they don’t have much work, so can deliver their job so quickly.

If they don't have much work, it might be a sign they do not deliver what people want. Also, successful sellers deliver on time. If they do not, they wouldn't be successful.

5: After work, a new seller can give multiple times of revisions. 

Again, so too do some experienced sellers.

Every buyer should carefully choose the best seller who is most likely to satisfy their needs.

Hey, rabihumakhan

Thanks for your constructive criticism, I appreciate you.

Now I want to say something, please read it calmly. I think you are so a desperate person. I have already perceived you are an over intellectual personality.

With due respect, I think, most of the points you are biased about something and your opinion points are so shaky.

Point-00: I'm 99% sure this exact post (re-worded) was already posted in the past. I remember quite a long conversation about these points. Besides potential copying, the problem with these points is they are either not true or not specific to new sellers.

=> I don't copy this post anywhere, if it matched the previous post, it was totally unintentional. 

Point-01: Everyone on Fiverr is accessible or we risk demotion. 24/7 is a bad idea for everyone. People need sleep and work/life balance.

=> As an intellectual personality you should understand what is the difference between METAPHORIC TERM and LITERAL TERM . As a human being we need to sleep, eat, entertain, have family, personal issues, friends, sickness bla bla.....Who doesn't know this?? I just said 24/7 access a METAPHORIC TERM. I meant it maximum time activeness of new sellers.

Point-02: Not all of the, and there are plenty of experienced sellers who also offer affordable pricing.

=> Perfectly said you are right. I agree with you but I just said it from the perspective of a new seller.

Pont-03: So do established sellers. Who wants a bad review? No one.

=> Yes, Every seller wants to have good reviews and try to provide the best services for his/her clients because it's his/her business. So, new sellers don't belong to the out-of-box. They want also. 

Point-04: If they don't have much work, it might be a sign they do not deliver what people want. Also, successful sellers deliver on time. If they do not, they wouldn't be successful.

=> You are right about your own personal point of view. You should also know, new sellers don't means they don't have any skill, before coming online marketplace he/she may be developed his/her skill in a proper way. He/she may intern job in his/her local marketplace or may be working in another online marketplace just new in Fiverr. So, you can not ignore them.

Point-05: Again, so too do some experienced sellers.

=> Right. But New sellers also do more than that. 

Ponit-06: Every buyer should carefully choose the best seller who is most likely to satisfy their needs.

=> Exactly. It totally depends on the buyer. They are smarter than you and I.

Edited by ahmed_faroquee
  • Like 54
  • Confused 2
  • Up 3

8 hours ago, mahendrasing981 said:

I am buyer and do not have a seller's account here. I have no problems in buying the services from new sellers. The only issue is when as buyer I am forced to differentiate among honest, bragging and boasting sellers. I bought some services from all kinds of sellers. Some believed they are not less than God especially in the field of SEO. None of them were able to establish their so called magical skills. 

"The only issue is when as buyer I am forced to differentiate among honest, bragging and boasting sellers." 

Most valuable sentence!!! I think so. Every buyer should follow this process of elimination method for avoiding unskilled sellers whether he/she TOP a RATED OR NEW SELLER.

• Like 50
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rabihumakhan said:

None of the points seems accurate, unfortunately. BTW, my average selling price was $63.5 when I was a 'new seller' while it is now $55.6 and I'm a level two seller now. 

1 hour ago, ahmed_faroquee said:

What are the accurate points , would you mind explaining those?? 

Your average selling price was $63.5 when you are a new seller, it's really appreciatable. Best of luck to you and your business. But things are not rosy for every new seller like you.

• Like 53

If freelancer is being online 24/7 and waiting for one 5$ order — it is not normal.

But your really can find awesome new seller. New freelancer have no many orders so he can work with you longer and more productive. So you should to try make little order first and if you will like freelancer's work you can work with him on bigger projects. 

• Like 50
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 12:53 AM, nyantsa said:

The response time:
Most buyers may be tempted to forget about a seller if he or she replies late. But let me tell you that a new seller may still be busy somewhere else. For exemple, he/she has a job, or he/she is still a student, etc… The response time is not set yet for a seller who has nothing in his inbox so you may feel concerned about the response time. Take it as like you with social media and emails. You may take time to reply all your messages, but that does not necessarily mean that you are not serious or unprofessional.

I totally agree with it. sometime it take sometime to response, I think buyer should give a chance to those who they contact, at least 1-2 hours.

• Like 50
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2021 at 10:15 PM, newsmike said:

Communication is important. Why hire someone who cannot communicate professionally, when you can hire someone who can do the job and is educated as well. This is not a charity designed to help illiterates prosper. It is a competitive business platform. 

Yes, I know it's very important. But sometimes some clients can't able to explain their requirements in English properly. But We always try to understand them and fulfill their project perfectly. But it's true communication skills are very important here. Thank you so much for your suggestion.

• Like 30

I just want some buyers to know that those TOP RATED SELLERS, LEVEL 1 AND LEVEL 2 SELLERS are also once a NEW SELLER.

Pls try and always give NEW SELLERS a chance to showcase their expertise on the platform That is how we can all feel good don't just keep focusing on Sellers that has already has review

Thanks 

• Like 29

• 3 weeks later...

If the buyer gave us a chance, we could give them a lot of good work. Because the old ones are old, they are tired of good work and the new ones want to work because if the work is good, the buyer will give us a job again. We new people have only one thought. That should keep the buyer happy

• Like 29
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, entrancewayword said:

Trust us once you give work then see how good work we give you

Your buyers are not in the forum so no one is order your services from here. Focus on gig optimization and improve your gig gallery by adding some of your previous work.

• Like 29
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, entrancewayword said:

Because the old ones are old, they are tired of good work and the new ones want to work because if the work is good, the buyer will give us a job again

I've been here on Fiverr for a decade almost and I am in my 30s. Plus, age doesn't matter. What matters is the buyer satisfaction rate. If you have great skills, you will make it here, since Fiverr offers a push to every seller. 

It takes a lot of time to get an order, some people never do, others wait for months and months. Don't blame older sellers here for a lack of orders, if anything that comes from WAY too many sellers coming here after the pandemic and also AI comes into play. Instead of blaming older sellers.. you should focus on creating great gigs that are unique and which fit what your target audience is looking for.

• Like 28
  • Up 5

first of all you should trust new sellers probably even more than level 2s because they will do their best to satisfy you, second if you give a chance to people like me(new sellers) really THANK YOU because we really struggle to go on, if you want to actually know how to trust a new seller just see things like the last online, if they were in the past 24 hours they surely are accomplished, and watch even when the account was created the older the better because it means that they still didn't lose their determination(mine is an exception because before i wasn't a seller, I am one from like february), so yeah this is it i think

• Like 27

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:00 AM, katerynastepp said:

Offen newbies are much more enthusiastic and attentive to details than the 5-year sellers

Mmmm, I don’t agree that newbies are much more enthusiastic and attentive to details than someone who has been selling on Fiverr for 5 years. For example, this year marks my 5th year on Fiverr. I get just as excited about a $60 order as I do a $500 order. In addition, the detail and care are the same no matter the money I make. In most cases, I never look at the money…I record and do my very best. Every buyer deserves the best quality I can possibly create! 

My advice to find a quality new seller, is to start a chat with the seller. Are they engaging? Do they respond by actually answering your question with proper grammar, spelling, enthusiasm and honesty? It’s ok for the seller to say that they are on a hike and will respond shortly. We are all people with families, outside interests and hobbies. 

The seller should be willing and able to connect on a deeper level than just, “hi” “yes” “ok” and have the time to fully explain their thoughts. That’s in my humble opinion of course.

If you don’t care about those human qualities, then you may get a message back from me saying, “I don’t think I am a good fit.”

• Like 29
  • Up 5

• 5 weeks later...

Nice post, but I have some questions.
Brevity does not always mean a person lacks a creative personality. I may not be verbose and make masterpieces, it is clear that people are more attracted by a beautiful wrapper, but there is no need to say that those who speak little are not talented (I don’t mean ctrl C+V)
I'm just that kind of person myself
that I don’t like to do for show, show... Just a modest person from Ukraine who is trying to get by.

• Like 25

• 2 months later...
On 7/18/2023 at 2:06 AM, prathix said:

first of all you should trust new sellers probably even more than level 2s because they will do their best to satisfy you

I do not agree with this, level 2 sellers are level 2 for a reason, they deliver quality work, build good relationships and have satisfied customers. By your logic, if you become a level 2 seller one day in the future we should trust you less?

I understand you want people to take a chance on you, but that should come from you being the best you can be, not by claiming that sellers that have been here a long time are less likely to satisfy their customers.

I am still at "new seller" level (almost level 1) and have no delusions that I am somehow better than the level 2 and top rated sellers in my niche, instead, I aspire to be as successful as them.

• Like 20