Have you had customer support delete your old incomplete orders?

misscrystal

more than 1 year. Finally, I cancelled last month. Then my stats went down.

@rocks_design I’m so sorry this happened to you! It seems to depend on who does it or maybe the customer service representative needs to know how to do it correctly, but at this point it seems risky. It might or might not affect your stats apparently.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an order that is 6 years old, and it’s still sitting there on the dashboard.
I think it just popped up there rather recently.
When I contacted CS back then, I was told that it will STILL affect my rates.
Since my completion rate is at 100%, I guess one cancellation won’t hurt much, but
I still don’t like the fact that it will go down when it’s not even my fault.

I guess I’ll just let it sit there and collect dust or even fossilize until Fiverr changes its rules and will be 100% sure that my stats won’t be affected:sweat_smile:😅

Mine still are under Awaiting Response, below the delivered ones. Did your dashboard get updated in some way?

I mean showing in our queues for each gig. They are no longer there. I meant where you look at someone’s gig and it said they have 11 orders in their queue, like my gig did recently when I actually had no orders in my queue.

I have a few of those types of orders where the client “forgot” to fill out the requirements for the Gig. With the nutty way this site works, I would not even chance messing with my stats by cancelling these necro orders that are waiting for the zombie client to come back and fill in their requirements! With my luck, I would take a huge hit and get demoted. Not worth the risk!

GG

I mean showing in our queues for each gig. They are no longer there. I meant where you look at someone’s gig and it said they have 11 orders in their queue, like my gig did recently when I actually had no orders in my queue.

Oh. I don’t think I ever paid attention they were there before.

I am thinking about this too. My main concern is that maybe one day Fiverr makes one of its weird changes, and it results in those incomplete orders harming us sellers. I would only want to cancel one at a time though, just in case it does have an effect on the cancellation rate. Of course, this would mean I would be cancelling them myself rather than asking CS to do it.

I am thinking about this too. My main concern is that maybe one day Fiverr makes one of its weird changes, and it results in those incomplete orders harming us sellers. I would only want to cancel one at a time though, just in case it does have an effect on the cancellation rate. Of course, this would mean I would be cancelling them myself rather than asking CS to do it.

It’s now in their TOS that incomplete orders after 7 days can be cancelled without any harm.

So it will be pretty difficult for fiverr to back up any story if it will affect of the statististics if it’s written in the “contract”

It’s now in their TOS that incomplete orders after 7 days can be cancelled without any harm.

So it will be pretty difficult for fiverr to back up any story if it will affect of the statististics if it’s written in the “contract”

It wouldn’t be the first time Fiverr says something doesn’t affect your statistics when it really does. For example, if you get a message that is marked as spam, it says that you don’t have to reply and it will not affect your response rate. That simply isn’t true. I’m pretty sure CS can’t do anything about it, either.

It wouldn’t be the first time Fiverr says something doesn’t affect your statistics when it really does. For example, if you get a message that is marked as spam, it says that you don’t have to reply and it will not affect your response rate. That simply isn’t true. I’m pretty sure CS can’t do anything about it, either.

Yes. I mean, ToS says “safe cancellation” is a go after 7 days and CS told me directly it was after 2 months.

Yes. I mean, ToS says “safe cancellation” is a go after 7 days and CS told me directly it was after 2 months.

We all get different answers. And different results when they are cancelled.

Very strange. ☯️ Good karma no effect. Bad karma-- completion rate goes down.

Do they show up as orders in your queue? That could be beneficial. I’ve always thought that was good social proof for buyers to see that you’re working and delivering regularly. I suppose it could also look like you’re too busy to work for them, though. Ultimately I just want to tidy up my incomplete orders because I hate seeing them in my active queue.

Would make sense to code it so that such orders get auto-cancelled after 2 months (without effect on sellers’ rates, of course). Maybe they are working towards something like that.

If they get cancelled wouldn’t that be a loss of revenue for fiverr?

If they get cancelled wouldn’t that be a loss of revenue for fiverr?

Maybe a bit… but since they don’t respond after months or even years, I think most of these buyers never come back to Fiverr. So the money would just continue to sit in their Fiverr balance, and Fiverr would continue to hang onto it.

Would make sense to code it so that such orders get auto-cancelled after 2 months (without effect on sellers’ rates, of course). Maybe they are working towards something like that.

I’d love this to happen. It gets a buyer plenty of time to come back if there are actual real life issues that prevent them from placing the order and a seller doesn’t have to worry about being stuck with an incomplete order forever. 2 months are completely reasonable.

It sure did hurt. Support cancelled 2 incomplete orders without asking my permission, and they were from 1-2 years ago. After that I noticed that my gig dropped to last page, so I think that was because of cancellations.

But it doesn’t matter even if it says 1000 active orders, as long as the order status is incomplete. Then you can do nothing about it. Except you can push the nudge button to notify the buyer that they have an incomplete order. Works 2% of the time from what I have seen, lol. People just order and forget.

It sure did hurt. Support cancelled 2 incomplete orders without asking my permission, and they were from 1-2 years ago. After that I noticed that my gig dropped to last page, so I think that was because of cancellations.

But it doesn’t matter even if it says 1000 active orders, as long as the order status is incomplete. Then you can do nothing about it. Except you can push the nudge button to notify the buyer that they have an incomplete order. Works 2% of the time from what I have seen, lol. People just order and forget.

a bit OT, it's about a *new* incomplete order that customer support canceled, and initiated by the buyer not me

Except you can push the nudge button to notify the buyer that they have an incomplete order. Works 2% of the time from what I have seen, lol. People just order and forget.

I had a mysterious case recently. Someone ordered directly without messaging first. So far, so good.

They didn’t provide any requirements though, so I used the nudge button. Nothing happened. I planned to wait a couple more days, maybe they were out of town without internet or whatever, and to then message them again with a reminder, and if I got no reaction, to try out the “you can cancel without effect on your rating after 7 days” the terms state now, as my rate was 100%, so I could have found out if that actually works for everyone without too much harm done.

The next day or so, however, I got notified that the order has been cancelled. No cancellation request, no message from that buyer, no explanation, no nothing, just the cancellation notification.

Obviously, they must have gone to support to cancel it for them in that case. I’m wondering with what reason now, probably “ordered by accident” or whatever, maybe it was someone who wanted to play around with the buttons to the very end for their own reasons.

The good news: my OCR stayed at 100% and I don’t get masses of orders, so I should have noticed a drop if it did count.

Of course, I do have that cancellation showing up in my analytics as

Cancellations(Last 60 Days)

Initiated By Buyer

So it probably has some effect on my gig placing and all.

Anyway, what I was wondering now is why it shows up as “Initiated By Buyer”, when there was no cancellation request/resolution center usage by the buyer. Sure, if the buyer went to CS, they kind of initiated it in the actual practical sense of the word, but I was under the impression that cancellations done by CS show up as that. I’ve had some before, like accidental duplicate orders, which CS cancelled for me/the buyer, and those showed as cancelled by support.

I have a similar issue. A client ordered me but he did not submit the project requirements as a result the order was not started yet. I have tried to reach him but he didn’t response. I’m confused about what is next with it.

I’m confused about what is next with it.

The order just sits there until either your buyer comes back or you cancel it. However, if you cancel it then it will affect your stats. :roll_eyes:

a bit OT, it's about a *new* incomplete order that customer support canceled, and initiated by the buyer not me

Except you can push the nudge button to notify the buyer that they have an incomplete order. Works 2% of the time from what I have seen, lol. People just order and forget.

I had a mysterious case recently. Someone ordered directly without messaging first. So far, so good.

They didn’t provide any requirements though, so I used the nudge button. Nothing happened. I planned to wait a couple more days, maybe they were out of town without internet or whatever, and to then message them again with a reminder, and if I got no reaction, to try out the “you can cancel without effect on your rating after 7 days” the terms state now, as my rate was 100%, so I could have found out if that actually works for everyone without too much harm done.

The next day or so, however, I got notified that the order has been cancelled. No cancellation request, no message from that buyer, no explanation, no nothing, just the cancellation notification.

Obviously, they must have gone to support to cancel it for them in that case. I’m wondering with what reason now, probably “ordered by accident” or whatever, maybe it was someone who wanted to play around with the buttons to the very end for their own reasons.

The good news: my OCR stayed at 100% and I don’t get masses of orders, so I should have noticed a drop if it did count.

Of course, I do have that cancellation showing up in my analytics as

Cancellations(Last 60 Days)

Initiated By Buyer

So it probably has some effect on my gig placing and all.

Anyway, what I was wondering now is why it shows up as “Initiated By Buyer”, when there was no cancellation request/resolution center usage by the buyer. Sure, if the buyer went to CS, they kind of initiated it in the actual practical sense of the word, but I was under the impression that cancellations done by CS show up as that. I’ve had some before, like accidental duplicate orders, which CS cancelled for me/the buyer, and those showed as cancelled by support.

The good news: my OCR stayed at 100%

Was the cancellation after seven days? Maybe the buyer’s account got banned? Did you see if he is still here?

It sounds like a cancelled incomplete order has no effect, at least in your case.

Archived