Have you had customer support delete your old incomplete orders?

misscrystal

The good news: my OCR stayed at 100%

Was the cancellation after seven days? Maybe the buyer’s account got banned? Did you see if he is still here?

It sounds like a cancelled incomplete order has no effect, at least in your case.

No, within 7 days. The order came in, I sent the nudge reminder to submit the requirements the same day, 2 days later I got the cancellation notification.

On the order page it says “THE BUYER CANCELLED THIS ORDER AND FUNDS WERE RETURNED TO THEIR BALANCE.”

Account still exists, new account without any gigs or reviews, country shows my own. Maybe someone who wanted to copy me for another of their accounts. It’s weird behaviour, after all, to not at least message to say" sorry, ordered by accident" or something.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old were the orders if you don’t mind me asking? How long did you have them before you decided to cancel them?

Hi I had 2 orders that never sent Gig requirements and never responded. They were 2 years old and so I canceled them a month ago. My level was 2 it went down to a 1 then at the next evaluation, this month, it went down to O. I have just come back to Fiverr and do not like the way they have made things so hard to figure out. But when I asked them about this not being my fault and being held against me. They said they could not change it. This has happened in the last month so if there is suppose to be some new rule… must not be in our favor or even reasonable. What is going on ? Fiverr use to be very fair to sellers. No one wants to put Fiverr down, we work here, but we need them to be fair to us. You can not pull someones rating down when we have done nothing wrong and it is completely out of our hands.

Hi I had 2 orders that never sent Gig requirements and never responded. They were 2 years old and so I canceled them a month ago. My level was 2 it went down to a 1 then at the next evaluation, this month, it went down to O. I have just come back to Fiverr and do not like the way they have made things so hard to figure out. But when I asked them about this not being my fault and being held against me. They said they could not change it. This has happened in the last month so if there is suppose to be some new rule… must not be in our favor or even reasonable. What is going on ? Fiverr use to be very fair to sellers. No one wants to put Fiverr down, we work here, but we need them to be fair to us. You can not pull someones rating down when we have done nothing wrong and it is completely out of our hands.

I’m so sorry this happened to you! They even have a notice on this site that if the orders are old they can be cancelled without it affecting your completion rate.

Incomplete

When an order is marked as Incomplete, the buyer is still required to submit the requested information for the seller to complete the order. The order status cannot be adjusted until the buyer replies to the seller’s instructions.

• As sellers , you can leave this section blank if you do not require any further information.

You will also see an option to send a reminder to the buyer, to notify them to reply to the instructions.

• A buyer will see a message indicating a reply to the instructions is required to start the order.

Note: After a week has passed from the original order creation, a seller can cancel the order without any harm to their cancellation ratio or ratings.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m so sorry this happened to you! They even have a notice on this site that if the orders are old they can be cancelled without it affecting your completion rate.

Incomplete

When an order is marked as Incomplete, the buyer is still required to submit the requested information for the seller to complete the order. The order status cannot be adjusted until the buyer replies to the seller’s instructions.

• As sellers , you can leave this section blank if you do not require any further information.

You will also see an option to send a reminder to the buyer, to notify them to reply to the instructions.

• A buyer will see a message indicating a reply to the instructions is required to start the order.

Note: After a week has passed from the original order creation, a seller can cancel the order without any harm to their cancellation ratio or ratings.

I can confirm this isn’t true. I requested a cancel for an incomplete order a few days ago that was older than 3 months. The buyer didn’t respond (obviously) and the cancellation went through by default after a couple of days. It has immediately shown up in my cancelled stats.

I can confirm this isn’t true. I requested a cancel for an incomplete order a few days ago that was older than 3 months. The buyer didn’t respond (obviously) and the cancellation went through by default after a couple of days. It has immediately shown up in my cancelled stats.

@vakart You could show that notice to customer support. Ask them about it.

@misscrystal Howdy!

Do not send anything to be canceled as it will definitely show up in your completion rate. Here’s a message I received from CS in February from my inquiry re same:

Cancellations.thumb.jpeg.f17bfa72da0015d5ead0d161c49f9af4.jpeg

Leave it. 🙂

@misscrystal Howdy!

Do not send anything to be canceled as it will definitely show up in your completion rate. Here’s a message I received from CS in February from my inquiry re same:

Leave it. 🙂

@ilovevoiceover Thank you for showing us that. So if a buyer says they ordered by mistake let customer support cancel it so they know it was placed in error.

@ilovevoiceover Thank you for showing us that. So if a buyer says they ordered by mistake let customer support cancel it so they know it was placed in error.

@misscrystal Happy to share!

If a Seller asks CS to cancel the order on behalf of the Seller, regardless of the reasoning, CS’s action will still detrimentally affect the Completion Rate. So, whether you cancel it citing the reason ‘BUYER IS NOT RESPONDING’ or have CS cancel it because it was a mistake, the Completion Rate will STILL BE NEGATIVELY AFFECTED. 😒

“…Fraudulent orders and orders that we have determined to be placed in error, may not be considered in the automatic demotion/promotion, however, will remain in your analytics…”

The agent above is speaking to a Seller’s Level Status. A Seller should definitely contact CS if her/his rating is affected by malicious/mistaken cancellations.

I like to imagine that one day there will be a cancellation option such as “The Buyer Misunderstood the Gig Offering and Does Not Have the Budget” which cancels the order and the Completion Rate is not impaired. I can dream, can’t I? 😅

@misscrystal Happy to share!

If a Seller asks CS to cancel the order on behalf of the Seller, regardless of the reasoning, CS’s action will still detrimentally affect the Completion Rate. So, whether you cancel it citing the reason ‘BUYER IS NOT RESPONDING’ or have CS cancel it because it was a mistake, the Completion Rate will STILL BE NEGATIVELY AFFECTED. 😒

“…Fraudulent orders and orders that we have determined to be placed in error, may not be considered in the automatic demotion/promotion, however, will remain in your analytics…”

The agent above is speaking to a Seller’s Level Status. A Seller should definitely contact CS if her/his rating is affected by malicious/mistaken cancellations.

I like to imagine that one day there will be a cancellation option such as “The Buyer Misunderstood the Gig Offering and Does Not Have the Budget” which cancels the order and the Completion Rate is not impaired. I can dream, can’t I? 😅

So a seller will not be demoted if there is a cancellation that is due to a mistaken order, even though it may show on the seller’s analytics that the order pushes them over the edge to a lower level. And that would probably be up to that seller to bring that to customer service’s attention.

Ideally this would also be the case if a buyer said that they wanted to cancel based on demanding something that your gig doesn’t offer.

So a seller will not be demoted if there is a cancellation that is due to a mistaken order, even though it may show on the seller’s analytics that the order pushes them over the edge to a lower level. And that would probably be up to that seller to bring that to customer service’s attention.

Ideally this would also be the case if a buyer said that they wanted to cancel based on demanding something that your gig doesn’t offer.

That is my assumption based on the message I shared from CS, and yes definitely the Seller would have to correspond with CS who ultimately makes the determination. 🍾

That is my assumption based on the message I shared from CS, and yes definitely the Seller would have to correspond with CS who ultimately makes the determination. 🍾

I see they also mention fraudulent orders won’t count. So I wonder what a fraudulent order would be.

I see they also mention fraudulent orders won’t count. So I wonder what a fraudulent order would be.

I assume the fraudulent definition are those Buyers (1) seeking to get something for free by leveraging the fear of cancellation and (2) after receiving the delivery saying that it wasn’t what was expected and not granting the Seller opportunity to “fix” whatever it was they weren’t happy with.

• 4 months later...

This is real. I am a living witness to this. Customer service cancelled the order and it did not affect my statistics for about a month until I noticed a drop in my stats and I immediately notified CS. Although the first agent kept giving me templated response till I requested to speak with a superior who reviewed it and had my stats back to 100%. I then began to believe that CS are actually humans and everyone has their on/off temper days. I appreciate the great job CS does attending to thousands of inquiries on a daily basis.

There are buyers that will threaten a negative review after receiving your delivery unless you cancel the order. There are some that will receive your delivery and keep clicking revision for months just to get the work for free. There are others that have two accounts that chat you with one and then place the order with the other account and then tell you upon delivery that they want their money back or give you flimsy excuses to click on revision endlessly. Others place order for your basic service and then require you to deliver premium quality jobs. Others place order just to obtain samples on your delivery quality which they then use as templates in creating a sellers account offering the same services you offer. FRAUDS.

• 1 year later...

I think Fiverr should come with some kind of rule for that… for example, if INCOMPLETE order is idle for more than one month, two or three months, after that automatically to be removed without affecting on our rating.

Because it’s obvious that if one INCOMPLETE GIG is not completed in time period of three months… it would NEVER be completed.

I really think FIverr should consider this kind of option. It would be really easier for sellers.

Many new buyers who are not yet familiar with Fiverr’s rules, they’re just placing orders without knowing that those orders will stay INCOMPLETE forever.

• 4 weeks later...

I can’t believe there’s still nobody commenting about this issue!

I mean, it’s really issue. Why?! Well… at the beginning having 2-3 incomplete orders it wasn’t a big deal, but with the time, many of us have 10-20 incomplete orders. Some even hundreds of them :roll_eyes:

Lots of them are made by beginner buyers, who still don’t know how to combine extras with the GIG and just place and place new orders. Lots of times, I had 3 orders at the same time, but ONLY one activated by submitting needed requirements.

And with the time, having bunch of incomplete orders in the dashboard is really frustrating and confusing. Very often we mix incomplete GIGs with ACTIVE GIGs… and sometimes can be real issue.

I still CAN’T understand, why Fiverr is taking for soooo long, to do something about this issue. I guess funds are reserved, but never paid to Fiverr at the first place if order is not activated.

I came to other freelancer platforms where they have figured this out with pre-made offers. If order is idle for 2 week, automatically it’s canceled, without any negative effects on the sellers.

I have incomplete orders, where buyers were last active 3 YEARS AGO! Hah! That order would never be activated baby 😃

Once again… They MUST find some kind of solution for this situation. Let it be… one, two… even three months… if order is INACTIVE, automatically to be canceled WITHOUT effecting on sellers rating.

Once again… WHY Fiverr is not doing anything about this issue for so long?!

Oh, and if someone says, just contact CS and they’ll take care of it… are you sure?! Because I did… and every single time they’re saying that it can’t be done anything about that and NO MATTER every cancellation AFFECT on the rating.

And at the end, we, sellers are those who are going to pay that price from negligence of the buyers. It’s just no fair. It’s really frustrating.

I mean, it’s really issue. Why?! Well… at the beginning having 2-3 incomplete orders it wasn’t a big deal, but with the time, many of us have 10-20 incomplete orders. Some even hundreds of them :roll_eyes:

Lots of them are made by beginner buyers, who still don’t know how to combine extras with the GIG and just place and place new orders. Lots of times, I had 3 orders at the same time, but ONLY one activated by submitting needed requirements.

And with the time, having bunch of incomplete orders in the dashboard is really frustrating and confusing. Very often we mix incomplete GIGs with ACTIVE GIGs… and sometimes can be real issue.

I still CAN’T understand, why Fiverr is taking for soooo long, to do something about this issue. I guess funds are reserved, but never paid to Fiverr at the first place if order is not activated.

I came to other freelancer platforms where they have figured this out with pre-made offers. If order is idle for 2 week, automatically it’s canceled, without any negative effects on the sellers.

I have incomplete orders, where buyers were last active 3 YEARS AGO! Hah! That order would never be activated baby 😃

Once again… They MUST find some kind of solution for this situation. Let it be… one, two… even three months… if order is INACTIVE, automatically to be canceled WITHOUT effecting on sellers rating.

Once again… WHY Fiverr is not doing anything about this issue for so long?!

Oh, and if someone says, just contact CS and they’ll take care of it… are you sure?! Because I did… and every single time they’re saying that it can’t be done anything about that and NO MATTER every cancellation AFFECT on the rating.

And at the end, we, sellers are those who are going to pay that price from negligence of the buyers. It’s just no fair. It’s really frustrating.

Because I’d rather comment on fiverr fixing analytics with earned money and “earned in a months” amounts as they are incorrect.

but with the time, many of us have 10-20 incomplete orders

Idk. It’s been 4 years and I have only 3 incomplete orders

Fiverr is taking for soooo long, to do something about this issue. I guess funds are reserved, but never paid to Fiverr at the first place if order is not activated.

Because they get to keep those money and keep getting interest on it.

Oh, and if someone says, just contact CS and they’ll take care of it… are you sure?!

For some time there was a line in TOS that incomplete orders could be cancelled after 7 days without affecting your stats. However I think they removed that part

Archived