Account demoted - but why?

thomaslener

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There used to be a well like level one young lady who came to the Forum from time to time. She did what you did because she to was in fear of a bad review. Her account was removed. You were lucky to only lose a level. I miss Jonk. 😧

I’m speechless. Really, I do not know how to respond to this, it’s too weird for me to understand.

I’m speechless. Really, I do not know how to respond to this, it’s too weird for me to understand.

You can read about it here. As I said you are fortunate this did not happen to you. She was young and created a new account without Fiverr’s permission and that is not on the Fiverr anymore either.

Hi, From the title you already know that I will discuss about what here. Yeah right, my Fiverr account has been disabled by Fiverr Team frowning I think I was framed by someone who was not satisfied with my work, and he talked in the inbox section to get his money back and sent via Paypal with threat (Or I report to Fiverr). Well, finally I sent her money through Paypal for fear of the threat. A few minutes after that, I get a warning from Fiverr and that her completed Order is suddenly canc…

There used to be a well like level one young lady who came to the Forum from time to time. She did what you did because she to was in fear of a bad review. Her account was removed. You were lucky to only lose a level. I miss Jonk. 😧

I had her bookmarked as one of my favorite Fiverr artists. I just noticed that her new account here on Fiverr (that has been here for a while) is now gone as well. That’s sad. I loved her work.

Thank you Vickie. These “Fiverr Customrr Service” people are really some tough badass punishers. Al Capone himself would get envious if he heard of their tactics.

Al Capone himself would get envious if he heard of their tactics.

You clearly don’t know much about Al Capone. 😉

Yes, I live in a small town where most people are quite reliable and trust each other… If I did make a mistake it was to assume that honesty, respect and fair play also counts on Fiverr. But it doesn’t. Blind following of the rules is king.

However, thank you for your message and also that you feel for me. Feels good 🙂

By the way… I already had contact with the buyer outside of fiverr. While working on his project, he asked me to get in contact via s***e. I told him Fiverr wants us to communicate via Fiverr. But he insisted on s***e because he wanted to communicate only there. So it was necessary for me to get in contact via s***e to continue working on my project. If I wanted to cheat on Fiverr, I could easily have asked the buyer on s***e without Fiverr noticing anything.

Someone who is not loyal and wants to cheat on fiverr will find ways to do so. I am not that kind of person.

I was blind enough to not give a single thought I could do something wrong and tried to solve the issue on Fiverr chat. If I had done it on s***e, everything would be okay. That’s so strange…

Another thing… last month I made about $700 on Fiverr, alltogether 2k+, why should I risk my account for $3 fiverr charge…?

Fiverr is hurting it’s own business by blindly following tos and not using their brains.

I already had contact with the buyer outside of fiverr. While working on his project, he asked me to get in contact via s***e. I told him Fiverr wants us to communicate via Fiverr. But he insisted on s***e because he wanted to communicate only there. So it was necessary for me to get in contact via s***e to continue working on my project. If I wanted to cheat on Fiverr, I could easily have asked the buyer on s***e without Fiverr noticing anything.

Fiverr actually has something in place for that, you just have to use it. I don’t have time to hunt down the wording, but I’m sure you can find it. It says someplace that there are cases where you are allowed to use s***e if you need to do so to fulfill an order. All you have to do is clear it with Support and keep the s***e ID exchange on the order page. It’s a lot different from payment exchange, but if you don’t clear it with Support, it’s a bannable issue too, which it sounds like you know.

My suggestion to you would be to follow the book if you get to keep your account. I do get what you are saying and when Fiverr was new, I think it had a “small town” feel as much as a site can. Moderators were known as “sheriffs” then. That’s not the case anymore, it’s too big and Support reps come and go along with other staff. You’ve been very lucky so far and you’re also lucky that staff only occasionally reads the forum.

I also understand what you mean about making a lot of money and how that makes money for Fiverr. I’ve seen several other people talk about that on the forum, including demoted TRS and other folks. There are people talking about it in Fiverr-related chat areas too. Staff watches some of those chats actively but they don’t really seem interested in those individual sellers. Maybe they should, or maybe they don’t really need to anymore. I don’t understand some of the things Fiverr does at all, so I’m not one to guess. 😃 I’m just saying, they’ve banned or demoted several people who were making big bucks and they haven’t looked back yet. I assume we have to look out for ourselves!

Thank you Vickie. These “Fiverr Customrr Service” people are really some tough badass punishers. Al Capone himself would get envious if he heard of their tactics.

Actually…

I’m not what @eoinfinnegan likes to call a ‘Fiverr Fanboy.’ However, I just had my first dealings with CS in ages and it was very civil. Regardless of how you might want to interpret your situation, you did break Fiverr’s rules by taking communication off-site. This is strictly prohibited for a number of reasons and in this case, I think you have been dealt with quite reasonably.

Actually…

I’m not what @eoinfinnegan likes to call a ‘Fiverr Fanboy.’ However, I just had my first dealings with CS in ages and it was very civil. Regardless of how you might want to interpret your situation, you did break Fiverr’s rules by taking communication off-site. This is strictly prohibited for a number of reasons and in this case, I think you have been dealt with quite reasonably.

If I am to be 100% honest, I have to say that fiverr CS has improved a lot over the past several months.

My past 3 dealings with them have also been pretty decent. 😎

@thomaslener People have been banned for less than what you have done… I’d count my lucky stars and move on.

Thank you all for your replies, every single one is appreciated!

By reading all this the impression arises that Fiverr is kind of a dictatorial system. When I was starting 4 months ago i could never have imagined that.

In my honest oppinion, Fiverr has serious problems, with their software system, the level system and cs staff as well as poor leaders.

No matter if I’ve done something against tos or not, I was treated badly and got no explanation from cs. Just a standard chatbot answer. I’ve paid some other services a few hundred bucks in the past, and I can say Fiverr is by far the worst of them.

After all, also if you are a seller, you are the client, fiverr is the provider. I have never heard of a company treating their clients that badly like fiverr does. They really set “a new standard”.

If I am to be 100% honest, I have to say that fiverr CS has improved a lot over the past several months.

@thomaslener People have been banned for less than what you have done… I’d count my lucky stars and move on.

Yes, the people working at cs are really okay. But if you encounter a real issue, they do not have any possibility to help you. So, the people are good, but the system that they are integrated in is bad.

Thank you all for your replies, every single one is appreciated!

By reading all this the impression arises that Fiverr is kind of a dictatorial system. When I was starting 4 months ago i could never have imagined that.

In my honest oppinion, Fiverr has serious problems, with their software system, the level system and cs staff as well as poor leaders.

No matter if I’ve done something against tos or not, I was treated badly and got no explanation from cs. Just a standard chatbot answer. I’ve paid some other services a few hundred bucks in the past, and I can say Fiverr is by far the worst of them.

After all, also if you are a seller, you are the client, fiverr is the provider. I have never heard of a company treating their clients that badly like fiverr does. They really set “a new standard”.

No matter if I’ve done something against tos or not, I was treated badly and got no explanation from cs.

It kinda does matter that you’ve done something against the TOS - despite your good intentions. Perhaps see it from this perspective. Fiverr CS staff may have actually taken your good intentions into account and that is why you were just dropped a level, as opposed to having your account banned, which is the standard practice for TOS breaches - particularly involving contact outside of the fiverr ecosystem and especially payment related issues. I don’t know if that is the case, but I think you’ve been pretty lucky really!

Yes, the people working at cs are really okay. But if you encounter a real issue, they do not have any possibility to help you. So, the people are good, but the system that they are integrated in is bad.

I agree with @sue_mcl entirely and I also think it’s worth pointing out that the canned replies for violating do include some information about what you did wrong. It seems like you just want to be above the rules that everyone else has to follow. I’m starting to lack sympathy as time goes by. As several of us, have stated, you were super lucky to have an account. Of course, if Trust and Safety really looks into your overall actions, who knows what will happen.

One other thing, you said that Support is okay overall but isn’t able to help and that the system is the issue. Support can’t do everything since other departments like Editorial and Trust and Safety make many decisions. Support actually can help you, though. For example, if you had asked them for permission to use s***e, they would have been the ones to offer it in writing. That could have backed you up if you got into trouble over it.

I should probably stop reading this thread, but I feel like if you put this much energy into your gigs, you would be selling even more than you do now. 😉

I agree with @sue_mcl entirely and I also think it’s worth pointing out that the canned replies for violating do include some information about what you did wrong. It seems like you just want to be above the rules that everyone else has to follow. I’m starting to lack sympathy as time goes by. As several of us, have stated, you were super lucky to have an account. Of course, if Trust and Safety really looks into your overall actions, who knows what will happen.

One other thing, you said that Support is okay overall but isn’t able to help and that the system is the issue. Support can’t do everything since other departments like Editorial and Trust and Safety make many decisions. Support actually can help you, though. For example, if you had asked them for permission to use s***e, they would have been the ones to offer it in writing. That could have backed you up if you got into trouble over it.

I should probably stop reading this thread, but I feel like if you put this much energy into your gigs, you would be selling even more than you do now. 😉

fonthaunt i respect your oppinion.

However, I really don’t care if I sell more or less - this thread is about how Fiverr treats it’s clients.

By reading your post I feel like as I am a “Fiverr criminal”, not following the rules, demanding everybody following only my rules. Doing very bad things and so on. But that’s simply not true - at least from my point of view. I did not do a bad thing, I did not cheat on Fiverr, nor did i have the intention to do so. I did what was necessary to generate a happy customer.

After all the bad things that happened to me, what’s left over is a happy customer who will come back to Fiverr - and Fiverr did not lose a single Cent because of my actions.

Regarding the s***e thing: they say you can use s***e if it is necessary. That is why I used s***e with my client, because he insisted on using it. It was necessary, because I could not go on working on the order without contact to my buyer, right? So why should I be afraid of Fiverr knowing this?

After all my experiences with Fiverr, if they choose to ban my account, take all my funds and block me forever - well, then so be it. If not, I will go on doing what I do best: generating happy customers and creating income for Fiverr (and me, of course :-)).

You broke the rules and that is it. If buyer is demanding s***e, that doesn’t mean it is okay for you to use it. You could simply told him that it is forbidden to have any contacting outside of Fiverr. Or you could ask support if you can do that. You didn’t do anything of that, instead you broke the rules.
You only got demotion when some other sellers are getting banned for less.
We all need to follow rules, no matter if you think they are good or not.

Also, you should be “happy”. You broke rules multiple times with this and you got only demoted.

You broke the rules and that is it. If buyer is demanding s***e, that doesn’t mean it is okay for you to use it. You could simply told him that it is forbidden to have any contacting outside of Fiverr. Or you could ask support if you can do that. You didn’t do anything of that, instead you broke the rules.

You only got demotion when some other sellers are getting banned for less.

We all need to follow rules, no matter if you think they are good or not.

Also, you should be “happy”. You broke rules multiple times with this and you got only demoted.

Hi Arty,

also here, I respect your oppinion. However, in my honest oppinion, things are not as simple as black&white. There are also shades of grey.

fonthaunt i respect your oppinion.

However, I really don’t care if I sell more or less - this thread is about how Fiverr treats it’s clients.

By reading your post I feel like as I am a “Fiverr criminal”, not following the rules, demanding everybody following only my rules. Doing very bad things and so on. But that’s simply not true - at least from my point of view. I did not do a bad thing, I did not cheat on Fiverr, nor did i have the intention to do so. I did what was necessary to generate a happy customer.

After all the bad things that happened to me, what’s left over is a happy customer who will come back to Fiverr - and Fiverr did not lose a single Cent because of my actions.

Regarding the s***e thing: they say you can use s***e if it is necessary. That is why I used s***e with my client, because he insisted on using it. It was necessary, because I could not go on working on the order without contact to my buyer, right? So why should I be afraid of Fiverr knowing this?

After all my experiences with Fiverr, if they choose to ban my account, take all my funds and block me forever - well, then so be it. If not, I will go on doing what I do best: generating happy customers and creating income for Fiverr (and me, of course :-)).

By reading your post I feel like as I am a “Fiverr criminal”, not following the rules, demanding everybody following only my rules.

This really isn’t how I see it. What I see is that you expect to be treated differently from other people. You want Fiverr to make an exception for you even though other people do have to follow the rules or be banned. It’s not that you are like some kind of Fiverr criminal at all, it’s about the attitude. Anyway, I’ll make my exit from this conversation since I think it’s already kind of pointless and you seem to be stuck with your ideas even if they do get you banned. I am all for making clients happy and for following the rules at the same time. It works for me and a lot of other people. Have a good one.

Guest offlinehelpers

I’m struggling to find sympathy I’m afraid.

By your own admission you broke the rules, and could have had your account closed. It must be a slap in the face to those who have had accounts closed for doing less to see your protestations of innocence.

You’re complaining you’ve been unfairly demoted, which is a bit galling for any of us who have been demoted because of things like the ‘buyer cancelled by mistake’ or ‘the app’s not good at leaving reviews bug’, which genuinely weren’t our fault.

Be grateful you weren’t banned and please do stop complaining.

I’m struggling to find sympathy I’m afraid.

By your own admission you broke the rules, and could have had your account closed. It must be a slap in the face to those who have had accounts closed for doing less to see your protestations of innocence.

You’re complaining you’ve been unfairly demoted, which is a bit galling for any of us who have been demoted because of things like the ‘buyer cancelled by mistake’ or ‘the app’s not good at leaving reviews bug’, which genuinely weren’t our fault.

Be grateful you weren’t banned and please do stop complaining.

I feel for all the sellers who got banned for doing less than I did.

I’m not dependend on Fiverr, and I am by no way grateful they did not ban me, why should I, I did nothing wrong. And I do not like the attitude like Fiverr was some higher instance who is right no matter what they do.

Thanks miiila, good post.

My oppinion of fiverr and how fiverr treats it’s sellers dropped down below rockbottom. The chargeback 2 weeks ago was bad enough, but eventually I was okay with it.

But to demote someone like me (I do everything to make Clients happy and this is also something fiverr does benefit from) for that reason is unfair and over all: not necessary. Blame on Fiverr for that.

The rules are the rules, no matter if you think they are “fair” or “unfair”, they are as they are, period.

We, the sellers need to adapt and evolve with the system to stay always “out of troubles”

I’m not dependend on Fiverr, and I am by no way grateful they did not ban me, why should I, I did nothing wrong. And I do not like the attitude like Fiverr was some higher instance who is right no matter what they do.

I did nothing wrong

You did, stop complaining and read the TOS.

I’m mostly one of the first people to criticize Fiverr whenever they do something wrong but in this specific case you’re the one at wrong here which many people have pointed out multiple times already.

By reading your post I feel like as I am a “Fiverr criminal”, not following the rules, demanding everybody following only my rules.

This really isn’t how I see it. What I see is that you expect to be treated differently from other people. You want Fiverr to make an exception for you even though other people do have to follow the rules or be banned. It’s not that you are like some kind of Fiverr criminal at all, it’s about the attitude. Anyway, I’ll make my exit from this conversation since I think it’s already kind of pointless and you seem to be stuck with your ideas even if they do get you banned. I am all for making clients happy and for following the rules at the same time. It works for me and a lot of other people. Have a good one.

I think everything of value has already been said and nothing else that could change or add more to this thread can be said. I think it’s about time we close this thread, maybe?

Guest offlinehelpers

I did nothing wrong.

50 posts and you still don’t get it. :woman_facepalming:

Archived