Service fee charged

rahulkajla1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I’d have paid a fee for that and not gotten the fee refunded, and paid the fee a second time to get the same thing done, maybe even another time because of having the bad luck of picking another seller who can’t or won’t deliver for some reason (and I wasn’t a seller, knowing the problems from seller side) I’d probably be miffed.

I don’t agree with the new fee raises precisely because of this. However, like I have said before, much of the hostility behind this could have been completely avoided if Fiverr had made an official announcement.

I use some software which I need to renew my license on every November. I have already received an email informing me that from October, my license fee will increase by over $200! - That’s massive. However, the email itself has been worded in such a way which states: "Due to increased demand and our commitment to bring you more X software features etc etc."

Will I renew my license in November? Yes. - Especially since bugs which were everywhere a year or so ago have been ironed out and I already benefit from more built-in features.

Would I renew my license in November if I wasn’t made aware of a substantial price rise in advance? No. At least not without ranting and hitting social media to complain about feeling entrapped and the company in question not giving me fair notice etc.

I do not think it unreasonable to expect that a lot of Fiverr buyers currently feel the same way. - Especially resellers who outsource work to Fiverr and need to cost their own prices accordingly. (i.e. The majority of many repeat client who use Fiverr.)

If I was a customer would I be miffed? Yes. Would I now be searching Google for ‘alternatives to Fiverr?’ Yes. Would I still buy from Fiverr regardless? Yes. - But probably with a lot less trust than previously.

People can debate the pros and cons of fee increases all they want. What the real problem here is, though, is catastrophic communication.

This is what I am in agreement with here.

If Fiverr had announced anything about the new fee increase - besides inserting it into the TOS - then the deal may not been as big of one. Copyscape had announced its changes well in advance too. The company remarked in January that it was changing its pricing model and would be using a different model starting April 2.

The biggest issue Fiverr has is the lack of transparency - for everybody using the site. The sellers who helped make it become what it is to the buyers who came here in search of quality services at a low price. The lack of any press release or announcement is a slap in the face to these people using the site. (IMHO).

A fee increase is not a minor thing - and it shouldn’t be treated as such. Why Fiverr insists on doing this is beyond me. It may not spell ultimate doom but you can bet that the implications of not being transparent about the fee increases are going to rear their ugly head eventually.

Now fiverr to me made me feel it’s just like a teenager in college made the website and simply launch anything he thought it’s cool fun and make changes anytime when he wanted, so Unprofessional and kinda child act. On the other side CS act like guardian parent helping this kid to ‘fix’ his problems. Infinite loop.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, this is genius, now that I think of it.

Fiverr is looking to be a premium brand…in the past, some would say that Fiverr is known for poor quality work…with PewDiePie and all…they don’t want to seem too cheap that people don’t take them seriously.

So they have figured out a way to increase their prices, making more money themselves and increasing profit while they are at it.

They are killing two birds with one stone.

• 4 weeks later...

I just now placed an order and fiverr charged $2 service fee. I paid using my “Personal Balance”. I am confused. I have placed 2000+ orders so far and they never charged service fee. Is fiverr now going to charge sellers as well? Happened to any other seller?

Capture

EDIT: CS said, “Thank you for reaching out to Fiverr Customer Support, where your satisfaction is number one. The new fee is a service charge to allow Fiverr to provide a stable platform for buyers and sellers to work uninterrupted, and to allow for a better overall experience while using Fiverr. Sellers are now required to pay a service fee on orders placed using revenues earned. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40.”

Sellers are now required to pay a service fee on orders placed using revenues earned

Sorry, I don’t get it. Does this only apply to sellers?

I have sold in the distant past, and obviously I am not placing any orders with earned revenue.

Yet I am still being charged a $2 service fee…?

First the shopping cart is gone, now this.

I’m pretty fed up with the direction Fiverr is going.

Sellers are now required to pay a service fee on orders placed using revenues earned

Sorry, I don’t get it. Does this only apply to sellers?

I have sold in the distant past, and obviously I am not placing any orders with earned revenue.

Yet I am still being charged a $2 service fee…?

First the shopping cart is gone, now this.

I’m pretty fed up with the direction Fiverr is going.

Whenever you buy a Gig, you now have to pay the new service fee. In the past, you could avoid similar fees by using your Fiverr earnings.

Whenever you buy a Gig, you now have to pay the new service fee. In the past, you could avoid similar fees by using your Fiverr earnings.

OK. Thanks for the clarification.

So first I was dissatisfied for not being able to group together four different gigs for min. $0.25/each.

Now I’m being charged $2 extra for every $5 order.

It’s time to wake up and smell the coffee

And start using other Fiverr alternatives…

I just now placed an order and fiverr charged $2 service fee. I paid using my “Personal Balance”. I am confused. I have placed 2000+ orders so far and they never charged service fee. Is fiverr now going to charge sellers as well? Happened to any other seller?

Capture

EDIT: CS said, “Thank you for reaching out to Fiverr Customer Support, where your satisfaction is number one. The new fee is a service charge to allow Fiverr to provide a stable platform for buyers and sellers to work uninterrupted, and to allow for a better overall experience while using Fiverr. Sellers are now required to pay a service fee on orders placed using revenues earned. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40.”

The new fee is a service charge to allow Fiverr to provide a stable platform for buyers and sellers to work uninterrupted, and to allow for a better overall experience while using Fiverr.

Interesting response from CS. So how did Fiverr survive without that fee in the past? Is Fiverr struggling with their operating expenses? Are they spending more than what they’re making?

Too bad Fiverr isn’t a public company like Apple, Tesla, etc. Public companies have to realize quarterly statements, private companies don’t.

If Fiverr were to issue stock, they would generate lots of money and maybe they could eliminate that $2 fee.

The new fee is a service charge to allow Fiverr to provide a stable platform for buyers and sellers to work uninterrupted, and to allow for a better overall experience while using Fiverr.

Interesting response from CS. So how did Fiverr survive without that fee in the past? Is Fiverr struggling with their operating expenses? Are they spending more than what they’re making?

Too bad Fiverr isn’t a public company like Apple, Tesla, etc. Public companies have to realize quarterly statements, private companies don’t.

If Fiverr were to issue stock, they would generate lots of money and maybe they could eliminate that $2 fee.

They are spending for promote Pro and giving them extra ex-poser only nothing else!!

Basically, they are taking money to general buyers/sellers for Promote their exclusive BIG SHOT (PRO) guys. Hahahah.

In real world, higher tax on big shot guys for subsidize the general people. - Amazing 😉

• 2 weeks later...

You raise a good point Fastcopywriter. When I first saw the service fee, my thoughts were similar.

While Fiverr is still a private company, there are lots of investment bankers courting Fiverr with hopes of underwriting part of a future IPO. If I were a betting man, I’d wager the service fee is being used primarily to shore up margins to make an IPO more attractive.

Perhaps your problem is poor communication skills and/or reading comprehension. Instead of constantly lecturing others on this topic, how about some remedial learning yourself?

Moreover, the “Fiverr is never wrong” shtick is old. Give it a rest. The forum exists to allow users to vent, express opinions, and search for solutions, not to be lectured by a zealot.

Perhaps your problem is poor communication skills and/or reading comprehension. Instead of constantly lecturing others on this topic, how about some remedial learning yourself?

Moreover, the “Fiverr is never wrong” shtick is old. Give it a rest. The forum exists to allow users to vent, express opinions, and search for solutions, not to be lectured by a zealot.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your opinions are duly noted.

You raise a good point Fastcopywriter. When I first saw the service fee, my thoughts were similar.

While Fiverr is still a private company, there are lots of investment bankers courting Fiverr with hopes of underwriting part of a future IPO. If I were a betting man, I’d wager the service fee is being used primarily to shore up margins to make an IPO more attractive.

Interesting point 😉

favicon-32x32.png.a1d1d65fedf50d2c48c5de563a36c99a.png haaretz.com
373210758.thumb.jpg.8be8a974717efe5460dbd3a0a7c56f6c.jpg

Israeli startup Fiverr eyeing IPO at $1 billion valuation

I’d wager the service fee is being used primarily to shore up margins to make an IPO more attractive.

That’s a good insight. My opinion is that Fiverr would be more attractive with more traffic, and maybe advertising which would represent another source of income. Charging fees when you’re already getting 20% per order is a bad idea in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Wow… that’s new. Surprising. As a former business analyst, I would love to see the math and research behind it. And the stats if this is decreasing overall purchases, or no impact.

If I put together the picture right, that sellers complain their orders are decreasing over the past year, this could be a sign Fiverr is about to close it’s doors, and this is a final attempt to squeeze out as much as possible.

Fiverr is about to close it’s doors, and this is a final attempt to squeeze out as much as possible.

Don’t tell me!!!

I ordered one gig after a long time and I have run into this problem…

Good News is that

Fiverr is still on!

Step 1:

I did 2 Jobs of $5 each.

Buyers Paid $7 each = $14 for two jobs.

Fiverr took $6.

Fiverr Earnings Details

Fiverr Took $2 each from buyer = $4 for two jobs.

Fiverr Took $1 each from me = $2 for two jobs.

I got $8 in total.

Step 2:

I ordered a $5 gig.

I paid $7 from my earnings.

Fiverr took $3.

Fiverr Earning Details

Fiverr took $2 from me.

Fiverr took $1 from the seller.

Seller got $4.

I am left with $1!

Summary

$14 spent by initial buyers.

Seller 1 (Me) got $1 (+ work output of $5)

Seller 2 got $4

Fiverr got $9

💰

This is an awesome business!!

Kudos to Fiverr for being able to do this!

🙂

Step 1:

I did 2 Jobs of $5 each.

Buyers Paid $7 each = $14 for two jobs.

Fiverr took $6.

Fiverr Earnings Details

Fiverr Took $2 each from buyer = $4 for two jobs.

Fiverr Took $1 each from me = $2 for two jobs.

I got $8 in total.

Step 2:

I ordered a $5 gig.

I paid $7 from my earnings.

Fiverr took $3.

Fiverr Earning Details

Fiverr took $2 from me.

Fiverr took $1 from the seller.

Seller got $4.

I am left with $1!

Summary

$14 spent by initial buyers.

Seller 1 (Me) got $1 (+ work output of $5)

Seller 2 got $4

Fiverr got $9

💰

This is an awesome business!!

Kudos to Fiverr for being able to do this!

🙂

Crazy numbers you put there.Just crazy…

This is really a bad move, now fiverr is sevenrr.

No, Fiverr is – and will always be – Fiverr. These constant claims that Fiverr is going to change their name to a new number with “rr” on the end, just because they choose to have a larger order fee is ridiculous. I can guarantee, Fiverr will never change their name.

The exchange rate to $ on five pounds is just over $7 . So Fiverr is a UK term for 5 pounds. So $7 is now truely a Fiverr

• 3 months later...

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Since this is Fiverr’s own forum, that’s asking a bit much. However, you can ask Google for alternatives of the kind you’re looking for. Good luck, you’ll need it.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Please respond so we could switch.

It’s like going to an Apple store and asking for a recommendation for the best Samsung phone. I am surprised that you were even expecting a reply to that question. :thinking:

Archived