Service fee charged

rahulkajla1

One of the reason I don’t like to participate on this forum much because of ************ are defending hard.

Guys, reddit is a good alternative and guess what, our old friend Em won’t simply ban user a million years. /r/fiverr

Your insinuation is that we “simply ban a user a million years” which is completely untrue. Aside from a handful of people who broke major rules and/or were removed from Fiverr itself, every other person with a long term ban will have been warned at least 5 times (usually more) temporarily suspended 3+ times and in general, personally asked to refrain from specific behaviors that were inappropriate for the forum.

I’m quite sure that anyone who acts in that way will be removed from any forum by any decent moderator.

Of course, if you have an issue with moderation or a mod action you can contact CS but don’t moan about us not allowing the forum become a free for all or advertise other places on this forum.

Thanks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your insinuation is that we “simply ban a user a million years” which is completely untrue. Aside from a handful of people who broke major rules and/or were removed from Fiverr itself, every other person with a long term ban will have been warned at least 5 times (usually more) temporarily suspended 3+ times and in general, personally asked to refrain from specific behaviors that were inappropriate for the forum.

I’m quite sure that anyone who acts in that way will be removed from any forum by any decent moderator.

Of course, if you have an issue with moderation or a mod action you can contact CS but don’t moan about us not allowing the forum become a free for all or advertise other places on this forum.

Thanks.

I think self-moderation is really important as well. Certainly, I can think of once or twice that I have posted, where in retrospect I wish I hadn’t - I was caught up in the heat of the moment or was just feeling a bit snarky and irritable… But, that need for self-moderation is necessary for all of us - post in haste, repent at leisure… Being a mod must be a pretty thankless task, after all they are seeing (and removing) a ton of stuff that we do not - and they are volunteers, doing this for the overall health of the community.

I am sure it’s sometimes a difficult balance to strike, but given how busy these forums are, and how civil they remain, I think they do a pretty darned good job…

FIVERR ENDING VERY SOON
$2 fees for $5 purchase = 40% + 20% from seller =Total 60% revenue
Ebay and Amazon never reached this 60% profit.
Anyway I disagree with any additional charges from any kind.
And I don’t recommend to anyone to buy with any extra fees, even from myself
This is what we call it in America SCAM - and must make sure that the US government and the IRS knows about this company incomes.

Fiverr admins may not like my opinion and remove my message

FIVERR ENDING VERY SOON

This is what we call it in America SCAM - and must make sure that the US government and the IRS knows about this company incomes.

Pretty sure most people would see that this is not a “scam”. It is clearly shown when you order and you have a choice as to whether to pay it or not.

I don’t like the service fee either but inaccurate accusations like that will just be dismissed as nonsense. Voice your annoyance/upset etc (please do) but be accurate about it.

FIVERR ENDING VERY SOON

It’s only 60% on $5 purchases.

For anything that costs $40+, it’s a 5% fee (plus Fiverr takes the usual 20% from the seller). Is 25% profit that unreasonable?

:stop_sign: ATTENTION BUYERS
As a Seller I am asking all buyers to Stop Buying until Fiverr remove the $2 fees
60% profit is only the clear profit - but there is also some hidden profit when transferring or using credit cards…etc…
😩$2 service fees are non refundable.

These complaints are getting tiresome and monotonous.

Fiverr is a business. As a business, it must concern itself with making money. Increasing service fees is one way of accomplishing this. That is the way of the business world.

Enough already. If the increase is that much of a bother, leave. You are not being held here against your will.

Fiverr is a business. As a business, it must concern itself with making money. Increasing service fees is one way of accomplishing this. That is the way of the business world.

Enough already. If the increase is that much of a bother, leave. You are not being held here against your will.

Likewise no one is forcing you to read the complaints. You are aren’t Fiverr afterall.

That’s not it. I had to cancel an order because seller couldn’t deliver and voila…I got only $5 back. They kept $2. Unlike buyers I can not use those $5 again without spending $2 service charge.

So, basically, if you place an order and seller can’t get the job done…you know who’s affected? This isn’t a bad feature if it is for each and every fiverr user…not just sellers.

CS’s response, “Thank you for contacting us today. When sellers use their revenue to place orders and the order is cancelled, the service fee is not refunded back. To avoid this, you may want to withdraw your funds and then use your PayPal or credit/debit card to place your orders as when orders placed in those ways are cancelled, we can refund them back to your payment provider including the service fee.”

I have spent $15000+ as buyer. Now I am scared to even order a $5 service.

Yeah, this was my recent concern. I got a refund from a fraud gig. They didn’t returned the service fee but that was how it works before but you shouldn’t be charged again for your next order of the same price.

However this doesn’t work anymore this time. Ones you order a new gig from the same refund money you will now be going to be charged again of the service fee and that’s ridiculous.

It seems Fiverr has taken away their Buyer Protection policy. They simply don’t care anymore. They only want your money.

Guest offlinehelpers

Yeah, this was my recent concern. I got a refund from a fraud gig. They didn’t returned the service fee but that was how it works before but you shouldn’t be charged again for your next order of the same price.

However this doesn’t work anymore this time. Ones you order a new gig from the same refund money you will now be going to be charged again of the service fee and that’s ridiculous.

It seems Fiverr has taken away their Buyer Protection policy. They simply don’t care anymore. They only want your money.

I got a refund from a fraud gig.

Does this all go back to a ‘one size fits all’ policy for both cancellations and refunds?

If a buyer orders a gig by mistake then the seller is penalised. If a buyer gets a genuinely duff gig and gets a refund, they’re penalised by not being given the service fee back.

It’s a win-win situation, but not for the buyer, or the seller.

I got a refund from a fraud gig.

Does this all go back to a ‘one size fits all’ policy for both cancellations and refunds?

If a buyer orders a gig by mistake then the seller is penalised. If a buyer gets a genuinely duff gig and gets a refund, they’re penalised by not being given the service fee back.

It’s a win-win situation, but not for the buyer, or the seller.

I am not actually sure about what you meant by the first statement. I haven’t encountered ordering a gig by mistake or vice versa a buyer ordered one of my gig by mistake.

Regarding the second statement. Actually before if you cancelled a duff or fraud gig, you will be refunded “excluding” the service fee but you don’t get to pay the service fee again when ordering the same amount from a different gig. That’s how it should work but again not anymore.

It seems FIverr is trying to tell us that they really don’t care anymore if you’ve been scammed from a gig. Its like they were saying, “Okay you get scammed, here’s your refund but I can’t returned the service fee and by the way find a new gig and pay me the service fee again, ok!”

Guest offlinehelpers

I am not actually sure about what you meant by the first statement. I haven’t encountered ordering a gig by mistake or vice versa a buyer ordered one of my gig by mistake.

Regarding the second statement. Actually before if you cancelled a duff or fraud gig, you will be refunded “excluding” the service fee but you don’t get to pay the service fee again when ordering the same amount from a different gig. That’s how it should work but again not anymore.

It seems FIverr is trying to tell us that they really don’t care anymore if you’ve been scammed from a gig. Its like they were saying, “Okay you get scammed, here’s your refund but I can’t returned the service fee and by the way find a new gig and pay me the service fee again, ok!”

I haven’t encountered ordering a gig by mistake or vice versa a buyer ordered one of my gig by mistake.

If an order is cancelled, regardless of the reason, the seller’s completed stats are reduced, even if the buyer genuinely ordered by mistake. 🙂

I haven’t encountered ordering a gig by mistake or vice versa a buyer ordered one of my gig by mistake.

If an order is cancelled, regardless of the reason, the seller’s completed stats are reduced, even if the buyer genuinely ordered by mistake. 🙂

It seems FIverr is trying to tell us that they really don’t care anymore if you’ve been scammed from a gig.

It seems that Fiverr wants to reduce cancellations, so they’re telling buyers to be more careful when choosing sellers (and if they’re not careful and keep cancelling, well, now there’s a price for that).

It seems FIverr is trying to tell us that they really don’t care anymore if you’ve been scammed from a gig.

It seems that Fiverr wants to reduce cancellations, so they’re telling buyers to be more careful when choosing sellers (and if they’re not careful and keep cancelling, well, now there’s a price for that).

Lol. How do you even know if the seller is not a fraud? Or was trying to trick you.

Your perspective is for dishonest buyers. Now how about dishonest sellers?

Guest offlinehelpers

Lol. How do you even know if the seller is not a fraud? Or was trying to trick you.

Now how about dishonest sellers?

Indeed, and you can’t always judge what might turn out to be a dodgy seller from their profile etc. It’s not always that obvious, sometimes, but not always.

These complaints are getting tiresome and monotonous…

Yes. A BIG amen to that!

If they’d do that case by case, only do that if buyers cancel carelessly, often, I could be behind that approach. If not, and the constantly increasing automation seems to hint at that, not so much.

One of the last gigs I bought (for personal use, from my balance, then without fee) I never got a delivery nor any reaction at all from the seller, apparently the account was abandoned.

If I’d have paid a fee for that and not gotten the fee refunded, and paid the fee a second time to get the same thing done, maybe even another time because of having the bad luck of picking another seller who can’t or won’t deliver for some reason (and I wasn’t a seller, knowing the problems from seller side) I’d probably be miffed. I mean, we do have people here who get disappointed with their purchases (as in no delivery, empty delivery to stop time, etc.) and not all of them for any fault of theirs.

Your perspective is for dishonest buyers.

It’s for all buyers who have a huge percentage of cancellations, for whatever reason. If a buyer chooses the wrong seller after the wrong seller after the wrong seller, they’re not vetting the sellers carefully enough.

Choosing the wrong (fraud, incompetent, whatever) seller can happen to anyone; what I’m talking about is repeatedly choosing the wrong ones, and the price that’s now connected to it (choosing the wrong seller once will cost you $2, but doing it 10 times will cost you $20).

If they’d do that case by case, only do that if buyers cancel carelessly, often, I could be behind that approach. If not, and the constantly increasing automation seems to hint at that, not so much.

I’m not saying that I agree with their approach, I’m just guessing one of the possible reasons for doing it. 🙂 I’d like to see them checking whether the cancellation was the buyer’s, the seller’s or nobody’s fault, and acting accordingly, but I doubt that it’s going to happen. They’d need to hire a lot more people and increase the fees even more to cover the costs; automation is cheaper.

Your perspective is for dishonest buyers.

It’s for all buyers who have a huge percentage of cancellations, for whatever reason. If a buyer chooses the wrong seller after the wrong seller after the wrong seller, they’re not vetting the sellers carefully enough.

Choosing the wrong (fraud, incompetent, whatever) seller can happen to anyone; what I’m talking about is repeatedly choosing the wrong ones, and the price that’s now connected to it (choosing the wrong seller once will cost you $2, but doing it 10 times will cost you $20).

I’m not saying that I agree with their approach, I’m just guessing one of the possible reasons for doing it. 🙂 I’d like to see them checking whether the cancellation was the buyer’s, the seller’s or nobody’s fault, and acting accordingly, but I doubt that it’s going to happen. They’d need to hire a lot more people and increase the fees even more to cover the costs; automation is cheaper.

If a buyer chooses the wrong seller after the wrong seller after the wrong seller, they’re not vetting the sellers carefully enough.

Well how could you even tell? I’ve been scammed by a seller who has a 5 star rating from 35 orders. Feel pity for those 35 who don’t even know that they’ve been tricked. So how do you exactly vet a good seller from the ones that are not? Easy to say actually.

Choosing the wrong (fraud, incompetent, whatever) seller can happen to anyone; what I’m talking about is repeatedly choosing the wrong ones

As you said it really can happen to anyone. It may not happen today but it can happen next month and a month after. That could still be repeated but was not your fault. Who would really want that to happen? It only waste your time specially if you needed the service urgent.

So, going back:

It seems that Fiverr wants to reduce cancellations

So you are saying that everyone should suffer from the fault of the minority? Even though the cancellation were of a legit reasons?

Guest offlinehelpers

If a buyer chooses the wrong seller after the wrong seller after the wrong seller, they’re not vetting the sellers carefully enough.

Well how could you even tell? I’ve been scammed by a seller who has a 5 star rating from 35 orders. Feel pity for those 35 who don’t even know that they’ve been tricked. So how do you exactly vet a good seller from the ones that are not? Easy to say actually.

Choosing the wrong (fraud, incompetent, whatever) seller can happen to anyone; what I’m talking about is repeatedly choosing the wrong ones

As you said it really can happen to anyone. It may not happen today but it can happen next month and a month after. That could still be repeated but was not your fault. Who would really want that to happen? It only waste your time specially if you needed the service urgent.

So, going back:

So you are saying that everyone should suffer from the fault of the minority? Even though the cancellation were of a legit reasons?

Honestly, as sellers as well as buyers, we all agree on this! We really do! 🙂

Sellers shouldn’t be penalised for buyers’ ‘ordered by mistake’ and buyers should get their service fee back if they come across a seller who can’t do what they promised for whatever reason.

So, going back:

I never said that they should, just that it seems to be Fiverr’s thinking. A lot of people, both buyers and sellers, end up punished because of a dishonest minority.

One of the last gigs I bought (for personal use, from my balance, then without fee) I never got a delivery nor any reaction at all from the seller, apparently the account was abandoned.

If I’d have paid a fee for that and not gotten the fee refunded, and paid the fee a second time to get the same thing done, maybe even another time because of having the bad luck of picking another seller who can’t or won’t deliver for some reason (and I wasn’t a seller, knowing the problems from seller side) I’d probably be miffed. I mean, we do have people here who get disappointed with their purchases (as in no delivery, empty delivery to stop time, etc.) and not all of them for any fault of theirs.

If I’d have paid a fee for that and not gotten the fee refunded, and paid the fee a second time to get the same thing done, maybe even another time because of having the bad luck of picking another seller who can’t or won’t deliver for some reason (and I wasn’t a seller, knowing the problems from seller side) I’d probably be miffed.

I don’t agree with the new fee raises precisely because of this. However, like I have said before, much of the hostility behind this could have been completely avoided if Fiverr had made an official announcement.

I use some software which I need to renew my license on every November. I have already received an email informing me that from October, my license fee will increase by over $200! - That’s massive. However, the email itself has been worded in such a way which states: "Due to increased demand and our commitment to bring you more X software features etc etc."

Will I renew my license in November? Yes. - Especially since bugs which were everywhere a year or so ago have been ironed out and I already benefit from more built-in features.

Would I renew my license in November if I wasn’t made aware of a substantial price rise in advance? No. At least not without ranting and hitting social media to complain about feeling entrapped and the company in question not giving me fair notice etc.

I do not think it unreasonable to expect that a lot of Fiverr buyers currently feel the same way. - Especially resellers who outsource work to Fiverr and need to cost their own prices accordingly. (i.e. The majority of many repeat client who use Fiverr.)

If I was a customer would I be miffed? Yes. Would I now be searching Google for ‘alternatives to Fiverr?’ Yes. Would I still buy from Fiverr regardless? Yes. - But probably with a lot less trust than previously.

People can debate the pros and cons of fee increases all they want. What the real problem here is, though, is catastrophic communication.

Archived