Identity Verification

rasia_m

Guest offlinehelpers

We know - you’ve mentioned it a couple of times. Moving on…

I feel like I want to invite you to dinner 🙂

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem - unusual font used in it BTW…

The font was the first thing I noticed too. Either CS was jealous of all our UI updates and got one too or they are allowed to personalize their replies now as they already need to use canned responses. 😉

What about if 2 people using same IP here, maybe support just want to be sure that there are 2 people involved by adding IDs from them?

What about if 2 people using same IP here, maybe support just want to be sure that there are 2 people involved by adding IDs from them?

No idea! Possibly! But, it’s a huge deal to not notify ALL users if this plan was in place.

Fishy 🐟

@fahimulkarim Are you sure you weren’t logged in a hacked site?

No idea! Possibly! But, it’s a huge deal to not notify ALL users if this plan was in place.

Fishy 🐟

@fahimulkarim Are you sure you weren’t logged in a hacked site?

That is it. Huge thing like that Fiverr would notify for sure

I’m just thinking - soon after I started, I had an issue with my Fiverr account and email and needed to change it. They asked me for ID so I gave it to them.

This could even be just one person who was banned incorrectly or some other simple explanation for the request.

Whenever something big happens, the forum gets flooded with posts about it. We have one screenshot from someone who wasn’t even the original recipient!

You know, this could all stem from Fiverr actually being decent and giving certain users the chance to verify they are legitimate sellers. In the country mentioned, shared IP is extremely common which may make some sellers look like some people have multiple accounts when they actually don’t.

You know, this could all stem from Fiverr actually being decent and giving certain users the chance to verify they are legitimate sellers. In the country mentioned, shared IP is extremely common

And what stops someone who wants to use multiple accounts having their brother, sister, gran, sign up using their government ID? - Only for all accounts still to be administered by one person with a VPN or similar?

Also, rolling this out to users in one locality would be a bit prejudice.

You know, this could all stem from Fiverr actually being decent and giving certain users the chance to verify they are legitimate sellers. In the country mentioned, shared IP is extremely common

And what stops someone who wants to use multiple accounts having their brother, sister, gran, sign up using their government ID? - Only for all accounts still to be administered by one person with a VPN or similar?

But in my hypothetical scenario, it is not the country being targeted, it is the way shared IP is so common that makes those in that country most affected.

I could have all 13 of my kids sign up and run their accounts? I’M JOKING FIVERR I AM NOT A MOM

Another conspiracy theory line, maybe it is a phishing attempt, trying to get ID of a Fiverr seller to open an account on Up****, like some sellers get asked to let people take over their PC to open an account elsewhere.

I could have all 13 of my kids sign up and run their accounts? I’M JOKING FIVERR I AM NOT A MOM

I could have all 13 of my kids sign up and run their accounts?

That’s why they would have to verify their identity if its coming from the same IP address…Phone verification alone does not work because a single person can have multiple phone numbers

I could have all 13 of my kids sign up and run their accounts?

If you want to birth a football team and a few reserve goal keepers, go right at ahead. 🙂

Don’t worry this ID Verification will great great seller like @eoinfinnegan @nikavoice @uxreview, @fonthaunt, @misscrystal @arty182925 @cyaxrex because buyers like me know all the great sellers and we want to prevent the bad ones from ruining it for everyone

Change is good sometimes but it can be uncomfortable too…

Please stop tagging me in patronising comments like this. I can assure you I have spent many times more than you on this site with over 200 purchases. “Buyers like me” is an irritating phrase that buyers like me really detest. Sure, finding good sellers can be difficult sometimes but I have had less than 10 purchases which were not 5 star reviews that deserved them.

I could do that with another ticket and mspaint, including the odd font. I’m not saying this isn’t real. I’m saying let’s wait and see without more mud-slinging.

(This isn’t directed at you, @offlinehelpers. Thanks for screenshot.)

My autocorrect changed this the first time, so I fixed it.

I don’t why do you not believe the evidence I provide. Check out the whole conversation. And my mobile fonts are not the default font. I changed that.

The screenshot attached is from my PC (I just hide my email address from here).

2118266731_FireShotCapture110-Gmail-FiverrCustomerSupport-Re_27_-https___mail.google.com_mail_u_0_.thumb.jpg.f8eb139e44335e64b0a975901671b47d.jpg

Don’t worry this ID Verification will great great seller like @eoinfinnegan @nikavoice @uxreview, @fonthaunt, @misscrystal @arty182925 @cyaxrex because buyers like me know all the great sellers and we want to prevent the bad ones from ruining it for everyone

Change is good sometimes but it can be uncomfortable too…

Stop tagging me too. And stop constantly saying how there are bad sellers please. It’s so negative and paranoid.

Guest offlinehelpers

I don’t why do you not believe the evidence I provide. Check out the whole conversation. And my mobile fonts are not the default font. I changed that.

Thank you! @fahimulkarim 🙂

@fahimulkarim I appreciate you doing this. We’re just trying to get at the bottom of this mystery.🙂

That seems pretty clear! Yikes

Archived