Identity Verification

rasia_m

Something it’s not perfectly clear.

From the ToS:

We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, so please re-visit this page frequently.

Changes to this privacy policy are effective as of the stated “Last Update” and your continued use of the Site on or after the Last Update date will constitute acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those changes.

The last update is January 2017. No mention of IDs, but this:

We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this privacy policy.

That is quite different from asking directly the ID.

We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this privacy policy.

I personally read that as: “In future, we plan to do things with your ID other than verifying your identity on our platform. Stay posted!”

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the ToS:

We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, so please re-visit this page frequently.

Changes to this privacy policy are effective as of the stated “Last Update” and your continued use of the Site on or after the Last Update date will constitute acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those changes.

That is quite different from asking directly the ID.

Wow, that’s a really long wait. Totally sucks!

It seems like many good Sellers will be left out in the cold. 😟

If Fiverr gave people advance notice, people would be better prepared for this change.

Excellent point. 💥

I’ll be honest, I get tired of hearing about these updates and such from other Sellers.

Where are the official emails or notifications? Why should we go hunting down threads to get this information? What if I don’t have time to visit the forum, yanno. 😕

I personally read that as: “In future, we plan to do things with your ID other than verifying your identity on our platform. Stay posted!”

@cyaxrex

I remember telling fiverr to implement an ID verification system when I first signed up because phone verification is not enough…And a Fiverr CS told me that he would forward my request to their developers…I am glad that the developers at Fiverr finally considered it as a good idea…

I rather read the paragraph like this:

“We may collect other information with your consent”.

They may ask them. I can say no. The “no” is not binding. The ToS are not updated.

Guest offlinehelpers

I’ve also asked this question as well. Because I don’t have national ID card yet.

Yikes! Would it be hard for you to get a National ID? I’m not sure where you’re from.

To obtain a US passport it takes 4-6 weeks and a little over 100 bucks. The ID is obvs quicker to obtain and less expensive.

Passport - £75.50 for the passport, about £30 for a letter from my GP confirming I am who I say I am, and 3 weeks minimum wait.

@cyaxrex

I remember telling fiverr to implement an ID verification system when I first signed up because phone verification is not enough…And a Fiverr CS told me that he would forward my request to their developers…I am glad that the developers at Fiverr finally considered it as a good idea…

Yes, you are the savior of Fiverr as we know it. All that is left to do is hope and pray that one day all sellers have as much integrity as you do. Just imagine the ratings and customer satisfaction boom.

Guest offlinehelpers

Can I ask please where was the screenshot seen asking for ID - what was the poster doing when it popped up?

Passport - £75.50 for the passport, about £30 for a letter from my GP confirming I am who I say I am, and 3 weeks minimum wait.

Plus $7.50 for the passport photos and a bit more for the post office check and send!

Then by that time you will have been booted off the platform and be making a gross loss of £123 at least.

There is really no excuse for not announcing this.

Guest offlinehelpers

Plus $7.50 for the passport photos and a bit more for the post office check and send!

Then by that time you will have been booted off the platform and be making a gross loss of £123 at least.

Then by that time you will have been booted off the platform and be making a gross loss of £123 at least

Believe me Cy - it ain’t going to happen. I’ve made a point of not having a passport - I’m not going to get one now when I have no intention of travelling anywhere.

Ugh! Time-consuming, pain in the arse and lots of money, too.

None whatsoever. It’s not like this thing is a beta feature.

if they don’t have any of the above.

Would you be able to get something to pass the verification process? 🙁

I’ve also asked this question as well. Because I don’t have national ID card yet.

Screenshot_308

May I ask when did you receive this notice?

Then by that time you will have been booted off the platform and be making a gross loss of £123 at least

Believe me Cy - it ain’t going to happen. I’ve made a point of not having a passport - I’m not going to get one now when I have no intention of travelling anywhere.

Free Man on the Land Ey? - You might not get that but it is not offensive or meant as such in any way.

I am actually leaning toward not participating in this myself. I have no problem verifying my identity to a reputable organization which I choose to do business with, when that organization is transparent with regard to how it operates and stands by it’s own security and quality standards.

At present, it would take someone at Fiverr 1-day to identify and get rid of literally 100’s of stolen Videohive template gigs, (like those being discussed in a similar thread). In like regard, ID verification on the buyer side could put an end to all chargebacks.

As it is, I do not see how seller ID verification benefits the marketplace. Not unless this is designed to provide Fiverr with a way to pass on user details in cases like the big Amazon review debacle from a few years ago.

I am not worried about anyone suing me. However, the problem with the above scenario is that since Fiverr seems to side with buyers a lot more than with sellers during disputes, what is to stop Fiverr from handing over my ID details to a random disgruntled buyer with a grudge one day?

Of course, all this is me theorizing a lot of why’s and what if’s. However, by not announcing this or giving sellers fair warning, Fiverr to me has already undermined my trust.

Guest offlinehelpers

Free Man on the Land Ey? - You might not get that but it is not offensive or meant as such in any way.

I am actually leaning toward not participating in this myself. I have no problem verifying my identity to a reputable organization which I choose to do business with, when that organization is transparent with regard to how it operates and stands by it’s own security and quality standards.

At present, it would take someone at Fiverr 1-day to identify and get rid of literally 100’s of stolen Videohive template gigs, (like those being discussed in a similar thread). In like regard, ID verification on the buyer side could put an end to all chargebacks.

As it is, I do not see how seller ID verification benefits the marketplace. Not unless this is designed to provide Fiverr with a way to pass on user details in cases like the big Amazon review debacle from a few years ago.

I am not worried about anyone suing me. However, the problem with the above scenario is that since Fiverr seems to side with buyers a lot more than with sellers during disputes, what is to stop Fiverr from handing over my ID details to a random disgruntled buyer with a grudge one day?

Of course, all this is me theorizing a lot of why’s and what if’s. However, by not announcing this or giving sellers fair warning, Fiverr to me has already undermined my trust.

Free Man on the Land

That’s me - mainly from ‘The Prisoner’ 🙂

Slightly different, but you get my drift.

As it is, I do not see how seller ID verification benefits the marketplace

You know paypal requires ID verification for safety purposes…So for Fiverr, its all for a safe marketplace my brother

May I ask when did you receive this notice?

I didn’t get any notice. I saw this (See the image attached) in our local fiverr community last night. Then I send this to fiverr team and asked it’s true or not, then they confirmed it in their reply today.

FB_IMG_1526659260468.jpg.b364aca155e9bd71e68ea2a5b67c75ab.jpg

I didn’t get any notice. I saw this (See the image attached) in our local fiverr community last night. Then I send this to fiverr team and asked it’s true or not, then they confirmed it in their reply today.

I saw this (See the image attached) in our local fiverr community last night.

What local fiverr community is that?

I saw this (See the image attached) in our local fiverr community last night.

What local fiverr community is that?

It’s a social media group, name ********

Mod Note: FB group name removed, for any Fiverr related news, please follow Fiverr forum or Fiverr’s official social contacts.

Hmm it’s hard for me to get the national ID. I’m from Bangladesh. Our Govt. not serious about this issue I think. I had registered at 2014 for NID but still waiting for the ID. 😥

Say what?

It’s a social media group, name **************

Very interesting, so it appears an official notice will not be sent out. People will get hit with this lovely surprise when they login. I wonder why this was mentioned in a group instead of sitewide?

📌Please complete this process within the next 7 days to continue on offering your services on Fiverr.

Ouch! Considering people having to apply for ID/passport this is no bueno (no good)

📌Your ID will remain private and will never be shared with other users on Fiverr.

I surely hope so.

Mod Note: quoted text edited.

It’s a social media group, name ********

Mod Note: FB group name removed, for any Fiverr related news, please follow Fiverr forum or Fiverr’s official social contacts.

It’s a social media group, name ************

Thank you. So far it looks like it’s a local thing in some areas possibly.

i saw your other forum post as you disclose you’re buyer. Buyers should also verify their ID before any purchase? is it going to happen by fiverr? No … fiverr don’t have guts to do this for buyers. They can only put all their rules on seller head. If they apply ID verification rules for Buyers. i am sure 99% buyers will move on from fiverr. This is most fact!! Sellers are slave and they don’t have their any privacy.

I am big supporter of the rule of Stop the fake accounts and sellers who have multiple accounts. But taking my very personal data is big theft on me.

fiverr don’t have guts to do this for buyers

We are spending money that’s why they want to keep buyers like me and others happy…Its all for a safe marketplace…Some smart buyers like me would signup as a seller to see what’s going on the seller’s side before we ask customer service to make changes because I see alot buyers signing up as sellers to test the sellers side and see what’s really happening on the seller’s side before asking customer service to make any change…

Thanks for sharing the screenie. 🙂

Say what?

It’s a social media group, name **************

Very interesting, so it appears an official notice will not be sent out. People will get hit with this lovely surprise when they login. I wonder why this was mentioned in a group instead of sitewide?

📌Please complete this process within the next 7 days to continue on offering your services on Fiverr.

Ouch! Considering people having to apply for ID/passport this is no bueno (no good)

📌Your ID will remain private and will never be shared with other users on Fiverr.

I surely hope so.

can they guarantee us. they will provide security on our personal data and they will not use that for any other purpose?

if they will give me written document then i can give. I am sure they will not as their past record. Fiverr do not important for seller.

can they guarantee us. they will provide security on our personal data and they will not use that for any other purpose?

if they will give me written document then i can give. I am sure they will not as their past record. Fiverr do not important for seller.

All sellers paying 20% of their selling revenue then why fiverr do not give any important to us because sellers are not united!! We do not use fiverr in FREE - 20% is big amount.

All sellers paying 20% of their selling revenue then why fiverr do not give any important to us because sellers are not united!! We do not use fiverr in FREE - 20% is big amount.

All sellers paying 20% of their selling revenue then why fiverr do not give any important to us because sellers are not united!!

In customer service, the buyer is always the boss that’s why CS cares more about buyers…

Archived