Identity Verification

rasia_m

Hmm it will be a better process. Because there are so many fake sellers and many sellers with multiple account from our country.

I don’t think fiverr security is weak. They should delete our personal info after verify our identity.

many fake sellers and many sellers with multiple account from our country.

I’m favor of STOP THE SELLERS - Who have multiple account and fake account. But that can be by 100s of other way. Collecting person sensitive data should not be allow!!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fiverr will take that responsibility on their head?

Isn’t Fiverr protecting Buyer’s & sellers 💲 Data is a big deal for them?

I agree with you. But Fiverr doesn’t protect sellers revenue all time (e.g: PayPal dispute). I lost my money after 3 months of an order completed.

I agree with you. But Fiverr doesn’t protect sellers revenue all time (e.g: PayPal dispute). I lost my money after 3 months of an order completed.

I can show a seller thread on this forum. Order has cancel by fiverr support after 2 years. 100% sure fiverr will not secure anything for seller. Even any seller do goes for ask the information to the CS. They do not give all information - As they do say. We can not give information for protecting their ETA…!! LOL. It’s big flaws.

That’s another thing, you may contact CS about that issue.

Anyone can give information - Fiverr are asking ID verification to the BUYERS too? As everyone do say, Fiverr have many fake accounts and sellers - I believe in this and i do agree. But Nobody do say - Fiverr have fraud buyers and fake buyers. Who do just take job and refund their money too!! Don’t you think?

I can’t say that I am thrilled about this.

Firstly, while I have a photo ID, it is not the law to have a photo ID in my home country. Nor, (I believe) is it a legal requirement in the U.S. What is more, since I am technically considered to be epileptic, I am not allowed a drivers licence. As such, if I didn’t have a passport, I would now have to go out and purchase one.

So, with it taking 4-8 weeks to get a passport in the UK (unless one pays for a fast track application) how will Fiverr ensure that users not already in possession of some form of photo ID, won’t get banned while rushing out to get one?

Secondly, if this rule was extended to buyers, it would completely put an end to Paypal charge-backs. In this case, will we see this happen?

Lastly, I’m sorry but I simply don’t feel comfortable handing over my ID to Fiverr. You are talking about a company which is notoriously hard to contact directly (unless you love robots) which so far, has neither announced this move officially, nor made available details of any kind of data protection policy.

In short, if this is true, it is really high time that Fiverr stopped with the surprise: “Hey we’re doing this now, deal with it.” And started communicating key policy and user updates in a timely manner.

Guest offlinehelpers

UK resident - no current passport, ancient paper (non-photo) driving licence, no photo identity.

I don’t think so, Fiverr security is stronger than Facebook security OR MICROSOFT security.

As worlds know recently - Microsoft security had failed to RANDSOM hackers and Facebook as analytica and many more…

Even My country Supreme Court has banned the govt. rules about Universal ID mandatory.

Fiverr security is stronger than Facebook security OR MICROSOFT security.

fiverr wants to collect a big data base on ID basis…Might be they will sell and earn to that… As other companies does.

I’m not favoring this change either, but let’s not just say random things here 😛

Hmm, interesting development. :thinking: I haven’t received this confirmation.

Maybe Fiverr is just targeting certain accounts?

I do have valid ID/Driver’s License etc. I’m not sure if I’m 💯% OK with providing with this info. However, if it’s mandatory, I guess I don’t have a choice. I don’t have anything to hide, but I do value my privacy and security.

I think it’s GREAT Fiverr is getting rid of the riff-raff bogus accounts tho. :ok_hand:t4:

Question anybody from the 🇺🇸 received this message?

My opinion:

When $ is involved, I am all for ID verification if done correctly and securely. This will cut down on a lot of fake sellers and clean up the marketplace a bit. That being said, I somewhat agree with @cyaxrex that the same should be extended to buyers also as this may help in cutting down chargebacks.

Hmm, interesting development. :thinking: I haven’t received this confirmation.

I do have valid ID/Driver’s License etc. I’m not sure if I’m 💯% OK with providing with this info. However, if it’s mandatory, I guess I don’t have a choice. I don’t have anything to hide, but I do value my privacy and security.

I think it’s GREAT Fiverr is getting rid of the riff-raff bogus accounts tho. :ok_hand:t4:

Question anybody from the 🇺🇸 received this message?

I think this for all users. As they said:

Screenshot_307.png.15de1c38495b51a4713bb728a5493bad.png

UK resident - no current passport, ancient paper (non-photo) driving licence, no photo identity.

This puts other Sellers in a pickle if they don’t have any of the above.

Would you be able to get something to pass the verification process? 🙁

This puts other Sellers in a pickle if they don’t have any of the above.

if they don’t have any of the above.

I’ve also asked this question as well. Because I don’t have national ID card yet.

Screenshot_308.png.de03f5e3b36f84e0cd734ed2e5a8112e.png

if they don’t have any of the above.

I’ve also asked this question as well. Because I don’t have national ID card yet.

Screenshot_308

Yikes! Would it be hard for you to get a National ID? I’m not sure where you’re from.

To obtain a US passport it takes 4-6 weeks and a little over 100 bucks. The ID is obvs quicker to obtain and less expensive.

Yikes! Would it be hard for you to get a National ID? I’m not sure where you’re from.

To obtain a US passport it takes 4-6 weeks and a little over 100 bucks. The ID is obvs quicker to obtain and less expensive.

Hmm it’s hard for me to get the national ID. I’m from Bangladesh. Our Govt. not serious about this issue I think. I had registered at 2014 for NID but still waiting for the ID. 😥

Something it’s not perfectly clear.

From the ToS:

We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, so please re-visit this page frequently.
Changes to this privacy policy are effective as of the stated “Last Update” and your continued use of the Site on or after the Last Update date will constitute acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those changes.

The last update is January 2017. No mention of IDs, but this:

We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this privacy policy.

That is quite different from asking directly the ID.

Archived