Identity Verification

rasia_m

Is there some unfortunate fiverr employee who has to look at all 143,483,473 I.D.s and judge them for validations? (I love how posts are flagged even after they are deleted by the author)

Is there some unfortunate fiverr employee who has to look at all 143,483,473 I.D.s and judge them for validations?

With financial services organizations, it can take up to a week to verify new users identity. So yes, a human eye should have to pass over user details. And yes, funny that. I’ll have to add removing posts to my never ending list of words and phrases it seems I specifically upset the forum community by using

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there some unfortunate fiverr employee who has to look at all 143,483,473 I.D.s and judge them for validations?

With financial services organizations, it can take up to a week to verify new users identity. So yes, a human eye should have to pass over user details. And yes, funny that. I’ll have to add removing posts to my never ending list of words and phrases it seems I specifically upset the forum community by using

With financial services organizations, it can take up to a week to verify new users identity. So yes, a human eye should have to pass over user details

I have asked Fiverr Customer Support questions on how ID Verification is going to be implemented and I’m waiting on their reply…I’ll keep you all updated and if you have any concerns that you would like to be addressed, I’ll be happy to let CS know when they reply me…I love helping people

Is there some unfortunate fiverr employee who has to look at all 143,483,473 I.D.s and judge them for validations? (I love how posts are flagged even after they are deleted by the author)

Yes, rumour has it they have one who works 24/7/365, her name is discobot or something and it shouldn´t take her more than a weekend, all while she´s cheering up the 9-5 employees with wise quotes on the side and shuffles gigs around after SLD.

With financial services organizations, it can take up to a week to verify new users identity.

Modern ones are pretty quick now, I could verify my identity for a bank account in a video call, was a matter of 3 minutes. A real bank, with full German banking license. Amazing, it’s not been long ago that you had to show up in person for a bank account.

With financial services organizations, it can take up to a week to verify new users identity. So yes, a human eye should have to pass over user details

I have asked Fiverr Customer Support questions on how ID Verification is going to be implemented and I’m waiting on their reply…I’ll keep you all updated and if you have any concerns that you would like to be addressed, I’ll be happy to let CS know when they reply me…I love helping people

I think the most critical thing to remember is that ID verification has been used by Fiverr before. It is used in many different circumstances from proof of identity to release funds after a ban to proof of location after an IP issue. The real question isn’t whether or not Fiverr ever uses ID verification because they do. The question is whether or not they are adding a new validation process that will be for every single Fiverr user including sellers and people who have never sold gigs.

This thread has gone fairly wild and the moderation team has agreed to close it at this time. When there is news available that really clears this up and applies to a large number of users, we’ll go from there.

I think the most critical thing to remember is that ID verification has been used by Fiverr before. It is used in many different circumstances from proof of identity to release funds after a ban to proof of location after an IP issue. The real question isn’t whether or not Fiverr ever uses ID verification because they do. The question is whether or not they are adding a new validation process that will be for every single Fiverr user including sellers and people who have never sold gigs.

This thread has gone fairly wild and the moderation team has agreed to close it at this time. When there is news available that really clears this up and applies to a large number of users, we’ll go from there.

Wow, this test cause quite the commotion here in the forum.

ID verification is a new process that is currently in beta for a small group of sellers.

Why would we do this? To ensure that we continue growing our trustworthy and reliable community of sellers.

That being said, this is only a beta test. If/when we do roll it out to more sellers, more detailed messaging will be provided to everyone.

Wow, this test cause quite the commotion here in the forum.

ID verification is a new process that is currently in beta for a small group of sellers.

Why would we do this? To ensure that we continue growing our trustworthy and reliable community of sellers.

That being said, this is only a beta test. If/when we do roll it out to more sellers, more detailed messaging will be provided to everyone.

Thank you!

Archived