Identity Verification

rasia_m

That is a special social group in a certain area of the world where people are learning to be fiverr sellers. I don’t think it applies to anyone else. It seems to be a course that is being taught. In most college classes you need to show identification before you can participate, so this is nothing unusual. I am guessing that a certificate will be awarded upon completion of the course.

I don´t think they can nor should limit such things to “certain areas”, they´d lose a credibility. All or none.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like some other people, I can see the reasons (but come on, “to secure all user accounts”…) but I can´t say I´m happy to hand over my ID data to a company that already has my payment details and who doesn´t disclose anything about security nor replies to questions about it in threads of theirs. I believe my one still unanswered very old ticket is one regarding a security issue too.

But such things should really be done before you finish the registration process, same as they should tell people that the name they register with will be not a backend administration name but what is visible to everyone and forever, all the no exchange of private information, we value your privacy etc. and then this u-turn.

Like with other stuff as things that aren´t our fault counting against us, the options are comply, or leave, of course. Nothing to get worked up about.

Why should we leave? we have paid many thousand dollars$ to our sells revenue as their 20% commission. If someone do say - we do pay 20% because fiverr do provide buyers and allow us to use fiverr… that’s not 100% true. As fiverr clear statement - they do not provide buyers or order guarantee. They just provide us a platform for sell our services.

So that - Sellers must have to stand for themself and their data protection.

@fahimulkarim shared this screenies with moi. 🔻

I didn’t get any notice. I saw this (See the image attached) in our local fiverr community last night. Then I send this to fiverr team and asked it’s true or not, then they confirmed it in their reply today. [FB_IMG_1526659260468]
I’ve also asked this question as well. Because I don’t have national ID card yet. [screenshot_308]

saw this (See the image attached) in our local fiverr community last night. Then I send this to fiverr team and asked it’s true or not, then they confirmed it in their reply today.

You showed the same image twice. It is a photo taken of a display. If Fiverr Customer Support confirmed it, they would have sent you a response to a ticket. Can you show that? I have already seen the questionable photograph. Not one person has shown anything else.

Why should we leave? we have paid many thousand dollars$ to our sells revenue as their 20% commission. If someone do say - we do pay 20% because fiverr do provide buyers and allow us to use fiverr… that’s not 100% true. As fiverr clear statement - they do not provide buyers or order guarantee. They just provide us a platform for sell our services.

So that - Sellers must have to stand for themself and their data protection.

Who told you to leave? Not me, certainly. I stated that we can do what they ask of us, or leave.

If you read my whole post, I did ask about security issues, both in an official thread of staff, and in a ticket, both got ignored. I´m still here.

saw this (See the image attached) in our local fiverr community last night. Then I send this to fiverr team and asked it’s true or not, then they confirmed it in their reply today.

You showed the same image twice. It is a photo taken of a display. If Fiverr Customer Support confirmed it, they would have sent you a response to a ticket. Can you show that? I have already seen the questionable photograph. Not one person has shown anything else.

@fahimulkarim Read this post, please. Thank You!

I need more evidence.

Someone mentioned that it was a message shown in a certain locality only.

Someone mentioned that it was a message shown in a certain locality only.

I have so far seen one single photo 're-pasted. Perhaps it applies to one person, is not real, or has been misunderstood. Perhaps it is real. This is a lot of arguing so far over one single photo, I think.

I’m surprised that Fiverr would do this just before GDPR, while they haven’t even covered that. While others are trying to map their data collection and get ready for data deletion requests, Fiverr decides to add more sensitive data to their database. :thinking:

So I’m a bit skeptical about this whole thing.

I’m surprised that Fiverr would do this just before GDPR, while they haven’t even covered that. While others are trying to map their data collection and get ready for data deletion requests, Fiverr decides to add more sensitive data to their database. :thinking:

So I’m a bit skeptical about this whole thing.

Maybe they want the data before they need to delete it? 😉

Who told you to leave? Not me, certainly. I stated that we can do what they ask of us, or leave.

If you read my whole post, I did ask about security issues, both in an official thread of staff, and in a ticket, both got ignored. I´m still here.

I stated that we can do what they ask of us, or leave

Okay. i have simple question - if they say - give your bank account password for verify - that’s your bank account Or you can leave to the site.

what you’ll do?

I find it strange that no other user is confirming this development. If any users (lurking) received this notification please step right up. A sitewide notification is best. Tired of playing the guessing game!

I saw a chupacabra in my neighborhood. Well, my friend did. Well, a friend of a friend who knows a guy that did.

Okay. i have simple question - if they say - give your bank account password for verify - that’s your bank account Or you can leave to the site.

what you’ll do?

Simple answer - they won´t.

Look, you´re barking up the wrong tree. Really.

Guest offlinehelpers

There was a message reportedly from CS posted here:

It’s true. I’ve asked the fiverr team about the issue and they confirmed it.! [32861044_2087039621556879_7496834031841968128_n]

what you’ll do?

what you’ll do?

I would verify who “THEY” is.

You know, this could all stem from Fiverr actually being decent and giving certain users the chance to verify they are legitimate sellers. In the country mentioned, shared IP is extremely common which may make some sellers look like some people have multiple accounts when they actually don’t.

You know, this could all stem from Fiverr actually being decent and giving certain users the chance to verify they are legitimate sellers.

@eoinfinnegan You nailed it…

There was a message reportedly from CS posted here:

It’s true. I’ve asked the fiverr team about the issue and they confirmed it.! [32861044_2087039621556879_7496834031841968128_n]

I could do that with another ticket and mspaint, including the odd font. I’m not saying this isn’t real. I’m saying let’s wait and see without more mud-slinging.

(This isn’t directed at you, @offlinehelpers. Thanks for screenshot.)

My autocorrect changed this the first time, so I fixed it.

that’s not the answer…

you believe - they wouldn’t. personal sensitive data is equal to your password.

It´s not. I need to give out my bank account number to quite a few entities. None of them ever asked nor ever will ask for my banking password.

I´m very aware of security issues. As I said, I asked questions which nobody wanted to answer. But please let´s stay realistic.

Guest offlinehelpers

I could do that with another ticket and mspaint, including the odd font. I’m not saying this isn’t real. I’m saying let’s wait and see without more mud-slinging.

(This isn’t directed at you, @offlinehelpers. Thanks for screenshot.)

My autocorrect changed this the first time, so I fixed it.

No problem - unusual font used in it BTW…

Archived