Are You Excited About Fifa World Cup 2018 in Russia?

wordpress_whiz

poll2  

48 members have voted

1. 1. poll2

• Belgium /images/emoji/twitter/belgium.png?v=5
    • England ! Englandminiflag

MMA.

American viewership of soccer is almost non existent, other than as a kids game on Saturday afternoons because there’s no chance of anyone getting hurt.

American viewership of soccer is almost non existent, other than as a kids game on Saturday afternoons because there’s no chance of anyone getting hurt.

They do have the highest attendances for Ladies soccer though - perhaps Americans wont get behind something until they are the best at it?

BTW do you remember 2006 finals and ZIdane - Materazzi thing?

I was in Italy for that World Cup, supporting Italy, but Zidane was my childhood hero so it was a time of mixed emotions!

Might be that way, yet it couldn’t bother me how someone is kicking a ball.

There is also a TV-show here in NL were people, who don’t even play the game, discuss for hours how others played the game. The talking takes longer than the game itself.

True - there is way too much droning on about the game. In many ways soccer, and other sports, take the place of battle/fighting which appeal to a large part of humanity.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also a TV-show here in NL were people, who don’t even play the game, discuss for hours how others played the game. The talking takes longer than the game itself.

Mod Note: Reply edited as considering that the forum is essentially a PG13 place

It’s all good.

Balls are overrated. 😄

Guest offlinehelpers

Not the World Cup, but 2 stunning goals from Gareth Bale tonight in the Champions’ League! Well done to Real Madrid!

most of countries it’s called by Football. The name “soccer” is actually the older name for the sport, even in Britain. Some time in the 19th C., however, the name changed to “football” in the UK, probably due to the rise of Association matches.

I’ll just leave this here

Sadly, I feel I may have to give up my dream of being a pro footballer and really focus on my Fiverr career having seen John O Shea (guy in the preview) retiring from International football after this game. He was the year behind me in my high school so I guess if he is finished, its probably too late for me to start.

They do have the highest attendances for Ladies soccer though - perhaps Americans wont get behind something until they are the best at it?

BTW do you remember 2006 finals and ZIdane - Materazzi thing?

I was in Italy for that World Cup, supporting Italy, but Zidane was my childhood hero so it was a time of mixed emotions!

True - there is way too much droning on about the game. In many ways soccer, and other sports, take the place of battle/fighting which appeal to a large part of humanity.

Whoa! Did I just watch a 10-min video? OK, I fast forward a little bit. 😅 LOLz

Aw, cheer up buttercup. You’ve done enough keepie uppies (no idea if I’m spelling that right) in your lifetime. 😃 Googled him, tall lad 6′ 3″ and btw age ain’t nothing but a number. 😉

Maybe cricket? It’s not too strenuous. Or 💡

I’ll just leave this here

Sadly, I feel I may have to give up my dream of being a pro footballer and really focus on my Fiverr career having seen John O Shea (guy in the preview) retiring from International football after this game. He was the year behind me in my high school so I guess if he is finished, its probably too late for me to start.

I remember him, he played for the Mackems, didn’t he. Good, strong, solid defender, but a mediocre career. Before that I think he played for Man Utd, but struggled to make it to the starting team.

I don’t know it we can even call it a World Cup with both Netherlands and Italy missing!

I don’t know it we can even call it a World Cup with both Netherlands and Italy missing!

Yeah, that’s actually true. Both Netherlands and Italy are powerhouses in their own rights. Van Persie’s goal in the World Cup Opener in 2014 brings back fond memories.

56/61 wins. 37 by KO. (Muhammad Ali one of the greatest boxers of all times)

I for one think Ali is the greatest boxer of all time, not cos of his stats (they’re pretty good though, but not the best). I considered him the greatest cos he was able to able such comebacks and possess the boxing title three times against all odds.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived