Are You Excited About Fifa World Cup 2018 in Russia?

wordpress_whiz

poll2  

48 members have voted

1. 1. poll2

• Belgium /images/emoji/twitter/belgium.png?v=5
    • England ! Englandminiflag

After first round of games, I don’t care anymore about result. I just want to see good games, there were so many boring ones…

Good start for Cristiano. 😄

Cristiano.png.933fdd0ca42cf15412f951952045efd1.png

After first round of games, I don’t care anymore about result. I just want to see good games, there were so many boring ones…

Oh, c’mon they’re just warming up. 😛

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest offlinehelpers

Leicester City! 🙂

Okay - now been moved to World Cup so I’ll have to change my team - can’t say anything other than England obviously! 🙂:soccer:

PS Please don’t judge me.

Who is your favorite soccer team and player?

Well, since I don’t follow professional soccer…

Can I list myself as my favorite soccer player? I was a regional all-star back in school. 😉

I was a regional all-star back in school

I am wondering how a regional soccer star become Fiverr seller? :thinking:

Seriously? We’re allowed to talk about this? How come so many of my favorite discussions end up being closed because they’re “off topic”?

This topic is about Football/Soccer and the biggest sporting event in the world which is taking place at the moment - when topics are about making sales and people go and start talking about something completely different, that is "“Off-Topic” and why threads get closed or edited.

I get that Soccer isn’t huge in the States but since 1994 when the States hosted the world cup, it went from New Sport to Level 1 Sport and then as the MLS has developed, it moved up to a Level 2 Sport. It is now the 3rd most popular sport in the States.

Thankfully, the Soccer fans and promoters in the States didn’t give up on it when it didn’t get that position straight away but with dedication and hard work and as a result, the World Cup 2026 is going to be held in America, Mexico and Canada - the majority in America - I imagine that after a lot of work in promotion, building the popularity of the game, showcasing it’s beauty and attractiveness,

it looks very likely that America will join the rest of the world in having it as their TRS (Top Rated Sport).

I completely agree. I also want to add that I think it depends on the State.

For example, I’m watching YouTube in all my free time, or when I eat, because I don’t watch TV. And in all these pranks, a lot of people know who Lionel Messi is. A lot of people are crazy about Ronaldo. Let’s not forget that David Beckham played for LA Galaxy. California is big about football. Also now Zlatan Ibra, the stadiums are full so they can enjoy magic.

Maybe States like Colorado are more about American football or Hockey, I’m not aware, but I know for a fact that California and Washington (not D.C.) are all about European football. And there’s nothing bad about it. It’s a great sport.

I grew up with it. In 1998, I remember watching my first big football event, first world cup, it was crazy. All we did for the next 6 or so years, we were playing all day on the pitch in front of my housing complex.

There’s something special about it. The dynamics of the sport. How the ball curves. How you can curve the ball in so many different ways. And when you see it hit the net, there’s that godlike satisfaction that can’t be explained.

Also in 1994 it was madness. A lot of Americans supported Bulgaria and Bulgaria almost got the 3rd place. We finished 4th.

Here the fans are getting crazy when Bulgaria destroyed Germany.

And Argentina too.

Guys and gals, vote. Who’s gonna grab the Golden Boot? Ronaldo, or Denis Cheryshev? ✍️

• Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
  • Denis Cheryshev (Russia)
  • Artem Dzyuba (Russia)
  • Diego Costa (Spain)
  • Harry Kane (England)
  • Romelu Lukaku (Belgium)
  • Other…

0voters

More like perfect start for Cristiano, since he scored 4 goals so far. 😄

Did you enjoy the matches?

I only watched that one. 😟

Maybe, I’ll watch a little bit of 🇮🇷

SpainIran.thumb.png.fb9aae3fa91cdc41a03cd111247fd230.png

What are your thoughts about tomorrow’s matches? 😛

Let’s not forget that David Beckham played for LA Galaxy. California is big about football.

Yeah. It was nice to watch him play. 😍

Guys and gals, vote. Who’s gonna grab the Golden Boot? Ronaldo, or Denis Cheryshev? ✍️

Add a poll to your post. 😎

I only watched that one. 😟

Maybe, I’ll watch a little bit of 🇮🇷

What are your thoughts about tomorrow’s matches? 😛

Let’s not forget that David Beckham played for LA Galaxy. California is big about football.

Yeah. It was nice to watch him play. 😍

Add a poll to your post. 😎

I didn’t know I can do that, lol. Thanks. Added it, you can vote.

I was a regional all-star back in school

Note: I said “back in school”. I am neither in school anymore (it has been many years since then), nor do I still play soccer. Heck, I used to play baseball too… and I ran in track events. I am no longer as fast or as speedy as I used to be, but I still have the medals, ribbons and stats to prove it. 😉

Awesome 🎉

I need time to think. :thinking:

I’m torn between two players. :rofl:

I’ll be back later to vote.

No goals, I’m BORED! 💤 Time to watch something else.

NOOOOO!!

Don’t fall into the trap that goals are necessary for excitement! It’s a fallacy that stops people from enjoying the majority of the sport.

If Iran just managed a draw it would be the biggest football achievement in their history. They are a team with no well known players whereas Spain have some of the best in the world for every position and have been at the top of international football for years.

What’s exciting here is the David v Goliath nature of it and for me, I would love to see Iran even get a goal here.

NOOOOO!!

Don’t fall into the trap that goals are necessary for excitement! It’s a fallacy that stops people from enjoying the majority of the sport.

If Iran just managed a draw it would be the biggest football achievement in their history. They are a team with no well known players whereas Spain have some of the best in the world for every position and have been at the top of international football for years.

What’s exciting here is the David v Goliath nature of it and for me, I would love to see Iran even get a goal here.

noooo!!! So close!!!

If you saw that - did you see what scoring meant to Iran’s players?

NOOOOO!!

NOOOOO!!

OK, ok fine. 😁

I thought that what it’s all about tho? 😛 I was hoping Iran wins since the Spanish teams are always the faves. I think, I’ve said this a million times I like the underdog 🦊 oops sorry about the fox. Typo but I’ll let it stay just because. 😂

🐶

I get that Soccer isn’t huge in the States but since 1994 when the States hosted the world cup, it went from New Sport to Level 1 Sport and then as the MLS has developed, it moved up to a Level 2 Sport. It is now the 3rd most popular sport in the States.

You’re absolutely right. Soccer has come a long way here in the 🇺🇸.

So, Nero talked about the Who’s gonna grab the Golden Boot? so that’s like the MVP 🏆?

NOOOOO!!

OK, ok fine. 😁

I thought that what it’s all about tho? 😛 I was hoping Iran wins since the Spanish teams are always the faves. I think, I’ve said this a million times I like the underdog 🦊 oops sorry about the fox. Typo but I’ll let it stay just because. 😂

🐶

You’re absolutely right. Soccer has come a long way here in the 🇺🇸.

So, Nero talked about the Who’s gonna grab the Golden Boot? so that’s like the MVP 🏆?

Golden boot is the top scorer which is one of the things that encourages the fallacy. The most important players can be any position but only the goalscorers can win that individual award.

noooo!!! So close!!!

Uh-huh! I didn’t know that wow I learned something new. 😆

Um, I think I missed that bit Mr. Soccer.

NOOOOO!!

I kind of wanted Iran to continue forward. Didn’t happen though. Spain won enough. They had a winning streak for a variety of World Cup and Euro Championship wins. I’m not amused to watch them anymore, win over and over again.

Archived