All Gigs denied

jungleguy

Hi everyone.

We are consistently updating and evolving the marketplace to better suit our community and the needs of skilled freelancers and entrepreneurs across the globe. We make changes every day to try to create a safe and pleasant environment for our users. Unfortunately, some services that are not currently within our editorial focus are going to be removed. It is not lost on us that these Gigs can be a sole source of income for some sellers, and we’d love to work with sellers who have been affected to help them meet our community standards.

Fiverr is becoming a politically correct corporate office.

We make changes every day to try to create a safe and pleasant environment for our users.

See what I mean?

If jungleguy wants to eat watermelons and get paid for it, how does that make anyone unsafe?

Jay even told him: “these gigs do not fit our current business model.”

What is Fiverr’s business model? Losing money? Rejecting gigs that have made hundreds, even thousands of dollars?

Come on! Fiverr’s business model used to be: “let everyone do whatever they want and we keep 20%.” Fiverr was wild and free! I once saw a guy covering himself in chocolate while singing happy birthday, nasty, but he had reviews, people were buying that.

Now Fiverr has become a cubicle farm at IBM!

Your commercials are lies. Fiverr isn’t for doers anymore, Fiverr is for corporate nannies. #FreeFiverr

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that Fiverr trying to clean up some users and leave only professionals who represent Fiverr like trustfull and serious marketplace. It was started from DOERS campaign, after that PRO gigs, new rating system, cleaning FUN and Bizzare sections.
It’s good for PRO sellers and sellers with strong skills in Graphic Design, Web development, SEO and others. But it’s bad for sellers in FUN category who also have talents. Hope that Fiverr will launch new entertainment platform for these users.

Fiverr is becoming a politically correct corporate office.

We make changes every day to try to create a safe and pleasant environment for our users.

See what I mean?

If jungleguy wants to eat watermelons and get paid for it, how does that make anyone unsafe?

Jay even told him: “these gigs do not fit our current business model.”

What is Fiverr’s business model? Losing money? Rejecting gigs that have made hundreds, even thousands of dollars?

Come on! Fiverr’s business model used to be: “let everyone do whatever they want and we keep 20%.” Fiverr was wild and free! I once saw a guy covering himself in chocolate while singing happy birthday, nasty, but he had reviews, people were buying that.

Now Fiverr has become a cubicle farm at IBM!

Your commercials are lies. Fiverr isn’t for doers anymore, Fiverr is for corporate nannies. #FreeFiverr

Fiverr has been moving toward a more professional freelance website for a while now. Imagine you are working at an ad agency…you want to hire a graphic artist or voice over announcer for a project. Are you going to suggest that your boss look at the profiles of the people you want to hire if while browsing you also see:

1. I will sell you pictures of my feet for $5.
  2. I will put underwear on my head for $5.
  3. I will blow up a balloon till it breaks for $5.

Of course not.

Fiverr realizes that there is lots more money to be made by now swinging toward a more professional community of sellers and buyers.

That’s why PRO gigs, and performance based badges. It’s not about being unsafe, it’s about looking like a professional that someone would want to do business with.

Fiverr has been moving toward a more professional freelance website for a while now. Imagine you are working at an ad agency…you want to hire a graphic artist or voice over announcer for a project. Are you going to suggest that your boss look at the profiles of the people you want to hire if while browsing you also see:

Of course not.

Fiverr realizes that there is lots more money to be made by now swinging toward a more professional community of sellers and buyers.

That’s why PRO gigs, and performance based badges. It’s not about being unsafe, it’s about looking like a professional that someone would want to do business with.

I agree with you!

It seems that Fiverr has decided to focus on one customer target: companies.

Hi everyone.

We are consistently updating and evolving the marketplace to better suit our community and the needs of skilled freelancers and entrepreneurs across the globe. We make changes every day to try to create a safe and pleasant environment for our users. Unfortunately, some services that are not currently within our editorial focus are going to be removed. It is not lost on us that these Gigs can be a sole source of income for some sellers, and we’d love to work with sellers who have been affected to help them meet our community standards.

It is not lost on us that these Gigs can be a sole source of income for some sellers, and we’d love to work with sellers who have been affected to help them meet our community standards.

This tells me that Fiverr is not oblivious. They realize this will affect people, I’m sure the decision wasn’t easy. However, the willingness to work with sellers is a positive thing. Nothing lasts forever! This is why having your own website is important, or just more streams of income.

I will sell you pictures of my feet for $5.

I will put underwear on my head for $5.

I will blow up a balloon till it breaks for $5.

You’re cray, Mike. 😂

Fiverr doesn’t want to turn into SNL or smut site.

Of course not.

This is supposed to be a marketplace for freelancers and if people want to eat watermelon for pay and others are happy and pleased to hire them who cares? I doubt if people will refuse to hire wonderful voiceover artists or writers just because in other sections of the site someone eats watermelons for buyers.

That would be like a shopping mall that refuses to have a party supply store in the same mall with an office supply store.

This is supposed to be a marketplace for freelancers and if people want to eat watermelon for pay and others are happy and pleased to hire them who cares? I doubt if people will refuse to hire wonderful voiceover artists or writers just because in other sections of the site someone eats watermelons for buyers.

That would be like a shopping mall that refuses to have a party supply store in the same mall with an office supply store.

I think it is inevitable that they will have to split off the two.

Of course not.

I agree with you fully, but don’t you think a “phased” approach would have been the more humane thing to do? For some people in the “fun” category, Fiverr is their only source of income.

I agree with you fully, but don’t you think a “phased” approach would have been the more humane thing to do? For some people in the “fun” category, Fiverr is their only source of income.

Possibly. I was not commenting on how they did it. Just commenting on what I’ve seen them doing for the last year or so.

Yes, like the Houston Galleria, or many other high end malls. No JCPenney, Nieman Marcus is the anchor.

It is not lost on us that these Gigs can be a sole source of income for some sellers, and we’d love to work with sellers who have been affected to help them meet our community standards.

This tells me that Fiverr is not oblivious. They realize this will affect people, I’m sure the decision wasn’t easy. However, the willingness to work with sellers is a positive thing. Nothing lasts forever! This is why having your own website is important, or just more streams of income.

I will put underwear on my head for $5.

I will blow up a balloon till it breaks for $5.

You’re cray, Mike. 😂

Those were all real gigs at one time. I almost did not launch here because of it.

Guest sara19841

I completely get Mike’s point, but have to say I agree with you. These guys don’t harm anybody. They don’t even interfere with the business section of the site.

Plus, some of these quirky gigs can even be used for business purposes. If I owned an exotic bar/restaurant/clothing outlet, I’d probably hire the OP to create a quirky social media clip for me. Business is far more than suits, Apple computers and spreadsheets.

Get rid of the smut, sure, but some of the quirky stuff? I dunno. I feel like that takes away some of what made Fiverr great.

I completely get Mike’s point, but have to say I agree with you. These guys don’t harm anybody. They don’t even interfere with the business section of the site.

Plus, some of these quirky gigs can even be used for business purposes. If I owned an exotic bar/restaurant/clothing outlet, I’d probably hire the OP to create a quirky social media clip for me. Business is far more than suits, Apple computers and spreadsheets.

Get rid of the smut, sure, but some of the quirky stuff? I dunno. I feel like that takes away some of what made Fiverr great.

I theorize that they bought the AND CO to eventually move the serious biz to that site and allow fiverr to be the fun site.

Wanna buy a VO, go to AND CO

Wanna buy a video of Jesus eating a watermelon, go to fiverr.

Plus that allows them to shake the $5 pricing paradigm.

Of course not.

Those were all real gigs at one time. I almost did not launch here because of it.

Whoa, there goes my idea for 🎈 poppin’ balloons with my sexy feet for $5 🎈 gig hahahahaha. :stuck_out_tongue:

Whoa, there goes my idea for 🎈 poppin’ balloons with my sexy feet for $5 🎈 gig hahahahaha. :stuck_out_tongue:

Custom nail polish extra $10?

This was simply a search engine for freelancers which also handled payment processing and took a hands off approach in almost all other ways.

Now it’s turning into a supplier of business workers.

It’s going to leave a big opportunity for a startup to fill the void it leaves.

Agree, but for a premium seller like you it may be a great way to get a new level of business going. Fiverr is obviously going to push big stuff going forward and I thing the cream of the crop will do well.

Agree, but for a premium seller like you it may be a great way to get a new level of business going. Fiverr is obviously going to push big stuff going forward and I thing the cream of the crop will do well.

I see sellers in my category rapidly making the switch to higher priced gigs.

Just seems like a natural line extension if fiverr has differing marketplaces for different types of services. All good.

I know for a fact that buyers are often lured in to fiverr through curiosity about the fun category and then it dawns on them that they can get anything they need for their business here too.

So our section draws in people who wouldn’t think of finding their business needs on fiverr otherwise.

Besides, @eoinfinnegan already has this gig.

The biggest publicity boost ever for fiverr was in the fun category when someone well known on the internet hired a couple of sign holders. Lots of people visited fiverr for the first time from that.

Buyers of fun services don’t stay in that category, they look around at the entire site.

Besides, @eoinfinnegan already has this gig.

Fiverr just doesn’t want to be the laughing stock in the freelancing world. Rebranding their model for the lean + mean business machines entrepreneurs. I mean nobody likes to be the butt of a joke!

Besides, @eoinfinnegan already has this gig going.

Really? 😃 I’d like to see him doing the Riverdance while poppin’ 🎈🎈🎈

Can you make it happen, Eoin? Send me a custom offer @eoinfinnegan! 😆

The biggest publicity boost ever for fiverr was in the fun category when someone well known on the internet hired a couple of sign holders. Lots of people visited fiverr for the first time from that.

Buyers of fun services don’t stay in that category, they look around at the entire site.

Lots of people visited fiverr for the first time from that.

If you mean PewDiePie, I have to say that it was not in a good way.

Guest sara19841

Fiverr just doesn’t want to be the laughing stock in the freelancing world. Rebranding their model for the lean + mean business machines entrepreneurs. I mean nobody likes to be the butt of a joke!

Besides, @eoinfinnegan already has this gig going.

Really? 😃 I’d like to see him doing the Riverdance while poppin’ 🎈

Can you make it happen, Eoin? Send me a custom offer @eoinfinnegan! 😆

Fiverr just doesn’t want to be the laughing stock in the freelancing world.

If anything makes Fiverr the laughing stock of the freelancing world, surely it’s all the 45 year old men pretending to be teenage girls?

Leave coconut guy alone. 😂

Archived