All Gigs denied

jungleguy

It seems that Fiverr has decided to focus on one customer target: companies.

They can do that without destroying Fiverr. Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, they target companies as well, but they don’t destroy what makes them unique.

This is supposed to be a marketplace for freelancers and if people want to eat watermelon for pay and others are happy and pleased to hire them who cares?

Thank you! I’m glad someone gets it. Besides, today they come for the water melon eaters, tomorrow they come for the fortune tellers.

And this is exactly why fiverr needs to split into a new entity.

Very well, the cubicle people can sell their stuff on Dullerr.

#BringBackFiverr

They can do that without destroying Fiverr. Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, they target companies as well, but they don’t destroy what makes them unique.

In fairness, all those other sites, especially YouTube, are moving in equally terrible directions right now.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, all those other sites, especially YouTube, are moving in equally terrible directions right now.

They seem to put almost anything on youtube don’t they? Or has that changed recently?

I think fiverr felt it couldn’t risk another incident with an obnoxious sign.

They seem to put almost anything on youtube don’t they? Or has that changed recently?

I think fiverr felt it couldn’t risk another incident with an obnoxious sign.

I’m not sure what’s still allowed to be put up as far as content goes these days, but being allowed to collect ad revenue is next to impossible now unless you’re already big.

Guest offlinehelpers

So much for “Don’t violate the TOS and you’ll be fine”

You have not understood the issue … this is not due to the TOS violation.

I’m sure @loudandskittish understands the situation really well.

What he’s saying I think is (quite rightly) that in days gone by, all you had to do to keep on the right side of the Fiverr Gods was to stay within the ToS - e.g. behave yourself.

Now it seems, they’re making up rules as they go along and only telling users about them after they’ve made them and acted on them.

I’m sure @loudandskittish will tell us if we’re wrong. 🙂

Don’t post screenshots of customer support tickets. They must be confidential! 🙂

Mod Note: To date, there are no problems with posting screenshots of Support tickets. It has always been allowed as long as the rest of the post does not violate the forum rules. Screenshots can be very helpful to verify what has been said about new guidelines for editorial focus.

Don’t post screenshots of customer support tickets. They must be confidential! 🙂

Mod Note: To date, there are no problems with posting screenshots of Support tickets. It has always been allowed as long as the rest of the post does not violate the forum rules. Screenshots can be very helpful to verify what has been said about new guidelines for editorial focus.

Don’t post screenshots of customer support tickets. They must be confidential!

Where did you read that?

What he’s saying I think is (quite rightly) that in days gone by, all you had to do to keep on the right side of the Fiverr Gods was to stay within the ToS - e.g. behave yourself.

Now it seems, they’re making up rules as they go along and only telling users about them after they’ve made them and acted on them.

Do you mean jungleguy violated any TOS ?

@irshan_cool No he didn’t. They are not wanting to have people holding signs for gigs anymore.

@misscrystal

Yes i know he din’t … but loudandskittish posted as “Don’t violate the TOS”

And offlinehelpers posted “saying I think is (quite rightly)” and you liked it

There is no any TOS violation and this is due to the editorial team not focused on such gigs

Guest offlinehelpers

@misscrystal

Yes i know he din’t … but loudandskittish posted as “Don’t violate the TOS”

And offlinehelpers posted “saying I think is (quite rightly)” and you liked it

There is no any TOS violation and this is due to the editorial team not focused on such gigs

That was what loudandskittish meant…in the past if gigs weren’t in the ‘editorial focus’ they just wouldn’t appear in the search, but so long as they were within the ToS they were still listed and could be purchased.

Now they’re being deleted even if they’re still within the ToS. 😐

That is indeed what I meant.

That was what loudandskittish meant…in the past if gigs weren’t in the ‘editorial focus’ they just wouldn’t appear in the search, but so long as they were within the ToS they were still listed and could be purchased.

Now they’re being deleted even if they’re still within the ToS. 😐

@offlinehelpers

Now i understood what you mean but still i can not agree.

Coz the Editors focus will not be a ToS

Guest offlinehelpers

@offlinehelpers

Now i understood what you mean but still i can not agree.

That’s the whole point…:roll_eyes:

If users don’t know what the ‘editorial focus’ is, because it’s not mentioned in the ToS - how will they know if they’re going against the editorial focus or not?

Mind reading?

That’s the whole point…:roll_eyes:

If users don’t know what the ‘editorial focus’ is, because it’s not mentioned in the ToS - how will they know if they’re going against the editorial focus or not?

Mind reading?

Yes that is what i have stated above

hello guys,

i am sorry for reply you. We made smile and laugh on people’s face. I started fiverr in 2013. We never harm to any buyer. Because they buying our gigs for surprise their mom, co-worker, girl friend or any good friend. They were very satisfied with my service. They tipped me and left great feedback. Now fiverr telling find anything else for offer in fiverr. but problem is we offered what we know and what we best. If i have skill for graphic design , i can earn 1000 dollars on fiverr. But problem is every not best for graphic. Every person have different skills.

My problem is WHY they Treating us like this? because fiverr is a one and only income for me. Now i haven’t a idea what to do. Now 4 days, still i am thinking and little bit crazy now. because no income.

BIGGEST PROBLEM is still many buyers offering these types gigs in fiverr. Now i haven’t time for learn anything for offer in fiverr. ALL ARE CRAZY NOW

Really sorry for you and your customers. You were doing good videos and your customers were very happy.

It’s a pity Fiverr didn’t take time to inform sellers like you who are very active sellers. You have been a very good seller for years…

Fiverr is not very clear on what they accept or not. What I personaly understand is that they want more business oriented gigs, that means gigs that companies are searching.

Because they buying our gigs for surprise their mom, co-worker, girl friend or any good friend.

It appears clearly that your customers were mostly people/family/friend…

Have you ever make funny videos for companies?

If you answer yes, try to find why and when companies would buy your videos and create a new gig focussing on these events. (You should also aks Fiverr if this new gig meet their editorial focus)

Good luck @jungleguy !

Really sorry for you and your customers. You were doing good videos and your customers were very happy.

It’s a pity Fiverr didn’t take time to inform sellers like you who are very active sellers. You have been a very good seller for years…

Fiverr is not very clear on what they accept or not. What I personaly understand is that they want more business oriented gigs, that means gigs that companies are searching.

Because they buying our gigs for surprise their mom, co-worker, girl friend or any good friend.

It appears clearly that your customers were mostly people/family/friend…

Have you ever make funny videos for companies?

If you answer yes, try to find why and when companies would buy your videos and create a new gig focussing on these events. (You should also aks Fiverr if this new gig meet their editorial focus)

Good luck @jungleguy !

Let’s have a look on this job ad:

https://www.fiverr.com/jobs/Q0YuNjBB

Reporting to the CMO the first Sales Manager of Fiverr will define, lead and implement a strategy to create awareness in SMB customers about the way Fiverr can help them achieve business goals.

Yes, they are focussing on SMB customers!

I find it very surprising that it is the recruitment of the first sales manager!

And, have you noticed that there is no picture and presentation of the “fun” category in the slider of the Fiverr app?

social-share-image-6655dc5cbfcda00720a072137822c200.thumb.jpg.2de5ceed9cb25b978f44d143ec149013.jpg

The majority of business users of fiverr are very small businesses of one to five people. We are not talking about major corporations here aside from possibly voiceovers. And I’m not sure that it’s something new that they’ve been using fiverr, more like finally fiverr realized they have been using fiverr all along.

But the idea that there are only big sales in business categories isn’t entirely true. I expect that gradually more and more sellers in my category will up their prices into the hundreds in the coming year.

I don’t know how many Pro sellers there are but there have always been top rated sellers selling business services to companies.

What makes fiverr look unprofessional is all the mek sells. When people come to fiverr and get such horrible logos that are copied for example that is what creates an image problem. Or when they pay $800 for a website and it never gets delivered or never works right, that’s a bigger problem than having a fun category.

I wonder what the percentage is of people who come here with no idea how to do anything but copy something and sell it, who never deliver anything, who deliver late, who produce inferior work and leave buyers angry.

I keep seeing people talking about the fun category like that is a problem but have you ever looked at the gigs in it? Have you heard people coming to the forum complaining about it? Have you looked at the reviews for most of the sellers there? It’s a happy category for buyers overall.

It sounds from the complaints on the forum that the problem categories are logos, designers and writing.

The majority of business users of fiverr are very small businesses of one to five people. We are not talking about major corporations here aside from possibly voiceovers. And I’m not sure that it’s something new that they’ve been using fiverr, more like finally fiverr realized they have been using fiverr all along.

But the idea that there are only big sales in business categories isn’t entirely true. I expect that gradually more and more sellers in my category will up their prices into the hundreds in the coming year.

I don’t know how many Pro sellers there are but there have always been top rated sellers selling business services to companies.

What makes fiverr look unprofessional is all the mek sells. When people come to fiverr and get such horrible logos that are copied for example that is what creates an image problem. Or when they pay $800 for a website and it never gets delivered or never works right, that’s a bigger problem than having a fun category.

I wonder what the percentage is of people who come here with no idea how to do anything but copy something and sell it, who never deliver anything, who deliver late, who produce inferior work and leave buyers angry.

I keep seeing people talking about the fun category like that is a problem but have you ever looked at the gigs in it? Have you heard people coming to the forum complaining about it? Have you looked at the reviews for most of the sellers there? It’s a happy category for buyers overall.

It sounds from the complaints on the forum that the problem categories are logos, designers and writing.

There is no doubt that there are good sellers and nice gigs in this category (as in other categories…).

The discussion is not about good/bad, it’s about Fiverr’s strategy. And many things make us think that Fiverr is now focussing on SMB companies needs.

There is no doubt that there are good sellers and nice gigs in this category (as in other categories…).

The discussion is not about good/bad, it’s about Fiverr’s strategy. And many things make us think that Fiverr is now focussing on SMB companies needs.

And many things make us think that Fiverr is now focussing on SMB companies needs.

Because they are getting rid of sign holder gigs? And have a Pro category? They want all sellers to charge more, in every category.

Sign holders probably are not going to charge more than $5 or $10 ever.

For the past year they have been trying different ways to get buyers to spend more. They can’t risk having anyone hold up another embarrassing sign.

And many things make us think that Fiverr is now focussing on SMB companies needs.

Because they are getting rid of sign holder gigs? And have a Pro category? They want all sellers to charge more, in every category.

Sign holders probably are not going to charge more than $5 or $10 ever.

For the past year they have been trying different ways to get buyers to spend more. They can’t risk having anyone hold up another embarrassing sign.

I don’t understand why they’re doing it the way they’re doing it. Admittedly, I know next to nothing about running a business, but it seems like it would’ve made more sense to split off to a different site with a different name. They have all the infrastructure, branding is the only major change required. This would have the added bonus of not being associated with the Amazon lawsuit, people holding up signs with hate speech and that “eat coffee for lunch” ad. (Those are the three main things that seem to come to mind for people who don’t use Fiverr when the site is mentioned) Or being associated with five dollar jobs in general.

If anything, it seems like a better idea than progressively making the site worse for the people who are selling here now and leaving us to try to piece together what the “master plan” might be through speculation on a forum.

No…Don Lafontaine. “In a world” One of the last things he did before he died.

Oh, ok… I’d like to hear your “In a world” with that Sicilian accent. 🙂

Oh, ok… I’d like to hear your “In a world” with that Sicilian accent.

I try not to do DLF, That’s like trying to hit like Babe Ruth.

I don’t need to imagine I am working at an ad agency, I have worked for many of them and they are boring places with very few exceptions. They are NOT role models. In fact, companies are starting to ask the general public to pitch in ideas for YouTube videos, TV commercials, slogans, etc, because they’re tired of the corporate crap they typically get.

Fiverr has been moving toward a more professional freelance website for a while now

And how does that help Fiverr? There’s already a TON of boring freelance websites. Besides, not everyone here comes for logos and brand names, some people are here to buy feet pictures, erotic birthday videos, guy talking like a crime lord, etc.

You have a gig like that!

“I Will Record A Tough Guy Voice Over”

Careful! Maybe someone will be triggered by your tough guy voice!

I don’t need to imagine I am working at an ad agency, I have worked for many of them and they are boring places with very few exceptions. They are NOT role models. In fact, companies are starting to ask the general public to pitch in ideas for YouTube videos, TV commercials, slogans, etc, because they’re tired of the corporate crap they typically get.

Are you ever happy about anything? I think you just like to argue for the sake of arguing. Just because you never worked for a quality agency, does not discount the 99.999% that you have no knowledge of.

Oh, ok… I’d like to hear your “In a world” with that Sicilian accent.

Ok, wiseguy! 😃 I’d settle for a tough NY accent… Mobster style! 😎

Archived