All Gigs denied

jungleguy

Fiverr is the AMAZON of services.

At least half my clients use fiverr for other services than fun things.

This is a one stop shop whether you want a fun time, or get your business needs met. One site does it all, like Amazon for shopping.

Look at all the questionable items Amazon sells. They don’t say well this is too outrageous so we won’t sell it. Anything goes on Amazon and that’s one reason it’s so popular. You can literally get whatever you want on one site.

They don’t say well this is too outrageous so we won’t sell it.

Amazon doesn’t accept to sell everything and do not accept everything in the product description. Some categories are very sensible.(I sell services for Amazon sellers). I have been contacted buy some amazon sellers whose products were rejected by amazon.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don’t say well this is too outrageous so we won’t sell it.

Amazon doesn’t accept to sell everything and do not accept everything in the product description. Some categories are very sensible.(I sell services for Amazon sellers). I have been contacted buy some amazon sellers whose products were rejected by amazon.

Amazon doesn’t accept to sell everything and do not accept everything in the product description. Some categories are very sensible.(I sell services for Amazon sellers).

I have sold on Amazon too and am very familiar with what is not allowed, and it is mostly things that can be easily stolen such as copied CD’s. Look in the adult products, the smut books, if you think they don’t sell everything. The dirtiest books on earth are available on Amazon. Look at the adult toys, the under clothing items.

What makes you think companies don’t use Amazon? Everyone uses it. They accept company credit cards, I know because I use mine there.

A company can be one person, or just a few people you know. And in the US at least most companies are small.

Fiverr is a SERVICE site not a merchandise site and people and families use services, as well as companies.

A company can be one person, or just a few people you know. And in the US at least most companies are small.

In most countries there are more small companies than big companies. But big companies spend really much more money than small companies.

It was more than one year ago…

True. But it stung like a 🐝. I wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted to scrap these gigs when the 💩 start hitting the fan. I do agree with @mrproofreading they should’ve used a phased approach. Giving people a heads-up beforehand.

So here’s a question for everyone. If you got an email from fiverr saying that the AND CO purchase was to offer premium professional services and fiverr will continue on as usual and you had to pick which site you would be on…what would you do?

I would jump to AND CO immediately.

You?

In most countries there are more small companies than big companies. But big companies spend really much more money than small companies.

What’s your point? How does this affect fiverr?

Amazon doesn’t accept to sell everything and do not accept everything in the product description. Some categories are very sensible.(I sell services for Amazon sellers).

I have sold on Amazon too and am very familiar with what is not allowed, and it is mostly things that can be easily stolen such as copied CD’s. Look in the adult products, the smut books, if you think they don’t sell everything. The dirtiest books on earth are available on Amazon. Look at the adult toys, the under clothing items.

The product the most rejected for my clients was Hand spinners…

The 2nd : body care products.

So here’s a question for everyone. If you got an email from fiverr saying that the AND CO purchase was to offer premium professional services and fiverr will continue on as usual and you had to pick which site you would be on…what would you do?

You?

Why reduce your audience to 10% of what it is now? Or more like 2%.

Why reduce your audience to 10% of what it is now? Or more like 2%.

i believe it would be the place that would be in front of serious VO buyers. Where are you getting that number from? Just today I had someone ask me to narrate a novel for $2.

i believe it would be the place that would be in front of serious VO buyers. Where are you getting that number from? Just today I had someone ask me to narrate a novel for $2.

I’m just guessing. I’ve never heard of that company before.

It’s an accounting type of site for businesses, not a talent site. You get spreadsheets there for example. Time schedules.

Fiverr is the talent site.

I’m just guessing. I’ve never heard of that company before.

It’s an accounting type of site for businesses, not a talent site. You get spreadsheets there for example. Time schedules.

Fiverr is the talent site.

But fiverr must have bought it for a reason. Just guessing though.

Maybe they need a tax deduction.

Maybe a friend’s wife owned it and wanted to get $10,000,000 for it, there could be 100 reasons besides earning a profit from it.

Don’t you think they are trying to figure out how to stop being the discount place? With the fiverr name they can’t do it.

You?

Option C? Both, maybe.

Option C? Both, maybe.

No both pick, you have 10 seconds…

Don’t you think they are trying to figure out how to stop being the discount place? With the fiverr name they can’t do it.

Are you kidding? The name fiverr is drawing people in by the millions and then when they get here they see something they can’t live without by browsing around and end up getting all the things they need but didn’t know where to go for it.

They started by thinking they would spend only $5, but end up spending $500.

Whoa, there goes my idea for 🎈 poppin’ balloons with my sexy feet for $5 🎈 gig hahahahaha. :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, @eoinfinnegan already has this gig.

Really? 😃 I’d like to see him doing the Riverdance while poppin’ 🎈🎈🎈

Can you make it happen, Eoin? Send me a custom offer @eoinfinnegan! 😆

Seriously, I make a huge effort to stay out of a controversial topic for once and then you two just tag me to try get me involved? Not cool guys, not cool…

And it is not going to work, I am not going to mention that while I like buying some of the fun gigs for certain things, the whole category does not fit in with the direction that Fiverr has been going for at least a year to 18 months.

So hah to you Mike and Nika…

Really? 😃 I’d like to see him doing the Riverdance while poppin’ 🎈

Seriously, I make a huge effort to stay out of a controversial topic for once and then you two just tag me to try get me involved? Not cool guys, not cool…

And it is not going to work, I am not going to mention that while I like buying some of the fun gigs for certain things, the whole category does not fit in with the direction that Fiverr has been going for at least a year to 18 months.

They have Pro sellers so that means its now only a business site?

Fiverr wants people to pay more than $5 all over the site. The fun category is upping the prices too and people are paying more.

Guest sara19841

Really? 😃 I’d like to see him doing the Riverdance while poppin’ 🎈

Good on you. It took a lot of discipline to resist mentioning those fun gigs don’t fit with the direction Fiverr has been going in for the last 18 months. 👍

They have Pro sellers so that means its now only a business site?

Fiverr wants people to pay more than $5 all over the site. The fun category is upping the prices too and people are paying more.

99% of my clients are businesses or startups. I am sure some of my clients also buy in the fun category too but I believe Fiverr is trying to position itself for more businesses, those which are bigger again than most of my clients. Those businesses turning over a million+ are really those which would be great to get as clients. IMO the fun section is what a lot of those people think Fiverr is all about so I think in order to get rid of that image, they will get rid of that section.

I’m not saying I like the idea or even agree with it - just that it seems like the way they are going.

Archived