All Gigs denied

jungleguy

Lots of people visited fiverr for the first time from that.

If you mean PewDiePie, I have to say that it was not in a good way.

I think it was in a great way! People who enjoy Pewdipie enjoyed that tremendously. It pulled in people who are mostly young, spend money and are starting businesses. No other ad could grab the interest of the 14 to 25 year old market as well as that did.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was in a great way! People who enjoy Pewdipie enjoyed that tremendously. It pulled in people who are mostly young, spend money and are starting businesses. No other ad could grab the interest of the 14 to 25 year old market as well as that did.

It pulled in people who are mostly young, spend money and are starting businesses.

But also made us all look like fools. The big dollars are not being controlled by the 14-25 year old startup. They are controlled by the 45-60 year old ad exec with an actual budget and an office in NY and LA. Not mom’s basement.

It pulled in people who are mostly young, spend money and are starting businesses.

But also made us all look like fools. The big dollars are not being controlled by the 14-25 year old startup. They are controlled by the 45-60 year old ad exec with an actual budget and an office in NY and LA. Not mom’s basement.

How? Anyone could see that funnyguys were not aware of what they were holding. It was shocking but it was electrifying like nothing else. I didn’t feel like a fool. No one was to blame for that, just the most popular guy on Youtube fooling around. You could see he was having the time of his life on fiverr— in the fun section, spending $5 here and there like it was water.

Fiverr just doesn’t want to be the laughing stock in the freelancing world.

If anything makes Fiverr the laughing stock of the freelancing world, surely it’s all the 45 year old men pretending to be teenage girls?

Leave coconut guy alone. 😂

If anything makes Fiverr the laughing stock of the freelancing world, surely it’s all the 45 year old men pretending to be teenage girls?

Yup! They should embrace their manhood with gusto! 💪

Lmaoooooooo it’s a shame the buxom beauties you see on the site are mostly dudes. Ugh!

Take it away Sam J.

Ibeezinthetrap.gif.e2873ee007dc76a2983719e67fe01b1c.gif

How? Anyone could see that funnyguys were not aware of what they were holding. It was shocking but it was electrifying like nothing else. I didn’t feel like a fool. No one was to blame for that, just the most popular guy on Youtube fooling around. You could see he was having the time of his life on fiverr— in the fun section, spending $5 here and there like it was water.

Anyone could see that funnyguys were not aware of what they were holding.

So dumb as to not be able to read that sign is not the image I think we should be after. PewDiePie was not laughing with us, he was certainly laughing AT us.

Anyone could see that funnyguys were not aware of what they were holding.

So dumb as to not be able to read that sign is not the image I think we should be after. PewDiePie was not laughing with us, he was certainly laughing AT us.

They weren’t dumb. They were uneducated in written English. Pewdiepie took advantage of them. I’m sure most people think they are charming and they are very popular.

Guest sara19841

The Jungleguy gigs seemed cool. I wished I had stumbled across his gigs beforehand.

The 🍉 eating skills are amazing. He seemed passionate about his work.

@jungleguy what are you going to do now?

I looked through the fun gigs a moment ago. There’s a Jungle Boyz seller, but he might be shut down soon too.

They weren’t dumb. They were uneducated in written English. Pewdiepie took advantage of them. I’m sure most people think they are charming and they are very popular.

But not what a quality freelancing site that is charging top dollar looks like.

These guys bring a smile to my face. I like seeing this, these guys earning money in a way nothing else would let them do it, and making people happy in the process.

And this is exactly why fiverr needs to split into a new entity. They are free to do what they want, but the head of advertising for BMW should not see that when browsing for talent, if we are to be taken seriously.

I think it is. I think it’s what a site looks like that allows for all kinds of gigs for all kinds of buyers. We are not all looking for voiceover artists, resumes, proofreaders, video makers. Some of us are looking for fun and diversions on the internet. In fact probably 2/3 of people looking around on the internet want fun and diversions. Entertainment is big business on the internet.

Guest sara19841

Is Fiverr not opening a can of worms here, Mike?

One doesn’t have to look very far to find completely incompetent sellers. Many of whom got here early and have very high rated gigs. I’m talking logo designers using stolen fonts and templates. Article writers using spinners. SEO guys employing blackhat methods.

Of course, then we have the fact every seller considers themselves a professional after watching a YouTube vid on a subject. We have the lying about identity and location.

Can Fiverr in its current format really compete as a legitimate provider for large businesses? Surely it’d need a major upheaval to do so, which would change the very nature of the site.

And this is exactly why fiverr needs to split into a new entity. They are free to do what they want, but the head of advertising for BMW should not see that when browsing for talent, if we are to be taken seriously.

And this is exactly why fiverr needs to split into a new entity.

I really don’t see Fiverr doing this at all, to be honest. It’ll be a headache for them. 🤕

They’re like George Jefferson, moving on up in the world.

Guest sara19841

I think it is. I think it’s what a site looks like that allows for all kinds of gigs for all kinds of buyers. We are not all looking for voiceover artists, resumes, proofreaders, video makers. Some of us are looking for fun and diversions on the internet. In fact probably 2/3 of people looking around on the internet want fun and diversions. Entertainment is big business on the internet.

I still laugh when I think about that guy on the forum who was paid by some rich banker to do all kinds of silly stuff. I think the guy earned like $20 for pouring mayo on his head and posting pics.

Fiverr probably doesn’t want a repeat of the Pewdiepie incident.

It was a PR nightmare for them. So, scrapping these GIGS is the next best thing for them to do.

I think it was manna from the Gods for fiverr. But at the same time I can see why they don’t want sign holders any more because of it.

In fact probably 2/3 of people looking around on the internet want fun and diversions.

What is the customer target of Fiverr ? People or companies ?

People are looking for funny gigs.

Companies are looking for logo, copywriting, web services…

Perhaps Fiverr has decided to focus on only one target.

In fact probably 2/3 of people looking around on the internet want fun and diversions.

What is the customer target of Fiverr ? People or companies ?

People are looking for funny gigs.

Companies are looking for logo, copywriting, web services…

Perhaps Fiverr has decided to focus on only one target.

Fiverr is the AMAZON of services.

At least half my clients use fiverr for other services than fun things.

This is a one stop shop whether you want a fun time, or get your business needs met. One site does it all, like Amazon for shopping.

Look at all the questionable items Amazon sells. They don’t say well this is too outrageous so we won’t sell it. Anything goes on Amazon and that’s one reason it’s so popular. You can literally get whatever you want on one site.

It was a PR nightmare for them. So, scrapping these GIGS is the next best thing for them to do.

It was more than one year ago…

Fiverr is the AMAZON of services.

At least half my clients use fiverr for other services than fun things.

This is a one stop shop whether you want a fun time, or get your business needs met. One site does it all, like Amazon for shopping.

Look at all the questionable items Amazon sells. They don’t say well this is too outrageous so we won’t sell it. Anything goes on Amazon and that’s one reason it’s so popular. You can literally get whatever you want on one site.

Anything goes on Amazon and that’s one reason it’s so popular.

Amazon’s customer target is you and me, familles… not companies. There are other marketplaces for companies.

Anything goes on Amazon and that’s one reason it’s so popular.

Amazon’s customer target is you and me, familles… not companies. There are other marketplaces for companies.

What makes you think companies don’t use Amazon? Everyone uses it. They accept company credit cards, I know because I use mine there.

A company can be one person, or just a few people you know. And in the US at least most companies are small.

Fiverr is a SERVICE site not a merchandise site and people and families use services, as well as companies.

True. But it stung like a 🐝. I wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted to scrap these gigs when the 💩 start hitting the fan. I do agree with @mrproofreading they should’ve used a phased approach. Giving people a heads-up beforehand.

Archived