• TRS. (No change)
    • TRS > Level 2 (Demoted)
    • Level 2 (No change )
    • Level 2 > Level 1 (Demoted)
    • Level 1 (No change)
    • Level 1 > New Seller (Demoted)
    • New Seller (No change)
    • Restricted

I don’t think I’m being naive in thinking that my overall sales will go down due to a drop in level. Aside from that, the clearance time for earnings changes, so the demotion does have an immediate effect financially.

Haven’t even considered the whole funds clearing aspect. This is really a step in the wrong direction for Fiverr. It just forces me to look for other options as I don’t feel I’m being respected for my work here. As a matter of fact, I feel like I’m being openly mocked for doing my best under the circumstances.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got demoted to level 1 from level 2 as well.
Cause of the nature of my best selling gig (audio clean up/restoration) many buyers order it without knowing/asking if it’s possible to actually deliver the expected results first so if they send me an audio that’s really terrible quality to begin with and there’s no way anyone could clean it up properly, i then either have to ask them to mutually cancel the order so they can get a refund (which is what i used to do until now) or risk getting a bad rating if i deliver it even though i did the best possible work that could be done with what they sent me.

Either way cause of how the new level system works this will now have a bad impact on me as a seller and it just doesn’t seem fair to me especially after putting so much effort to satisfy every single one of my customers for so many years and being with fiverr from the very start and cause of that i will probably just try to focus on my other projects outside fiverr.

Cause of the nature of my best selling gig (audio clean up/restoration) many buyers order it without knowing/asking if it’s possible to actually deliver the expected results first so if they send me an audio that’s really terrible quality to begin with and there’s no way anyone could clean it up properly, i then either have to ask them to mutually cancel the order so they can get a refund (which is what i used to do until now) or risk getting a bad rating if i deliver it even though i did the best possible work that could be done with what they sent me.

Either way cause of how the new level system works this will now have a bad impact on me as a seller and it just doesn’t seem fair to me especially after putting so much effort to satisfy every single one of my customers for so many years and being with fiverr from the very start and cause of that i will probably just try to focus on my other projects outside fiverr.

Clearly Fiverr team can’t handle such aspects. So easiest way is to put negative effect on seller instead managing it through the system. Even if you contact their support and cancel, you will get the same result and same magical algorithms.

I too, just went from a TRS for 3 years, been here since 2013 to Level 2. Reason: I did not have a 4.8 average rating for 60 days - but, I have a 4.9 average for the life of my time here! LOL In some ways, I am relieved, only because I knew it was coming. Being that it is automated, there is no human interference to look at an account’s overall performance, just cold hard numbers for the last 60 days. Sorry to all of the others no matter what level you were on who got demoted. It will work out though as it is supposed to. 🙂

I´ve been always a great fan of this platform because they´re always trying to implement improvements. But; I´m sorry guys, the new level system doesn´t work,

I´ve just lost my Level 2 after 4 years, but I´m not here to complain, But if you move back someone to the initial point after years of hard work and excellent service you can´t expect people keep motivated.

Let´s see the whole picture:

If you are a Level 2 seller you can´t do anything for being promoted, only have the hope of being considerated by Fiverr

Same time you can go to the initial point (because Level 1 is the initial point, It´s really easy to get it) if you make mistakes like not replying people who contact you for stupid reasons. Not really fair, uh?

In other words, you can´t do anything to grow, but you can lose your privileges easily.

Do you think this is a good way to keep people motivated?

Let me tell you something. This is a good way to encourage people to create their own website and take real control.

That is the way I looked at it when I read of this idea to automatically demote or promote accounts. You have only so much control over it, and if you get too married to your “level”, you will be quite devastated if they hand you divorce papers! LOL I just think it sucks that my overall rating for the last 5 years is 4.9 but for the last 60 days was under that 4.8 so I get the shaft. Would seem if a competitor or someone with an axe to grind wanted to see you demoted, they could just come order stuff and cancel or give less than stellar ratings so that you cannot recoup. It was a nice run as TRS while it lasted! 😉

It hurts bro. Same thing happened to me. I have been with Fiverr since 2013 and now they have demoted me to Level 1 because “Order Completion Rate” was low. How is this our fault if some buyer places an order without knowing what they are doing and then we have to cancel it which affects our ratings. It doesn’t affect them but us.

I’m also finding other sources of income outside of Fiverr.

Just received my demotion from TRS to Level 2. I was stuck at 88 percent on response time and on-time delivery thanks to 2 days of flight delays on 2 separate trips in December that caused me to be a few hours late on some things, and no way to make it up since I recently edited my main gig without realizing doing so would remove it from the search results entirely.

This is after being a TRS for 3 years with 3300 5-star reviews and more than $100,000 in income over 5 years. Since Fiverr is my full-time gig and main means of supporting myself, I’m basically ****** . Thank you, Fiverr, for your support to the longtime, committed, honest sellers who have dedicated years to delivering a high quality service. Smart move. Now I’m off to check out my other employment options and figure out how I’m gonna pay rent this month. :fu:t2:

Hope everyone else fared better than I did.

Edit: I may have been demoted but at least they softened the blow by awarding me a badge for using an emoji in this post. How ironic…

After joining Fiverr almost at the beginning I have worked incredible hard and put up with a lot of poor time wasters over my time and also some great customers too. Fiverr has now taken my TOP SELLER RATING down to LEVEL 2 after all these years for one false review from a rude buyer and a few slower replies, fiverr expects you to be on the ball with replies 24/7 even in other time zones, most of my buyers are overseas and in significantly different time zones. Fiverr has got this one wrong punishing long term fiverr sellers who have delivered for fiverr through the tough months and the good months of fiverr’s start up period.

Do the right thing fiverr time to stop being so harsh and unfair to your sellers.

Regards

voiceactor

I´ve been always a great fan of this platform because they´re always trying to implement improvements. But; I´m sorry guys, the new level system doesn´t work,

I´ve just lost my Level 2 after 4 years, but I´m not here to complain, But if you move back someone to the initial point after years of hard work and excellent service you can´t expect people keep motivated.

Let´s see the whole picture:

If you are a Level 2 seller you can´t do anything for being promoted, only have the hope of being considerated by Fiverr

Same time you can go to the initial point (because Level 1 is the initial point, It´s really easy to get it) if you make mistakes like not replying people who contact you for stupid reasons. Not really fair, uh?

In other words, you can´t do anything to grow, but you can lose your privileges easily.

Do you think this is a good way to keep people motivated?

Let me tell you something. This is a good way to encourage people to create their own website and take real control.

I have my own website and do quite well there. In fact, what I charge here is crumbs compared to what people pay on my site. I only came here after Just Answer dried up (they closed all of the reading categories except the tarot category) and did really well for years. I am glad that I did have a few years as TRS, and I wish this wasn’t a robot making the decision. Those of us who have been here years and have only had an issue say in the last 60 days with ONE area of the graph shouldn’t be penalized. Again, I knew my demotion was coming. 🙂

Ok, surely some people should have been demoted by now. Much more importantly, since we all know what criteria we need to meet not to be demoted, some people must know that they are going to shed a level badge (or perhaps 2) over the next 12 hours. - The thing is, will anyone now dare admit it?

For me, I’m at 99%, 100%, and 97%. This means I’m clear.

HOWEVER, I did intend to have 100% across the board in time for tomorrow and in a way, my stats prove an important point. Namely, the only reason I don’t have a 100% response time, is due to 1 spam message which I could not reply to. Meanwhile, I have only had one real late delivery and one brought about via a Fiverr bug.

Given the above, I’m down 3 out of 4 percentage points due to matters beyond my ability to control. In this case, there is no shame in being a victim of the first great Fiverr Cull. What I am interested in though, is why you might be a victim.

Did a Fiverr bug tip the balance? Does your niche simply necessitate that you cancel more frequently? - If so, what niche is it? Also, what did you try and do to maintain your current level?

Come on. You won’t be able to hide forever. Bring out your dead and vent and explain why you have fallen from grace in the eyes of our overlord.

aa39b7c0dd63031aa3a9e8c96e40fa03--tv-movie-monty-python

I had a 88% response rate while close to perfect across other metrics (96% to 98%) with 5 star ratings. 2% has cost me a level and when I tally up the responses for the last 60 days (in fact even beyond that I get at least 95%. I have no idea how they worked it out and raised a support ticket. Feel rigged to me.

Just had customer support cancel 2 active orders forcefully - I’m assuming it’s a chargeback or the person closed their account as they no longer exist / their account has disappeared - This unfortunately drops my completion rate from 91% to 89% - for a situation that would seemingly be out of my control I’ll now be penalized in a few hours for it.

As nice as the progressive level situation is - I see this ultimately negatively affecting the way sellers conduct business on the platform (or worse, the health of freelancers on this platform) - It’s becoming an incredibly fragile marketplace where reputation, seniority and likewise are no longer acknowledged as much as performance will be - and with performance being such a volatile figure on a month-to-month basis it’s bound to create instability to some degree.

Personally, and forwarding the discussion I’d see that it’d make more sense that you’d receive an initial warning before demotion or “2 strikes and you’re demoted” sort of implementation as you spend so much time earning and working your way up through the ranks and dedicating your time to the platform - only to be hit with situations such as mines where you get 2 random cancellations last minute (literally) and lose the very badge you’ve worked months to attain or the level you’ve been at for some which could be literally years - over having a 1% decline to what’s considered optimal.

As a seller who’s dedicated lots of time and effort to the platform, It’s simply concerning.

The totally same thing to me. Customer orderd a totally wrong thing which i do not offer or can provide. Also got a message from a potential customer which i could not answer, coz fiverr blocked his message. So now my rate is dropped down and today i lost my level 2 status.

Same thing happen to me also. I also demoted as level 1. it is hurt much when loss the lavel same feeling me here.

I get bots from ******* sending me messages like 5 or 6 in a row within a minute when I can’t reply to it. I had 88% response rate and everything else was close to perfect - still lose my seller ranking

As a seller, you work hard to get TSR level because it’s something the Fiverr staff picks manually. Of course you’ll have more chances of landing an order as a TSR than a LVL 2 seller. When you have the option of picking between two services priced exactly the same at $5, who would you go for? The TRS or a LVL1?

Please take a moment and think about what you’re writing before you hit the Reply button. It’s just common sense, and common sense dictates that in this, Fiverr screwed everybody over for no good reason.

Do you have any proof that someone picks TRS over a Level 2 seller if they have same amounts of orders in queue and same ratings? :thinking: I see many LV2 sellers having more orders than some TRS. And I know I wouldn’t even look at the badge, and usually do prefer less popular or new sellers over veteran sellers, if they provide similar quality according to ratings/portfolio.

But sure, TRS does mean it’s superior quality, so it for sure can bring extra sales. But I can pretty much guarantee a TRS that becomes level 2 can still pay their bills like they used to.

As for TRS having faster clearing for funds, that I didn’t even know.

Do you have any proof that someone picks TRS over a Level 2 seller if they have same amounts of orders in queue and same ratings? :thinking: I see many LV2 sellers having more orders than some TRS. And I know I wouldn’t even look at the badge, and usually do prefer less popular or new sellers over veteran sellers, if they provide similar quality according to ratings/portfolio.

But sure, TRS does mean it’s superior quality, so it for sure can bring extra sales. But I can pretty much guarantee a TRS that becomes level 2 can still pay their bills like they used to.

As for TRS having faster clearing for funds, that I didn’t even know.

Do you have any proof that someone picks TRS over a Level 2 seller if they have same amounts of orders in queue and same ratings? :thinking: I see many LV2 sellers having more orders than some TRS.

I’ve had just a few buyers in years explicitly telling me they’ve ordered my services because I was a TRS, although there might’ve been more who just didn’t tell me 😛

But I do confirm seeing many L2 sellers making more $ and having more orders than a lot of TRS 😉

Hi fellow demotees 😄

Like some other people, I have been demoted to level 2 after holding TRS for 3 years. Reason? A few days ago one buyer placed an order without reading the description, asking me to do something I was not offering. I could have waited until today to cancel the order so I don’t lose my TRS but I was not going to just ignore the buyer. After cancelling the order my rating instantly dropped and support said it’s ok, these cancellations don’t have big impact on status evaluation. Well here we are.

That’s not the first time I have been lied to by fiverr support though. A few years ago I won an instagram photo competition. Never received the prize. Support said they would instead fund my fiverr account with $30. I got $20 of fiverr money (which I cannot cash out) instead. I just didn’t care at that point, I have not even spent those $20 since I’m not using this platform as a buyer.

All of my gigs with an exception to one recent gig are personalized physical items. In the recent years I have noticed that fiverr is moving away from gigs which produce a physical shippable product, the exposure of my gigs have declined alot. I feel like it’s impossible to achieve the TRS again selling physical items after being demoted since my overall income is nowhere near the required amount. 500+ completed orders with an all time rating of 5 means nothing here 🙂

It’s been fun while fiverr supported physical gigs and I should have moved away as soon as they decided not to.

Have a great day everyone 😄

Do you have any proof that someone picks TRS over a Level 2 seller if they have same amounts of orders in queue and same ratings? :thinking: I see many LV2 sellers having more orders than some TRS.

I’ve had just a few buyers in years explicitly telling me they’ve ordered my services because I was a TRS, although there might’ve been more who just didn’t tell me 😛

But I do confirm seeing many L2 sellers making more $ and having more orders than a lot of TRS 😉

Well, that’s good proof! 😅 It can for sure have it’s advantages, no denying that!

Archived