Egg Recipes Wanted

writer99025

This might come across as “eeeeeeeew” for some people, but since I am Japanese and you asked for something simple, I suggest tamago-kake-gohan wich means “egg on rice.”

It’s simple, get a bowl of rice. With your chopsticks (if you have any…), create a small dent in the center of the rice, and crack open an egg. Yup, it’s raw. Leave the egg in their for a while so the rice can warm up the egg. Pour a bit of soy sauce, mix everything up and enjoy! 🙂

First Japanese food I have not wanted to try.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eggs don’t get along with my stomach sometimes even when cooked. It looks cute in that cup though, but the chopsticks getting ready to break the yoke…

aaaaaah, but breaking the yolk is the best part!!! The mix mix mix mix mix mix and devour, hahaha!!!

This might come across as “eeeeeeeew” for some people, but since I am Japanese and you asked for something simple, I suggest tamago-kake-gohan wich means “egg on rice.”

It’s simple, get a bowl of rice. With your chopsticks (if you have any…), create a small dent in the center of the rice, and crack open an egg. Yup, it’s raw. Leave the egg in their for a while so the rice can warm up the egg. Pour a bit of soy sauce, mix everything up and enjoy! 🙂

LOL…can’t see myself trying that one 🙂 Agree with MissC. Nothing against egg yolk, but rice and egg don’t go well together.

dead simple. Do the scrambled eggs. You basically just beat 'em, put 'em in a pan and stir 'em until they’re cooked. You’ll be fine. 🙂

scrambled eggs is awfully simple and apart from some salt and pepper you can put a handful of fresh herbs in like parsley, chives, coriander, whatever you like and can imagine going well with egg to make it fancy in a simple fast way too.

scrambled eggs is awfully simple and apart from some salt and pepper you can put a handful of fresh herbs in like parsley, chives, coriander, whatever you like and can imagine going well with egg to make it fancy in a simple fast way too.

Maybe writer will put curry on his eggs. That seems to be the favorite spice in India.

I probably would be too if I could hire a cook for so little. Many men in America are wonderful cooks.

Yeah, I suppose so. But as I told you my case is exceptional…most people in India have a family of 4 or 5 to feed, children, school fees to pay, rent, etc. Things are not really cheap in India (in comparison to the average Indian income). People struggle a lot here.

Yeah, I suppose so. But as I told you my case is exceptional…most people in India have a family of 4 or 5 to feed, children, school fees to pay, rent, etc. Things are not really cheap in India (in comparison to the average Indian income). People struggle a lot here.

I admire you for being your own man and going against tradition, although it might not be from choice. I talk to people from India a lot here and know that tradition is very strong there and seems to control how people live their lives. My Indian friend would love to live there but is only allowed to go there for two months at a time.

I admire you for being your own man and going against tradition, although it might not be from choice. I talk to people from India a lot here and know that tradition is very strong there and seems to control how people live their lives. My Indian friend would love to live there but is only allowed to go there for two months at a time.

When I lost my father in my early 20s, I lost all ties to traditions/customs/relatives/friends etc. It was me versus the world.

i quite enjoy adding egg to any kind of soup. for a beginner, even if you just have a very basic soup (chicken broth/vegetable broth etc), adding a beaten egg in at the end and mixing it around, is so yummy. you could search ‘egg drop soup’ for ideas, but honestly any soup that isn’t creamy would work for ‘dropping’ an egg in at the end.

i quite enjoy adding egg to any kind of soup. for a beginner, even if you just have a very basic soup (chicken broth/vegetable broth etc), adding a beaten egg in at the end and mixing it around, is so yummy. you could search ‘egg drop soup’ for ideas, but honestly any soup that isn’t creamy would work for ‘dropping’ an egg in at the end.

That reminds me of the scene in the movie The Birdcage where the guy in the kitchen has to cook for the party and has never done any cooking and puts whole eggs in the soup.

It is actually EWWW… NO NO NO

Archived