New seller's policy!

frank_d

poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. poll

All you’re achieving here is getting yourself added onto a lot of very good sellers’ blacklists–and that’s friendly advice.

EDIT: @silkroute loves to delete anything that smells of controversy, but this post stands.

Yes.

I took your friendly advice and acted on it.

Unless this wasn’t addressed to me :

getting yourself added onto a lot of very good sellers’ blacklists–and that’s friendly advice.

@writer99025 I might be a chicken, but I’m a good chicken.

35e552ea91f48d454a1052e82cd2a26d36527d2d.jpg

The bit directed at you was shock directed at you, but the rest that you quoted was directed at m. le Derailleur.

Either way, stand behind your words. Be more relaxed. As far as I am concerned, if you’re going to say something, say it. If it’s horrible, someone else will censor it for you. The self-censorship is… bleh. And you do it for everything!

Now can someone tell me how to take a screenshot with the cursor on the link and the link appearing in the bottom left thankyouverymuchplease? Or, do it anyways as that will be quite a bit faster!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I wanted the cursor to be included in the image. Got everything else there!

You deleted again!!!

EDIT: if you can do it, plz do it. Send me the screenshot, as I won’t just delete it either. Someone else will.

I wonder why customer service told me otherwise.

I still think that they notice if it gets excessive and then they demote your gigs but if it’s within reason they don’t.
But I don’t know what they consider within reason.

Some gigs naturally will have a higher cancellation rate. Gigs that simply deliver an ebook for example will not have as many cancellations but gigs that leave room for confusion by their nature will have more.

Where does the “99% of cancellations are avoidable” statistic come from? I’m surprised to read this after the whole YouTube controversy a few weeks ago. What are sellers supposed to do… complete inappropriate orders to keep a low cancellation rate and high ranking? Unfortunately, this platform does have a fair amount of buyers with ill intent lurking around and it would be very difficult to run an ethical business here without canceling orders.

The 99% stat comes from the International Home of Elderly Stats, where good stats go to find a home and find a new purpose. So many times, we have found a stat on the verge of death–only to nurse it back to rude health

Never leave a good stat lying around your home. It can be used. It will be loved, and it will be cared for, in the most unexpected ways.

Please; think of the stats.

[**offmic rec: "I’m up to ma [beep] neck in [bEEEP!] charity {beep] cases! Who the [boooop] do those [bipboopbap] [belch] think I AM? MOTHER THERESA? Just roll it out!]

Where does the “99% of cancellations are avoidable” statistic come from? I’m surprised to read this after the whole YouTube controversy a few weeks ago. What are sellers supposed to do… complete inappropriate orders to keep a low cancellation rate and high ranking? Unfortunately, this platform does have a fair amount of buyers with ill intent lurking around and it would be very difficult to run an ethical business here without canceling orders.

What are sellers supposed to do… complete inappropriate orders to keep a low cancellation rate and high ranking?

I have noticed a few top rated sellers who have the highest rankings with lots and lots of one star reviews and they maintain their top row ranking— and I definitely get the impression they take jobs they can’t do often which leads to the bad reviews, so there might be the opinion that it is better to accept any job that comes your way no matter what.

What are sellers supposed to do… complete inappropriate orders to keep a low cancellation rate and high ranking?

I have noticed a few top rated sellers who have the highest rankings with lots and lots of one star reviews and they maintain their top row ranking— and I definitely get the impression they take jobs they can’t do often which leads to the bad reviews, so there might be the opinion that it is better to accept any job that comes your way no matter what.

I know the gigs you’re probably referring to, and most of them are for tech/seo/writing work. There’s not much that can go wrong for gigs in those categories, but in other categories, accepting all orders could be harmful (ie. the infamous incident a few weeks ago.) Orders like that are extremely common in the video category. Just today, I cancelled an order from a teenage boy whose script was bullying a classmate and another video full of inappropriate innuendos.

@emmaki Thank you for the enlightenment. Unfortunately, the education system here in the US doesn’t teach us of such places.

Just saw it. I don’t notice anything that has changed though. I thought that most of the stuff on there was just kinda the policy before

Agreed. It seems very similar. Let’s see how the cancellation rate changes the way our account standings are. In the end, cancellations that are mutual and fair are inevitable. Fiverr make money when orders complete successfully. Sellers want that as well, obviously. Sometimes it’s just best for everyone to cancel the order though. I would understand if our account gets some sort of ding if you cancel 30% of your orders or more.

Is someone buddies with an etsy seller? Since policies written down and in practice aren’t always the same, some bg from where the new policy is in place already might be a nice-to-have. 😉

(^joke, for those whose displays don’t display winking smileys for some reason)

So I get that cancellations, if they are abused by sellers who want to avoid bad ratings or take more than they can chew regularly, aren’t a good thing.

What I don’t get is that they’d want to hurt sellers and buyers maybe and thus their bottomline as well, if those drops in percent from cancellations are from cases like those that made my rate drop count adversely - one buyer accidentally hit 20 instead of 2 for a gig multiple, one buyer (with a crown from fiverr both I think btw) didn’t need what they had ordered anymore and I hadn’t started on it yet, the one and only cancellation I had in the three months before that was a buyer who accidentally had ordered the same gig twice… should I have insisted on not cancelling ? Sure those buyers would have loved fiverr for that, sure the buyer who made a mistake when clicking buttons would have just laughed it off, paid 10x as much as he wanted to/the gig cost and happily would have have stayed my/fiverr’s customer…

It just makes no sense to punish anyone for that kind of thing, and i can’t imagine none of ‘them’ sees and knows that.

If someone thought this through and I hope and assume they did, by common sense this should mean that indeed the reasons for cancellations should play the major role in how they will affect anything.

We’ll see, I guess.

ETA:
That doesn’t change my feelings towards the way such changes are brought on their way BTW.
I don’t mind companies changing stuff, in fact companies have to change stuff if they want to survive and or grow, but, like, how about an email next time, before we see our rate plummet.

Is someone buddies with an etsy seller? Since policies written down and in practice aren’t always the same, some bg from where the new policy is in place already might be a nice-to-have. 😉

(^joke, for those whose displays don’t display winking smileys for some reason)

So I get that cancellations, if they are abused by sellers who want to avoid bad ratings or take more than they can chew regularly, aren’t a good thing.

What I don’t get is that they’d want to hurt sellers and buyers maybe and thus their bottomline as well, if those drops in percent from cancellations are from cases like those that made my rate drop count adversely - one buyer accidentally hit 20 instead of 2 for a gig multiple, one buyer (with a crown from fiverr both I think btw) didn’t need what they had ordered anymore and I hadn’t started on it yet, the one and only cancellation I had in the three months before that was a buyer who accidentally had ordered the same gig twice… should I have insisted on not cancelling ? Sure those buyers would have loved fiverr for that, sure the buyer who made a mistake when clicking buttons would have just laughed it off, paid 10x as much as he wanted to/the gig cost and happily would have have stayed my/fiverr’s customer…

It just makes no sense to punish anyone for that kind of thing, and i can’t imagine none of ‘them’ sees and knows that.

If someone thought this through and I hope and assume they did, by common sense this should mean that indeed the reasons for cancellations should play the major role in how they will affect anything.

We’ll see, I guess.

ETA:

That doesn’t change my feelings towards the way such changes are brought on their way BTW.

I don’t mind companies changing stuff, in fact companies have to change stuff if they want to survive and or grow, but, like, how about an email next time, before we see our rate plummet.

Oh, I see they made you a regular too. Ok. 😡

@writer99025 here’s an idea for a new thread:

Unveiled: The conspiracy behind the Regular badge 😡

Or maybe you could fashion it into the mold of a meksell complaint: Help: What do I do to become a Regular? 😕

@topic: fiverr should get their act together “pretty, pretty” quickly. All of this confusion and uncertainty is annoying and unsettling.

Archived