New seller's policy!

frank_d

poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. poll

Maybe it’s too late to unionize, but maybe a small committee could request a some sort of direct contact with Fiverr staff? Like a live AMA or we can make a list of suggestions? Issues thst need to be resolved?

I don’t think that product development is that much all over the place. More like the implementation of it, which is likely a result of the horrible communication between all departments. The cancellations, for example; for many years mutuals didn’t count, yet as soon as the seller success program started, they were calculated along with a bunch of other metrics (SS [ahem] sellers have a personal rep and get “quarterly reports” on their progress. One should be due fairly soon) which set my alarm bells off. Then the recent change to the successfully completed orders business and CS robotically saying it didn’t count, culminating in the latest update with this post: they do count.

It’s still not clear whether it’s just for us, or if it has an actual effect. After all, this is on a rather anodyne blog post full of anodyne “success stories” (and I’m looking at all of you sellers who brag about this right, don’t complain!) which links to–of all things–Etsy’s TOS.

That’s just ONE small area of a huge website where the staff is spread out over continents and trying to transform from “crappy old Fiverr” to “get shit done” Fiverr. Fiverr: put your own house in order before getting overly ambitious. That’s just common sense. Dump the awful sellers rather than pressure everyone to give 110% to weed out the bad ones. Find ways to put off the cheap and nasty buyers nobody likes. Then let’s talk about the next level. Because this, all this? It’s amateur hour.

Maybe it’s too late to unionize, but maybe a small committee could request a sone sort of direct contact with Fiverr staff? Like a live AMA or we can make a list of suggestions? Issues thst need to be resolved?

I take it you didn’t see the hilarious Twitter Q&A about, oh, a month ago? Ordinary sellers and buyers were invited to a 30/40m Q&A session on Twitter. It was announced in a dazzling blaze of publicity at about 6pm EST, 10 minutes before it started, and was about as great as you’d expect. I didn’t join in as I did not have a Twooper acct, but… well… see for yourself (Q&A included in link).

t*********m RO-Cl2jU_400x400.jpg

Micha Kaufman (michakaufman)

As part of our new #InDoersWeTrust campaign I want your thoughts: What can @Fiverr improve on or create in 2017 to help you do? #Fiverr2017

Again, I urge people to look at Fiverr’s Glassdoor reviews. By all means, take them with a rich pinch of salt as anyone can write a review, but it’s food for thought; there will be no union, and we will not be listened to unless its somehow good for the status quo.

I hardly need point out what the FB page for Fiverr is like: a graveyard of “halp me CS plz” on every. single. post.

Ironically, this is the CEO’s latest (re)Twoop:

What makes a doer? Not playing by someone else's idiotic rules. Find the freedom to live your own way on Fiverr. #InDoersWeTrust pic.■■■■■■■■■■■/TzzWBrCX3W

— Fiverr (@fiverr) February 13, 2017

'Nuff said, guv’na.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think that product development is that much all over the place. More like the implementation of it, which is likely a result of the horrible communication between all departments. The cancellations, for example; for many years mutuals didn’t count, yet as soon as the seller success program started, they were calculated along with a bunch of other metrics (SS [ahem] sellers have a personal rep and get “quarterly reports” on their progress. One should be due fairly soon) which set my alarm bells off. Then the recent change to the successfully completed orders business and CS robotically saying it didn’t count, culminating in the latest update with this post: they do count.

It’s still not clear whether it’s just for us, or if it has an actual effect. After all, this is on a rather anodyne blog post full of anodyne “success stories” (and I’m looking at all of you sellers who brag about this right, don’t complain!) which links to–of all things–Etsy’s TOS.

That’s just ONE small area of a huge website where the staff is spread out over continents and trying to transform from “crappy old Fiverr” to “get shit done” Fiverr. Fiverr: put your own house in order before getting overly ambitious. That’s just common sense. Dump the awful sellers rather than pressure everyone to give 110% to weed out the bad ones. Find ways to put off the cheap and nasty buyers nobody likes. Then let’s talk about the next level. Because this, all this? It’s amateur hour.

Maybe it’s too late to unionize, but maybe a small committee could request a sone sort of direct contact with Fiverr staff? Like a live AMA or we can make a list of suggestions? Issues thst need to be resolved?

I take it you didn’t see the hilarious Twitter Q&A about, oh, a month ago? Ordinary sellers and buyers were invited to a 30/40m Q&A session on Twitter. It was announced in a dazzling blaze of publicity at about 6pm EST, 10 minutes before it started, and was about as great as you’d expect. I didn’t join in as I did not have a Twooper acct, but… well… see for yourself (Q&A included in link).

t*********m RO-Cl2jU_400x400.jpg

Micha Kaufman (michakaufman)

As part of our new #InDoersWeTrust campaign I want your thoughts: What can @Fiverr improve on or create in 2017 to help you do? #Fiverr2017

Again, I urge people to look at Fiverr’s Glassdoor reviews. By all means, take them with a rich pinch of salt as anyone can write a review, but it’s food for thought; there will be no union, and we will not be listened to unless its somehow good for the status quo.

I hardly need point out what the FB page for Fiverr is like: a graveyard of “halp me CS plz” on every. single. post.

Ironically, this is the CEO’s latest (re)Twoop:

What makes a doer? Not playing by someone else's idiotic rules. Find the freedom to live your own way on Fiverr. #InDoersWeTrust pic.■■■■■■■■■■■/TzzWBrCX3W

— Fiverr (@fiverr) February 13, 2017

'Nuff said, guv’na.

I watched the twitter circus a while back. Laughed my behind off.

Heck I’m willing to fly out to HQ on my own dime if they officially accept such a thing.

I read all glassdoor reviews and most of them made sense.

Like they sort of vocalized things I was suspecting but unwilling to admit might be true. 😦

Really bummed me out tbh.

I watched the twitter circus a while back. Laughed my behind off.

Heck I’m willing to fly out to HQ on my own dime if they officially accept such a thing.

I read all glassdoor reviews and most of them made sense.

Like they sort of vocalized things I was suspecting but unwilling to admit might be true. 😦

Really bummed me out tbh.

Back in Oct/Nov the CMO left, along with someone else quite high ranking. Can’t remember who now.

Maybe it means something, maybe it means nothing. Glassdoor holds a shimmer of a clue. I do wonder if it was anything to do with, well, who knows?

Slightly off-topic: I think CS is broken tonight as I sent them a message and I didn’t get that autorresponder ticket thing twice. I then sent (after a few hours) another brief message mentioning this, and still no autoreponder “we’re getting around to it”. I tried on the website and from email, so it’s all quite curious.

I should have had a response by now anyway. Just another thing to worrywart everyone with!

Ultimately though, I do think we as a community of buyers and sellers would be a lot stronger if we were more vocal about stuff. Not so much the pointlessly low-level stuff like “I wan’ git payed faster, man” and “plz to pause clock when server borked” but, you know, actual issues.

Imagine if all Fiverrr’s best sellers–ALL OF THEM–went on strike for a week leaving the dregs behind to get shit done.

L-O-L as I believe the cool kids say. You see @multisync3, it’s a 50:50 thing. This site needs good sellers and good buyers. If all the good sellers just quit for longer than Fiverr can comfortably handle it, a lot would change around here. The same as if buyers throttled their pursestrings until all the crud was kicked out.

But it’s not going to happen. There’s a real culture of fear around the whole business model 😃

Guest multisync3

Ultimately though, I do think we as a community of buyers and sellers would be a lot stronger if we were more vocal about stuff. Not so much the pointlessly low-level stuff like “I wan’ git payed faster, man” and “plz to pause clock when server borked” but, you know, actual issues.

Imagine if all Fiverrr’s best sellers–ALL OF THEM–went on strike for a week leaving the dregs behind to get shit done.

L-O-L as I believe the cool kids say. You see @multisync3, it’s a 50:50 thing. This site needs good sellers and good buyers. If all the good sellers just quit for longer than Fiverr can comfortably handle it, a lot would change around here. The same as if buyers throttled their pursestrings until all the crud was kicked out.

But it’s not going to happen. There’s a real culture of fear around the whole business model 😃

Yes, because you’re bringing it back around to me again, even though you derailed the thread to such an extent it got hacked up to pieces the last time, instead of discussing the new seller’s policy, which is not all about me, contrary to what you appear to believe.

You know full well what that **** ******* ******* said, and there was no strong language in there; just a very accurate personality assessment. Your subsequent behavior merely underlined my points, all of them. Thanks for that!

BACK ON TOPIC that new feature (the team one for buyers), do we think that it could be related to an overall restructuring of how the site works? There is, after all, a possibility of seller teams coming about at some undefined point in the future now, and reducing cancellations and all the rest of the burble in the blog may be a first step at redefining good behavior, as per Etsy’s fantastic TOS.

P.S. @writer99025 88% is how much currency was taken out of circulation in one fell swoop by the venerable Modiji. That’s… quite a big slash across the face.

.S. @writer99025 88% is how much currency was taken out of circulation in one fell swoop by the venerable Modiji. That’s… quite a big slash across the face.

So? Most of my money is in the bank, I don’t hoard cash. I lost nothing. The country is back on its feet after the demonetization, its done and dusted, and stock markets are up again, close to their highs.

.S. @writer99025 88% is how much currency was taken out of circulation in one fell swoop by the venerable Modiji. That’s… quite a big slash across the face.

So? Most of my money is in the bank, I don’t hoard cash. I lost nothing. The country is back on its feet after the demonetization, its done and dusted, and stock markets are up again, close to their highs.

I lost nothing

That’s not what you said at the time (regarding those errant notes, but your point is overall noted; I’m just being picky). I must say though, given that you were talking about the Kardashian, uh, Klan’s ill-gotten fortunes and Mr. Poor Indian Farmer on $75 a month, it might not be time to start trumpeting just yet. Besides, stock markets are really quite open to corruption, despite what the media and bodies like the SEC would have the common man believe. The whole system is!

But you know, politics ist Verboten. We could shout at each other about this in a PM though, if you like.

I lost nothing

That’s not what you said at the time (regarding those errant notes, but your point is overall noted; I’m just being picky). I must say though, given that you were talking about the Kardashian, uh, Klan’s ill-gotten fortunes and Mr. Poor Indian Farmer on $75 a month, it might not be time to start trumpeting just yet. Besides, stock markets are really quite open to corruption, despite what the media and bodies like the SEC would have the common man believe. The whole system is!

But you know, politics ist Verboten. We could shout at each other about this in a PM though, if you like.

LOL…things are fine here. Anyway, very busy, got lots of work to do. I’ve been so busy last couple of months haven’t had time to worry about politics/nation and stuff.

would you clear my point about the new seller’s policy?

Because i saw no difference right there.

Fiverr CS said that mutual cancellations don’t matter.

Fiverr’s official blog (link in OP) said that all cancellations matter.

Confusion reigns.

Fiverr CS said that mutual cancellations don’t matter.

Fiverr’s official blog (link in OP) said that all cancellations matter.

Confusion reigns.

I think that what is going on is that customer support is not getting such messages about what matters and also want to conclude the discussion with whomever they are responding to with as little fuss as possible.

I think that what is going on is that customer support is not getting such messages about what matters and also want to conclude the discussion with whomever they are responding to with as little fuss as possible.

Of course; they have their own metrics to follow which are likely as irritating as ours. I only go when I have an actual issue–but can you imagine the level of petty “u r rong” bs that each agent has to go through daily?

If anything, those automated resonses are probably saving jobs lol

EDIT: e.g. like that guy with 3 banned accounts who was “not satis” with CS because… ugh God help us all. That guy’s just gonna open a new account, pull the same bs and complain again in a few more months. Doesn’t even deserve the time of day, if you ask me.

The country is back on its feet

That’s not what you said at the time

I’ve been so busy

This is why I delete my responses if they are tangential. Starting a conversation and letting the replies remain, makes it tempting for others to chime in and the thread goes for a toss. Deleting it cleans up the thread automatically after 24 hours.

Maybe it’s too late to unionize

Unionizing only works if we have a bargaining chip and we can get people to rally behind a certain opinion. New mek sels are being added to the marketplace everyday, who are willing to do more and more for less and less, so the benchamark for ‘acceptable experience’ keeps diluting. Other sellers who are trying to demand a better experience from Fiverr, in exchange for their 20%, are actually in the minority.

The buyers are pampered for choice. << That’s the USP of the system. If buyers are no longer pampered, then this works against the ‘charm’ of the marketplace. The only unionizing one can do here is to get other sellers to follow certain unofficial guidelines (no free samples, no unlimited revisions, no undercutting etc)

The country is back on its feet

That’s not what you said at the time

I’ve been so busy

This is why I delete my responses if they are tangential. Starting a conversation and letting the replies remain, makes it tempting for others to chime in and the thread goes for a toss. Deleting it cleans up the thread automatically after 24 hours.

Maybe it’s too late to unionize

Unionizing only works if we have a bargaining chip and we can get people to rally behind a certain opinion. New mek sels are being added to the marketplace everyday, who are willing to do more and more for less and less, so the benchamark for ‘acceptable experience’ keeps diluting. Other sellers who are trying to demand a better experience from Fiverr, in exchange for their 20%, are actually in the minority.

The buyers are pampered for choice. << That’s the USP of the system. If buyers are no longer pampered, then this works against the ‘charm’ of the marketplace. The only unionizing one can do here is to get other sellers to follow certain unofficial guidelines (no free samples, no unlimited revisions, no undercutting etc)

We don’t have a bargaining chip? Without us Fiverr makes 0%

But to be honest I was never for unions.

What I think is essential at this point is to have our issues/demands heard.

And not at a meksell level.

Real actual issues.

Like Fiverr adding/removing features that affect our bottom line with 0 official announcements, having us figuring them out in the forum, and pitting us against angry buyers.

Or them focusing on idiotic metrics while more basic features stay underdeveloped or buggy as heck.

Real actual issues.

Like Fiverr adding/removing features that affect our bottom line with 0 official announcements, having us figuring them out in the forum, and pitting us against angry buyers.

Or them focusing on idiotic metrics while more basic features stay underdeveloped or buggy as heck.

The “us” is not a monolithic bloc here. If you choose to quit, there are 30M other gigs which will still continue to comply with Fiverr’s TOS and work within the constraints.

Right now, no individual seller or group of sellers is big enough to play the [or else] card with Fiverr and get their demands heard.

That makes it a bargaining chip - NOT.

Real actual issues.

Hi frank,

fiverr owns and runs this site. They get to make all decisions. It’s not a democracy.

I would be happy to have that app bug fixed. Very happy. 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

Aaand… Now the shiny new Analytics page isn’t working. The one that’s supposed to help us keep the track of cancellations and everything and help us get 💩 done. All I get when I click on the Analytics page is the footer of every Fiverr page.

Anyone else?

I haven’t had the new analytics page at all - only the old one.

Guest offlinehelpers

Does your analytics page work now? Can you see it normally?

Yup - I can see it, but it’s the old one, or the same one I’ve always had because I haven’t had the new one, if that all makes sense!

The “us” is not a monolithic bloc here. If you choose to quit, there are 30M other gigs which will still continue to comply with Fiverr’s TOS and work within the constraints.

Right now, no individual seller or group of sellers is big enough to play the [or else] card with Fiverr and get their demands heard.

That makes it a bargaining chip - NOT.

Yeah, by “us” I meant big whales here. So yes while there are 30 million gigs waiting around the corner, making crappy sales is not the same thing as a person who makes them 3-5k a month.

Catch my drift?

Hi frank,

fiverr owns and runs this site. They get to make all decisions. It’s not a democracy.

who said anything about a democracy?

I am talking about some of the big players of this community, telling fiverr

“hey you know what? we love this platform, but these 5 things suck. Fix em”

You are a perfect example:

iverr owns and runs this site. They get to make all decisions. It’s not a democracy.

Bringing any motion of change down…

…aaaaand at the same time you suffer from a bug they are not fixing.

So what I suggest, is a move so that they listen to us.

Don’t know how you misunderstood what I was saying for a democracy.

Maybe it sounds obscene because people on a major working site, should not have to talk over things like this on the forum.

We should be able to open a ticket and have Fiverr get its sh*t together within a week.

who said anything about a democracy?

I am talking about some of the big players of this community, telling fiverr

“hey you know what? we love this platform, but these 5 things suck. Fix em”

You are a perfect example:

iverr owns and runs this site. They get to make all decisions. It’s not a democracy.

Bringing any motion of change down…

…aaaaand at the same time you suffer from a bug they are not fixing.

So what I suggest, is a move so that they listen to us.

Don’t know how you misunderstood what I was saying for a democracy.

Maybe it sounds obscene because people on a major working site, should not have to talk over things like this on the forum.

We should be able to open a ticket and have Fiverr get its sh*t together within a week.

I hear ya but there is no more I can personally do than what I’ve already done about it – I have contacted them and will continue to contact them each time it happens.

Like I said it is up to the one who owns the site and the people who run it whether or not they do anything. If you own a site, you do what you want with it.

What else do you suggest?

Archived