Why do some new seller accounts, or even ones that are older, have dozens of reviews from the same buyer?

misscrystal

I also see older sellers who also have dozens of reviews in a row from the same buyer.

In my category it’s common:

I do Voice Over, and some of my buyers are high volume White Board/Video/Animation sellers. They subcontract the VO to me.

One guy is so busy, he will order 5-10 times per week, and when he gets a chance, go through and rate all my gigs at once. Sometimes he’ll rate a half dozen gigs at once, sometimes he’ll do 25 that he’s ignored for a couple weeks. Rarely does he rate one or two.

He just batches that for some reason… I assume it’s easier for him to do them all at once. I suspect your “100 in a row” is like some of my buyers, but even more extreme.

I do have a set that seem to wait until they need to order again, and will then rate a set of mine they ignored in the past. (I usually know they are ordering again that day, because the ratings just arrived…)

A new user could just be their friend ordering gigs and rating.

I look at gigs in my category mostly and have seen the new accounts with a dozen or more reviews in a row.

It is selling psychic readings or spells. One gig has only about a dozen reviews in the last year from various different buyers, but over 100 reviews from the same buyer.

It is a seller who has mostly identical gigs, about 30 of them.

I always wonder how a new seller has a lot of reviews from the same buyer as soon as he launches his gig.

I look at gigs in my category mostly and have seen the new accounts with a dozen or more reviews in a row.

It is selling psychic readings or spells. One gig has only about a dozen reviews in the last year from various different buyers, but over 100 reviews from the same buyer.

It is a seller who has mostly identical gigs, about 30 of them.

I always wonder how a new seller has a lot of reviews from the same buyer as soon as he launches his gig.

It is selling psychic readings or spells. One gig has only about a dozen reviews in the last year from various different buyers, but over 100 reviews from the same buyer.It is a seller who has mostly identical gigs, about 30 of them.

Are you referring to me? If so, that was the same guy who did that Paypal stuff and got me messed up.

It is selling psychic readings or spells. One gig has only about a dozen reviews in the last year from various different buyers, but over 100 reviews from the same buyer.It is a seller who has mostly identical gigs, about 30 of them.

Are you referring to me? If so, that was the same guy who did that Paypal stuff and got me messed up.

No Ive never looked at yours.

I remember when I first started Fiverr I had a buyer and was super excited to start working and making money.
I remember going overboard to help her and she bought like 10 gigs in a row. She was very nice. I still remember what her avatar looked like. It had a cartoon squirrel with a helmet on it.
Maybe it is similar to my case.

• 2 years later...

as i am solely a ‘buyer’ on fiverr, i feel i should share that in the past I’ve ALWAYS checked reviews of sellers who havent elevated to levels one or two yet. if there were more than two reviews from the same buyer, i would move on to the next gig.

obviously after reading this forum, my perspective has shifted. however, you guys should honestly insist that fiverr includes a ‘verified purchase’ badge on each review associated with a transaction. i know there are obviously ways around it for dishonest sellers, but it would at the very least instill some confidence for potential buyers.

as i am solely a ‘buyer’ on fiverr, i feel i should share that in the past I’ve ALWAYS checked reviews of sellers who havent elevated to levels one or two yet. if there were more than two reviews from the same buyer, i would move on to the next gig.

obviously after reading this forum, my perspective has shifted. however, you guys should honestly insist that fiverr includes a ‘verified purchase’ badge on each review associated with a transaction. i know there are obviously ways around it for dishonest sellers, but it would at the very least instill some confidence for potential buyers.

The verified purchase badge in theory is a great idea, only that, unlike with, for instance, Amazon, there is no way to leave a review without actually buying a gig on Fiverr, so that badge would be applied to all reviews … which again probably would look weird to buyers.

I’m glad this thread shifted your and maybe some other buyers’ view a bit, it would be a pity if many buyers would skip gigs whenever they see more than one review from the same buyer - they’d only buy from sellers who yet didn’t have a single buyer who was so satisfied with their work that they returned.

I’d say if it’s a (new) seller who has only reviews from the same buyer, it makes sense to do some extra vetting (extra vetting can’t hurt anyway, even with old sellers who are new to you;

check their profile and gig images with Google image search to make sure they didn’t “borrow” them from other sellers or the Internet in general;

check their gig descriptions as well - if there is anything suspicious like the gig description is perfect but their profile description or communication doesn’t match at all, or a new seller with no or just a handful reviews claiming they have hundreds of satisfied customers on Fiverr, or give some astronomically high review count while they in fact have no or few reviews, chances are that they simply copied the text from a successful seller to piggyback on their success;

look for something “small” you can order from a new seller you’d like to try out before you give them a bigger order, etc.).

But I’d definitely not skip sellers with several or even many reviews from the same buyer, like that, you never will get a seller who is so good they get many happy return and or regular clients.

I got 9 orders/reviews from the same buyer in a row. I was writing lyrics for a battle rap game he was making. He gave me a new word bank to use with each order. I had a total of about 20 all together.

Good for you! Repeat buyers are so great. It’s great feedback for us, to know our work has instilled loyalty in a buyer.

Well, I don’t think it’s weird. :roll_eyes: I am not a new seller neither do I have DOZENS of reviews in a row from the same buyer, but I do have reviews from 2 same buyers. And the answer is this simple that they are permanent clients. They liked my work the first time and kept coming to me when they needed again. 100 reviews from same buyer in a row? It’s not suspicious to me neither. The buyer, I’m currently working with, wants to work with me in future and as I had one 1-star review (Buyer was blocked later by Fiverr because of her behavior. She was very arrogant and non-responsible), I can’t send buyer requests now until I have 90% of positive reviews unfortunately so, I won’t be able to get new order easily, I will keep working with my current permanent client and will keep getting reviews from him in row. Does that sounds suspicious to you? That buyer can have his own reason.

Well, I don’t think it’s weird. :roll_eyes: I am not a new seller neither do I have DOZENS of reviews in a row from the same buyer, but I do have reviews from 2 same buyers. And the answer is this simple that they are permanent clients. They liked my work the first time and kept coming to me when they needed again. 100 reviews from same buyer in a row? It’s not suspicious to me neither. The buyer, I’m currently working with, wants to work with me in future and as I had one 1-star review (Buyer was blocked later by Fiverr because of her behavior. She was very arrogant and non-responsible), I can’t send buyer requests now until I have 90% of positive reviews unfortunately so, I won’t be able to get new order easily, I will keep working with my current permanent client and will keep getting reviews from him in row. Does that sounds suspicious to you? That buyer can have his own reason.

Multiple reviews from the same buyer is a fantastic indicator to prospective buyers that you keep customers happy and deliver a great product. Good for you!!

When I first started out, I only had one client who would order from me. They have been ordering from me a few times a week ever since! In the beginning, it probably would have looked a little strange as I no doubt have 3-4 reviews from them in a row; that being said, hundreds? I would DEFINITELY be suspicious about that.

I wish I would have multiple reviews from one buyer - I have a repeat buyer, but they bundle all the orders to one custom order - instead of me getting 7 reviews, I get one…or even none. so sad…😞🙂

Repeat business is way better than new business…in most cases.

• 1 year later...

I am a buyer and last year I use a seller from Nigeria Almost everyday some times more then once a day.
You made me look and I made with here 108 orders LOL

It was small 10-15 USD AutoCAD gigs and I gave a review every time.
She was great.

One day she sold her business to some other seller.
I noticed because the quality changed from gold to sh1t.

So now, I look for several seller for a time and split the work between them.
but still. the last 3 reviews for 1 seller this week are in a row

so yes…

It happen

Archived