Let's help make Fiverr clean and hacker FREE!

spackle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question. I went through the forum settings, either there isn´t a close/delete option there or I didn´t find it. The forum runs on discourse software, maybe one has to somehow delete one´s account over discourse if one wants to, in case it´s even possible at all.

I looked it up, it seems one can´t delete one´s own account, only forum Mods or Admins can do that.

cb4bec8901221d4a646e45e1fa03db3a65e17f59.pngDiscourse Meta

cb4bec8901221d4a646e45e1fa03db3a65e17f59.png

Leaving a Forum / Deleting your own account

Is there any scope to allow users to delete their own accounts or “leave” the forum. Or at least show that they are no longer participating so it may leave the topics / comments they added but show that they have since “left”?

Good search there. Thank you for the information! @miiila

Hi Everyone. We are reviewing every hacked account report to make sure everything is handled correctly. Please contact support if you ever come across something like this. We take your account security very seriously.

Hello, good to know someone is looking into it now, I had sent a ticket to CS on the current 2 cases reported here on the forum. Thanks for the information.

The copy-paste response I eventually got from fiverr is a joke. I have been a loyal customer to these assholes and this is entirely unacceptable. I see someone else has had this experience. They do not take your security seriously. Some fiverr guy commented in this thread but no one has reached out to me with anything approaching a serious, personal response, aside from the lovely members of this forum (thank you).

I can assure you 100% that if your fiverr account gets hacked you will be treated like a dog. Such a shame. I have supported so many creative people through this service and was totally invested.

I imagine others will get hacked and there will be publicity. When that time comes, I will have my say.

The copy-paste response I eventually got from fiverr is a joke. I have been a loyal customer to these assholes and this is entirely unacceptable. I see someone else has had this experience. They do not take your security seriously. Some fiverr guy commented in this thread but no one has reached out to me with anything approaching a serious, personal response, aside from the lovely members of this forum (thank you).

I can assure you 100% that if your fiverr account gets hacked you will be treated like a dog. Such a shame. I have supported so many creative people through this service and was totally invested.

I imagine others will get hacked and there will be publicity. When that time comes, I will have my say.

I have been a loyal customer to these assholes

You might want to edit this?

Hi!

I am very sorry to hear that you have to face this. I think your account got hacked by phishing. Did you click on a link that took you back to the Fiverr Login Page? I am asking this because this has happened to me. But luckily, I knew about these tricks and instantly reported the user.

Don’t worry, Fiverr CS will get back to you and you will surely get you funds back.

Wish you best of luck!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello talented people,
I have experienced a bad thing on Fiverr 😑 , It is very important to share with you and I want to give some tips so that you do not face this problem!

My experience:

I got a very beautiful text from a buyer, He told me that, Fiverr suggested him to hire me and he wants to give me a project. I was so excited as usual. He gives me a link to check and also told me to inform him if I can do his project.

I provide WordPress website service and I often get such type of text from my clients, Generally, they want to show me a website sample and expect to design like that, So I just visited his link. There was a login interface, such as Login with Gmail, log in with yahoo…etc

I was trying to log with yahoo but a fishing login page is opened. I put there my yahoo and a fake password. But the interface shows me a text “You are successfully logged in” :roll_eyes:

I back to the Fiverr inbox and report this as spam. Now guess what! He is no more on Fiverr. 😇

51835812_965485836978970_8638569225406906368_n.thumb.png.79308fce20b8905368d47260769fe14f.png

In the pic I removed his user name and the spam link from his text

Now my tips for you:

1. Before clicking any link check buyer’s ID
  2. If you visit any link then Do not log in with your mail.
  3. If you confirm that is a trap or spam don’t wait for just report the text to Fiverr.

Please comment and share your tips on this. And if you have face incidence Like this then do not forget to share.

Thanks for your time. Happy freelancing. Stay safe.

Mod Note: Screenshot removed. Please remove the username + url before reposting.

I might add, as general internet safety- spend a minute to scrutinize links. At a glance that looks look it could be a Dropbox link but a closer look quickly reveals a different (unknown) domain that’s definitely not Dropbox. If there’s any sort of information required, check once more you’re in fact on the right site.

I also believe a real Dropbox file doesn’t require a login to view/download.

Good catch; thanks for the reminder to be wary!

May I know, what happen if we click to the link? It will ask for our password or virus auto download?

I always received link from client. Usually to show sample illustration. If the hackers write more personal copywriting, I’m sure, many of us defeated at this trick easily.

May I know, what happen if we click to the link? It will ask for our password or virus auto download?

I always received link from client. Usually to show sample illustration. If the hackers write more personal copywriting, I’m sure, many of us defeated at this trick easily.

If you click the link then you get a web page saying "Log in with gmail/yahoo/aol etc…

If you are trying to log with any of your mail then it open a new web page which is look a like Login page of gmail/yahoo/aol etc…

But this page is not real login page. This page is designed like that. If you type your mail and passwords the the information will go to the site owner. And he/she can access your gmail/yahoo/aol account.

This system is called “Fishing” it’s a hacking formula.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:31 AM, smmahadi said:

If you click the link then you get a web page saying "Log in with gmail/yahoo/aol etc…

If you are trying to log with any of your mail then it open a new web page which is look a like Login page of gmail/yahoo/aol etc…

But this page is not real login page. This page is designed like that. If you type your mail and passwords the the information will go to the site owner. And he/she can access your gmail/yahoo/aol account.

This system is called “Fishing” it’s a hacking formula.

Thanks, that’s phishing page. I always received something like this but with more custom copywriting and look real.

Be careful to others. Hackers one of genius creature in this planet. 

On 2/20/2019 at 11:28 AM, wooden_fish said:

I might add, as general internet safety- spend a minute to scrutinize links. At a glance that looks look it could be a Dropbox link but a closer look quickly reveals a different (unknown) domain that’s definitely not Dropbox. If there’s any sort of information required, check once more you’re in fact on the right site.

There’s even a better way. You can check links of viruses even without opening them! Virus total has an URL scanner. That’s all you need to make sure a dubious link isn’t harmful.

I have also encountered a hacker.
So I got a message from a buyer, he said he wanted me work on their project because I was featured by fiverr recently and that they are really impressed with my gigs so obviously I got excited about it. He said he has uploaded all the files on dropbox and shared that link with me. But when I saw the link it was something about ‘toyocentre’ so it got me suspicious.
Still I wanted to give it a try so I clicked on the link and it took me on the dropbox login page (or mockup page) where I was asked to login through my email address. Thanks to internet I know a little about hacking and phishing. (Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by disguising as a trustworthy website or platform) so I reported him and his message was marked as spam.

On 2/20/2019 at 11:41 PM, archinerd said:

I have also encountered a hacker.

So I got a message from a buyer, he said he wanted me work on their project because I was featured by fiverr recently and that they are really impressed with my gigs so obviously I got excited about it. He said he has uploaded all the files on dropbox and shared that link with me. But when I saw the link it was something about ‘toyocentre’ so it got me suspicious.

Still I wanted to give it a try so I clicked on the link and it took me on the dropbox login page (or mockup page) where I was asked to login through my email address. Thanks to internet I know a little about hacking and phishing. (Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by disguising as a trustworthy website or platform) so I reported him and his message was marked as spam.

If it is real dropbox link you would know it. This might not sound like hacker at all. Sometimes people send me dropbox link, but wrong one. Like address from “bar” at top and not downloadable link. And if they send just address, you will get to login screen. I just say to them to send me real link 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. Also make sure to not open any kind of documents sent by the buyer on their first message. it is usually a scam/phising attempt. Maybe a keylogger will be in one of the files.
In any case, make sure to check the profile of the buyer first

This Tips is Very Helpful For Me. I think it’s very Important every Freelancers. …
But now Hackers are more vigilant.
Now I have a Question, I thing they create Short Link and which is Auto Login any Not Log out Sites. It is Possible for the Hackers?

Anyone please say the Question’s Ans.
Thank You very Much.

Archived