Fiverr for the level up sellers

vincentond

Let me just keep it simple. I entered Fiverr with the notion that after setting up my Fiverr account. I will be getting more jobs more than i can handle. Even with many years of experience on this job, i can’t even get a meaningful job on Fiverr. Most of them look forward to buying from the level one, two or Top sellers. Now what about the newbies,
How will they get up to those level if they can’t afford to sell?
Can somebody tell me what am doing wrong?
Or just show me the way UP?

There shouldn’t be a period between account and I.

Hahhahaa. Just kidding.

As a frequent buyer, I look for the job that is most applicable to what I’m searching for rather than ratings. If I’m looking for a website login screen, I search for that. I look for the most pertinent hit (rather than the higher rated). Granted, if there are two very pertinent hits I choose the one with the higher rating.

In other words, choose more gigs. Like “I will proofread your article” and “I will proofread your website” and “I will proofread your dissertation”, etc.

Hope this helps.

But seriously, no period between account and I.

Yes, some people speak of Fiverr as the source of endless riches - It isn’t!
Just like anywhere else, being successful on Fiverr takes hard work, patience, hard work, time and hard work. Did I mention hard work?
I see you offer proofreading and your pricing is more or less the same as mine, if not slightly more than I charge. Herein lies your problem. When I began here, I worked exceptionally hard and spent long hours for exceptionally low money. I did jobs at approx 1/3 to 1/4 of my current pricing until I got my level 2 badge.
As you know, if a proofreader does a bad job, it doesn’t matter how cheap they were, it is useless. I did my utmost to ensure a 5 star review from each of my clients.
When I had proof of my ability I raised my prices; after all, this marketplace is essentially anonymous so how else can people trust you without reviews. If a buyer is to take a chance on you, as a new seller with few reviews, you have to make it worth their while. Who is going to trust a guy with 5 reviews over a guy with 350? Would they take the chance if the price is the same? Of course not. Give them incentive and they will order from you. Probably not huge jobs initially but give it time.
I still have regular clients who used to pay the low price but are happy to pay the higher prices now as they know the quality of my work.
Fiverr, like anywhere is not easy.

In terms of your profile:
There are a variety of errors in your text including incorrect capitalization, extra spaces, incorrect use of English and poor sentence structure. These would be obvious to most people and would put buyers off ordering from you. If you don’t spend time on your profile - your entire way of showing yourself to the world - how can I believe you will spend the appropriate time on your work?

5 orders in 11 days is actually quite a good start for a newbie – at this rate, you could be at Level 1 next week!. I think it’s important to recognize that Fiverr is not going to be a supportive income in the beginning – hell, it’s not going to be substantial for the first little while unless you’re doing huge projects like website design or lonnnng audio books or book editing projects.

I’ll be blunt: assuming you’re using your real picture, then you’re old enough to have been around the block a number of times and you should certainly understand the “work through the ranks” methodology which Fiverr employs. You have to do grunt work (lots of work, little money) before you make big bucks. Fiverr is not your sole income, it’s pocket change (at least in the beginning). Fiverr buyers actually do take a chance on new sellers and occasionally you’ll meet a buyer who becomes a repeat-buyer and they come back and provide you with money, work, and beautiful glowing reviews. That helps you Level up. Leveling attracts more people to you. The point is that you have to earn that by putting in the work first. Fiverr is not for those who want things handed to them – it’s for those who work at it. Honestly, it’s capitalism at its best, I think. Be better (by quality or price or speed) than your competition and you’ll make money.

So, if you’re a native English speaker (which I assume, given your proofreading/editing gigs) then I highly suggest you peruse the forums and read some of the pinned posts, go through older posts on any topics that confuse you (refunds, advertising, multiple gigs, etc.), read the Terms of Service very thoroughly, and invest time into understanding how Fiverr works. If you understand Fiverr the way Top-Rated Sellers do, you’re already ahead of the pack.

@hvfqr0
Fiverr has a ton writers, it’s not easy to stand out. You said that you have tried your hardest, but I’m sorry to say it’s not enough.
For example, you have a stock video from pixabay and a random woman ripping her top off. How’s that going to help you sell your writing gig?

Start with the basics and go through Fiverr Academy.

Hello vincentond,

I see you started last month and have 5 reviews so you are doing better than 90% of new sellers. I am not sure why people expect to immediately be flooded with orders. This is slow and not very profitable for most sellers until over time they build up great reputations.

I can tell you my own experience here. Even though I had years of experience and a good reputation long before I came to fiverr, I still began slowly and barely broke even for a couple of years on fiverr. But I had my eyes on the long term and never expected the first years to be massively profitable. There are sellers who start out in the first month making thousands a month here but they are the exceptions.

Guest seoprofiler

Am sorry to be harsh. You are not the only one Fiverr is meant for. There are various sellers in your niche who are also experiencing the same. It’s called competition baby.

Stay focused and be patient.

Remember, when orders starts popping in, don’t forget to pay Fiverr it’s due. Hahahahaa…Just kidding.

Is nobody going to point out this is another proofreader who can’t? With another profile pic that isn’t theirs? I mean, that was easy. Meet John, who has a much better level of English: https://www.airbnb.ca/users/show/3639217 (see review responses, right down to that lovely little use of the plural apostrophe. Certainly not someone I would think would opt for the “I am professional writer and editor” tagline. That’s a rather classic example of Eastern European English, wouldn’t you say (I do say)?

Of course, you’re probably just copying @trentond. Funny how everything’s exactly the same, isn’t it, you corrupt little nincompoop?

Let me keep it simple: you can’t do what you claim to do, ergo you are not getting the sales. It’s really very simple. Yes, you have buyers, the majority of whom come from countries where English is not a first language. You are meant to offer a service that eradicates that problem, not confounds it with your own little ‘quirks’.

Downvote me, nice people, but liars like this are the cancer of Fiverr and if you support that, then you’re just a part of the metastasis that ruins it for the good sellers. well done, you

STOP SUPPORTING PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTIVELY MAKING THIS SITE WORSE

Let’s see.

The tip gig is unnecessary because Fiverr gives buyers the option to tip.

You have two gigs that are exactly the same.
I will proofread and edit up to 1200 words in 24hrs or less
I will carefully proofread and edit

If you want to “proofread 40,000 words document” you gig title should be “I will proofread your book” or something relevant like that.

My rule of thumb is not to have more than two gigs in the same category. So you should have two proofreading gigs, and then gigs for other stuff you want to do.

Also, your gig images are boring, I’m sorry to say, but people are paying for your brain, not your body. If you had a modeling gig, that would be different. Some people make money holding clients’ products, or holding signs, etc. In fact, you should search “senior model” or “senior male model” and see how many competitors you have. That could be an awesome source of income for you.

So your gig images should relate to writing, proofreading, even a crumpled piece of paper or some document with proofreading red marks would be more interesting than a picture of you in every gig.

If you have not design skills, hire a designer on Fiverr, google “free stock photography” or “meme creator” and make something interesting but not crazy.

Good luck.

Get some reviews first my friend, post your gig on facebook and offer your services to your friends for super cheap in exchange for reviews. Get moving in the right direction. Once you have established yourself as an authority in the area, or at least have enough reviews to look trustworthy, you will receive more gigs. Also, do some market research and analyze the competition… How competitive is your niche? Maybe you should branch out and give yourself a stronger USP.

You could start by being honest. That picture isn’t you. You’re from the “United States”, but you’re 5 hours in the future from me in the Eastern Time Zone. Also, according to @emmaki, you’re a complete fake.

Obviously, your method to “getting more sales” involves piggybacking on the success of others. It seems to be working; at least until Fiverr deletes your account.

Archived