Get Expert Advice #AskGaryVee

fiverr-social

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main question is how can I get more sales and it has been asked 12 times so far with slightly different wording each time. It has been answered a lot too in the regular forum under “Tips for Sellers” so start there to read the answers that have already been given.

Any type of online work will not give the security of a paid full time job. I have been on the internet since it was born and I can tell you with certainty that if you need to have a steady income you know will always be there, the internet is not the way to do it. Never quit and decide to do any online work full time without some type of financial security elsewhere, especially if you doubt your own ability in this area.

This is an easy response and if you just type the words Fiverr Academy it’s a hyperlink. If people aren’t going to take more than a second of effort on their own business, at least those can be answered in a second too.

I suppose all these people think that this Gary fellow is going to spend the entire time talking to each one of these people about their personal problems instead of addressing the wider seller community.

You can learn here

favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

Episode 26: How to Make Your First Sale

Tips & tricks for making your first sale and keep them coming in. This week, hosts Redd (http://www.fiverr.com/reddhorrocks) and Adam (http://www.fiverr.com/twistedweb123) are joined by David (https://www.fiverr.com/david388) to address some...

Reading time: 5 mins ? Likes: 213 ❤

Here comes your second chance.

This also means that at the moment, this forum thread ends as it starts…

"Exciting news, Fiverr Community – we’ve teamed up with world-renowned entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk to launch the Small Biz Digital Makeover campaign!

As part of the campaign, Gary will be filming a special episode of his popular web series #AskGaryVee with Fiverr CRO David Manela.

Here’s your chance to ask the experts! Are you looking for expert tips on how to bootstrap your business? How about advice on how to build, grow and scale your small business? Or questions on doing what you love, and how to turn that into your career?

Let us know by asking your question in a comment below and watch this special episode on May 5th to see if it’s answered!"

I wouldn’t worry about Alexa ranking. The fact that it takes both the number of visitors AND the number of page views into account when ranking means that a site that becomes more efficient will go down in the rankings. For example, simplifying the payment page to be one-click instead of 2-3 pages could result in a huge drop in pageviews for Fiverr but makes it more efficient and user friendly.

Well, ok this is “a bit off topic”, but here we go, I also have something to say about that “Alexa thing”, the old school audience metrics number one 🙂

For sure Alexa is or can be an indicator about the evolution of a website, and for sure there can be seen a brusque drop in the main graph till July last year.

There happened definitely something - but what - without insights from the company impossible to evaluate that. It could be something like @eoinfinnegan mentioned, or something completely different, cause if you check some direct competitors you see exactely the same drop, so there may be “the completely different reason thing” more probable.

Imo the second graph is aways more interesting, it´s the search traffic, basically from google (including Adwords campaigns). There is not much movement in that numbers, they move from 4,5 % to 6,5 % more or less.

As far as I know, there are people offering this insight knowledge in Gigs. Can´t remember their names atm 🙂

Archived