Get Expert Advice #AskGaryVee

fiverr-social

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! I never knew this guy is that popular, and I had sent him an email a while ago proposing something. Since I had shared my Fiverr profile link as well, I fear that he may mention it somewhere [Again, I didn’t know he is that big, and mine was a JV proposal with him:-)

Oh My!

Hi Gary,

First off thanks a lot for joining the Fiverr Community and spreading your love. We all love it!!

My Question/s are:

1. What would have been your first gig on Fiverr had you been a seller at the present time and why?

2. What would be your one piece of advice to the entire community (sellers) on Fiverr to make it a better marketplace?

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise!
justme07

Hello ,

Thank you for this amazing help thread.

i have few question. I am not getting sales. Even i am providing the good quality .

I have seen that many people are giving few services in very cheap rate and i have tested their quality and that are very very low. But still people are buying there product. This is no issue.

Issue is that i am getting good click and impression. But not a single click is generating a sale. Should i make the sale image more attractive?? or what should i do? to generate leads.

Please help us.

A reminder for how to make sells people.

Here’s your chance to ask the experts! Are you looking for expert tips on how to bootstrap your business? How about advice on how to build, grow and scale your small business? Or questions on doing what you love, and how to turn that into your career?

Questions asking how to mek sells do not fit into this category, and will likely be skimmed over. There is a ton of advice in Tips for Sellers. Use the search function. Use Google if you find the search function limiting. Don’t know how to use Google to search a single sub-domain? Well… Google that, too.

Right now, you do not have a ‘start-up’. You have a laptop and a need for $$$. Doesn’t everyone? You do not have anything to bootstrap. Just a hope and a prayer with a sprinkle of desperation–and that’s out of fashion. The final one–doing what you love, and how to turn it into a career, could apply. But a career is more than “mek sells”.

If you want to mek more sells, or indeed enjoy business success, you need to learn how to operate and think for yourself independently. Ultimately, the best teacher in your life is doing something yourself, failing, then trying again. It’s really not that difficult to find mountains of help and apply, try and switch it up when it’s not working. People come to YOU as a professional to solve THEIR problem.

All I’m seeing here is “not waving but drowning” behavior–and all because you couldn’t find your own life raft, which I assure you is right there in your head and at your fingertips if only you would use it.

You may also find considering what your locus of control is, and start figuring out your own business. http://www.fastcompany.com/1840496/how-your-locus-control-impacts-business-success

Or, if you want a more informative article that Fast Company ripped theirs off (seriously, do a side-by-side, it’s just been lightly edited–the first para in particular), go to wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locus_of_control – so there you have it. Virtual plagiarism once again, on the internet shock

Figure it out, work it out, then the sells come. Or just bleat to a professional in the hope that he will cure your inability to mek sells with his King’s Touch. If you have no idea what I’m on about, Google it. You may have scrofula, after all.

You might want to consider that some of these potential competition winners are looking here to see the brightest and best of Fiverr commenting. 3 businesses x 3 cities x $3000 each = there is $27,000s worth of sales here–and instead of showing off your talent in some subtle way, or asking insightful questions, you’re asking “how I mek sells?” or mixing it up with classic brown-nosing.

That is not how you mek sells.

One question for Fiverr–or whichever employee/volunteer is charged with reading over this thread–are sellers hired with that $3000 done so with or without the 20% fee? I’m assuming the 10% processing fee is waived as you deposit it direct in their account. This (the fees are not to be sniffed at with this much money, which would ultimately flowing right back into Fiverr’s coffers) isn’t mentioned in your competition T&C, but given that you’re using sellers as leverage as the main part of the prize, I’m just wondering. Certainly could be described as “cost-effective” in a certain light. At least there’s going to be no postal difficulties this time, eh? Secondary question: will sellers be featured in the PR following the event? I am also at a loss as to why this is only for NY, Chicago and SF businesses only.

Hey Gary,

First of all, thank you for letting us (Fiverr Community) ask question and interact with you.

My question:
You talk a lot about ‘Hustle’, and you talk a lot about getting things done. However, my belief is doing, that I would say, Selective Hustle.

Let’s just say, for instance; I have to market my business. I narrow down my list to Content Marketing and Running Paid Ads. According to your podcasts and videos (I am a huge fan), you would be suggesting doing both as it would be ultimately bringing sales and improving my business.

However, quite in a scenario, Paid Ads produced more results in less time & effort or vice versa. Shouldn’t I be only hustling in that particular part because it works for me? I know there’s an Opportunity Cost that I would be missing here but being EFFICIENT, shouldn’t I be just doing ONE which brings me the most result with least effort?

What would be your take on this?

Adding this here because my last post was long enough. You really only have one mention of fees:

Prizes are solely as stated and must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may be exchanged for cash value or substituted at our sole discretion. All taxes, duties, fees or other expenses associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All prizes will be awarded.

I’m not a lawyer, so maybe this covers it. I’d say it doesn’t, contextually, as its in a single paragraph and section (“Winners and Prizes”) dealing with the transfership of the prize and the T&C of that. Nothing about the making it rain. If it’s capped at 10%, then that’s $300 gone already. It would be churlish of someone to moan about the remaining free money, but… believe me, as a seller…

You neglected to mention the results. Did the traffic convert, for example? This is an example of a good question that cannot be answered in any depth because there’s no meat to sink into. Without knowledge of your industry/niche or results thus far… it’s all going to boil down to an opinion. And you already know that opinion.

Make your own portfolio. Create a random case study and get super-anal about it. Work like it’s the biggest gig you ever got. Do it right, and although nobody paid you, it’s worth thousands. Pick a big name company too. Can even tie that into a recent big co media failure and your alternative better ideas.

You are a copywriter–part of your remit is to be creative and bold enough to think of solutions.

NO.

You have loans and kids. Pay off the loans first and use Fiverr as an auxilliary income to pay it off. Until you pay off your debt, don’t even dare dream of financial freedom. Never mind your fear of losing security–your kids come first. Don’t risk childhood instability for your dreams.

Archived