Get Expert Advice #AskGaryVee

fiverr-social

@emmaki You know, it’s funny, I rarely see many people react except on one particular thread. I’ve watched some giveaways come and go with varying results and little backlash. Maybe it’s because people are afraid to say anything since they rely on Fiverr for income.

Only once when there was a chance to win a t-shirt by posting something (a picture or video - I can’t recall) this one guy raised a huge stink over no one acknowledging that he entered the contest. When the contest ended, they really did award the t-shirt codes, and then some other guy tried to trade his coupon code for an order with a 5 star review. (That didn’t go over well with Fiverr.)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was the only one we could find on May 5 that was made so it’s a mystery at this point what was supposed to be shown. This one was not about fiverr. But he did answer 3 questions from people who called in. I think this was supposed to be the one.

Maybe it’s because people are afraid to say anything since they rely on Fiverr for income. No way. 😉

Like so many things Fiverr promises and never delivers on, it didn’t happen. We are now 2 days into the waiting!

If Fiverr was a seller, Fiverr’s clients would now be able to get a refund (well…you know what I mean) and a 1-star “Order cancelled! Seller failed to deliver on time!” review.

Instead of the lovely 5-star reviews they give themselves. I saw a 5-star profile that belonged to Fiverr once, it was literally wall-to-wall “order cancelled!”. It’s nice to be the boss, I suppose.

I wonder if the Vee Man even knew he was mentioned on fiverr. I got one pretty good suggestion out of his talk, and it takes some good listening skills I admit (pats self on back) to pick out the gems from the stream of curses:

Create attention grabbing content targeted at the audience you want to attract. Not sure how you make certain that audience sees it but he said tell your grandma friends and family and put it on facebook.

If I were his assistant I would be a shaking nervous wreck.

Oh… um… goodness. That was a video. It was so nice and shaped just like a YouTube video should be, like very rectangular. The Fiverr guy had some nice clothes on. Um… so yeah, the questions did come from this thread. I didn’t follow the answers super well on the audio because I think my sound is messed up and it goes too fast, like my sound card is on speed. I should re-boot. Well. #bonnineedsachicken

I read through the comments on YouTube following this video. Gary does have a loyal following I see. Lots of comments from graphic designers bemoaning the idea of working cheap. It’s the usual stuff about how they can’t charge enough here. They are not realizing the potential and the fact that with patience and building a reputation for excellence they can
charge much more.

I see this site as ripe for some logo designers and other types of designers to post extremely great original designs and price them accordingly. So many buyers are looking for great artwork and not all are going for the cheapest.

Same goes for other disciplines. If the rep is good enough and your latest reviews are awesome (e.g. mine right now bar some pissy $5 people) then you’ll get surprise huge gigs.

I really, really, really hate cheap and mean people.

Better to get one $100 order than 20 $5 ones but not sure fiverr sees it that way, but it is now easier for me to get two $100 orders than 20 $5 ones, but it looks to fiverr as if my orders have dropped.

I get a lot of large orders. Number of orders has dropped, but overall revenus are ^^^^^^.

Definitely, all those graphic designers bitching about the price should actually start looking at the opportunity there is. If they are as good as they seem to think they are they would find it easy to make money here. The reality is that they prefer to have clients who pay 10 times the going rate because they meet up and chat with them, pretend they are interested in their lives, ask about their kids and offer them coffee. It’s a lot easier than actually working on 10 projects but delivers a tenth of the actual (not perceived) value to the client.

I have experience with only one graphic designer in real life and I must say that there is no comparison to what she does that I have seen here and she makes a lot of money. I have also worked with a graphic designer in Sri Lanka on fiverr and he is incredible, but perhaps being in a different economy from the one I am in can work for less money. He would probably be able to do the type of very high end work she does, given the time and pay scale.

He could probably raise his prices greatly, at least for a few gigs, and attract a different type of high paying client. It would be interesting to see what happens. I know there are a surprising number of buyers who are not adverse to spending much more.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived